Obstruction of the nasal passages is a pathological symptom that indicates swelling of the mucous membranes and accumulation of liquid secretions in the nasal cavity. Due to a violation of nasal breathing, the child refuses breastfeeding, is naughty, constantly crying and does not sleep well. What if your newborn has a stuffy nose? Infectious inflammation in the nasal cavity is eliminated with antiseptic and isotonic solutions, and allergic rhinitis with antihistamine nasal means.
The content of the article
Use of medicines for the treatment of infants can only be prescribed by a doctor. To make the scheme of therapy is possible only after determining the cause of nasal breathing disorders. The article will consider the safest and most effective methods of restoring the normal nasal passages in infants.
What to do if the baby's nose is not breathing? Nasal breathing is a common problem that newborns face. In babies, the airways are narrow enough, so the slightest swelling of tissues and the accumulation of mucus in the respiratory tract leads to nasal congestion.
Treatment of newborns involves regular physiotherapy procedures aimed at cleansing the nose from mucous secretions, allergens and dust. Irrigation of the nasal cavity with isotonic solutions helps to reduce swelling in the tissues and strengthen local immunity. The more often moms will conduct therapeutic activities, the less often children will suffer from respiratory illnesses.
Eliminate the stuffy nose in a newborn can be done with washes. To reduce the viscosity of muconasal secretions (snot) in the nose, it is recommended that medicines based on isotonic solutions be instilled in children. According to pediatricians, the most successful option is "Sodium Chloride" (saline). It does not irritate the mucous membranes, but at the same time helps to restore the normal secretory actively glands in the nasopharynx and strengthen the walls of blood vessels.
If a month old baby has mucus in the nasopharynx, it is recommended to do the following:
- place the child on his back, putting a small roller out of a towel under his head,
- drip 2-3 drops of isotonic solution in one nasal passage,
- after 5 minutes, insert the tip of the compressed rubber syringe into the nostril and remove the accumulated mucus,
- similarly flush the second nostril.
Important! Do not inject saline into the nose with a syringe or rubber bulb under pressure.
In case of violation of nasal breathing in babies, solutions should not be introduced into the nasal cavity under pressure. The penetration of the pathological secret into the auditory tube and the paranasal sinuses is fraught with the development of serious complications, such as eustachitis, frontal sinusitis, antritis, etc.
With infectious and allergic rhinitis, the amount of liquid discharge in the nasal cavity can triple. The secret that forms in the nasopharynx not only interferes with normal breathing, but flows down into the lower respiratory tract along the walls of the pharynx. Along the way, the liquid irritates the cough receptors in the mucous membranes, which is why the baby begins to cough.
To remove muconasal secretions from the respiratory tract, pediatricians recommend the use of special aspirators. In case of their absence, you can use Dyagilev electric breast pump or a regular rubber bulb with a soft tip. During the procedure, you must adhere to the following rules:
- drip 2-3 drops of mucolytic agent into the nose of a newborn
- place the child on its side and insert a catheter into its nostril,
- pressing the aspirator button, remove the mucus from the lower nostril,
- Having turned the child to the other side, remove the viscous secret from the second nostril.
Important! After each procedure, it is necessary to disinfect the catheter with an alcohol solution or an antiseptic.
If a child has a stuffy nose due to the development of a respiratory disease, therapeutic interventions will have to be at least 4-5 times a day. The penetration of the pathological flora into the paranasal sinuses (sinuses) can provoke complications and, as a result, deterioration of the baby’s well-being.
Removal of dry crusts
At the stage of recovery in infants in the nasal passages dry crusts are often formed. They interfere with normal nasal breathing and cause discomfort. To eliminate them, it is recommended to bury salt preparations in the nose, and then remove the softened crusts with cotton wool rings. To facilitate breathing in a newborn, do the following:
- drop 2-3 drops of Aqualore Baby or Physiomer into each nostril,
- twist small dense flagellae of cotton wool, then moisten them in saline,
- insert cotton turundos in the child's nose and gently scroll several times,
- remove the crusty crust and drip moisturizing nasal drops into the spout.
Before treating rhinitis in newborns, it is desirable to determine the nature of inflammation in the nasopharynx. If the cause of a cold is an infection, it will be possible to eliminate the pathological processes in the body with the help of etiotropic drugs. These include drugs that directly destroy the causative agent of the disease, i.e. antiviral drugs, antibiotics and antifungal agents.
Safe nasal products
When the infant's nose does not breathe, in most cases this indicates swelling of the nasal mucosa. To normalize the patency of the nasal passages, you need to use drugs local action. These include nasal drops and solutions that have anti-edematous, wound-healing and antiseptic properties.
If the baby has a stuffy nose, vasoconstrictor drugs will help restore breathing. However, it should be noted that for the treatment of the smallest patients, only safe medicines that do not contain dyes, preservatives and toxic substances should be used. In pediatric practice, the following vasoconstrictive drops are used to treat rhinitis:
Abuse of vasoconstrictor drops leads to dehydration of the mucous membranes and the development of atrophic rhinitis.
Vasoconstrictor drugs (decongestants) reduce the swelling in the tissues of the nasopharynx, thereby improving the nasal passability. The components included in the preparations inhibit the activity of the external secretion glands, due to which less mucous secretions are formed in the airways. Despite the high effect of decongestants, doctors do not recommend using them for more than 3-4 days in a row.
Solutions based on sea salt
Isotonic nasal drugs are the safest drugs that do not cause allergic reactions in children. The solutions contain sea salt, trace elements and vitamins, which accelerate the biochemical reactions in the affected tissues. This, in turn, contributes to the speedy healing of mucous membranes and the elimination of edema in the nasal passages.
For irrigation of the nasopharynx can use the following types of drops based on isotonic solutions:
Unlike vasoconstrictor and homeopathic remedies, sterile isotonic solutions do not lead to degeneration of the mucous membranes. Therefore, they can be used not only to treat ENT diseases, but also to keep a newborn's nasal cavity clean.
In cases where the newborn cannot breathe through the nose, homeopathic nasal agents are included in the treatment regimen. They have anti-inflammatory, immunostimulating and regenerating properties. The composition of drugs does not include toxic substances, so they can be used for the prevention of respiratory diseases and moisturizing the nasal mucosa.
At the first manifestations of rhinorrhea (acute rhinitis), it is recommended that the drug Euphorbium Compositus be instilled into the nose. It enhances local immunity and stimulates the synthesis of interferon in the body, which does not allow viruses to penetrate deep into the tissues of the nasopharynx. You can use the drug 2-3 times a day during the period of exacerbation of infectious rhinitis.
Violation of nasal breathing in newborns is a common problem that may be due to physiological, infectious, or allergic causes. To restore the normal patency of the nasal passages is possible only after cleansing the respiratory tract from muconasal secretion. Remove the viscous secretions from the nose with the help of an aspirator and vasospasm nasal drugs - “Physiomer”, “Nazol Bebi”, “Morenazal”, etc.
The vasoconstrictive, antiseptic and homeopathic nasal preparations help to reduce the swelling in the respiratory tract and normalize the secretory function of the mucous membranes. Some of them can be used for the prevention of respiratory diseases, others - no more than 4-5 days in a row during periods of acute illness. Only a pediatrician after examining a baby can draw up a treatment regimen and select the most appropriate medicines.
The newborn has a stuffy nose: possible causes
Nasal congestion in newborns may occur for a variety of reasons. The most common cause of nasal congestion in a newborn is purely physiological. In infants, the nose can often be blocked simply because the nasal passages of newborns are very narrow. In such cases, do not need to do anything, with age, as the nasal passages expand, the nasal congestion will gradually appear less and less. In addition to the physiological narrowing of the nasal passages, congestion in an infant or newborn baby can occur for the following reasons:
- The presence of hard crusts in the nose. This happens if parents have not cleaned the baby's nose for a long time,
- Too dry air in the apartment. This usually occurs during the cold season, when central heating is available in apartment buildings around the clock. In order for the baby not to suffer from dry air, you can buy an industrial-made humidifier or simply put a pot of water in the room,
- Allergic reaction. To prevent allergies, it is necessary to remove all potential dust collectors from the baby’s room: souvenirs, soft toys, carpets, and houseplants. It is recommended to cut the contact of a small child with animals, fish, birds and feed for them,
- Also, nasal congestion may be one of the first signs of acute respiratory illness, therefore, it is recommended to keep the baby away from contact with sick people.
Stuffy nose: what to do
When a newborn lays a nose, parents often do not know what to do: how to eliminate congestion and help the baby breathe normally. To eliminate nasal congestion in infants, you can use a variety of means. So, what to do when a baby is laying her nose:
- It is necessary to wash the baby's nose with the help of special children's nasal sprays, which contain saline sea water. The most common and affordable drugs of this type are sprays and drops "Aqualor", "Aquamaris". They are available in different packages and are designed for both adults and children of different ages. For the baby, you need to choose the most benign option, designed for children under one year old,
- Next, you need to wait a bit to dry the crusts in the wasp under the influence of the drug,
- When dry crusts get wet, you need to remove them from the nose with a special baby aspirator. However, most often such aspirators are not very convenient to use, so the easiest way is to clean the child's nose with the smallest rubber pear-enema “number one”,
- When the baby's nose is cleaned with a pear, the remnants of snot can be wiped gently with a soft, damp cloth. In this case, you can not rub the delicate baby skin, so as not to provoke irritation under the nose,
- If the baby has a heavy congestion, after cleaning the nose, you can drip children's vasoconstrictor drops.
The most popular drops in the nose for kids
The most common pharmacy drugsused in the treatment of rhinitis in children under one year old are “Nazol baby”, “Nazol kids”, “Nazivin” and “Otrivin”. Warning: apply vasoconstrictor drops can be no more than three to five days. If after this time the child’s congestion does not work, you must show your baby to a pediatrician or call a doctor at home.
Any vasoconstrictor drops for babies under one year old, they can only be taken on prescription by a pediatrician. Funds for the treatment of rhinitis in children under one year old are usually well tolerated by children, do not cause allergic reactions and are not dangerous in case of accidental overdose. Typically, these tools are sold freely without a prescription at any pharmacy, but before using it is necessary to consult a pediatrician, as well as carefully read the instructions supplied with the medication.
The stale knife in the baby: in which cases immediately consult a doctor
If nausea in infants occurs frequently and is accompanied by other unpleasant symptoms, it is best to show the newborn to a pediatrician. Of course, there are cases when the baby is generally healthy and cheerful, and his congestion does not bother him much. In such cases, it is not worth taking any special measures, the congestion may be caused by physiological reasons and will eventually pass by itself.
But there are other cases. Congestion can be so strong that the baby can not suck the breast normally, can not sleep and stay awake actively. In these cases, urgent action is required.. You should also certainly take action, if congestion appeared in the child after he had contact with other children or adults with ARVI. In this case, the child should immediately assign a course of antiviral drugs (for example, interferon or anaferon).
However, there are cases when severe congestion is observed not in isolation, but in combination with other symptoms of the disease. In this case, you need to urgently show the child to the doctor or to call the doctor to the house so that the child does not catch an additional infection in the clinic. Seek immediate medical attention.if congestion is combined with the following symptoms:
- Increased temperature, above thirty eight degrees,
- General lethargy, drowsiness of the child or, on the contrary, excessive agitation,
- Rash, urticaria and other signs of an allergic reaction,
In all these cases, a child suffering from severe congestion must be immediately shown to the doctor, and the doctor will prescribe the necessary treatment according to the results of the examination. You can call the doctor at home. The main thing - to seek qualified medical assistance as soon as possible. The doctor will help you diagnose and prescribe the necessary treatment, including drugs to strengthen the immune system. If necessary, the baby is hospitalized. However, if nothing threatens the baby’s health, treatment can also take place at home.
In order to completely eliminate the congestion in infants, parents must follow all the doctor's instructions regarding the treatment of the child. Attention: it is possible to give any medicine to a newborn baby only as prescribed by a doctor. This applies to absolutely any medication, including antibiotics..
Nasal obstruction in infants: prevention
In order for a newborn to not nasal, parents should pay great attention to the prevention of respiratory diseases. Nasal congestion can be successfully prevented, and it can be done in several ways.
First, it is necessary to pay important attention to the fight against acute respiratory infections and ARVI. The child should not be in contact with the diseased. If the mother of the baby is sick, you should not refuse breastfeeding. Just do it in a mask. However, up to six months young children barely suffer from acute respiratory viral infections and acute respiratory infections, because they have not dried up the natural immunity obtained from their mother's milk.
In order that the nasal congestion does not recur, it is necessary to create favorable conditions for the child. The most important thing is to maintain an optimal level of air humidity. This will help to avoid such problems as a large number of dry crusts in the baby’s nose. It is necessary to walk with the child more often, and the room where the baby sleeps should be aired during this time.
Also need to follow, to the child's diet was varied. Good nutrition significantly activates the body's defenses, and the child becomes less vulnerable to various diseases. The nutrition of the baby should contain all the vitamins and minerals vital for the child for intensive growth and development.
It is also necessary to sharply limit the contact of a small child with potential allergens present in the interior of a city apartment. The most severe allergies can cause dust, down and pet hair, poor-quality fillers, which can be stuffed with blankets and pillows. It is also recommended to remove soft toys and all plastic products of dubious origin from the children's room.
If nasal congestion in the baby наблюдается с самого рождения, и с течением времени эта проблема не проходит, а, напротив, усугубляется, лучше всего проконсультироваться с детским врачом-отоларингологом. Perhaps it is all about the congenital anomalies of the structure of the nasal passages or their physiological narrowness.
It’s pretty easy to handle a stuffy nose in a small child if you know its cause. The main thing is not to give the child any medicine. without prior consultation with a pediatrician. Usually severe nasal congestion in a child can last for several days, and then it gradually passes by itself. The main thing is to provide qualified assistance to the newborn in time and relieve the baby of unpleasant symptoms caused by a nose and nose problem. And then the child will quickly recover..
Understand yourself in the causes of nasal congestion should not be, you need to contact a pediatrician. The doctor, firstly, will diagnose, secondly, prescribe the correct treatment.
If you suspect allergies, the doctor will advise, in addition to treatment, to determine the cause of the allergy in order to eliminate it quickly. It is important not to delay the visit to the doctor in order to prevent the development of complications of the common cold, which can occur very quickly in the infant.
On your own, mother can check if dry crusts of dried mucus in the nose do not interfere with the baby’s breathing. You can clean the baby’s nose with cotton flagella soaked in lightly salted water. It is possible to suck mucus from the nasal passages with the help of a small rubber bulb with a soft tip or a special device, a nasal aspirator.
Pediatricians recommend to bury a saline solution in a baby’s nose, Aqua Maris drops or 2 drops of breast milk in each nasal passage.
Traditional medicine advises to drip in the nose 2 drops of freshly squeezed carrot or beet juice, twice diluted with boiled water, or aloe juice. After instillation, gently massage the wings of the nose to the child.
Any other drops in the nose of a baby without the appointment of a pediatrician should not be used!
Famous pediatricians are advised to always humidify the air in the room. To do this, you can put containers with water near radiators, hang wet towels in the room, open the door to the bathroom when the shower is on. Special air humidifiers are also available. They can be used, but without flavor. Air conditioners should be turned off, as they dry out the air. Wet cleaning should be carried out 2 times a day.
Which doctor to contact
If a child develops swelling or nasal discharge, it is necessary to contact a pediatrician. If necessary, an allergist is consulted, in rare cases an examination by an infectious disease specialist or an ENT specialist is necessary.
Pediatrician E. O. Komarovsky makes recommendations on how to clean the infant's nose:
The need for nasal breathing
The importance of nasal breathing in a child under one year is invaluable. This is due to the fact that it plays a huge role in the proper development and growth of the baby.
- The child is not physiologically adapted to breathing through the mouth. This phenomenon arises due to the fact that up to 6 months the child is difficult to push the air through the oral cavity due to pushing the laryngeal cartilage back with the tongue. Because of this, prolonged breathing through the oral cavity can lead to hypoxia, which is the cause of the violation of the overall development of the body of the baby.
- If the nose is stuffed up in 5 months, oxygen deficiency provokes an increase in intracranial pressure, failure of the most important functions of the central nervous system. If the baby has a stuffy nose, he starts to be constantly naughty, and he also has sleep disorders.
- When the newborn has a stuffy nose and the mucous membrane is inflamed, the processes of reproduction of pathogenic microflora are activated. As a result of such a disorder, ENT complications can develop, for example, an inflammatory process can occur in the region of the middle ear, the paranasal sinuses, and the adenoids.
Also, nasal congestion in infants leads to weight loss. This is due to the fact that the baby is unable to continuously suck the breast, it is often interrupted, its behavior becomes restless. The lack of mass in the baby leads to the development of even more dangerous complications.
Causes of nasal congestion
In order to cope with nasal congestion in an infant as quickly as possible, it is necessary to know the main causes of the development of such a pathology. Most often it is caused by:
- natural formation of the mucous membrane, most often this phenomenon is observed when a baby comes to 2 months (this formation can last up to three months),
- most often, nasal congestion in an infant causes ARVI; this pathology can be recognized by its complication with a runny nose,
- during the cold season, when heating is turned on in the house and the temperature in the room rises to 22 degrees, because of the dry and hot air, the mucous crumbs can dry out, as a result of which crusts form, breathing is difficult (basically this phenomenon occurs when the child is 5 months old, child 2 months, 3, 4 months),
- If the child has a constantly stuffy nose, you need to pay attention if it is overheating. The fact is that infants do not have a thermoregulation system, and because of the heat in the room or too warm clothes, his body may overheat, the mucous membranes dry up and form barriers in the form of crusts for normal nasal breathing,
- if the infant has a stuffy nose, it is required to pay attention to whether its teeth are being cut. During the period of teething, the nasopharyngeal mucosa swells, because of which nasal breathing may be disturbed,
- various household allergens can also cause mucosal edema and nasal breathing problems.
The main causes of congestion
Spud obstruction can occur for various reasons:
- Narrow nasal sinus structure. For newborns, this is normal. In this case, it is necessary to ensure that the air flow in the nursery is fresh. From too dry air, the kid grunts and starts coughing.
- Allergy. In this case, the newborn has a stuffy nose, but no snot. A runny nose will not pass until the mother calculates the allergen, and does not exclude the contact of the child with him. This may be an animal, even a small amount of dust in the room, household chemicals, which is used when cleaning the room, plant pollen. With strong attacks of allergy, the baby can cough. To stop it, it is best to use a nebulizer.
- Viruses of different nature. They occur in a standard way - infection from relatives or friends who came to visit.
- Foreign body. Children are very unpredictable people, so this option should not be excluded either, so you should constantly check the child’s nose. If this happens, then you need to remove it yourself as soon as possible or to see a doctor. Do not delay with this.
- Teething. In this case, the treatment in the infant is not required, the congestion goes away on its own when the long-awaited tooth appears.
A newborn breathes much more often than an adult: a baby is about 40-45 times, an adult is 16-20 times per minute. Breathing can be intermittent and arrhythmic, with loud puffing, in a dream the baby often grunts. Do not be afraid, it is considered as one of the options for the norm. From a physiological point of view, there is an explanation for this phenomenon: the nasal passages are still narrow, some karapuz may still have postpartum puffiness, but without snot. Over time, this will go away: the swelling will subside, the nasal passages will expand to the size of the norms, breathing will become deeper and silent.
Types of manifestations
If the baby breathes well at night, and the nose of the newborn is stuffed only in the morning, it is most likely the body's reaction to the overdried air in the nursery. Most often this happens in autumn and winter, at the beginning of the heating season. It is possible to confirm this conjecture quite easily: just before putting the baby in, you can hang wet towels or rags in several places in the room. If there is no cold in the morning, the reason is determined correctly. It is advisable to put a special humidifier in the newborn's room.
Allergic swelling is also exacerbated in the morning.
It is necessary to treat nasal congestion in babies in a timely manner so as not to earn sinusitis. Its peculiarity is that the child can breathe freely throughout the day. In this case, urgently need to consult a doctor.
Swelling of the nasal mucosa in a newborn, occurring in the late evening or at night, most likely indicates the presence of mucus in the sinuses. If there is little of it, then it doesn’t bother the baby during the day, since all the liquid flows along the back of the larynx.
We should also mention the chronic nasal congestion. A distinctive feature of this is the absence of a normal respiratory rhythm for a long period, 1-2 months. The help of the pediatrician who can confirm the given diagnosis, and also to reveal the possible reasons and to appoint a course of treatment is surely necessary.
Swelling of the nose in a newborn is:
- With the release of mucus.
- Without mucus.
As mentioned above, congestion, not accompanied by the release of mucus, occurs because of too dry air in the room, which is why the nose is stuffed in an infant.
How to clean a little nose?
Doctors confirm the fact that almost every second mother asks if the baby’s nose should be cleaned, even if it is not clogged, and how often it is done. 10-15 years ago, pediatricians recommended daily cleaning. But now the opinion has changed: if the newborn has edema and nasal mucous membranes, breathing is even, then there is no need to do anything, the mucosa will clear itself.
If the shell does not cope, then the mother can help her. Sample action plan:
- It will take a small piece of cotton wool, which is twisted into a small rope (2-5 cm).
- We moisten it with warm water or saline.
- Carefully introduce the flagellum to the child in the nasal passage and turn. If necessary, use a few harnesses.
- If the internal cavity of the nose is covered with a crust, then you can drip a few drops of liquid into the nostrils, wait a few minutes and only then clean it.
The procedure can be carried out as the baby's nose gets clogged, but not more than 2 times in 60-70 minutes.
It is possible to wet the cotton fleece with ordinary boiled water, saline, which can be prepared by yourself or bought ready-made at a pharmacy. Well help oils: vegetable, peach, almond. Pre-oil must be boiled and cooled.
Pediatric doctors do not recommend using standard cotton swabs in the process of cleansing the nasal sinuses of the infant. They are very long and wide for a small nose, possibly traumatizing mucous membranes and still immature nasal passages.
When removing the crust is best to bury the liquid. Aerosol medications are still prohibited, as the mixture can get into the middle ear and cause otitis.
In the process of cleaning the mother should introduce flagellum no more than 1.5-2 cm.
Disease treatment methods
Before prescribing any treatment, it is necessary for the pediatrician and mother to know exactly the cause of the swelling of the baby’s nose. One of the most important conditions for a successful recovery and further prophylaxis are comfortable temperature conditions for the child to live. To do this, you need to air the nursery as often as possible, microbes will not linger. It is necessary to monitor the level of humidity, it is about 55-60%.
Newborns and infants are prohibited from giving potent medications, and this is what makes the process of treating a disease difficult. All medicines should be as safe and natural as possible. We list the main methods:
- Vasoconstrictor drops. Independent use is not desirable, they are discharged only by a doctor in a pinch. Most often they are used for children over 2 years.
- Saline solutions. Their use has long been approved by world-famous pediatricians. Modern pharmaceuticals offer moms a fairly large selection of ready-made solution, which is packaged in convenient jars with a dispenser for even greater ease of use if the baby has a stuffy nose.
- Aspirator (sopleotsos). Real salvation for mom baby, who still does not know how to show off. Aspirators can be divided into syringes and mechanical nozzles.
Our grandmothers also knew what a syringe was. This is a pear made from ordinary rubber, having a silicone tip. Until now, they successfully compete with modern counterparts. The main advantage is the price. But it is worth remembering that they are not entirely safe for the baby’s nose and do not allow to know the amount of mucus produced.
If the nose is stuffed in a baby, what should an inexperienced mother do? The mechanical aspirator is a small tube through which the mother pulls the mucus from the baby’s mouth with her mouth. The liquid flows into a special transparent tank, which is very convenient for assessing its quantity, consistency and color.
The electronic aspirator, which does all the work for the mother, was created quite recently, but its price is somewhat too high compared to the above described analogues. Using it, a woman needs only to press a button, and the air flow will independently draw out the unnecessary liquid.
Vacuum aspirators are the most modern, but very noisy when used, so they are not in demand.
Every mother should remember - no need to self-medicate and independently prescribe procedures and medications for her child. This can be very dangerous for the health of a little person.
If in the arsenal of parents or grandmothers there are any effective, from their point of view, folk recipes for getting rid of nasal congestion, you should definitely tell the children's doctor about them. The doctor will tell you how to treat with the help of the same means. Here are some of them:
- Oil burner. The method works if the mother knows for sure that the baby is not allergic to aroma oils. Well suited eucalyptus or mint flavor. You do not need to keep the newborn over it or sit with him, it is enough just to put a fragrant vessel in the nursery for 15-20 minutes, but no more.
- Solutions. In addition to salt solutions, you can use a pair of chamomile infusion. Infusion has a strong anti-inflammatory effect and kills all pathogens.
- Healing ointments. Our grandmothers also used the healing properties of goat milk and badger fat. But it is worth remembering that these are very allergenic products and it is necessary to use them carefully.
Most often, mothers rubbed baby’s tender heels with milk or fat, wearing warm socks from above. This will quickly relieve nasal congestion in the baby. It is better to carry out the procedure before bedtime, the body of the newborn warms up well during sleep, it will be easier for him to breathe. The method of warming the lower extremities has been used for many centuries for adults as well, since it is on the feet that the main number of points connecting the legs and nose are located. The procedure is contraindicated if the child has even the slightest increase in body temperature.
Treatment of a newborn is a very difficult task, as it is necessary to strictly follow all the recommendations of the pediatrician and constantly monitor the general condition of the child. Otherwise, possible complications:
- The baby has become even more restless.
- The occurrence of medical rhinitis.
- Partial atrophy of the internal nasal membranes.
In all of the above cases, an urgent need to go to the doctor.