Pregnancy and breastfeeding period are the most reverent stages in the life of a woman and her baby. During this period, the nursing mommy follows a strict diet, is extremely selective and checks every piece that she is going to eat. And there is nothing strange in this, because everything that gets in the tummy to the mother will be in her breast milk after a while.
Breastfeeding is useful not only for the baby. Lactation contributes to the reduction of the uterus, the normalization of metabolic processes in the body, and also helps a woman to quickly come to the desired shape. For normal growth and development of the baby, a nursing mother should eat only high-quality and safe products that will not cause an allergic reaction and swelling of a small tummy. Nutritional cereals are an integral component of the diet of a nursing woman.
Proper nutrition during lactation
Experts recommend to distribute the daily diet for 5-6 receptions. A lactating woman should eat at least half an hour before feeding her baby. Of course, no mommy will agree all this time to eat exclusively lean food and raw vegetables. And the situation does not require this: during the period of breastfeeding, the menu of a woman should be varied, but not to the detriment of the infant.
A variety of cereals are useful for the body of a nursing woman. Vegetable fibers contained in them have a beneficial effect on the digestive system.
What is useful corn porridge?
Many new mommies are concerned about the question whether it is possible to eat corn porridge while breastfeeding? Not just possible, but extremely necessary, because this is exactly the grain, which contains in its composition a huge amount of nutrients and elements.
Corn porridge should take a separate position in the diet of the nursing mother, as it is a real storehouse of nutrients. To understand how good corn porridge is, you should pay attention to its obvious advantages:
- Corn is rich in fiber,
- Plant culture contains more than 20 minerals,
- Promotes cleansing of the body, effectively removes toxins and toxins,
- Promotes immunity,
- Is a product that does not cause allergic reactions,
- Favorably affects the cardiovascular system,
- Corn is not a high-calorie product, so newly-made moms can not worry about their figure.
Nevertheless, eating only one corn is not worth it. With extreme caution, it should be used by women who often suffer from constipation. This also applies to the child. If the baby can not go to the toilet from time to time, the nursing mother should limit the use of this culture.
How often can you eat?
Even a completely healthy woman during lactation is recommended to use corn porridge no more than twice a week. For disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, this product is recommended to be eaten with extreme caution.
Do not forget about the peculiar rule of "traffic light" (recommendations on nutrition during breastfeeding): all products of yellow color should be used carefully, carefully watching for the slightest changes.
Today, corn porridge is far from the only product obtained in the process of processing this crop. Some recommendations will help to avoid even the most minor problems and build a proper diet during lactation:
- It is necessary to cook the corn correctly. During the first few months, you should limit the use of fried: for babies it is heavy food.
- Corn sticks or flakes are a great way to treat yourself to something sweet, but you should not abuse it.
- During lactation, it is not recommended to eat fresh corn (this can cause swelling of the small tummy and colic in a baby),
- Corn products should be introduced into the diet only after three months of breastfeeding,
- Canned corn has no place in the diet of a nursing mother,
- Do not forget about such a product as popcorn: it is low-calorie and nutritious, safe for the health of a nursing woman and her baby.
Mom should watch her diet. Kashi form the basis of nutrition for pregnant and lactating women, but do not abuse the same product. Today, there is a huge amount of a wide variety of cereals, which can be not only healthy, but also very tasty.
Do you like porridge baby?
Rare mommy is able to feed the baby for a whole year with breast milk, and there is no urgent need for it. The diet of the baby in the same way as the nutrition of a nursing mother, should be varied. For this reason, a quite logical question arises: “Is it possible to make corn porridge for children under one year old?”
Nevertheless, it is worth noting one characteristic feature: the corn porridge contains gluten - a substance that can provoke an allergic reaction.
You should not give such porridge little baby. If the child is 1 year old, then the use of this product should not be systematic. Ideally, acquaintance with corn porridge should take place no earlier than 8-9 months.
Cereal cereals are very useful and nutritious. They should be present in the diet of a nursing woman and a small child. That's just to use them with extreme caution.
Benefits of corn porridge for nursing mothers
When a mother feeds her baby with breast milk, she should carefully monitor her own diet. The nutrition of the woman during lactation is made up in such a way that all the lost trace elements, vitamins and minerals are replenished. Therefore, the diet includes rich in composition of dishes, which include corn porridge. She provides mom with the following components:
- vitamin E (a powerful antioxidant that prevents oxidation in the body, has a beneficial effect on the skin and hair),
- B vitamins (B1 and B5) improve the nervous system, especially in the presence of signs of postpartum depression,
- vitamin A (improves eyesight, has a beneficial effect on the body’s immune defenses),
- nicotinamide (improves general metabolic processes in mom and baby),
- silicon (improvement of the gastrointestinal tract),
- phosphorus (responsible for mineral metabolism),
- fiber (body cleansing, bowel stimulation).
The dish is so useful that it is introduced as a first feeding of the child on artificial or natural feeding. When breastfeeding, corn porridge improves the cardiovascular, nervous, digestive and immune systems. In addition, the product is hypoallergenic, so it does not pose a danger to the baby.
Features of use
The introduction of corn porridge in the diet is carried out according to the general rules of the use of a new product. A small amount of the dish is eaten in the morning after breastfeeding.and then within a day any changes in the condition of the small child are noted. The product is left in the diet if no changes were found.
Basic rules for the use of this dish:
- there is one contraindication to the use of the product - gluten intolerance in infants,
- the dish can be eaten no more than 2 times a week, as it causes heaviness in the stomach and is rather caloric,
- porridge is introduced into the diet 10 days after the baby is born, but in the first months it should not be fried and contain a large amount of oil,
- in the presence of constipation in mom or baby, the use of a dish is temporarily suspended,
- the preparation of corn on milk is not recommended for the first 9-10 months after birth, as it has a bad effect on the baby,
- Carefully include in the diet this dish should women with digestive system problems, especially in the presence of peptic ulcer.
The answer to the question of whether a nursing mother can eat corn porridge will definitely be positive. With the observance of general precautions, the use of such a dish will bring only benefit, as a woman and her baby.
How to cook porridge?
To prepare the dishes will need:
- corn grits (1 cup),
- water (3 cups),
- butter (small piece),
- a pinch of salt.
First, the croup is thoroughly washed with water. At the same time, water is put on the stove, which is salted and brought to a boil. Grits are added to boiling water, and then cooked for 20-30 minutes. After half an hour, oil is added, and corn porridge is brought to full readiness. The use of milk instead of water is allowed after the child is 9 months old and the mother is satisfied that there is no allergy to the product. Groats for meals can be purchased in supermarkets already in finished form. Some parents grind it themselves in a coffee grinder to a uniform consistency.
Found a bug? Select it and press Ctrl + Enter
Buckwheat porridge and rice
Buckwheat porridge can be safely called the record for the content of B vitamins, magnesium and iron. The amount of iron in it is 6-7 times its content in rice porridge or in the same semolina. Also in its composition is present zinc, copper and a sufficiently large amount of fiber. Cellulose makes buckwheat an especially valuable product when breastfeeding, since its presence:
- contributes to the normal functioning of the organs of the gastrointestinal tract,
- stimulates intestinal motility,
- increases stool, while reducing its density, thereby reducing the likelihood of constipation,
- has a positive effect on the increase in beneficial microflora in the intestine,
- frees the body from harmful substances as a sorbent.
In addition, the presence of dietary fiber in the composition allows buckwheat to ensure the timely appearance of a feeling of fullness, which eliminates overeating and subsequent obesity.
Corn porridge boasts a content of starch, iron and vitamins of groups B, E, A, PP, but calcium and phosphorus in it are not enough. Its important advantage over others is that it inhibits the fermentation processes in the intestines, thus reducing bloating and colic. In addition, it does not contain gluten, that is, when breastfeeding mom can include it in the diet in the first months after birth. Among other useful properties that are important for mothers breastfeeding, should be noted:
- normalization of the functioning of the digestive system,
- warning of constipation,
- removal of toxins and radionuclides from a woman’s body,
- restoration of good condition of skin, hair, nails, which could suffer during pregnancy.
Contrary to all the useful qualities it is better not to get involved in corn porridge too - eating it is enough no more than two times a week. Also, nursing mothers whose children are prone to diarrhea should often not eat food made from corn (we recommend you read: Is corn bad for breastfeeding?).
Semolina is obtained from wheat grains, peeled from the upper layers - bran. In addition to it, wheat and flour are produced from wheat. Their main difference is the degree of grinding. For example, wheat cereal milling is the roughest, and flour is the smallest.
The peculiarities of such a dish as manna include high calorie and easy digestibility, but semolina is inferior to buckwheat and oatmeal in terms of the content of mineral substances. In terms of the number of plant fibers, it also loses, but it is precisely this disadvantage that often turns into dignity. Porridge is indispensable in the menu of those who had to perform an operation on the abdominal organs. Particularly relevant such a diet in the postoperative period.
Breastfeeding semolina should be limited - it contains a significant amount of gluten, which makes it a highly allergenic product. Another disadvantage is the presence of chitin in the composition of the baby, which interferes with the normal assimilation of such substances as calcium, iron and vitamin D in the infant's body. In turn, their lack may cause malfunction of the gastrointestinal tract or even lead to the development of rickets. If semolina porridge is dominant in the diet, because of its caloric value, it can cause weight gain, as well as colic and gas formation in an infant during the first month of life.
Other cereals in the nursing mom's menu
In a sufficiently large amount of vegetable protein found in oatmeal. Plus, it boasts the presence of vitamins B1 and B2, which are so necessary for the stable operation of the human nervous system. Particularly useful dishes from oatmeal to the growing body of the child, because due to the fact that oatmeal is a record holder in the amount of calcium and phosphorus, it contributes to the formation of bones and teeth. In addition, it is rich in magnesium and iron, it contains the largest amount of useful vegetable fats and fiber.
What is the value millet for nursing mom and her baby:
- obtained from millet, it is rich in proteins, fiber and vitamins from group B,
- considered dietary, easily digestible and non-allergenic,
- helps to effectively deal with constipation,
- Silicon and manganese in the composition make it a great helper in the good growth of the baby, strengthening its bone tissue and stable metabolism.
Despite all advantages, as with other cereals, it is necessary to observe moderation with millet. His input must begin with small portions, so as not to harm the baby.
Close to millet content of nutrients are pearl barley and barley grits. Both are made from crushed barley. Barley is a whole grain that has been cleaned and ground. Unlike pearl barley, barley polishing is not exposed, and therefore the content of fiber in it remains higher.
Millet porridge with prunes (dried apricots)
400 grams of cereals, 0.5 l. water, 200 g prunes and / or dried apricots, 40 g butter, salt to taste.
To sort the croup, rinse with warm water. Rinse prunes thoroughly, add water and boil for 1-2 minutes. The resulting broth is drained and add water to it, pour in the cereal and boil the viscous porridge. When serving, put prunes in the dish (at this stage, you can add dried apricots) and pour the oil.
Barley porridge, crumbly
1.5 cups of fine barley grits (or 1 cup of barley), 3 cups of water, 1-2 tbsp. spoons of vegetable oil, salt, butter.
Wash the croup and strain it, pour it into boiling salted water, add vegetable oil, stir and cook over low heat. When water is absorbed, mix and put in a moderately heated oven (140 degrees) for 45 minutes. Serve with melted butter.
Buckwheat porridge, baked with cottage cheese
100 g buckwheat, 25 g butter, 75 g cottage cheese, 3 eggs (yolk), 30 g sour cream, salt, parsley.
Cook from roasted buckwheat crumbly porridge. Half put it on the speed, oiled, and smooth, Then put a layer of cottage cheese, pounded with yolk, and the remaining porridge. Smooth the surface with a knife and pour a mixture of sour cream with yolks. Bake in the oven. When serving, sprinkle with chopped greens.
Crunchy Muesli Blend
For 13 servings 100 g each: 250 g of oat flakes, 125 g of unrefined sesame seeds, 300 g of almonds, 125 g of peeled seeds, 250 g of raisins, 250 g of honey, 1 tbsp. sunflower oil.
Coarsely chop the almonds, sesame seeds pierced on the skirt without oil, cool. Mix nuts, sesame, oatmeal, seeds and honey (we recommend reading: can you eat seeds for nursing mothers and which ones?). Add oil and 100 ml to the resulting mass. water. Spread out on a baking sheet. Bake muesli at 160 degrees for about 1.5 hours in a gas oven, or 1 hour in an electric oven, stirring occasionally. Sue the finished product, add raisins. This mixture can be stored for several weeks.
Eat muesli with milk, ryazhenka or yogurt. Before use, you can add banana slices
The main nuances of eating cereals when breastfeeding
Cereals are a very useful and nutritious product, so they should certainly be present in the diet of a nursing mother. The ideal rate for a single serving of cereals is 40 grams. You can eat them at any convenient time at will, however, an important nuance is to use fresh, not warmed. It is worth cooking small portions at once, just before the meal.
It is better to give preference to those porridges that have been cooked in plain water, and not in cow's milk. This is explained by the fact that many babies often have an allergic reaction to cow's milk protein. It is also worth remembering that modern instant cereals contain flavor enhancers and preservatives, therefore they are more dangerous than their simple counterparts.
There are a number of features of the use of certain crops, depending on the reaction and the state of the child on HB:
- for constipation in infants, it is recommended to exclude rice from mom's diet,
- for colic and gas formation, you need to delete the barley from the menu,
- если у ребенка наблюдается непереносимость растительного белка глютена, то употребление овса, манной, пшенной и ячневой каш нежелательно (подробнее в статье: готовим пшенную кашу для ребенка).
Еще один вкусный и бесспорно полезный продукт – muesli, a mixture of flattened grains of cereals, in which pieces of fruit, berries, nuts, honey, or cocoa are added. Mothers who breastfeed should not choose cereals that add sugar, citric acid, artificial colors or preservatives.
Cornmeal porridge is a real source of vitamins and nutrients.
- It contains vitamin A, which strengthens the immune system, almost the entire range of B vitamins, riboflavin and thiamine, beta carotene, as well as folic and pantothenic acid.
- Vitamin E improves skin elasticity, strengthens nails and hair follicles, improves their structure, which is very important for women who are breastfed.
- Selenium contained in porridge regulates the oxidative processes in the body, slowing down its aging.
- Fiber improves intestinal function and helps the body excrete toxic substances and radionuclides.
- Phosphorus is very important for the proper functioning of the brain and nervous system.
- Silicon improves gastrointestinal function.
- Corn grits contain iron, calcium, potassium, copper, and sulfur.
- Low calorie content and the ability to cleanse the body make this product indispensable for those nursing women who want to get rid of extra pounds. At the same time, there is no risk of not receiving the right amount of vitamins and trace elements, as is often the case during a diet for weight loss.
- Corn grits helps reduce blood cholesterol and strengthens the heart muscle. Eliminating the "plaques" in the vessels, it increases their permeability and elasticity, which contributes to the normalization of blood pressure.
The uniqueness of corn porridge is that even after heat treatment, it does not lose its beneficial properties. This is a very nutritious product that is easily absorbed by the body and is incredibly useful for mom during breastfeeding. The unique taste of this cereal makes it a favorite delicacy of gourmets.
Compatible with lactation
A morning portion of corn porridge for the whole day will provide the nursing mother with a wonderful mood and charge of strength. Vitamins and trace elements contained in corn grits will enter the body of a newborn baby, stimulating its growth and development.
According to the rule of the traffic light, porridge refers to the products that should be consumed by the mother during breastfeeding with caution. However, despite the yellow color of this product does not cause allergic reactions, so it is often recommended for both baby food and for the elderly.
Only if a child has an intolerance to gluten, which is contained in significant amounts in corn grits, it is undesirable for a nursing mother to use this product.
It should be noted that gluten is not only corn, but also barley, barley, wheat, oatmeal and rye cereals. If the baby reacts normally to gluten, then the mother can safely use all the listed products.
It is undesirable to use porridge from corn grits for lactating mothers who have diseases of the digestive system, so as not to worsen the condition.
Nutritionists recommend breastfeeding women to eat corn porridge two to three times a week. This will be enough to provide the body with the necessary vitamins and microelements, as well as to increase immunity and tone.
How best to cook
Specialists in breastfeeding focus the attention of the nursing mother on the fact that it is undesirable to boil corn porridge on cow's milk, especially in the first times. It is in itself an allergenic product, therefore, in order to check the reaction of the baby specifically to corn grits, it is better to boil it in water.
To prepare the dishes you will need:
- 1 tbsp. cereals,
- 3 tbsp. water,
- 50 gr. oils (better than cream, but you can and vegetable),
- some salt or sugar.
Pre-washed grits should be poured into boiling water. Those who love sweet dishes more can be sugared the water beforehand; those who like classic side dishes can add a pinch of salt to the water. After boiling the grits, it should be cooked over low heat for another 10–20 minutes. At the end of cooking oil is added.
Instead of sugar, sweet dried fruits, berries and fruits can be added to porridge.
If a nursing mother is sure that the baby is not allergic to cow's milk, then you can cook cereal on it, then the dish will be much tastier.
Corn porridge is a very tasty and healthy product for a nursing mother, containing an incredible amount of nutrients that the female body needs during lactation. Making sure that the child does not have a negative reaction to this product, and in the absence of contraindications from the digestive system, the mother can safely eat this dish and enjoy its taste.
What cereals are recommended for breastfeeding
1. Buckwheat - quite an important product in the menu of a young mother. It is useful in the development of anemia, contains a lot of iron and increases lactation in a nursing mother. Also, buckwheat is quickly absorbed by the body, while improving the structure of hair, teeth and skin condition. Nutritionists do not recommend combining buckwheat porridge with cow's milk, since these ingredients are not very compatible with each other. In this connection, the body is very hard to digest buckwheat porridge cooked in milk.
2. Oatmeal helps to cleanse the body of a woman, helps to remove toxins and toxins, strengthens the new mother’s immune system. Experts do not recommend eating oatmeal to people with an allergic reaction to gluten, heart and kidney failure. Oatmeal porridge is recommended to eat young mothers during lactation. It contains many useful minerals and vitamins. Also, the croup is not harmful to the health of infants and does not cause allergic reactions.
3. Millet porridge (wheat) can help with problems with the work of the heart. It improves bleeding, boosts the immune system and has a positive effect on memory. Wheat porridge does not cause allergic reactions and is well absorbed by the body. However, do not overdo it with its use, when there are problems with the stomach and with a chair in a woman.
4. Rice porridge helps during diarrhea, has a beneficial effect on bad mood, helps with extreme fatigue. Also, porridge helps to restore slenderness, as it contains fiber, cleansing the body of a woman. However, the use of rice cereal can also cause constipation in the newly-made mother and her newborn baby. Due to the fact that porridge is very strong, it is better not to abuse its consumption. And for constipation in a baby, it is necessary to eat rice porridge as rarely as possible.
5. Corn porridge recommended for constipation. Croup can help to work the stomach, remove toxins from the body, improve the hair and skin of the young mother. However, corn grits should not be consumed more than twice a week, especially if there are problems with the baby’s stomach. In addition, the yellow color of cereals can cause an allergic reaction in infants.
6. Semolina It is also permitted for consumption by nursing mothers. However, croup contains a lot of gluten and phytin, so it should be eaten with caution. These substances can provoke an allergy in a newborn baby. And also cause poor absorption of minerals. essential for the growth of the baby: magnesium and calcium. In addition, semolina - quite high-calorie cereals, so it does not contribute to weight loss. However, semolina porridge contributes to the work of the digestive tract and makes bones strong. Experts recommend administering porridge after five or six months of lactation, and also use semolina no more than once a week.
7. Barley porridge can help fight allergies and overweight. Well nourishes the body and at the same time fairly freely absorbed. However, do not abuse porridge with heart disease, problems with the stomach and intestines. Also, porridge barley improves immunity and helps to fight stress. Krupa does not cause a negative reaction in the body of a nursing mother, so it is recommended to eat it about three times a week.
8. Barley porridge It is not prohibited when breastfeeding, but newly mothers should introduce it into their diet very carefully. It is best to try to add barley in the menu after the baby is one month old. Doctors note that pearl barley causes colic and abdominal distention in about half of newborns.
9. Linen porridge beneficial effect on the body of a nursing mother. It contains many beneficial trace elements and a vitamin for a healthy mom's diet, development and growth of a newborn baby.
How to cook porridge
Despite the huge number of tasty and healthy cereals for nursing mothers, not all young mothers know how to cook meals based on these cereals. Breastfeeding cereal recipes will help make the daily menu of pregnant women balanced and varied. How to cook nutritious and healthy cereals for a young mother?
In the first months of a baby’s life, a nursing mother is better to eat porridges boiled in water or with the addition of whole milk - half and half. However, dairy products are also considered beneficial to the body of a young nursing mother, including milk porridge. Therefore, porridge in milk is introduced into the ration of the woman in labor gradually in small quantities. And with good tolerance by the body of the child, you can indulge yourself with delicious cereals with a low milk content and a small amount of butter.
You can cook delicious porridge on the water and oatmeal. Oatmeal should be washed and then cook on low heat until boiling. After that, make the fire less, collect the resulting foam and boil for about 5 minutes to full readiness.
Barley grits are also considered the most harmless porridge for young mothers on natural feeding. However, barley groats require more time for cooking than buckwheat or oatmeal. Cook porridge for thirty minutes on low heat. If you pre-soak the porridge, then it will cook much faster, and it will turn out crumbly and fluffy.
Rice porridge is also very useful in the diet of mother and baby. You can also cook pilaf from it, add it to salads, soups and puddings for dessert. But do not overeat much rice porridge, as the croup is hard enough to digest the body and can cause constipation in a child.
Almost all cereals combine well with fruits, dried fruits and vegetables. You can also spice porridge in small proportions with butter or vegetable oil. You can vary the taste of porridge by adding a banana, apple, pear, prune, dried apricots, and from vegetables - pumpkin or zucchini. If these ingredients do not cry for a child's allergies, then you can eat them without fear.
Tasty recipes porridges for nursing mothers
1. Millet porridge with pumpkin. Pumpkin porridge is cooked very simply. To prepare the dish you will need 1 cup of millet, 0.5 kg. peeled pumpkin, 1.5 cups of milk, 1.5 cups of water, butter, a pinch of salt and sugar. Millet porridge washed several times with warm water and then hot to get rid of bitterness. Pumpkin should be peeled, seeds and cut into medium cubes. Pumpkin sticks dipped in hot milk, combined with water in half. Then add salt to the pan and bring to a boil. The washed millet is poured into the water. Porridge is cooked on low heat for thirty or forty minutes. When the porridge thickens, it is necessary to cover it and put it in the oven for evaporation. Container with porridge can be tightly wrapped in paper and cover with a lid. Serve with a small amount of butter.
2. Rice porridge with banana and prunes. Rice porridge is cooked in water or milk. For the preparation of the recipe will need 1 cup of rice and 4 glasses of water. You can also combine whole milk with water in half - at the rate of 2 cups of water and 2 cups of milk. To give fruit porridge taste you can take 1 banana and 2-3 prunes. Salt and sugar can add quite a bit. Rice grains should be well rinsed under running water, then boil the rice for five or eight minutes in a saucepan with water. Next, you need to pour in a separate pan the milk mixed with water, add salt and heat. Rice should be knocked over a colander, pour with milk and cook on low heat for 15 minutes. After that, send the porridge for another 15 minutes to evaporate into a water bath. Add fresh banana and prunes to porridge, cut them into pieces.
3. Recipe for millet porridge. Millet porridge is cooked very simply, but does not lose its useful properties from this. The housewives will need 1 cup of millet cereal, 2 glasses of water and 2 glasses of milk, butter, salt and sugar to taste in small proportions to prepare the dish. Millet should be peeled and rinsed well under water. After that, pour porridge with hot water for 15 minutes. Then the water is drained and again washed with grits under water to finally remove the bitterness of porridge. Next, about millet need to fill with water and milk, you can add a pinch of salt and sugar. It should be remembered that sugar and salt are generally better not to be eaten during feeding in large quantities. Bring the porridge to a boil and set on low heat, covering the top with a lid.
Cook the porridge until cooked until the liquid in the pan evaporates. Boiled porridge is thick and tasty, but to make it even more fragrant, you can add a little butter.
4. Hercules porridge with dried apricots. Hercules porridge will be tender and tasty if you cook it according to a proven recipe. If desired, you can add apples, dried apricots or prunes to the oatmeal. To prepare the dish, you should take 200 ml. water and 50 ml. milk, half a cup of oatmeal flakes (1/2 cup), 100 g of dried apricots, sugar and salt can be added in a small amount to taste. Porridge will be most useful and retain more vitamins, if properly cooked. Hercules flakes should be washed in warm water. In a saucepan, dilute the water with milk. Nursing mothers should follow the rule that during cooking porridge water in a dish contains more than milk. This will protect the body of the baby from the development of an allergic reaction to cow's milk. After that, oatmeal is poured into a saucepan and stirred.
Cook porridge over low heat, add a pinch of salt and sugar. Oatmeal languishes on the stove for about seven minutes, after which chopped dried apricots are added to it. Dried apricots should be pre-washed in warm water and cut into slices. After that, you can hold the dish on the fire for another two minutes and remove from the stove.
Is it possible to feed the millet porridge?
Immediately it should be noted that there is no simple answer to this question. It all depends on the individual tolerance of the product.
Millet is one of the least allergenic croup, easily digested and has a lot of valuable properties. Due to this, it has practically no contraindications. However, millet porridge lactating and pregnant should be consumed in moderate doses.
Before cooking, rinse the grits several times in cold water (until the water is clear).
After that, the millet should be washed with hot water. Cook the cereal until half cooked and drain the water. Until fully cooked, the cereal is already boiled in milk (provided that you are well tolerated in dairy products). Add salt and sugar to taste.
In case of intolerance of dairy products, porridge is boiled on water. To taste the finished porridge, you can add natural juice or jam.
No wonder the rumor about the usefulness of oatmeal. A large amount of vitamins, proteins and vegetable fats put it in second place in nutritional value.
In addition, oatmeal has a number of useful properties:
- Promotes the strengthening of the immune system,
- It improves metabolism, facilitates digestion, cleans the intestines,
- Promotes the nervous system, improves mood and helps in the fight against stress.
However, for all the usefulness of cereals should not abuse them. You, as a nursing mother, should use the main principle in the preparation of your diet: "Do no harm."
And according to this, here are the main criteria for you:
- Individual tolerance of the product,
- Strict dosage,
- Putting new products into the diet in the morning.
And remember the main thing: a change in your psychophysical state is reflected in your baby.