Lactation is a physiological process of making breast milk by the mammary glands, which is manifested in a woman after the birth of a child. Throughout the pregnancy, the baby was inextricably linked with the mother, and it was breastfeeding that continued to maintain this connection. Breast milk is the ideal food for an infant, which is superior in composition to all baby food. It provides the child with nutrients, vitamins, microelements, enzymes, necessary regulating substances (hormones, growth factors, etc.). Also, breast milk provides immune protection to the child after birth, while his immune system still cannot fully perform this function. The unique ingredients of breast milk determine the usefulness of the development and maturation of almost all systems of the children's body. Breastfeeding helps to reduce the overall incidence of children, reduces the risk of malignant tumors, allergic reactions.
Milk begins to arrive from 3-4 days after birth, its quantity gradually increases in accordance with the needs of the child. But there are situations when the baby lacks milk. This is due to a decrease in the secretory ability of the mammary glands, which was called the "hypogalactia". According to the World Health Organization, only 1% of women are really unable to breastfeed their children. However, statistics suggests something else. More than 10% of women do not breastfeed since birth, and by 6 months of breastfeeding, less than a third of all children remain.
Causes and types of hypogalactia
Hypogalactia is primary and secondary. Primary - is rare, develops immediately after childbirth and is caused by a violation of neurohumoral stimulation of lactation. It occurs when the mammary glands are underdeveloped, after postponed mastitis, in the presence of a woman's endocrine system diseases. Secondary hypogalactia appears much later, early - at 2-3 weeks of the child's life, later - at 2-3 months. Consider the main causes of this condition.
- Lack of motivation for breastfeeding a woman.
- Rare attachment of the baby to the chest.
- Improper, inadequate nursing food.
- Chronic lack of sleep.
- Physical or psychological fatigue.
- Wrong technique and feeding mode.
- Improper care of the mammary glands (cracks, erosion, mastitis).
- The presence of any disease in the mother.
- Age of the woman (young or old).
- Unfavorable socio-economic situation.
Many lactating women may develop lactation crises, when there is not enough milk for the child and the woman may feel a decrease in his “high tide” or “empty” breast. This is due to the physiological postnatal hormonal changes in the body. Typically, such crises occur during the first three months, perhaps even more than once. But this condition does not last long (3-4 days) and with frequent attachment of the baby to the breast, lactation is quickly restored.
It should also be borne in mind that at 3, 7 and 12 months of a child’s life, there are often “hunger crises” caused by an increase in its need for milk.
Symptoms of hypogalactia
- Anxiety baby.
- Bad sleep.
- Decreased daily urine volume (symptom of “dry diaper”).
- Hungry stools (scanty, tight).
- Reducing the daily amount of breast milk.
- Weak weight gain (less than 25 grams per day and less than 500 grams per month).
- Pallor and dry skin.
To confirm the diagnosis helps the doctor control weighing, which is carried out before and after feeding during the day. It is necessary to estimate how much a child has gained in the last month, its growth rate and general condition.
Prevention of hypogalactia
- Early attachment of the newborn to the breast.
- Preparation of the mammary glands for feeding (massage for the last 3 months of pregnancy).
- Proper feeding technique.
- Frequent attachment of the baby to the chest.
- Free feeding mode.
- Promoting night feeding (increases production of prolactin).
- Rational feeding lactating.
- Adequate drinking regime.
- Stay in the fresh air at least 2 hours a day.
- Daily morning gymnastics.
- Compliance with general hygiene measures during breastfeeding.
- Favorable family environment.
Below we will focus on the features of feeding and caring for the mammary glands, since ignorance of these simple rules can also help to reduce lactation.
- Before feeding, it is recommended to wash the breasts with boiled water and decant the first few drops of milk.
- The child should hold the lips of the nipple and areola.
- The mother should focus on feeding, as this is the moment of the closest contact with the baby.
- It is not recommended to change diapers and disguise the baby during feeding.
- The duration of feeding is determined individually (some children need 10 minutes, and others need 20-30 minutes).
- After feeding, it is advisable to hold the child in an upright position.
- If a woman does not have enough milk, then when emptying one breast, it is necessary to continue feeding with the second breast.
- It is not recommended to use artificial sedatives (pacifiers).
- It is forbidden to give newborns other types of food and drink, except for breast milk.
- Avoid washing the mammary glands especially with soap (natural lubricant is removed).
- Nipples should always be dry.
- After feeding, it is recommended to leave a couple of drops of milk on the breast so that they dry.
- It is not advisable to use creams, ointments without the need.
- Breast massage before and after feeding.
Exposure to physical factors is widely used to treat hypogalactia. It is used to activate lactation, improve the trophism of the mammary glands, and normalize the psycho-emotional state of a woman.
The main methods of physiotherapy used for the correction of hypogalactia:
- transcerebral UHF-therapy (stimulates the production of prolactin by the pituitary),
- mesodiencephalic modulation (affects the pituitary and hypothalamus, increases the secretion of prolactin),
- UFO (has a tonic effect, enhances immunity),
- local darsonvalization of the mammary glands (stimulates the production of biologically active substances, improves microcirculation, metabolism, enhances lactogenic function),
- electrostatic and vibration massage of the mammary glands (increases blood circulation, trophic breast, increases their ability to secrete milk),
- local exposure to ultrasound (improves microcirculation, tissue nutrition, metabolic processes),
- acupuncture (stimulates the production of breast milk),
- warm shower with rubbing with a terry towel shoulders, back (tones, improves blood circulation),
- electromonotherapy (improves mood, normalizes sleep, reduces overall excitability, increases the activity of the pituitary gland),
- general galvanization (reduces the excitability of the brain).
Hypogalactia is a condition that in most cases is amenable to correction. If a woman feels that breast milk is not enough, then you should not rush to the additional feeding and transfer to a mixture. You need to contact a specialist and try to establish lactation, since no artificial mixture will not replace the mother's milk for the child. To do this, be patient and follow all medical recommendations. Usually within 1-2 weeks the amount of breast milk begins to increase and normal lactation is restored. If the child is transferred to additional feeding with mixtures, then it should be borne in mind that the child should be fed from a spoon and after breastfeeding.
Pediatrician A. Surovtseva talks about how to cope with hypogalactia:
Lactation and Nursing Mothers Menu
First of all, you need to pay attention to the diet of foods and lifestyle of a nursing mother.
The menu for the day must include:
Meat (poultry, fish), Milk or dairy products (1 liter), Cottage cheese (100 grams), Cheese (30 grams), Vegetables (500 grams), Fruits (300 grams), Butter (20 grams), Vegetable oil ( 25 grams).
Should be avoided:
Large amounts of carbohydrate-rich foods (sugar, bread, pastries), Any alcoholic beverages, Allergenic products: chocolate, coffee, nuts, caviar, citrus, Spicy spices and additives (onions, garlic, pepper).
We also read: What foods will help enhance lactation? | How to improve lactation: 20 of the most necessary products, and in more detail about what you can eat and what to eat is not recommended for HB
"I have little milk"
This statement can be heard from many moms. And without doubt, it is one of the most common experiences of women during the breastfeeding period. But often these are only mother's conjectures that have no justification. Therefore, before highlighting the folk remedies with the help of which you can increase lactation, consider the signs by which it is easy to recognize whether there is really a problem with a shortage of milk:
- The reason for concern may be insufficient weight gain. But this reason is also relative: each baby is individual and can hardly gain weight in one week, but in the following days it can gain more than that, and such unevenness will be absolutely normal. Consider the condition of the baby: if he is unwell or does not feel well, it is logical that he will not gain weight too quickly. Therefore, the best option for the indicator of weight gain will be an increase per month.
- If you notice a decrease in the daily volume of breast milk, this is likely to indicate a lack of lactation.
- Restlessness of the baby can be the cause of many phenomena. It is also a signal of the child that he was not enough mother's milk, and he does not eat enough.
- A healthy child who receives enough food in the form of breast milk during the first months of life urinates at least 6 times a day, and his urine is either pale yellow or colorless. If this is not the case, think: is there enough milk for your child?
All these reasons together should encourage you to think about whether there is a place to be hypogalactia and, if available, to look for ways to increase the production of breast milk.
Causes of the problem
When mom is convinced that lactation is reduced, and feeding becomes inferior, she is always worried about the causes of this unpleasant phenomenon: what did she do wrong? But the woman is not always involved in the situation: sometimes hypogalactia provoke external factors. Among the possible causes of doctors are the following:
- The quality and quantity of breast milk directly affects the quality and quantity of breast milk. A woman must necessarily consume the full range of vitamins and nutrients, otherwise the amount of milk will be reduced.
- Stress and lack of sleep are frequent companions of the mother during the first months of her child's life. Many women perceive them as completely natural processes peculiar to all mothers. And yet - this is a huge harm to the body, which reacts with hypogalactia.
- Mom's milk factory operates according to a simple law: the higher the demand, the higher the supply. This means that the more often the baby sucks the breast, the more milk is produced in it. If you combine breastfeeding with artificial feeding, or avoid feeding at night, you will most likely encounter less milk.
- Open eyes to the cause can sometimes only endocrinologist. There are diseases of the thyroid gland, which are accompanied by insufficient production of breast milk.
- Even some drugs are capable of provoking the phenomenon. Among the perpetrators may be diuretics, androgens and gestagens.
- After some time, you and your baby should develop a feeding regimen. The rules may be dictated by a child who will ask to eat at a certain frequency. And sometimes the main thing in this matter is entrusted to be the mother, who decides to feed the baby "by the clock." But if the regime goes astray, the lactation process may be disturbed.
You can get rid of most health problems by carefully reviewing your diet. And if you came to this page in search of methods for how to quickly increase breast milk lactation with folk remedies, we advise you to start with the menu. Often, these measures to get rid of the problem are limited.
- The most important criterion for the proper diet of a nursing mother is enough liquid. To improve lactation, you need to drink at least 2 liters of water or herbal tea daily.
- The leaders in the list of products that increase the amount of milk, deservedly be milk and dairy food. Their daily rate is 1 liter.
- Separately, in the “dairy kitchen” we want to mention cottage cheese. Eat 150 g per day.
- You should definitely include 200 grams of lean meat in the daily menu. The task under the code name “increase lactation” is perfectly handled by weak meat broths or soups.
- Mom's love for hard cheeses also influences the quality of lactation. The daily rate of the product is only 30 g.
- It is known that any good nutrition necessarily includes a sufficient amount of fresh vegetables and fruits. Mother's diet, of course, will not be an exception: take care of 300 grams of fruit and 500 grams of vegetables in your menu for the day.
- Do not forget about the oil: the amount of cream is 20 g per day, and vegetable - 25 g.
But all these adjustments in the diet will be useless if you use:
- products - strong allergens (in particular chocolate, nuts, citrus, caviar),
- high-carbohydrate-rich foods (such as bread, sugar, and pastries),
- hot spices.
Never forget that everything eaten by mom will certainly get into breast milk. So love the products from the first list, and exclude from your menu the “pests” from the second list.
If the diet did not help or you think that this is not enough, it makes sense to pay attention to folk remedies to improve lactation. We have listed the most popular and safest methods to help mom who has this problem.
- Increase lactation capable ordinary carrots. This miracle property of a vegetable is due to its ability to produce prolactin. So, for the preparation of an effective folk remedy, rub the orange root vegetable of medium size on a grater. Gruel diluted with a glass of milk or half a glass of cream. The resulting medication can be applied 3 times a day.
- Among the folk remedies to increase lactation you can always find cumin. It is used to make an effective drink. Just pour 1 tsp. plants a glass of boiling milk. Allow the agent to infuse for 2 hours and drink it 20 minutes before meals.
- Dill is also able to increase the amount of breast milk. To prepare the infusion is necessary to fill a glass of boiling water 1 tbsp. l crushed dill seeds. Infusion time in this recipe is also 2 hours. Dosage means half a glass, and you need to drink it twice a day.
- The infusion of fennel, popular in the people, is prepared in a similar way. In this recipe, you also need to pour a tablespoon of the plant with a glass of boiling water and let it brew for 2 hours. After this time, the infusion should be drained and take 2 tbsp. l before eating 3 times a day.
- The list of folk remedies for lactation would be incomplete if we did not tell you about the weekly course of treatment with chamomile flowers. The recipe is very simple: pour 1 tbsp. l plants 200 ml. sweet boiling water. Drink a glass of drink 3 times a day for a week.
- If the time to read our article fell on the summer season, you can use an excellent folk remedy - dandelion leaves - in order to increase lactation. Boil them with boiling water or send them in cold water for half an hour: this will save the plant from unwanted bitterness. Make a healthy salad out of dandelion leaves in combination with sour cream.
- To improve the production of breast milk can ordinary tea, and it does not matter, black or green drink you like. Only the condition of adding milk to tea and a small strength of a drink will be obligatory. Drink tea about half an hour before the feeding process.
Some more important recommendations
The problem with the deterioration of lactation today is not new and not at all rare. But this has its advantages: pediatricians have long developed several effective recommendations for mothers with reduced milk production:
- Massage mammary glands clockwise with light stroking movements before feeding.
- shower massage will also help activate and increase milk production: move from the nipple to the sides,
- Breastfeed on demand
- не делайте ночного перерыва: кормление именно в это время гарантирует полную и качественную выработку молока,
- спокойствие и счастье мамы — еще один залог здоровой лактации,
- во время кормления обеспечьте с малышом контакт «кожа к коже»,
- обратите внимание на специальную гимнастику для грудных желез.
Кормление по правилам и телесный контакт
Наталья Лисовская, мама 4-месячного Олега: “Even during pregnancy, I studied from cover to cover all the available literature on HB, so I watched my son immediately take the breast correctly. If milk becomes less, I often wear Olezhka on hands, I feed on demand and I do not refuse night feeding. ”
Comment . A clear organization of HBs, taking into account modern rules, is the key to a long and successful feeding.
To increase lactation:
- Feed your baby often, not on schedule, but on demand.. Sleep together and do not avoid nightly feedings. In response to requests crumbs milk will arrive more actively.
- Watch out for the right attachment.: the baby's chin touches the breast, the lower sponge is turned out, the mouth tightly covers most of the areola, except for a small part on top.
- Use skin-to-skin contact, talk quietly with the baby, look into his eyes while feeding.
- Choose a comfortable posture for feeding.
- During crises, give both breasts in one feeding, you can try to feed in a warm bath or under the sound of water - so the milk will be released faster.
- Do not solder with water for up to 6 months and do not feed mixtures.
- Cuddlewhen the breast is very tight or there is very little milk. In other cases, this will lead to an excess of milk, the baby will drink a lot of insufficiently nutritious front milk, not having time to get enough of a thicker and more saturated back.
- Medication if necessary, give a pipette or a spoondo not use nipples and pacifiers.
Natalia Igoshina, mother of 8-month-old Lisa: “The mother-in-law says that during lactation, you need to eat as much as possible, with very high-calorie food, otherwise the milk will be“ watery ”and Lisa will not eat. It's true?"
Comment . The amount of milk does not depend on the size or shape of the breast, nor on the amount of food eaten. What really matters is a full-fledged diet full of all the necessary substances.
What to eat:
- Squirrels - lean meat, fish, milk, kefir, cottage cheese, soft and hard non-sharp cheeses.
- Fat - vegetable and butter, nuts.
- Carbohydrates - cereals and fruits.
- Vegetables - A source of fiber and vitamins.
Fluid requires about 2 liters per day (including first courses). Drink non-carbonated water, juices, fruit drinks, teas, decoctions of herbs and dried fruits. Avoid spicy, fatty, spicy, allergenic foods and alcohol.
Oksana Onoprienko, mother of 4 months old, Danila : “When milk was not enough, I was very much rescued by special teas in granules - they are very easy to brew. I also ate several nuts every day and drank hot milk for 30 minutes before feeding.
Comment. In addition to the infusions and decoctions of milky plants (dill, cumin, anise, fennel, nettle, dandelion, lemon balm, oregano, dogrose), lactation is enhanced by:
- Walnuts brewed in milk (you can eat them raw).
- Salads with cream and carrots, as well as juice from it.
- Radish juice with the addition of honey.
- Sesame and flaxseeds.
- Brewer's yeast.
- Vitamin complexes, homeopathic preparations, dietary supplements with royal jelly and lactogonic herbs - only an expert should select them to eliminate allergies and other negative side effects.
You can not use teas with sage, mint or parsley - they inhibit lactation.
All folk remedies use with caution, watching the reaction of the baby.
Gymnastics and massage
Irina Kudrina, Nastia, one year old mother : “I have always been active, and 2 months after giving birth I already went to the fitness club to bring the figure in order. At the same time there were problems with lactation. Fortunately, the trainer, with whom I was engaged during pregnancy, advised special gymnastics and massage. I tried - the result is really there: milk is coming well. ”
Comment . Special exercises and massage not only increase the amount of milk produced, but also help to maintain the shape of the breast, increase skin tone and elasticity.
- Hands and join in front of the chest in the “prayer gesture” and alternately, for 2 counts, squeeze and relax the palms.
- Walk around the apartment on all fours with your head up. Exercise will be more effective if performed without a bra.
- Perform the Scissors exercise with straight arms. in front of him, gradually raising them after each crossing upwards on 10 accounts, then on the next 10 accounts return to the starting position and repeat.
With a massage of the neck area and upper back at home, your husband will be able to pamper you, but it is better to trust a specialist who must know that you are a nursing mother.
Olga Martynenko, mother of 3-year-old Yulia: "Milk for the daughter came very well after a warm shower or compresses."
Comment . Warm water does cause a rush of milk.
Other water procedures are also effective:
- Breast bath. Make it better at night, before bedtime. Pour hot water in a basin, put it higher so that your back does not get numb during the procedure. Immerse the chest in the water, stand for 15 minutes, adding hotter water from time to time. Then wipe dry, put on cotton underwear, and wrap a woolen scarf on top or immediately go to bed under a blanket.
- Massage in the shower. It is held with a stream of warm water after feeding the baby or expressing the milk. That chest, from which the baby ate, pour water around 45 degrees. Movement should be circular, from the center to the periphery, and directed from the top down.
- Cold and hot shower. Take twice a day, combining it with a light massage of the chest with streams of spray. Then substitute under the shower of the back between the shoulder blades.
- Compresses. Soak a piece of terry cloth in hot water and apply it to your chest until it cools. Can not be done with lactostasis or mastitis.
- Steaming feet when feeding. Dip your legs in a rather hot, but not burning, water and start feeding. Contraindicated for varicose veins or thrombophlebitis.
Observing the daily routine and adequate rest
Galina Akimova, mother of 4-month-old Cyril : “As soon as I feel that I am too tired and the milk is getting less, I put aside all the household chores and take time only for the child - we are walking and sleeping.”
Comment . A nursing mother needs good rest and adequate sleep - up to 9-10 hours a day. At night, to sleep uninterruptedly so much will not work, the day requires attention baby, husband and household duties.
- Walk in the open air as much as possible - and the baby will have a better rest, and the blood will be saturated with oxygen, and the “picture” in front of his eyes does not interfere.
- Sleep in the afternoon next to the crumbs - things will wait, and the rested mother will start her duties with renewed vigor.
- Ask the husband or grandmother of the baby to sit with him for a couple of hours. and take this time to a hairdresser, gym or just walk in the park. This will help to cope with psycho-emotional and physical fatigue.
Psychological comfort and support of others
Valeria Novikova, mother of 5-month-old Nikita : “I was lucky - both the grandmothers and the husband help a lot and support my desire to feed Nikita, so there are no special problems. But my friend has a different situation - the husband calls the “cow”, and the mother-in-law insists that she quickly transfer the baby to the mix and pay more attention to her husband, there is no talk about help at all. Of course, in such a nervous environment, the milk is getting smaller, it is just in despair.
Comment . Stress and psychological discomfort can suppress lactation. It is necessary to gently but confidently explain to your loved ones that you are determined to feed the child yourself and you definitely need their help. Let them read articles about the benefits of HB for your baby. Do not let negative utterances and attract them to care for the crumbs. Try to avoid stress and at least occasionally be distracted from household chores and devote time to your hobby. A comfortable atmosphere, harmony in relationships with loved ones, pleasant communication and positive emotions will improve lactation.
Anna Vetrova, mother of 2-year-old Artem : “My husband and I live far away from my parents, and I had no one to consult with us about HB. But I firmly knew that my milk was the best I could give to Artyomka. And I did it. ”
Comment . The most important is the clear confidence of the mother that breastmilk is necessary for crumbs for harmonious development, formation of immunity, prevention of allergies, and she is fully capable of fully providing the baby with nutrition.
Positive mood will certainly contribute to an increase in lactation, even during periods of its temporary decline, because physiology is inextricably linked with psychology.
Choose the methods of lactation improvement that are suitable for you from those proposed and let your “milky way” be long, wide and calm, like a deep plain river!
How to increase lactation folk remedies
How to increase the lactation of breast milk with the help of various folk remedies, many mothers learn from their mothers and grandmothers. There are several ways that can really help.
1. Increasing the amount of fluid you drink due to the use of vitamin drinks from various herbs. Cumin, fennel, anise, dill, nettle and some others contribute to the improvement of lactation. Here are some recipes that can be easily prepared.
For a drink made from cumin seeds (15 grams) you will need one liter of water, one lemon and one hundred grams of sugar. Seeds are poured with hot water, to which is added peeled and chopped lemon, sugar. All this is cooked on low heat for 5-10 minutes. Strain. Drink chilled 3 times a day.
Anise infusion is prepared without adding other products. Seeds poured boiling water for an hour. The resulting infusion is cooled. Should take 2 tablespoons 3-4 times a day. In the same way prepared infusion of dill seeds.
Tea with milk. It is better to drink before feeding, about half an hour.
Special teas for breastfeeding, which include fennel, cumin, lemon balm, anise, give double benefit for stimulating and increasing lactation. (See teas when breastfeeding and special teas for lactation)
2. Increase the frequency of feeding and breast attachment. Feed the baby should be on demand, without taking a break at night. Feeding a child at night is a guarantee of long-term and high-quality lactation for the entire period of feeding. It is better to abandon strict feeding by the hour.
We read articles about the benefits of breastfeeding at night and on demand:
3. Breast massage. After feeding, try in the shower to massage the breast from which they were fed. Massage should be done for 5-10 minutes under a stream of warm water. Direction: in circular motions from the nipple to the periphery.
Preparations for increasing lactation
There are several ways to increase lactation pills.
Multivitamins for nursing mothers. Usually, their appointment is prescribed by a doctor who observed a woman during pregnancy. The duration of vitamins depends on the length of the breastfeeding period. Homeopathic remedies. For example, Mlekoin. The drug is available in the form of granules, which must be taken 15 minutes before a meal. It can be applied throughout the entire period of feeding. Supplements. Tablets containing various vitamins and nutrients (royal jelly, lactogonic herbs).
However, do not abuse the pills and vitamins of industrial production. To increase the amount of milk, it is worth more often to put the baby to the breast, to exclude extraneous irritants during feeding, stress. And most importantly, do not be nervous and keep a positive attitude.
Important: How to understand that the baby is not fed up with breast milk
We also read: How to restore lactation - 10 main recommendations
How to stimulate lactation?
A caring mother will always strive to ensure that her child is healthy and happy. She is ready to give her baby all the best. However, many young mothers often have a question: how to increase the lactation of breast milk?
After all, its lack may affect the health and mood of the child. First of all, you should understand why lactation decreases and what are the signs of a lack of milk.
Maternal milk or formula?
There is no doubt that breast milk will be the best nutrition for a baby. After all, it includes all the necessary components:
Essential amino acids, including the amino acid taurine. This substance is necessary for the maturation and normal development of the organs of vision and the nervous system. Albumin prevails in breast milk. These are proteins that are small in size and help digest large proteins - casein. Lymphocytes, phagocytes, lactoferin, lactoprecidase, immunoglobulins, nucleotides, enzymes, and also hormones. Fatty polyunsaturated acids, including arachidonic, linolenic and linoleic. They provide durability of cell membranes. These components are necessary for the formation of mucous membranes and skin in newborn babies. Vitamins D, K, E and A. These substances are necessary for the normal development and growth of the child's body. Phosphorus and calcium. They are necessary for the normal absorption of vitamin D, as well as for normal mineral metabolism. Thanks to these substances, the risk of rickets is reduced (more on rickets in infants >>>). Beta-lactose. Promotes the normal development of intestinal flora. This allows you to protect your baby from dysbiosis.
All of these substances are very important for a newborn baby. Infant formulas do not allow to fully saturate the baby’s body with useful components. If the amount of milk has decreased dramatically, then the problem should be immediately resolved.
Only 2.8% of women are not able to feed the baby with their milk. And this is due to the physiological structure of their organs.
So how to increase lactation during breastfeeding?
Signs of Lack of Milk
Lactation is a complex process that requires some control. There are a number of factors that can affect the amount of milk produced by the mammary glands. How to determine its lack?
Here are a few basic signs:
The weight of the child. If the child does not recover or is gaining weight less than the prescribed norm, then it is worth considering. The baby must regain its original weight two weeks after birth. The amount of urination. You can determine by wet diapers or pants. If a child is older than 10 days, urinates less than 10 times in 24 hours, this is an alarming signal. Ideal if the number of urinations during the day is 12 or more. A very rare stool in an infant can also be considered as an indirect sign of a lack of breast milk.
The main causes of low lactation
Low lactation is called hypogalactia. The causes of this condition can be classified as primary and secondary.
Consider the factors of primary hypogalactia:
- Endocrine diseases in history - diffuse toxic goiter, diabetes,
Underdevelopment of the mammary glands, pronounced infantilism,
Premature birth, early cesarean,
Milk is not produced due to impaired hormonal stimulation of lactation.
Secondary hypogalactia is reversible. The causes of it are:
- Improper or inadequate nutrition of women during pregnancy and after childbirth, at the beginning of breastfeeding,
Irregular attachment of the infant to the breast - violation of the regime of feeding,
Postpartum depression, unwillingness to continue breastfeeding,
Emotional instability, the impact of stress factors, constant experiences,
The lack of sucking reflex associated with the underdevelopment of the infant,
Medication - for example, Camphor or hormonal agents, which include androgens,
Secondary hypogalactia can provoke inexperience of the mother. A woman does not know how to properly apply a newborn to her breast, he puffs air, spits up, screams, does not gain weight. To compensate for malnutrition, babies are beginning to be artificially fed. A well-fed baby does not try to “get food” - lactation decreases.
Milk production decreases during “lactation crises”, the causes of which are:
- Uneven development of the child. Breastfeeding has already been established, milk production is stable, and the infant develops "jumps." His appetite increases dramatically, and for 2-4 days, until the mother's body is reconstructed, he will not have enough milk. The time of such crises is 3-6 weeks, and then the beginning or middle of 3, 4, 7 months and 9 months of feeding.
Before starting treatment of hypogalactia, it is necessary to establish what it is connected with. Lactation disorders caused by secondary causes and crises are reversible. If a nursing woman does not panic and does not switch to artificial feeding, the body compensates for the lack of nutrition.
Signs of reduced lactation
Women cannot always determine how much milk is produced.
On your own you can take the following symptoms for lactation reduction:
- The mammary glands are always soft. When installing milk lactation produces exactly as much as the baby needs, the feeling of overflow does not occur.
При сцеживании молоко почти не отделяется. Если соски тугие, сцедиться трудно. Младенец же получает свою порцию благодаря врожденному сосательному рефлексу.
With the anomalous structure of the milk duct, children automatically switch to artificial feeding. The newborn does not have enough strength to get the required amount of food, and if the mammary gland is not emptied, lactation decreases.
- The baby rarely urinates - 6-7 times a day, no more.
A “hungry” chair appeared - a thick consistency, greenish or in color close to the feces of adults. The child knocks his legs during emptying the bowels, very much hurt.
The diagnosis “hypogalactia” is made by the doctor, on the basis of special studies. The infant is weighed before and after feeding for several days, the mammary glands are examined with the help of ultrasound, thermography (thermal imager), and a blood test is taken to determine the level of prolactin and estrogen.
How to increase vitamins lactation
To eliminate hypogalactia in the early stage of breastfeeding vitamins are used. They can be assigned individually or in combination.
Such vitamins are used:
- An oil solution of vitamin D - 5000 IU per day,
Vitamin E - 15 mg to 2 times a day,
Nicotinic acid - three times the 40 mg dose for 10 minutes before a meal, can be injected,
Most of these funds are used during pregnancy to replenish the body's supply of nutrients. In the summer, you should consult a doctor before use: the mother's body gets them from food products in order to produce a complete baby food.
How to increase lactation with Lactogon
Lactogon refers to dietary supplements, but at present it is administered in a therapeutic regimen for the treatment of primary hypogalactia along with hormonal drugs.
Lactogon contains dry extracts of bio-raw materials:
- Carrot juice is a stimulator of milk production and a source of beta-carotene, a substance necessary for strengthening the cardiovascular system and improving visual function,
Ascorbic acid - an accelerator of redox processes, a substance needed to support immunity,
Potassium iodide - normalizes the thyroid gland,
Dill seeds - antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effect, eliminates vascular spasms, stimulates lactation,
Oregano is a lactic and soothing effect,
Lactogon not only increases the volume of milk produced, but also has an additional effect - eliminates children's colic.
How to improve lactation with bee products
To eliminate the secondary hypogalactia Apilak and Apilactin tablets are prescribed. Their action is slightly different.
Apilactin is a preparation of a group of dietary supplements, composed of pollen and royal jelly. Regulates and restores oxidative processes at the cellular level, promotes immunity, has a tonic effect.
Apart from bee milk and pollen, Apilac consists of 23 amino acids, B vitamins, and biological stimulants of metabolic processes. Used to normalize lactation and as a fortifying agent.
Tablets dissolve under the tongue 30 minutes before meals. Should not swallow - the active ingredients are completely destroyed by the action of gastric juice. Treatment - up to 2 weeks.
It is undesirable to use beekeeping products, royal jelly or pollen, in its pure form to restore breastfeeding. They can be infected by the spores of botulism-causing bacteria. In adults, the immunity is stable, the environment of the stomach is aggressive, the spores are removed naturally. In infants, due to unsteady immunity, the passive form of the bacterial infection is activated. Infant botulism is a deadly disease that develops in infants up to 6 months of age.
Folk remedies to increase lactation
Traditional medicine offers to eliminate secondary hypogalactia its own ways.
- Nettle infusion. Buy in a pharmacy nettle, packaged in tea bags, and insist to intense color, like tea. If the packed bio-raw materials are not available, brew a tablespoon of dried nettle. On the day of drinking a glass, divided into 2-3 servings. Use an effective tool with caution, nettle not only stimulates the production of milk, but also reduces smooth muscle. An undesirable side effect is uterine bleeding.
Infusion of lemon balm and fennel. Brew a glass of boiling water with a teaspoon of dry lemon balm and 2 teaspoons of fennel, infused for an hour in the wrapped form, filtered. Drink after meals, instead of tea, up to 3 glasses a day.
Milk and Caraway Drink. Approximately 15 g of cumin seeds is poured with a glass of boiling milk, covered with a lid, wrapped in a towel. Insist at least 2 hours. On the day, you can drink up to 1.5 glasses of drink in equal portions 20-30 minutes before a food intake.
Dill infusion. In a thermos brew 2 tablespoons of seeds for 0.5 liters of boiling water, insist 2 hours. Take half a glass in the morning and evening. If the child often develop intestinal colic, the amount of alcohol consumed can be increased to 1.5 cups. According to the same algorithm, anise extract is brewed.
These herbs are not an allergen for the infant, but when introducing mixtures according to popular recipes into the mother’s diet, it is necessary to analyze the health condition of the “eater”. In rare cases, individual intolerance is manifested.
- Read about Queen Size breast enlargement cream
The basic principles of breastfeeding
To lactation has not decreased, you should follow a few basic principles of feeding:
Within an hour after the birth of the child should be applied to the chest. This stimulates the production of colostrum, and then milk. The baby must properly grip the breast.
It is very important to teach him this. In one of the course video tutorials "Secrets of breastfeeding" You will learn how to properly feed your baby’s breasts and learn how to conveniently pose for feeding.
If you do not fix the seizure of the breast, it will lead to a weak stimulation of the breast, the occurrence of abrasions and cracks.
As a result, feeding will hurt. How to deal with cracks, read the article: Cracks in the nipples when feeding.
For a small child mode is not needed. Put the clock in the far corner of the room, and apply the child at his request. Frequent attachment to the chest, in the correct posture, helps increase milk production.
Baby knows how much he needs milk, and when he is full. Therefore, do not limit feeding time limits. You should not refuse to attach the baby to the chest at night. This allows you to increase lactation. Try to feed at night, at least 3-4 times. It is not recommended to finish feeding the baby from the bottle. The baby can completely abandon the breast. After all, it is more difficult to suck milk from it than from a bottle.
These are the most important principles with which it is worth starting to increase the production of breast milk.
Remember how a house is built: first we lay a solid, solid, reliable foundation, and we are building a beautiful house on it.
So here: to increase the amount of breast milk, you can follow the above rules of breastfeeding. In addition, study the “Breastfeeding Secrets” video course so that the milk arrives and is enough for your baby.
Increased lactation homeopathic medicines
The most effective means for increasing the amount of breast milk are Pulsatilla and Mlecoin.
Pulsatilla and Pulsatilla compositum to increase lactation injected, up to 3 times during the week, intramuscularly. The course of treatment is 2 weeks. Ingredients: Pulsatilla Pratensis, Sulfur D 8, Aceticum Cortisoneum, Sodium Chloride. A side effect is dizziness. On pronounced allergic reactions no information.
Mlekoin is produced in granules. The action is effective if you start the application within 9 days after delivery. The drug is taken on an empty stomach, half an hour before breakfast, and in the evening, before dinner. Dose - 5 granules, lay under the tongue and wait for complete dissolution. It consists of: Pulsatilla Pratensis, Vitex Agnus-Castus and Urtika Urens. There was no information about side effects.
Do not wait for quick action when using homeopathic remedies. They begin to “work” no earlier than 5 days after the start of treatment.
How to improve lactation? Important Products
For good lactation, you need to adjust your diet.
Usually nursing mothers prescribe a special diet. In general, during the period of breastfeeding, the diet should include such products as:
cereal with fruit, preferably buckwheat or oatmeal, fish, eggs, meat, raw and boiled vegetables (onions, radishes, carrots, pumpkins, etc.), nuts (pine, walnut and almond), royal jelly, honey, black currant.
A young mother should abandon mayonnaise, smoked products, as well as dishes spiced with plenty of spices.
Many lactating mothers face the problem of insufficient milk production, especially in the first months after birth.
informationIf a woman does not have milk after giving birth during the first 10 days, it is customary to talk about primary hypogalactia (insufficient milk production).
If problems with lactation occur later - this secondary hypogalactia. In many cases, this problem is contrived because of the inexperience of a woman, the unfounded fears of relatives, pediatricians and pediatric nurses, as well as the stories of acquaintances and girlfriends.
There are other ways to increase lactation. They can not be attributed to the main, but nonetheless provide temporary help to the body, they can.
Start to monitor your drinking regime, drink at least two liters of fluid during the day. It does not take into account milk soups and drinks. It is best to drink water or tea. So, how to increase the lactation of a nursing mother with drinks? Begin to drink more drinks such as:
green tea, compote made from fresh or dried fruit, herbal tea that increases lactation (anise, cumin, oregano, dill, etc.), fresh juices, carrot infusion, oatmeal broth, nut milk, blackberry or black currant juice .
Not less useful is dill water. This drink helps spur lactation, and helps to get rid of constipation in the baby. Drinks all must be warm, but not very hot.
Use plenty of pure water without gases.
Signs of insufficient milk production
The main sign that a woman produces an insufficient amount of breast milk is an insufficient weight gain of the baby, a lag in physical and mental development, and frequent diseases.
Also suspect that the child is not enough food, you can test the "wet diaper". It is performed in order to trace the number of urinations of the infant per day. Since it is difficult to do in a diaper, it is necessary to remove it.
- It is believed that during the day the child from the 14th day to 6 months must urinate at least 12 times.
- If in 24 hours your baby wet diapers less than 12 timesthen he really lacks nutrition.
- If the number more than 12, and the child develops according to age, then you should not worry.
additionallyRemember that there are specialists in breastfeeding who will help solve the problem of feeding and increase the lactation of a nursing mother.
The main methods of increasing lactation
To ensure full lactation, the production of two hormones is necessary: prolactin and oxytocin.
- Prolactin responsible for the synthesis of milk by the mammary gland cells. The main stimulus of its formation is the act of sucking the baby: the more often the attachment to the breast occurs, the more the hormone is produced. And over time, the amount of milk needed by the child, and milk produced by the mother's mammary glands, becomes equal. Its maximum synthesis occurs at night and earlier morning time of the day, which is why night applications are so important.
- Oxytocin is responsible for the release of milk, causes a reduction in the ducts of the mammary glands. It is produced in the first minutes of breastfeeding, and the baby’s smell, sounds made by it, approaching feeding time can also be a stimulus, and a woman feels this as a “tide” to her breast. The main factor ensuring the normal synthesis of this hormone is the emotional background of the young mother.
This is where the main and most important methods for increasing lactation come out:
- frequent attachment of the child to the breast, especially at night and early morning hours,
- close contact with the baby, emotional peace and well-being.
importantWithout this, no drug, traditional medicine method and diet will not be effective.
There are no specific lactation enhancing products that have been proven scientifically. Most often they act as a placebo (the action is based only on the faith of the person). In the issue of nutrition of a young mother, it is not any individual product that is important, but in general the usefulness of the diet. The basic principles of feeding a young nursing mother are as follows:
- caloric intake should be about 3000 kcal per day. WHO experts recommend increasing the daily caloric intake of a nursing woman by no less than 700 kcal,
- food should be at least 5-6 times a day, preferably half an hour before feeding the baby,
- the daily ration should include 200 g of protein products in the form of lean types of meat or fish, 500 ml of milk or dairy products, 100 g of cottage cheese, 30 g of hard cheese, 300 g of fruit, 500 g of vegetables,
- drinking mode is very important. Young mother should drink about 2 liters of fluid per day, and most of it in the form of clean drinking water.
In addition to nutrition for a woman who is breastfeeding, are also of great importance in maintaining adequate lactation:
- complete rest - sleep at least 8 hours a day with a small day rest,
- walks in the open air,
- support of relatives and friends, assistance in child care.
Massage and gymnastics to increase lactation
informationMassage and gymnastics contribute to additional blood supply to the mammary glands, increase skin elasticity, strengthen the muscular and ligamentous apparatus.
All this will help not only to increase the amount of breast milk produced, but also to keep the breast beautiful after childbirth and nursing.
Massage Breasts must be done very carefully and carefully. It is better not to do something special, but to use simple tips:
- The usual thin jets of water have a good massage effect, and in combination with alternating temperature (a contrast shower), the result will be even better. Take it into your habit every time you take a shower, direct the flow to the mammary glands. A few days later try alternately turn on cold and warm water - the so-called contrast shower. But do not overdo it, the flow of water should not cause pain.
- You can also use a soft washcloth. Apply to it a small amount of gentle detergent (use detergents preferably no more than once a day, so as not to wash off the protective layer of skin, but only to gently clean it) and in a circular motion to easily massage the breast.
- Once a day for 2-3 minutes, you can perform such a massage: apply a little castor on your palms (a baby may also come up), put your right palm on the upper half of the chest and the left palm on the lower half, and perform circular light massage movements in a clockwise direction . After that, you can hold a massage movement from the periphery of the breast to the center.
- Contact a specialist or ask your loved ones to massage your neck, shoulder area and scapular. This will help to relax the muscles, relieve tension in them, thereby increasing blood flow to the chest.
importantRemember: the area of the halos and nipple during the massage can not be affected.
The simplest and most accessible exercises for the chest are the following:
- In a sitting or standing position, bend your elbows at a right angle so that your hands are closed on chest levels, your fingers should look up. Squeeze the brushes with each other. Repeat the exercise 20 times for 3 sets. You should feel your chest muscles tighten.
- Another effective and familiar exercise is simple pushups. For relief, you can lean not on your feet, but on your knees, or just stand on all fours. Position your hands so that your fingers are pointing inward, and tilt down. It is important to keep the spine straight at all levels.
- Exercise "scissors" hands will also help strengthen the muscles. In a standing position, straighten your arms in front of you at chest level. Perform simultaneous swing, imitating the movement of scissors, gradually raising and lowering his hands.
Physiotherapy methods of stimulating lactation
Улучшить лактацию помогут следующие физиотерапевтические методы:
- ультрафиолетовое облучение (УФО) молочной железы,
- обработка высокочастотным (УВЧ) электромагнитным полем,
- электрофорез с никотиновой кислотой,
- парафиновые аппликации на молочную железу и другие.
informationModern medicine is incredulous about the methods of traditional medicine, as their effectiveness is often not proven scientifically.
However, it is not for nothing that from time immemorial our grandmothers have shared one secret or another with each other. The main thing is not to harm, and if this or that method helps (even if like a placebo), this is already good.
Recipes of traditional medicine to increase lactation:
- Dill water. Prepared as follows: 1 tablespoon of dill seeds is poured with a glass of boiling water and infused in a thermos for 2 hours. The resulting infusion take half a cup 2 times a day 30 minutes before feeding. Instead of dill, you can take cumin or fennel seeds.
- Nut milk. 100 g of ground walnuts pour 0.5 liters of milk and boil until thick. You can add sugar to taste. The resulting mixture is taken in a third cup half an hour before feeding.
- Radish with honey. Per 100 g of radish, take 100 ml of cooled boiled water and add 1 tablespoon of honey. Drink half a cup 2 times a day.
- Ginger tea. To make it, you need to grind peeled ginger root on a fine grater and boil for 5 minutes in 1 liter of water. To taste, you can add honey, and drink 60 ml 3 times a day.
Preparations for increasing lactation
informationThere are many drugs that can indirectly increase milk production.
They can be divided into three types:
- teas (Hemanna, Hipp, Grandma's basket and others),
- multivitamin-mineral complexes (Elevit, Teravit Prenatal and others),
- mixes for the feeding women (the Milky Way, Bellakt, Apilak and others).
Part of tea includes medicinal herbs that help to increase lactation (fennel, cumin, chamomile, nettle, lemon balm, galega and others). Just like all warm drinks, these teas stimulate the contraction of the milky ducts and widen their lumen, which makes milk easier to release.
Vitamins and Minerals for pregnant and lactating women enrich the diet of the young mother, as often there is an insufficient intake of the necessary substances.
Part mixes for nursing women, in addition to vitamins, minerals, additional nutrients in the necessary proportions (proteins, fats, carbohydrates), herbal extracts that have a calming effect and promote milk production are also included.
However, when using all of these drugs may develop allergies, like mom and baby. Therefore, in the first weeks of admission it is necessary to closely monitor the reaction of the baby.
Why can breast milk disappear?
Hypogalactia - poor lactation formation occurs in just 5% of mothers. Often it is associated with hormonal disruption and serious disorders.
Otherwise, the shortage of milk is caused by factors and causes that can be easily eliminated:
- unwillingness to feed, lack of mood in a woman,
- poor nutrition
- stress, overwork, lack of sleep,
- early introduction of mixtures
- pumping and bottle feeding,
- bad habits (smoking and alcohol equally),
- lactation crises
- improper attachment to the chest.
Sometimes for a decrease in lactation is taken a sharp jump in the growth of the child. At this time, he sucks more and at one time can suck as much as he ate in two or three applications. The baby becomes capricious and whiny, often asks for the breast. This lasts no longer than seven days. In this case, the mommy produces milk no less than before, just its costs increased. The only thing you can do is not to panic and more often apply your baby to your chest. Milk production will soon increase, and there will be nothing to worry about.
Important! The more often you give the baby a breast, the more milk there will be. Sucking is the main stimulator of the flow.
Ways to increase breast milk
Feed on demand
Babies should not be fed according to a schedule, which grandmothers and some “wise” midwives talk about, but on demand. It is especially dangerous to accustom the child to hourly feeding in the first days. If the breast is not sufficiently stimulated, milk becomes low. This leads to the early introduction of complementary foods and poor weight gain in the baby. At the time of feeding by the hour, many women stopped feeding at 6 months.
Straining, lactostasis, tears - this is the joy of natural feeding awaiting a nursing woman. Of course, there are also advantages of such a regime, when mother can plan her schedule and enjoy quiet nights. But there are much more minuses in this mode. Including the amount of milk.
Feed at night
Massage effectively increases lactation
Many moms try to teach the newborn to sleep continuously at night and do not feed him, replacing milk with plain water. But night feeding is a pledge of proper breastfeeding for the entire lactation period. Eating 3 times a night is normal for a newborn. After all, in the womb, he constantly ate “on the machine” and it was not easy for him to switch to the “adult” mode. Yes, and milk is absorbed much faster, and it is simply necessary for him to eat at night.
Prolactin, which is responsible for the production of milk, is produced at night 2 times more than at other times. Therefore, from 3-00 to 8-00 it is necessary to attach the child to the breast. Night feeding can save and prolong lactation even when the baby has almost given up breast, and the milk is gone.
It is made with fingers or a stream of warm water in the shower after feeding. Perform circular movements from the areola to the periphery. The duration of the manipulation is 5-10 min. Breast massage technique for mom
Sleep when baby sleeps
The main rule for mummies who are trying, and feed, and clean, and wash, and stroke, and walk with a stroller. If from morning to evening spin like a squirrel in a wheel, and get up several times at night, then the body is unlikely to like it. Milk will be less, and mom will become more nervous. Dirty floors and not ironed diapers - all this can wait, and a good sleep, rest and good mood - the key to successful feeding, which can not be ignored.
Experienced moms who have gone through a lactation crisis are advised to use a simple way to enhance lactation at the natural level. It is called "skin to skin." To do this, it is enough to undress the baby and strip to the waist itself. Lie down or take the baby in your arms.
Important! In order for the child to properly grip the nipple, his chin must touch the breast. The lower lip of the infant should be slightly twisted, and above the top there should be an areola.
What foods increase lactation
The correct balanced table of a nursing mother is one of the important aspects of successful breastfeeding. Each product in varying degrees, affects the milk yield. Some can increase it, some reduce it, there are foods that increase fat. There are those products that are strictly forbidden to use, since they radically change the taste of milk and the baby can refuse to breast.
Newly mummies often try to get in shape and go on a strict diet. At the same time they want to fully breastfeed butthis is an impossible desire. Anyway, the body needs an enhanced diet - this does not mean that you need to eat twice as much as before the birth of a child.
TableA nursing mom should include:
- proteins - meat dishes, dairy, dairy products, hard cheese, fish, broths and soups in meat,
- vitamins, microelements, fiber - vegetables, fruits, cereals,
- amino acids - butter and vegetable oil.
In the day you need to drink 2 liters. fluid. It is impossible to drink a lot of water in the maternity hospital, since lactation is only being formed and the conversion of colostrum into milk on the third day will become very painful and plentiful. When the mother was discharged, and the child adapted to her breast, you should drink plenty of warm or hot liquids (including soups), mineral water without gas, teas that are sold in pharmacies. Zealous, too, is not necessary. From a large amount of liquid milk will increase, but it will contain less nutrients and will become less fat.
Increase lactation anise, caraway, dill, fennel, nettle tea, barley coffee and broth.
Productswhich should be avoided:
- smoked meats
- exotic fruits
- canned foods
- hot spices (onion, garlic, pepper),
- food rich in carbohydrates (bread, pastries, sugar),
- allergenic products
- sage, mint, parsley.
A newborn may not fill up with my mother's milk, because he lacks fat, we check milk for fat.
Medications that increase lactation
In the case when a nursing mother correctly applies the child, fulfills all the rules of breastfeeding, and there is little or no milk, as she thinks, it disappears completely, you can quickly and effectively help her with medications.
Existsseveral ways to increase lactation with special drugs:
- Multivitamin complexes in the form of emulsions and tablets. The duration of treatment depends on the duration of breastfeeding.
- Homeopathy. These drugs gently stimulate the production of prolactin and help increase lactation. They also have a calming effect, relieve tension and stress. These include "Mleokin", "Pulsatilla." They are produced in granules and taken half an hour before the meal. Possible long-term use.
- Supplements based on royal jelly or lactogonic herbs: "Apilak", "Femilak", "Laktogon".
Important! First, consult an experienced doctor who will select the necessary drugs, starting from the personality of the body and the mother and baby.
Some of the recipes
- Caraway drink. Liter of boiling water is poured 15 g of cumin seeds, lemon, peeled from the zest, sugar. All cook 5 minutes, filter and drink warm.
- Dill infusion. Art. l Dill poured boiling water. Defend 2 hours and drink throat 6 times a day, without delaying the decoction in the mouth.
- Anise infusion. Seeds are poured over with boiling water and left for an hour. Strain and drink three times two sips.
- Prefab infusion. 10 g. Of anise seeds, 20 g. Of lemon balm, 40 g. Of fennel, 30 g. Galegs are poured with a glass of boiling water, left to infuse and after straining drink half a cup for 10 minutes. before feeding.
- A decoction of nettle. 20 dried leaves pour a glass of boiling water, defend, filter and take a week according to st. three times a day before meals.
You can purchase special lactogenic fees, in which weeds are collected in the right proportions.
Productsthat effectively increase the flow of milk to a nursing mother:
- Walnuts. The crushed kernels are poured with boiling whole milk and drawn in a closed thermos. Drink little by mouth during the day.
- Carrot. Finely grated raw carrot is poured with boiled milk. Drink a glass, if desired, and in the absence of allergies add lime honey.
- Radish Grated radish diluted with water, add honey and eat gruel three times a day, 4 tbsp. l
- Cumin with sour cream. In a glass of sour cream add Art. l chopped cumin. Boil for 3 minutes. take according to Art. three times a day. Very tasteless, but effective means, urgently enhancing the return of milk.
- Oatmeal. Flakes are mixed with dried apricots and nuts. Pour milk or yogurt.
- Buckwheat. Grains fried in a dry skillet are eaten instead of seeds.
The rapid increase in the return of breast milk
To quickly increase the return of breast milk, resort to some proven methods:
- Massage. Massage of the mammary glands stimulates a lot of milk flow. Use palm oil and light smooth movements for 2-3 minutes with castor oil. Massage the chest, while the left hand should be on the chest, and the right under the chest.
Good effect on kickback massage. This will require the participation of her husband.
- Cold and hot shower. Despite being busy and tired, you need to set aside a few minutes for this procedure. It will strengthen the tone, improve mood and affect the flow of milk. A stream of water makes a light massage of the chest and back.
- Bath. It is better to take before bedtime. Hot water is poured into a large basin and placed on the table. Immersed in his chest, occasionally adding a hot portion of water. Bath do not longer than 15 minutes. Then thoroughly rubbed off and go to bed. This method is very good, from the heat the mammary glands urgently begin to work, and the influx increases.
- The big cup of hot tea with milk will become irreplaceable for the feeding mother.
There are situations when a proper and balanced diet does not allow to increase lactation. As a result, breastfeeding is much more difficult. In this case, you can add, as a temporary measure, pharmacy tools. The most effective are:
Tea for lactation enhancement: “Grandma's basket”, “Hipp”, “Laktavit”. BAA "Laktogon", "Apilak". They are made on the basis of milky grasses and royal jelly of bees. Also, many recommend "femilak", which is a source of protein. Vitamin complexes that are developed specifically for nursing mothers. Homeopathic remedies that allow not only to increase, but also to preserve lactation with constant stress and nervous tension. Such drugs include Pulsatill and Mlecoin.
Before taking this or that drug should consult a specialist. Do not forget that many drugs have a number of contraindications and can cause the development of side effects.
How to increase lactation with feeding
Having learned to properly apply the baby to the breast and correctly setting the feeding regimen, you can develop a stable lactation and keep it at the right level.
Recommendations for nursing mothers:
- Feed the baby should be on demand, and not according to the regime.
Night feeds cannot be ignored - at this time of day there is an increased prolactin synthesis, and, therefore, the body determines how much milk to reproduce.
Before each feeding and after it, you need to express some milk, it is by this amount that the volume of the product produced will increase next time.
It is not necessary to introduce the mixture into the children's diet, if the whims after or during the feeding are single, or the mother thinks that the baby is undernourished. You must first consult with a pediatrician.
How to increase the lactation of breast milk folk remedies? There are many recipes for alternative medicine that can solve this problem. Here are some simple and inexpensive tools:
Cumin with sour cream. A pinch of cumin fruits should be softened. Then they need to be added to a glass of sour cream. The composition must be boiled. This takes no more than 3 minutes. The finished product should be consumed three times a day for a tablespoon. Take two tablespoons of the fruits of dill, oregano, and anise. All this should be poured a glass of boiling water. It is necessary to insist the drug within half an hour. Take the finished product costs up to three times a day for a tablespoon.
Only by following all the rules of breastfeeding, you can increase lactation and fix the result. Do not forget that proper nutrition is important for the baby. Therefore, it is not necessary to transfer it to infant formula and deprive the opportunity to feel the warmth of the mother.
Get it right now DIRECTORY nutrition nursing mothersto protect the child from allergies, colic and abdominal pain.
Enter your email and click on the button "GET"