In the postpartum period, the body of a young mother begins to return to the parameters that were before pregnancy. This period of time can give a woman many "surprises", one of which is hair loss.
Postpartum hair loss occurs 3-4 months after the baby is born. At one point, a woman begins to notice a lot of lost hair on a comb, in the shower, on a pillow after sleeping. This physiological phenomenon is short-lived and does not lead to total baldness. In order for a young mother not to experience psychological discomfort, she is recommended to become familiar with the nature of this state and methods of dealing with it.
The basis of this phenomenon are those global changes in the body of a woman who accompany her in the postpartum period. Predisposing factors for this condition include:
- Hormonal imbalance. In the period of childbearing, the body of the expectant mother produces an excessive amount of estrogen. These substances accelerate the processes of regeneration of body cells. That is why pregnant women note improvement in hair, nails and skin. After the child was born, the hormonal background of the woman is reorganized in the opposite direction. Reducing the amount of estrogen in the postpartum period causes rapid hair loss.
- Vitamin deficiency and lack of minerals. During pregnancy, a large amount of nutrients is redistributed in favor of the child, so the mother's body is deficient in vitamins and minerals. Breastfeeding exacerbates the shortage of substances, and therefore the woman's hair falls out.
- Reduced hemoglobin levels. In the period of childbirth, 90% of pregnant women face the problem of iron deficiency anemia. In the postpartum period, this state continues to remind of itself. Its main manifestations are paleness of the skin, dizziness, changes in the structure of nails, dry skin and hair loss.
- Constant stress. Despite the naturalness of labor, this process is a stressful situation, both for the child and for the mother. Regular lack of sleep and adaptation to new living conditions affect the overall condition of the young mother's body.
Before starting drug therapy, a woman should set herself up for partial success, since she will not be able to stop this process fully. During treatment, there is a decrease in the intensity of hair loss, but not a complete cessation. In order for the treatment to bring the desired result, you should consider the following factors:
- Careful attitude to hair. In order to permanently maintain strong hair, you can not comb them in the wet state. It is also necessary to abandon frequent combing in favor of the combs made of natural material. Such devices as hair dryers and irons for straightening, have a negative impact on the hair structure.
- Revision hair care. In the period of intensive fallout, a woman needs to temporarily abandon the usual balms and shampoos for hair care. Alternatively, you can use pharmacy hygiene products that do not contain aggressive components.
- Power correction. Diverse and natural food is the main condition for maintaining beauty and youth. If a young mother is faced with the problem of hair loss, then she should pay attention and include foods rich in zinc, calcium and animal protein in the diet. In the postpartum period, it is important to select products that do not have allergic activity.
- Support the body from the outside. To this end, it is necessary to include in your diet multivitamin complexes containing minerals. When breastfeeding is recommended to use the same vitamin preparations as during pregnancy. For example, during breastfeeding, you can use the drug “Mother Complivit”, which compensates for the deficiency of beneficial substances and improves the condition of hair in a nursing mother http://vskormi.ru/mama/komplivit-dlya-kormyaschih-mam/.
The duration of physiological hair loss in the postpartum period does not exceed 3 months. If the problem has been delayed for long months, then first of all eliminate any diseases.
The general treatment plan for postpartum hair loss is as follows:
- First, determine and eliminate the provoking factors in the body. Reduce the amount of stress to a minimum, normalize the daily regimen and review nutrition.
- If necessary, young mother prescribed multivitamin complexes and iron supplements.
- For local therapy, masks and shampoos based on natural ingredients are used. Before applying drugs to the scalp, its surface is cleaned with special pastes (scrubs). A prominent representative of this group of cosmetics is sulsen paste (concentration of 1-2%). After applying the paste on the scalp, it must be aged for 15 minutes, then rinsed with shampoo.
- Medicinal emulsions and masks for the treatment of hair loss have an irritating effect, which helps to improve blood circulation in the area of the hair follicles. The composition of such funds include vitamins (groups B, C, A, E), accelerating the restoration of the natural structure of the hair.
- As a supplement to the main therapy, physiotherapy techniques are used. Massage of the scalp, laser therapy, mesotherapy and darsonvalization have a positive effect.
Each presented method should be coordinated with the attending physician, especially if the young mother practices breastfeeding of the newborn child.
Timely prevention can reduce the intensity of the manifestations of this condition. The basis of prevention are such recommendations:
- stop smoking, drinking alcohol and coffee,
- do not use hair ties, hairpins and other metal products for hair,
- use boiled water to wash your hair.
Knowing the nature of this phenomenon, a young mother is able to influence some of these factors. If a woman cannot help herself, then she needs to consult with specialists such as an endocrinologist, a dermatologist and a neuropathologist.