The health of teeth and gums is one of the foundations of a dazzling smile, well-being and longevity. Caring for teeth every day, we care not only about our appearance, but also about our health. In the human body, everything is interconnected, so diseases of the oral cavity increase the risk of developing heart attacks, strokes, diabetes, cause problems with the gastrointestinal tract and even premature birth.
To prevent caries, yellow plaque and other more serious health problems will help the proper prevention and hygiene of the teeth.
How to keep your teeth healthy and beautiful
Maintaining dental health means following simple rules for personal hygiene. They will help preserve the beauty of a smile and avoid diseases of the mouth and other organs. Although we know perfectly well about most of them, there is one secret, without which they are not effective.
The secret of healthy teeth and gums - the regular implementation of these rules. Approach your health comprehensively and do not ignore minor problems, so that they do not turn into major troubles.
10 things for dental health that need to be done every day:
Brush your teeth regularly. At least twice a day, morning and evening. Brush your teeth from the base of the tooth to the edge for about two to three minutes.
Brush your teeth and gums actively, but gently and gently.so as not to erase the enamel.
Choose the right brush. The brush should fit your teeth. In most cases, you can do with a brush with medium hardness, but for sensitive teeth and gums it is better to choose high-quality soft bristles.
Rinse your mouth after every meal. Ideally, after some time, you brush your teeth. Immediately after eating it is undesirable to do so as not to damage the enamel.
Use dental flosswhich will help remove food between teeth in hard to reach places. Often we do not even suspect that she is there. This should be done before brushing your teeth and after eating.
After brushing your teeth, rinse your mouth with special products and elixirs. Rinse removes plaque from the cheeks and tongue, freshens breath and kills bacteria in the entire mouth.
Properly care for your toothbrush. Change the brush is necessary every 2-3 months, but clean and wash in hot water - regularly. It should be stored with a dry form, since bacteria from your mouth actively multiply on a wet brush. That is why never use someone else's brushes. Baby brushes should be kept separate from adults.
Use wooden toothpicks carefully. After eating, they help get rid of leftover food, but this must be done carefully. If possible, replace toothpicks with dental floss (floss). Do not use any metal or sharp objects. You will damage the enamel and bacteria penetrate even deeper.
Give your teeth a lot of work. This does not mean that your teeth need to prick nuts. But regularly eating apples, gnawing carrots, chewing food thoroughly will help improve blood circulation in the gums and get rid of plaque.
Watch out for food. Fluoride and calcium are responsible for the strength of the teeth. They are found in eggs, poultry meat, sea fish, veal, vegetables, cheese, yogurt and black bread. As prescribed by your doctor, you can use vitamins if these substances are not enough in your body.
Not the last role in the health of the teeth plays and regular visits to the dentist. Preventive inspection will help identify problems of the teeth in time and avoid costly treatment of neglected diseases.
- Brush your teeth! Teeth should be brushed daily twice a day. Cleaning should be given at least three minutes. Brushing your teeth does not mean rubbing them with a frenzy with a frenzy. You need to carefully clean the most inaccessible places. Brushing is best done along, not across the teeth.
- Rinse. After each meal, microscopic pieces of food remain in the mouth, which, when oxidized, harm the teeth. Therefore, after eating, you should thoroughly rinse the mouth with clean or salt water.
Nutrition for healthy teeth
Every day, our teeth face a varied diet - hot, cold, sour and sweet. All this affects the condition of the teeth. Everyone knows from an early age that it is impossible to eat very cold or very hot foods - this destroys tooth enamel. To keep your teeth strong, you need to limit the consumption of hot coffee. Caffeine in coffee, chocolate and strong tea destroys and loosens tooth enamel.
Since childhood, we are told about the dangers of sweets. Sugar is the most favorable environment for the development of bacteria. Especially when sugar gets stuck in the gaps between the teeth. This is a direct path to caries. If your child likes to eat sweets, you should carefully monitor the condition of his teeth. Kids need to brush their teeth after 10-12 months of life, when he goes to an adult table. After a regular candy or cake, ask the child to drink water (since they still do not know how to rinse their mouth). And do not give the baby milk just before bedtime. Particles of dairy products are very corrosive tooth enamel. It is better to drink milk, and then rinse your mouth with water.
To clean the teeth of dirt, plaque and tartar, you can use coarse food. Eat more vegetables and fruits in raw form. Let it be better that at your home in a prominent place there will be not a vase with sweets, but a fruit basket. Instead of waffles, offer the child a crispy, crispy carrot, maybe he will agree? It is much healthier and tastier. And try not to peel the fruit - there are also many useful substances in it (this does not apply to paraffin-coated fruit brought from far away). The peel of the fruit cleans well the gaps between the teeth.
To make your teeth strong, you need to eat more foods saturated with calcium and phosphorus. These are cottage cheese, kefir, spinach, cheese, milk, beans. The use of citrus reduces the bleeding gums, and also inhibits the development of inflammatory processes in the oral cavity. Fish and seafood very well affect the condition of the teeth - they contain a huge amount of vitamins and minerals. Nuts are considered a good workout for teeth. But do not gnaw walnuts or almonds with your teeth - you can lose them altogether.
It is interesting! Everyone knows that teething in infants is a painful process for both parents and baby. The teeth actively begin to grow in the child after six months, then the feeding of the baby begins. One of the first complementary foods is homemade cottage cheese. Usually, the curd is made like this - kefir is added to the milk and put on a slow fire. When the milk is rolled, it must be folded back onto the gauze and pressed. One well-known pediatrician advises instead of kefir to add calcium chloride ampoule to milk (exactly the one we use for “hot” intravenous injections). When the milk is curdled, you get a healthy curd, saturated with an additional portion of calcium. It is not only healthy, but also delicious. If the kid eats such cottage cheese every day, his teeth will start to grow by leaps and bounds.
Teeth health comes from the inside
Recent research scientists have shown that caries occurs in people who have common problems in the body. Low immunity, chronic diseases, diseases of the digestive tract - all this affects the health of teeth. In ancient times, when the master took to work as a laborer, he looked at the condition of his teeth. If they were healthy, then it was possible to judge the good health of the person. If the teeth were rotten and black, it means that the health of the worker left much to be desired. Such laborers at work did not take.
The teeth assessed the state of human health in the past, however, and now it is quite a significant indicator. If you, despite the observance of all hygienic measures, encounter the constant formation of caries, if you often have inflammatory processes in your mouth, then it’s time to go to a doctor.
Folk recipes for strong teeth
- In order for the teeth to sit tight in their “nests” and their gums firmly held, you need gymnastics for your teeth. It is to nibble a clean twig. At first, this should be done carefully, so as not to leave your teeth on this twig. Walking through the park, tear a branch from a tree and wipe the dust from it with a handkerchief or napkin. Carefully bite the branch along the entire length. When your teeth are strong enough, you can add another exercise - try to pull a piece of wood from the branch with your teeth. Such gymnastics, though it seems ridiculous, but very useful for those who noticed that the teeth began to loose.
- There is one proven recipe for healthy teeth and strong gums. It is suitable in the fight against periodontal disease. Mix a tablespoon of honey with half a teaspoon of salt. Wait until the salt is completely dissolved - otherwise you will hurt yourself with grains of salt. Massage the gums with this composition as often as possible, and within a few days the gums will begin to grow stronger.
To keep your teeth healthy, you must comply with all hygiene measures. Choose healthy food with coarse fibers, do not drink soda, eat food of average temperature. Exclude from the diet of coffee, smoking and alcohol. Change the quality of life, and then you can maintain healthy teeth until old age.
7. Caress your mouth after eating water.
Water washes away the remains of food stuck in the mouth and neutralizes the acidity of the food you ate. Acidity can destroy tooth enamel and increase the risk of tooth decay.
8. Do not brush your teeth immediately after eating.
Studies have shown that brushing your teeth immediately after eating or drinking, especially acidic, can do more harm than good. To protect the surface of the teeth, you should wait at least half an hour before brushing your teeth.
Healthy teeth and gums
9. Less sweet, sticky and dark foods.
These are sweets, cakes, ice cream, toffee, dried fruit, caffeine, soda and red sauces. Not only can these products stick to teeth, they also nourish bacteria, contribute to tooth decay, and even color the teeth if they are consumed too often.
10. Regular visits to the dentist
As a rule, most dentists claim that adults should undergo preventive checks at least once every six months. However, as shown by the results of the study, only those people who have chronic diseases of the teeth and oral cavity and who are at risk should visit the dentist often.
For other people who do not have problems with the oral cavity and are not experiencing obvious discomfort, it may be recommended to reduce the frequency of routine check-ups to once a year.
Since not everyone can keep their teeth healthy until old age, it is necessary to remember the golden rule: you need to constantly brush your teeth. When oral hygiene is impaired, soft tissue inflammation begins. At the same time gums begin to bleed. When teeth are irregularly and improperly cleaned, harmful microorganisms multiply much faster. At the same time, the activity of bacteria negatively affects the state of enamel and soft tissues.
It is for this reason that you should brush your teeth regularly. In this case, the procedure should take at least 2-3 minutes. Also, experts recommend taking decoctions of herbs for rinsing. In addition, you need to monitor your diet. To strengthen the gums and teeth should eat foods that contain a large amount of vitamins and minerals.
To avoid the development of undesirable diseases, using traditional methods. Some alternative medicine remedies are ideal for the prevention of oral ailments. So, how to keep your teeth during pregnancy, lactation and so on?
To strengthen the gums, you can use tea tree oil. From this component is to prepare a solution. How to do it? The method of preparation of the drug is quite simple. To do this, it is necessary to dissolve three drops of tea tree oil in a glass of clean boiled, but cooled water.
It is worth noting that such a folk remedy allows you to strengthen not only the soft tissues of the oral cavity, but also the teeth. Tea tree oil removes unpleasant odor, fights against caries and periodontal disease.
This vegetable is also able to improve the condition of the tissues of the oral cavity. How to keep your teeth healthy and strong? You can use eggplants for this. For starters, vegetables should be peeled. That it is necessary for the preparation of alternative medicine. Eggplant peel is recommended to be dried in the oven, and then grind into powder. Tablespoon of the resulting mass should be poured into a glass and pour water. Infusion of the drug should be within 10 minutes. In the finished product is to add a small spoonful of salt. Infusion is used for rinsing the mouth.
How to remove bleeding
Teeth stagger? How to save? You can use for this strengthening herbs. Oak bark is an effective remedy to eliminate bleeding gums. To combat the unpleasant phenomenon, you can prepare an infusion. To do this, chop the bark of oak and lime blossom. Components should be mixed in equal proportions. Teaspoon the mixture brew a glass of boiling water. After this tool should stand until cool. Ready infusion worth strain. To prevent the inflammatory process, you need to rinse your mouth with the finished product three times a day.
Decoy of burdock
Is it possible to save a tooth if it staggers? For this it is necessary to strengthen the gums. The ideal preparation is considered to be a decoy of burdock. This tool helps not only refresh your breath, but also strengthen the gums. Preparing a decoction is very simple.
Burdock should be crushed. A teaspoon of raw materials is to pour a glass of boiling water and place on the stove. Boil means should be within a few minutes after boiling over low heat. At the end leave the tool for an hour. Broth must be well insisted. After the specified time, the drug should be filtered and can be used for rinsing the mouth.
The healing properties of many herbs. Since it is not always possible to keep teeth with traditional methods, it is worth thinking about the use of various fees. To improve the condition of the tissues of the oral cavity can be prepared by means of rinsing based on herbs. For this it is necessary to take in equal parts the rosehip petals, flowers of willow tea and mint leaves.
The components should be chopped and then mixed. A tablespoon of the mixture should be filled with cold water. It will be enough one glass. Then the container with the mixture should be placed on the stove and bring to a boil. Ready broth should be insisted. It takes two hours to do this. After a specified time, the agent must be drained. In the infusion is recommended to add 5 grams of mummy. Rinse the mouth with such a decoction should be at least two times during the day.
One of the most effective folk remedies is bitter wormwood. This plant is used to treat many diseases, including the oral cavity. With the help of the infusion prepared from this plant, you can eliminate the unpleasant smell from the mouth.
To prepare the drug, it is necessary to grind wormwood. A tablespoon of the resulting raw materials should be brewed with two cups of boiling water. The preparation should be infused for 20 minutes. After a specified time, it is worth filtering. Infusion is recommended to use for rinsing the mouth up to 4 times during the day.
Remedy for many ailments
How to keep your teeth beautiful? For this it is necessary to carry out preventive measures. An effective remedy that can protect against decay is considered to be an infusion from the aboveground part of a regular turnip. For its preparation it is necessary to grind the leaves of the plant and brew them with a glass of boiling water. Infusing the drug is recommended for half an hour. Apply a means for rinsing the mouth.
It is worth noting that the infusion of turnip leaves is considered a good tool for the prevention of not only caries, but also bleeding gums, periodontal disease, and inflammatory processes.
How to keep your teeth healthy? Biology shows that these tissues can serve a person for no more than 30 years. However, it is not. Scientists have proven that teeth can be saved to a great age. To strengthen the tissue, you can use the following tools:
- Cognac. This alcoholic drink is an effective firming agent. It can be used for rinsing the mouth. It is worth noting that cognac has a disinfecting effect due to alcohol.
- Common food salt. This substance can eliminate bad breath. In a glass of water should be dissolved dessert spoonful of salt. The resulting solution should be used for rinsing the mouth.
Tincture of Hypericum on alcohol
Is it possible to save the root of the tooth? This is only possible in cases where the tooth tissue is not badly damaged. Чтобы этого не произошло, можно применять настойку зверобоя. Этот препарат прекрасно справляется с воспалением десен, а также устраняет неприятный запах.For cooking you need a tablespoon of pre-crushed St. John's wort pour alcohol. It will be enough 1/2 liter. The container should be hermetically sealed and placed in a dark place for 7 days. After the specified time, the tool can be used for oral administration in diluted form. For this, it is recommended to dissolve 40 drops of the drug in ½ cup of water. To accept means costs twice a day for 7 days.
Juice of plantain and lemon
Since it is much more difficult to save the teeth of a child than an adult, it is worth consulting a pediatric dentist before using any traditional remedy. After all, some drugs of alternative medicine have contraindications.
As for adults, lemon juice can be used to strengthen the gums and to heal small sores. It is recommended to apply the mixture with a soft brush. It should be ensured that the tool does not fall on the tooth enamel, as it adversely affects its condition.
With the same purpose, the plantain juice can be applied to the gums. He is much safer. This tool does not adversely affect tooth enamel.
How to keep baby teeth? Sometimes elementary adherence to oral hygiene is not enough. Therefore, many experts recommend to perform a simple massage of the gums. It is executed as follows:
- Gum should be wrapped with the index and thumb on both sides. It is worth massaging it with vertical movements at each place at least 10 times. When performing massage, you can apply vegetable oils mixed with fine salt.
- Every time you brush your teeth, massage the gums in a circular motion for a few minutes.
- Lips should be closed, and the tongue - touch the sky. Teeth need to tap 20-30 times. This will strengthen the muscles of the mouth and gums. Perform the exercise is recommended up to three times during the day.
Recommendations of specialists
If your teeth are loose, you should eat daily, carefully chewing, fresh garlic. This will strengthen weak gums. Also get rid of the inflammatory process and an unpleasant smell from the mouth will help fresh leaves of primroses or calamus root. These products are recommended to be chewed daily.
In addition to the above, it is worth enriching your diet with a variety of products containing a variety of nutrients. Also, experts advise taking vitamins and minerals, which include elements such as calcium, phosphorus, vitamins A, C, B6and D3. In addition, we should not forget that some substances are capable of damaging the tissues of the oral cavity. Therefore, it is not recommended to abuse products that contain acids. These components can destroy enamel. However, the most dangerous for the teeth is the lack of calcium. Not always the right amount of this element gets into the human body along with food. Therefore, experts recommend the use of special dietary supplements with calcium.
As for phosphorus, this component is necessary to strengthen the teeth. Together with calcium, the substance forms salts, the effect of which improves the state of the tissues of the oral cavity.
How to keep your teeth healthy until old age? The key to success is consistency.
It is easy to achieve success in maintaining your health, provided that you deal with this issue not from time to time, but on an ongoing basis. One-time measures are practically useless here, and if you make the rules of care your constant habit, success is guaranteed.
- Rule number one is daily teeth cleaning. At the same time, the task is somewhat more complicated - the procedure should last at least three minutes, and its goal should not be a dazzling brilliance, but a thorough cleaning of the interdental space and the most inaccessible places where food debris accumulates.
- Care after teeth after eating is important as much as morning washing. To completely remove the particles of the products and make the mouth cavity cleaner will help rinsing with clean water or a weak saline solution.
- Changing a toothbrush - a question not only the quality of cleaning, but also your personal hygiene. In a humid environment inside the bristles accumulates a lot of bacteria that "like" to live in the mouth. Only the replacement of the brush will protect you from their intervention and at the same time will qualitatively improve the cleaning process due to the good stiffness of the villi.
- Competent approach to the selection of brushes. The priority here is for models of medium hardness, which effectively clean the teeth and do not traumatize the gum tissue. Distortion in the direction of excessive rigidity or softness may cause mucosal bleeding or make cleaning virtually useless.
- The electrobrush is a minimum of risk, maximum comfort and excellent quality of the process - your smile will conquer those around you with a flawless appearance, and visits to the dentist will only become preventive.
- Chewing gum: when the image is nothing, and the desire to keep healthy teeth is everything. If you do not have a toothbrush on hand, and you have just had a snack, use a chewing gum that will easily clean the mouth of food debris and return freshness to the breath.
- Dental floss. Simple, fast, safe and very effective when it comes to removing coarse food debris that delivers tangible inconvenience.
- Rinsing is the best way to prevent or slow down the development of inflammation in the oral cavity and to freshen breath. Choose a suitable antibacterial composition and do not forget to use it with the recommended frequency to feel the pleasant effect of freshness.
- Use of fluoride paste, especially recommended for smokers. If you are not able to give up this habit, take care that it brings minimal harm to your teeth. In the line "ASEPTA" it is - paste "ASEPTA PLUS Coffee and tobacco." The chemical composition is selected in such a way as to strengthen the tooth enamel and improve its appearance, at the same time contributing to its mineralization and refreshing breath.
- Changing toothpaste is not just an opportunity to test the effectiveness of various dental products, but also the best chance to cope with microbes that quickly get used to the composition of the paste and do not react to its action. By choosing ASEPTA pastes, you will provide your teeth and gums with professional care at home, which will have a positive effect on their health.
And, of course, visiting the dentist at least once every six months. Only in this case will it be possible to recognize and eliminate a serious illness in time, preserving the integrity of the dentition and avoiding a long, painful and expensive treatment.
Revision of the diet to maintain healthy teeth
Products harmful to the teeth
- Coffee and tea, without which no morning or workday can be done. Caffeine, contained in these products, makes tooth enamel loose, and it loses its protective properties.
- Sugar and sweet foods, which are especially abused by children. After each meal, completed with a sweet table, be sure to rinse your mouth so that the food particles melt, and do not remain between the teeth.
- Dairy products - the plaque formed after their use can destroy tooth enamel, despite the calcium content useful for dental tissue. Rinsing will also help, especially if you have drunk or eaten something milky before bedtime.
In addition, too hot or very cold foods are extremely harmful, especially if consumed one by one. Temperature drops negatively affect tooth enamel and contribute to its destruction, especially when there are microcracks in it.
Please note: all the listed rules are relevant not only for adults but also for children. As soon as the child starts eating solid foods, they need to be trained in oral hygiene and reminded to rinse their mouth after each meal. And try not to spoil the baby sweet - even strong teeth will not withstand the aggressive effects of sugar and will begin to quickly deteriorate.
Products beneficial for dental health
Among the clear leaders are cottage cheese, cheese, spinach and beans, the substances in which are able to have the most positive effect on the state of enamel and tooth tissue. Also very useful are fish and seafood, known for their positive effects on various organs and tissues of the human body. To clean your teeth, it is recommended to eat nuts, hard fresh vegetables and fruits. They will bring many times more benefits than popular confectionery.
For babies whose teeth are cut, doctors recommend cooking calcined cottage cheese. It is easy to get it - when preparing a product from milk, simply add chlorinated calcium to the mixture, having previously specified the recipe from a pediatrician. It will not affect the taste of the finished dish, but the calcium content in the curd will increase many times, and the child's teeth will grow faster and will pleasantly surprise children's doctors with their impeccable health.
Dental health as an indicator of body condition
Is dental health related to human health? Numerous studies have proven a direct relationship between these aspects. So, a few hundred years ago, in the dark periods of medieval slavery and serfdom, the health of hired workers and purchased servants was checked exactly by the state of the teeth, and this method of diagnosis was no less effective than modern ultrasound and tomography. So, if you have low immunity, diseases of the digestive system, metabolic disorders, all this does not slow down affect the condition and appearance of the dentition. Therefore, the first signs of any dental illness are a sure excuse to postpone the case and undergo a comprehensive examination of the body, in order not only to eliminate the effect, but also to identify the cause of persistent dental problems.
How to keep your teeth healthy and strong? Tips for traditional medicine
People's experience has gained a lot of valuable tips on maintaining healthy teeth. These recommendations are relevant today, despite the abundance of means of official medicine.
- The composition of honey and salt (respectively, 1 tablespoon and 0.5 tsp.), Use as a massage mixture for the treatment of gums. Very soon they will stop bleeding, and their teeth will not loose in the holes.
- Lemon, field horsetail and black radish will help to cope with tartar. The substances contained in these products destroy and soften the tartar, facilitating its removal.
- Black stripes on the edges of the teeth - a dubious decoration, from which you can easily get rid of. You will be helped by the husks of beans and burdock root. A strong decoction based on these substances should be used as a rinse several times a day, and the result will not take long.
- The task of strengthening the enamel perfectly cope with a mixture of tinctures of calamus and propolis. Long rinsing of the mouth with this mixture will help to quickly restore teeth and gums.
- The oak bark will help in the fight against inflammation and ulcers on the mucous membrane. Rinsing at bedtime will remove redness, cope with infection and remove odor, even if you abuse smoking.
However, remember that traditional medicine is not suitable for everyone, and their effectiveness has not been proven by experts. Do not run the problem in search of optimal treatment, use the professional tools from the line "ASEPTA".