Sometimes women find a white precipitate in their urine. A similar phenomenon signals violations in the body. Normally, the urine is transparent and has a straw yellow color. The appearance of impurities indicates the development of the inflammatory process. Therefore, you must immediately contact a specialist.
When sediment is normal
In some situations, turbid urine has nothing to do with physiological phenomena. The following factors may cause changes:
- With decreasing temperature and contact with air, normal urine will become cloudy in just a few hours. The appearance of sediment in this case is inevitable. Therefore, the material must be sent to the laboratory within one and a half hours after collection.
- Non-sterile capacity for analysis - in order to get an accurate result, it is better to use specialized pharmaceutical containers.
- Incorrect collection of liquid - can lead to the fact that impurities get into the dishes. To prevent this, thorough hygiene of the genital organs is necessary before the fence.
Transparent urine is considered normal, having a color from pale straw to bright yellow, without inclusions and flakes. Sometimes there are deviations that occur even in a healthy person. Among the main reasons for the appearance in women of urine sediment are:
- taking some vitamins - urine becomes bright yellow, orange and loses its transparency,
- frequent consumption of protein foods - the liquid becomes more dense and turbid,
- insufficient water or increased exercise - they lead to dehydration, make the urine color dark,
- reception of alcoholic beverages.
Long-term medication may also affect the shade of urine. It may be antibiotics, laxatives, aspirin. If, after adjusting the menu or canceling the medication, the urine has not acquired a normal color, you should go to the urologist and go through the necessary examinations.
Turbid urine as a symptom of the disease
Not everyone knows what it is when a white precipitate appears in the urine. If this symptom is observed for a long time, complemented by pain and fever, a careful analysis in laboratory conditions will be required. Urine is formed in the kidneys, passes through the ureters to the bladder and goes out. Diseases of these organs lead to its clouding. Sludge may appear with an increase in the amount of certain compounds:
- Red blood cells - if there are a lot of red blood cells, various ailments are possible: from inflammation to kidney cancer. At the first stages in the urine there is a pink sediment, with a significant lesion it becomes red-burgundy.
- Salt accumulation - manifests white flakes after settling the sample. To solve the problem, you need to establish the type of salts, establish the causes of violations and undergo treatment.
- Increased protein level - observed in various diseases affecting the internal organs, as well as systemic disorders, accompanied by the destruction of proteins.
- Fatty spots on the surface of urine are characteristic of bone fractures leading to renal embolism.
- A significant number of bacteria and infection products - damaged epithelium cells, toxins, mucus.
Urine, in which sediment appears, indicates not only problems of the urinary tract. Genital infections, which mainly occur in the vagina, also change the color and consistency of the urine.
Infections and inflammations
A white precipitate is characteristic of infectious and inflammatory diseases affecting the urogenital organs. In this situation, unpleasant symptoms are inevitable:
- cramps and burning during emptying
- pulling pain in lower abdomen,
- frequent urging to the toilet,
- genital itching,
- vaginal discharge yellow or white
- heaviness in the right hypochondrium,
- weakness, deterioration of performance.
Turbidity of urine and sediment in women is possible with sexually transmitted infections. Additional features include:
- inflammation of the lymph nodes located in the groin,
- rashes, formation of sores and erosions,
- presence of obscure secretions from white to yellow,
- low-grade fever
- reduced sexual desire
- discomfort during intimacy,
- failures of the menstrual cycle.
One of the symptoms of the disease is the appearance in the urine of white impurities. In addition, the patient may complain of:
- violation of the outflow of urine,
- renal colic,
- periodic increase in body temperature
- the appearance of blood in the urine
- high pressure.
Most often, the pathology for a long time proceeds without any manifestations, and the sediment and discoloration of the urine is the only symptom.
Turbidity during pregnancy
During the child's pregnancy, a woman regularly undergoes tests that allow you to control your well-being and kidney function. Even a healthy girl may have problems, so this measure is more than necessary. A significant load on the kidneys inevitably affects the color and clarity of urine. Hormonal fluctuations also affect these indicators. The absence of anxiety symptoms and short duration of turbidity are considered normal, as the salt level and the number of leukocytes in the urine of a pregnant woman change very quickly.
Toxicosis, which is accompanied by a white siege in the urine and vomiting, should be alarming. It leads to severe dehydration and potassium deficiency. Since almost all medications are prohibited during pregnancy, doctors try to solve the problem by correcting the diet and the usual rhythm of life.
Urinary infections are very dangerous for the future mother, as they threaten not only her, but also the baby. Therefore, turbidity of urine, the detection of sediment and flakes in it is a reason to visit the doctor and undergo a comprehensive examination.
Sediment after illness
Against the background of the treatment of various pathologies, urine allows you to control the body. The increased amount of proteins, erythrocytes, leukocytes and salts indicates the stage of the disease and reflects its severity. The table shows what kind of urine has in various diseases:
The appointment of therapeutic interventions is possible only after establishing the exact cause of the violations.
Therapy is carried out by various methods. To eliminate the main provocative factor, medications such as can be prescribed:
- nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
In addition, the patient is shown a diet and compliance with the drinking regimen. Alcohol and cigarettes are strictly prohibited. With timely contact to a specialist, you can quickly solve the problem and avoid the development of serious complications.
In order to prevent urine turbidity and the formation of a white precipitate, you need to follow simple recommendations:
- Adjust the diet - you need to eat only healthy foods.
- Abandon all addictions.
- Treat any diseases in a timely manner.
- Avoid hypothermia.
- Medicines to take only on the recommendation of the doctor.
- Regularly undergo preventive examinations in time to detect possible pathologies.
A white sediment in the urine is not a disease, but a symptom. His appearance is a reason to consult a doctor and be examined. A qualified specialist will help determine the cause of problems and quickly fix it.
Turbid urine: when is it normal?
Sometimes the turbidity of urine delivered to the laboratory has no physiological reasons at all. Causes of sample damage often lie outside the body. Namely:
- From contact with air and lowering the temperature, even normal, clear urine will become cloudy in a few hours. Turbid urine with sediment in such a situation is inevitable. Therefore, it is important to provide the material collected after the morning awakening to the laboratory within 1.5 hours.
- The cause of the turbid laboratory material may be non-sterile utensils for analysis. For the effectiveness of the study is best to use special sterile pharmacy containers.
- Incorrect sampling may result in impurities entering the container. Before collecting urine for analysis, a thorough toilet of the genitals should be carried out, without using detergents.
Normal consider transparent urine from pale straw to rich yellow in color, without any inclusions, sediment and flakes. Sometimes it is possible for an absolutely healthy person to go beyond the normal range. Some common reasons:
- taking certain vitamins (often B and C) and multivitamin complexes - the urine becomes rich yellow, orange, and sometimes even blue and loses its transparency,
- the use of large amounts of protein with food can provoke proteinuria (increased protein concentration) - urine becomes denser, grows turbid.
- inadequate fluid intake or intense stress leads to dehydration and makes the color almost brown, the transparency decreases,
- the use of alcoholic beverages can provoke very turbid urine in the next day.
Prolonged use of certain medications can also change the color of the urine, affect its uniformity. These may be antibiotics, antipsychotics, or even a simple laxative or aspirin. If, after adjusting the diet or cancellation of medications, the urine does not return to normal, you should consult a general practitioner or urologist for examination.
Be careful!It is especially necessary to study the urine analysis in the laboratory, if for a long time the urine excreted is very turbid, with clear sediment and flakes, blood streaks, pains in the urethra, or a fever.
Turbid urine as a sign of disease
Urine is formed in the kidney, passes the path through the ureters to the bladder and out through the urethra. Therefore, most often, the cause of the turbidity of urine in men and women lies precisely in these organs. Kidney disease, glomerulonephritis, infections of the urogenital system lead to changes in the urine, noticeable to the simple eye.
In general, any clouding of urine can be triggered by an increase in the number of certain compounds. These substances include:
- Erythrocytes - red blood cells in elevated concentrations indicate pathology from various inflammations up to kidney cancer. In the initial stages of urine just pink, muddy red-bardovoy she becomes already with extensive lesions.
- Increased salt content: urate, phosphate, carbonate or oxalate. It appears a noticeable white precipitate with a significant excess of the permissible rate, after settling the sample. Determining the type of salts, establish the causes of deviations and prescribe the appropriate therapy.
- The presence of protein is manifested in the urine by sediment and white flakes. Pathology is observed with a variety of diseases, both individual organs and systemic disorders, accompanied by the destruction of proteins.
- Fat stains on the surface of urine are noted with extensive bone fractures leading to renal embolism, sometimes with diabetes.
- The presence of a significant number of bacteria and infection products: damaged epithelium cells, toxins, mucus.
Note!Turbid urine with sediment is characteristic not only of urinary tract malfunction. In case of genital infections in women, proceeding mainly in the vagina, the appearance and consistency of the urine also change.
The first factor in the turbidity of urine in men is age. Most age-related diseases of the sexual sphere (inflammation of the prostate, adenoma, urethritis) progress after 50 years. Turbidity may be accompanied by the presence of blood and is accompanied by other unpleasant manifestations of male ailments: stagnation of urine, violation of its outflow, difficulties with sexual intimacy.
Impurities of blood in turbid urine can be a consequence of urolithiasis, heart disease, kidney oncology.
Any genital infections are accompanied by specific secretions and can be monitored by urine analysis. At the same time in urine often reveal:
With bacterial infections, urine is not only cloudy. With the spread of the process, impurities of pus appear, and the urine itself acquires an unpleasant odor. Urinalysis reveals an increased number of lymphocytes, damaged cells, filamentous mucous inclusions.
Turbid urine in children under six months of age is a physiological phenomenon and should not cause concern. If the baby feels fine, eats and sleeps as usual, then there is nothing to worry about. The older the child becomes, the more seriously this symptom should be treated. Especially if it is not a short-term phenomenon.
Often marked kidney damage in children after acute respiratory viral infections. If, after recovery, urine does not regain its normal appearance for more than a week, you should contact your pediatrician and examine the kidneys. Cystitis, pyelonephritis, glomerulonephritis in the early stages can manifest themselves only by turbidity of urine. Brown color with increased turbidity allows to suspect liver disease.
For parents!Collecting urine from a very young child presents certain difficulties. In the process of various kinds of "tricks" to obtain the necessary material, the sample is often contaminated with extraneous impurities. Errors can be avoided by buying a special urinal for babies, it is sterile and easy to use.
Turbid urine in the mornings in children is normal, if there are no complaints about the health and activity of the child. Most often this is due to the concentration of urine due to some dehydration of the body during the night, which in children is much faster than in adult men and women.
Turbid urine with sediment and flakes, observed in a child for several days in a row, may indicate a bacterial infection of the urinary tract. Additionally, there are a number of symptoms confirming trouble: painful urination, itching, redness of the external genital organs, causeless capriciousness, and sometimes - fever.
The structural features of the urogenital apparatus in women contribute to the easy penetration of bacteria along the ascending paths from the bladder to the kidneys. A genital infection from the vagina, entering the ureter, infects the urinary tract. Having risen to the kidneys, it causes severe lesions. Turbidity of urine appears at any stage of the pathology associated with bacteria.
Another feature that often manifests itself in women is different diets. Mono-diets with a predominance of one type of food (for example, fruit) can cause persistent turbidity of urine, passing after the restoration of good nutrition.
Turbid urine with sediment as well as in men can be caused by a high concentration of salts, to warn about the development of urolithiasis. Blood marks indicate progression of the disease.
Hormonal background strongly influences the acidity of urine, with an excess of some hormones, a decrease in the transparency of the urine may be observed. The reasons for this failure should definitely find out. But sometimes the reason is clear without examinations, as the symptom occurs in almost all pregnant women.
Causes of urine turbidity during pregnancy
Frequent urine tests during pregnancy allow the doctor to closely monitor the state of the woman's body, and special attention is paid to the kidneys. Disorders in the urogenital system can also occur in an absolutely healthy woman, therefore such control is fully justified. Increased load on the kidneys naturally affects the color and transparency of urine.
Changes in the concentration of hormones also affect these indicators. The absence of disturbing symptoms (pain, discomfort) and short duration of turbidity (up to 2 days) are considered the norm. The level of salts and the number of leukocytes in the urine of a pregnant woman change rapidly.
Toxicosis, accompanied by turbid urine and vomiting, causes more concern. This state is accompanied by dehydration and a lack of potassium. Since the medications during pregnancy are used with caution, most violations are trying to correct with the help of the correct diet, vitamins, regimen.
Urinary infections are especially dangerous during pregnancy, because they threaten the health of two. The arsenal of drugs is very limited, and the future mother's immune system is vulnerable. Therefore, any unpleasant symptoms, especially if the urine is very turbid, with sediment and flakes, should make the expectant mother immediately see a doctor and undergo appropriate examinations.
To correct the situation when the discharge of turbid urine with sediment is observed, at home it is permissible only if it is caused by poor nutrition or dehydration. If nothing changes for several days, you need to contact a specialist to determine the real causes of the violation.
Blurred urine is not a disease, but a symptom. This is a reason to pay attention to your health, to pass a urine test, and if necessary - smears for infections. With the elimination of the underlying disease, the manifestations visible in laboratory samples will disappear by themselves. Without medical attention in this situation is not enough.
Factors that lead to sediment
The appearance of an unorganized urine sediment can contribute to such factors:
- imbalance of salt and fluid. This reason is one of the most common.Due to the fact that the body enters the liquid in insufficient quantities, the percentage of salts increases. The formed solid deposits simply impede the full flow of urine. As a result, stagnation develops, urine becomes cloudy and this may provoke an inflammatory process,
- the presence of mucus, bacteria, flakes can affect the clarity of urine. If turbidity has appeared, but the color has not changed, then this may indicate the development of cystitis (inflammation of the bladder), urethritis, or even pyelonephritis. The appearance of sediment in the form of clouds can talk about diseases of the lungs,
- the movement of solid salt deposits can cause injury to the mucous membrane of the urinary tract. In addition to the appearance of sediment, the shade of urine will also change, up to red.
White sediment in the urine
White sediment in the urine may appear even without the presence of pain. But even in this case, such a picture may indicate a problem in the genitourinary system. If the appearance of a white precipitate is accompanied by the detection of protein in the urine, then this is a clear sign of a developing inflammatory process. Immediately I want to note that it is necessary to deliver the urine for research as early as possible. The fact is that if a sample of biological material is placed in a container with a tight-fitting lid for some time, the appearance of turbidity as a result of the decomposition of salts is a natural process and state of the norm.
It is worth noting the fact that in some cases incorrect collection of a sample for research can provoke the appearance of a precipitate. In order to avoid this, you should follow simple recommendations, namely:
- on the eve of the study you should not eat foods that could lead to staining of urine, it is beets, rhubarb carrots, etc.,
- do not take drugs containing iron, most often it is vitamin-mineral complexes,
- Before you collect the urine, you need to wash, but you should not use thick and poorly washable cosmetics, gels, foams. If you do not conduct hygienic procedures, then in the urine in women may appear elements from the vagina.
In addition, the true reasons for precipitation in the urine are in insufficiently clean containers. Even if the jar is thoroughly washed, it may contain substances that will react with urine and cause a precipitate to form. For this reason, it is better to use sterile bottles, which are sold in a pharmacy.
The appearance of a white precipitate may be due to an increased level of white blood cells, red blood cells or salts in the urine. Microscopic analysis will help to give an accurate answer about the number of organized elements. First, the technician unscrews the tube with urine in a centrifuge, drains the urine and causes sediment on the glass slide. Under the microscope will be clearly visible the number of different elements. For example, turbidity can also cause an inorganic precipitate, it can be uric acid crystals, an increased level of which can lead to the development of a disease like gout.
Before you panic and ascribe to yourself the presence of serious diseases, the first thing to do is to eliminate the natural causes of turbidity. Immediately you need to think about the amount of water consumed, as well as the diet. This situation can occur in vegetarians, as well as people who rapidly changed their diet and, for example, switched to protein foods.
Changing the composition of urine depending on age and gender
If we talk about women, then they have a change in the composition of the urine can provoke such reasons:
- violation of the natural microflora of the vagina,
- vaginal discharge,
- lowering mucus plug during pregnancy.
If a woman has vaginal candidiasis, which is accompanied by the appearance of abundant cheesy discharge, they can easily fall into the urine and fall as a white precipitate.
In men, a change in urine composition may indicate the presence of developing urethritis or balanopastitis. Urethritis can be the result of hypothermia or a viral infection. In addition to the appearance of sediment, patients may complain of pain in the groin and lower abdomen, discomfort may increase with urination or ejaculation.
If we talk about balanopaste, then most often it occurs not as the main disease, but against the background of infectious processes that are sexually transmitted. The pathological process is accompanied by the appearance of the following symptoms: inflammation of the extreme flesh, irritation of the mucous membrane of the penis and increased secretion of smegma.
Both diseases can also cause severe pain and burning during urination, purulent discharge, as well as turbidity of the urine and precipitation. Also, turbidity can be the result of prostatitis or venereal diseases.
Separately want to say about the children. The appearance of a white precipitate in the urine of the infant should not be a cause for concern of the parents. This is due to the physiological characteristics of the newborn and the adaptation of the organism to new living conditions.
Causes of orange urine
The reasons why the urine acquired an orange color may be the following:
- elevated urochrome or urine pigments,
- disorders of the urinary system,
- dehydration of the body, especially in hot time with intensive work and a small amount of fluid intake,
- taking some drugs: laxatives, anti-tuberculosis. anticancer,
- products such as raspberries, blackberries, pumpkins, carrots, etc. can stain urine,
- orange urine in the morning can be caused by hormones. Antidiuretic hormone can stain urine,
- the presence of food dyes in food (lemonade, juice, candy).
So, sediment may appear in the urine for both natural and pathological reasons. Do not immediately worry, but the first thing you need to remember what products you took on the eve, what are taking medications. If the appearance of sediment is short-lived and is not accompanied by the appearance of other symptoms, then most likely there is no cause for concern. If you have pain in the lower abdomen, painful urination, burning or other symptoms, then it is best to consult a specialist, because this may be a sign of serious inflammatory processes in the urinary system. Early diagnosis and qualified approach will help to quickly fix the problem!
Causes of sediment
Impurities in urine are divided into organized and not organized. The first ones are accumulations of formed elements - leukocytes, erythrocytes, epithelium, cylinders, mucus and pus.
There are the most common causes of this pathology - pyelonephritis, cystitis, urethritis, prostatitis, STDs.
- Pyelonephritis - inflammatory infectious inflammation of the kidneys, one or two sided. Most often, changes in urine indicate the presence of inflammation.
- Cystitis - at thinning of walls their detachment begins, which is displayed together with urine. The formation of ulcers is possible, leading to an increase in the number of red blood cells and a change in color to red.
- Urethritis - The principle is the same as for cystitis.
- Prostatitis - Frequent difficulty of allocation of urine, gets a strong muddy shade.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases - characterized by the appearance of an admixture of pus and blood.
Unorganized sediments occur against the background of the release of stones and sand from the kidneys. The most common cause is urolithiasis. If acidity increases, then salt and calcium sulphate fall to the bottom. The promotion of stones along anatomical structures injures them, increasing the excretion of red blood cells, epithelium and cylinders into the urine. Urine becomes cloudy and red.
With the development of oncological diseases, the metabolism, the adherence of alcoptonuria or melanosarcoma will be disturbed. The presence of black impurities will be characteristic.
Video: Turbid urine in men
Symptoms characteristic of pathology
Depending on the form and stage of the disease, various symptoms will develop, preceding the appearance of sediment in the urine. The most typical symptoms are such as general weakness, febrile temperature, loss of appetite, pain in the lower abdomen, pain during urination, and aching sensations in the lower back.
The development of infectious diseases will be accompanied by general and local symptoms. With pyelonephritis, there will be an unpleasant sensation in the lower back, high body temperature, and strong toxic effects.
Cystitis and urethritis are characterized by the appearance of cramps during urination, a slight temperature, and lower abdominal pain. Prostatitis causes difficulty urinating, leading to stagnation of urine.
Urolithiasis causes severe pain, renal colic, and blood excreted in the urine.
It should be remembered that precipitation in the urine may be associated not only with the occurrence of diseases and changes in the pathomorphology of organs and tissues, impurities and color changes occurring when there are failures in the diet, eating heavily stained foods, bruising with alcohol.
The most characteristic of such changes in the tone of urine:
- Milk Tint may be formed during the excretion of lymph in the urine.
- Yellow with green impurities - hepatitis in the acute phase.
- Watery low-grade with diabetes.
- White - disintegration of the renal tissue, hormonal disruptions.
- Brown - hemolytic anemia.
In the event of the identification of these symptoms, it is necessary to urgently consult a doctor; in time, not started therapy may indicate the development of complications.
Diagnosis of the occurrence of pathology
The diagnostic process begins with anamnesis. It is necessary to accurately indicate all possible factors that led to the emergence of this pathology.
It is required to reveal when and under what conditions a sediment began to fall, which accompanies or precedes it. This is necessary for proper and accurate treatment.
After collecting objective data, laboratory and instrumental diagnostic methods are resorted to. They are able to detect cellular changes, visualize the type of sediment, inspect the walls and adjacent organs.
The most common laboratory tests are:
- Complete blood count - suggests the presence of inflammation to increase the level of leukocytes, neutrophils and an increase in ESR.
- Urinalysis - accurately indicate the cause and feature of the sediment. The exact number of leukocytes, erythrocytes, cylinders, flat and transitional epithelium, mucus and pus is detected.
- Three-glass test - will establish the level of damage to the genitourinary system.
- The analysis according to Nechiporenko - will establish the number of uniform elements in the urine unit.
- Bacterial culture - determines the type of bacteria and sensitivity to antibiotics.
Among the instrumental gold standard is ultrasound. It is able to accurately establish the size of the walls, visible lesions, the position of the organs relative to each other, the visualization of stones and stones.
Computed and magnetic resonance imaging can visualize the smallest manifestations, it can be small erosion, ulcers and tumor-like formations.
Using cystoscopy, you can inspect the walls of the bladder and urethra from the inside, this is achieved thanks to modern optics.
The main methods of treating pathology
Depending on the detected cause, which led to precipitation in men and women, special treatment is prescribed.
In the process of treatment it is necessary first of all to eliminate the factors that contribute to the formation of a precipitate.
If the cause was an infection, then the use of antibacterial drugs would be reasonable.
The most effective are:
In the case of urolithiasis, the use of urolithiasis techniques will be most effective. You can destroy the calculi, as with ultrasound, and crush them when performing cystoscopy.
Pain syndrome eliminated with antispasmodics. Spazmalgon, No-shpa and Baralgin proved their effectiveness. In the absence of a pronounced analgesic effect, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are resorted to. These include Depiofen, Dexalgin, Ketonav, Diclofenac. You can enter them both intramuscularly and intravenously.
The presence of blood in the urine involves the use of hemostatic drugs, aggregates, fibrinolysis inhibitors. The most effective drugs Aminocaproic acid, Vikasol.
With all the recommendations of the attending physician, under his supervision, the sediment in the urine will disappear in a couple of weeks without consequences and complications.
Video: Turbid urine. What reasons? What tests to pass?