Vitamins in beer are found in quite large quantities. In the process of fermentation and subsequent processing, many useful substances are destroyed, but some remain intact. Vitamins, minerals and proteins in beer appear from hops, malt, brewer's yeast and pure water.
Vitamins of group B
Beer contains vitamins of group "B", which are quite a lot. The main source is malt, which is sprouted barley seeds. This material during heat treatment retains all the necessary substances for the body.
Vitamins of group "B" in beer:
Important for the heart and nerve cells. Participates in carbohydrate metabolism (helps to process carbohydrates).
The elderly, athletes, pregnant women, as well as people with various neurological diseases (migraine, myalgia) need an increased dose of this vitamin.
Vitamin "C" and carbohydrates
The content of vitamin "C" - about 30 mg per 1 liter. In the production process of a low-alcohol beverage, ascorbic acid is added to the raw materials in order to avoid processes of unnecessary oxidation, hence its large amount.
Beer is rich in complex carbohydrates (maltodextrins). Their main difference from simple carbohydrates is as follows: the body needs more time to process them, because of this, glucose enters the blood more slowly and gradually. Consumption does not lead to hyperglycemia (increased blood sugar levels).
Other beneficial substances
Beer contains vitamin B, C and PP. The content of other nutrients is also high.
Brewer's yeast saturate the low-alcoholic drink with useful microelements (zinc, copper, chromium, iron, etc.). Magnesium and potassium gets mainly from malt. In the drink is a substance - humulon. It appears from the hops and slows down bone destruction.
Content of the main substances:
- carbohydrates - 20-50 g,
- proteins - 4-7 g,
- alcohol - 30-50 g (non-alcoholic beer also contains alcohol),
- carbon dioxide - up to 6 g,
- water - 800-900 g.
Compared with wine, champagne, brandy - beer is less calorie. The main source of calories is carbohydrates. A person eats a lot, drinking a drink, which subsequently leads to obesity.
Depending on the variety, calorie content may vary.
- In a light beer about 40 Kcal per 100 mg, it is 200 Kcal per floor liter bottle.
- Dark beer is more nutritious - 50 Kcal per 100 mg (a large amount of carbohydrates due to sugar).
- Unpasteurized (live) beer, as a rule, is not filtered. Its caloric content is about 40 Kcal per 100 mg.
- Soft drink less calorie, contains about 30 Kcal per 100 mg.
The benefits of malt
What vitamins are contained in beer? From malt to beer came a storehouse of vitamins of group B. Among them are thiamine, biotin, folic acid, riboflavin and others. These vitamins are stored when roasting the malt. Thanks to beer yeast, any frothy drink also contains trace elements. These are zinc, iron, copper, selenium, chromium and others. Other trace elements, such as potassium and magnesium, come from malt. Scientists have found that one liter of beer contains half the rate of magnesium needed per day for an adult.
“Drunk” trace elements lupulin and humulon
Hops gave beer a wide range of useful substances for humans. Hop fruits themselves have long been used as a bactericidal and anti-inflammatory agent. Hop - source of lupulin. This substance contains essential oils, polyphenols and acids, which not only give the drink a characteristic bitterness, but also act as a natural preservative.
Beer has relatively little calcium, but even without this trace element it is good for bones. Humulon acid is present in hops, which slows down the process of destroying human bones.
Vitamin C and complex carbohydrates
Scientists have for several decades wondered which vitamins in beer increase the benefits of this low-alcohol beverage. So, in addition to the B vitamins, vitamin C was found in beer. The content of ascorbic acid in beer is quite significant, about 20-40 mg / liter.
Another useful component of beer is complex carbohydrates maltodextrins. They are processed in the body more slowly than simple carbohydrates. Due to this, glucose is released gradually, which prevents the appearance of hyperglycemia.
Of course, the presence of such a solid list of trace elements in beer does not mean that this drink should be taken instead of vitamins or dietary supplements. It only says that by moderately using Czech elite beer, you get not only pleasant moments of enjoying the taste, but also a pleasant bonus in the form of useful substances.
Beer history: beer in brief
Talk about beer? There are many supporters of the theory about the benefits of beer, there are those who believe that this drink, like all alcoholic beverages, is extremely harmful. We will not defend any of these points of view, of course, beer is harmful in large quantities, but we'll talk about its undoubted benefits, which are proven and justified.
First, a little history. Beer, according to historians, was a drink that began to be made almost 8 thousand years ago, and the pioneers in this were women, housewives, and only when beer became a commodity, men joined the brewing process. And, in the aftermath, brewing became an exclusively male occupation. On an industrial scale, beer began to be brewed already in the Middle Ages; nowadays, Germany, the Czech Republic and England are especially famous for beer production.
Depending on the density, there are several types of beer, for example: simple beer, as a rule, its strength is 0.5-1.5% by volume, it can be light or dark, there is also draft beer, an indicator of strength of such a beer higher, ranging from 0.5-2.8% by volume, strong, 5-12% by volume, has a rich, bitter taste and whole, by the way almost 90% of beer, which is offered to us from the entire range on the market, just refers to the whole beer, by fortress it can reach up to 7%, non-alcoholic and low-calorie beers are also referred to this type, such beer does not differ in strength Tew, the density of the main composition is much lower here than in the others, therefore the fortress is only 0.3-3% vol.
Beer is a special culture of consumption. Of course, you can drink beer at home by the TV, or in the pub, well, at the lean in the park on the bench. But agree, misted mug, a snack on a silver platter. By the way, beer, by itself, has a rather rich taste, but thanks to various snacks, we get its additional shades, besides, snacking helps us to enjoy the taste of this drink without getting drunk.
The benefits and harm of beer
So, about the benefits. For the first time the fact of the "usefulness" of beer was formulated by the learned Theophrast Bombast Hockenheim, also known by the name of Paracelsus. He wrote that the quotation: “whether the food will be healthy or will be poison is determined primarily by its quantity”. Modern beer - is considered a useful drink, in favor of this statement, said that the beer is prepared from natural products, some of which have been around for hundreds of years, used in homeopathy. As Paracelsus believed, the ideal dose of consumption is 2-3 cups a day, of course, you can drink more, but in this case you should not expect a healing effect from it.
How much can you drink beer
So how much beer is safe for health. More recently, scientists have calculated the rule: safe for your body, the amount of alcohol will be a maximum of 1 g per 1 kg of weight. Thus, for an adult, weighing about 80 kg - you can, without fear of drinking about 2 liters of beer (the corresponding strength).
The composition of beer in the table
Vitamins in beer:
- B1 is thiamine. Plays an important role in the process of metabolism. Responsible for the normal functioning of the digestive, nervous and cardiovascular systems. It activates the work of all internal organs. It is a brain stimulant. Tones the heart muscle and intestines. Improves appetite.
- B2 - riboflavin. Responsible for the elasticity and elasticity of the skin, the condition of hair and nails, due to which it received the name "beauty vitamin" It improves eyesight, helps break down proteins, fats and carbohydrates. It is extremely important for people who are constantly experiencing stress in everyday life.
- B6 - pyridoxine. It is one of the important vitamins of group B. It provides the exchange of amino acids necessary for building protein.
- H (B7) - biotin. Promotes protein absorption. With his participation, lipids decompose. Important in the process of burning fat.
- B3 - nicotinic acid (niacin). Participates in chemical reactions of the body. It is a generator of useful energy that converts proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
- B9, another name is folic acid. Essential for proper functioning of the circulatory and immune systems.
- B5 - is contained in a small amount. Improves the absorption of other vitamins.
- B12 - cyanocobalamin takes part in blood formation (erythrocytes), conducts nerve impulses, blocks fatty tissue degeneration.
Vitamins of groups E and C are powerful antioxidants. An important component of selenium - provides the heart muscle.
As part of the beer also has 5 amino acids. The important role of arginine, lysine, tryptophan, tyrosine and histidine is to clean the body of toxins and slags. They improve the functioning of the digestive system. Thanks to them achieved the "right" cholesterol.
From the malt used in the production of beer, there are more than 30 trace elements. One liter contains about half of the body’s daily need for magnesium, about 40% phosphorus, 20% potassium. Silicon - a trace element that is responsible for the proper deposition of calcium salts in the tissues, helps produce collagen. The state of tissues, organs and body systems depends on it.
Beer is a living product, it is often called "liquid bread." It contains valuable nutrients - plant fiber (fiber). They contribute to the normal functioning of the digestive system, prevent constipation, the development of atherosclerosis and colon cancer cells. Included in the complex carbohydrates are slowly absorbed, reduce cholesterol in the blood, do not allow glucose to be rapidly absorbed.
Hops are added to the brewing process. Inflorescences of female plants are used - thanks to their essential oils and resins, beer acquires a characteristic bitterness and specific aromatic properties. At the same time hop polyphenols are the strongest antioxidants. This is a natural weapon that protects the body from the harmful effects of carcinogens and free radicals.
Alcohol is certainly harmful. All, however, it depends on consumption rates. With a rational and moderate attitude towards beer, it can compete in its therapeutic and prophylactic properties with wine. This is a storehouse of the most important components that ensure the proper functioning of the body.
Varieties and nutritional value
Beer - the oldest drink with a rich history. According to the researchers, our distant ancestors began to use it about 6,000 years ago, when they learned how to bake bread. Beer recipes are a huge amount. It is not surprising that the modern brewing industry produces thousands of varieties and types of this popular beverage.
With such a variety of product, its classification is necessary. The basis is the level of concentration of solids in the wort, in other words - density. It affects the saturation of taste. It is measured before the start of the fermentation process. The generally accepted terms are percentages or degrees of Balling. The density of the following types:
- simple - fortress within 1.5-2%
- draft - fortress level from 0.8% to 2.5%
- whole - strength not more than 7%
- strong - up to 12%
Simple beer can be both light and dark. Strong - has a pronounced bitter taste and the level of impact on a person is akin to wine. Among the admirers of this drink, the most favorite is whole, it is dark and light, alcoholic and non-alcoholic.
Stamped in our everyday life stamp "beer belly" mistakenly suggests that from this drink you can gain excess weight and it is incredibly high-calorie. It's a delusion. Body bulges are most likely the result of an excessive amount of snacks. 100 ml contains not more than 50 Kcal. Approximately the same indicator in kefir.
Humanity came up with tens of hundreds of ways to prepare this product with the addition of a variety of ingredients. Each variety has its nutritional value. The traditional drink contains:
The presence of all these components gives the beer a wonderful ability - to form a lush foam. During fermentation, the sugar contained in the malt is broken down into alcohol and carbon dioxide. Grain contains protein, which when cooked turns into wort. When the drink is poured, carbon dioxide is trying to get out of the liquid, and the protein holds it, stretching its molecules into microscopic films. The naked eye perceives this in the form of a thick, dense foam.
If we take the principle of moderation as a basis, the “pluses” of beer are obvious. We give the main:
- lowering cholesterol,
- strengthening immunity
- improving blood circulation
- prevention of risks of thrombosis,
- strengthening muscle and bone tissue
- lowering blood pressure
- normalization of the digestive system,
- stress relief
- the establishment of the nervous system,
- preventing the formation of cancer cells.
Beer is a valuable ingredient in traditional medicine recipes. It is used in the composition of decoctions in the fight against cough, insomnia, constipation.
Widespread use - in cosmetology. They prepare masks for the face, hands, hair. Beer baths are especially popular.
Your Narcologist recommends: debunking beer myths
Despite all the obvious benefits of this wonderful drink, it is necessary to maintain rationality and remember that all positive moments are possible only with moderate use.
In order not to become a regular patient of the narcologist, to strengthen your health, and not to lose it, you need to consider the following:
- Beer contains alcohol. Systematic drinking of any alcoholic drink inevitably adversely affects the work of the liver and cardiovascular system. Deceptive "lightness" of beer in comparison with other types of alcohol is extremely dangerous in this sense.
- Beer alcoholism progresses faster and less noticeable than other similar types of addiction. One of the bright side effects - the rapid development of dementia.
- Beer is more insidious than vodka. After drinking five or six bottles, you, unnoticed, use a dose of ethyl alcohol, equivalent to a bottle of vodka.
- Beer fermentation produces dangerous fermentation byproducts - methanol, fusel oils, aldehydes, ethers. In this product, their level is extremely high compared to alcohol products from highly purified alcohol.
In conclusion, let us recall the words of the cleverest Syrian thinker Abul-Faraj, who said: "Moderation is an ally of nature and a guardian of health."
Types of beer and history of origin
Archaeologists claim that the first beer appeared in the VIII century BC. However, the mass production of the hop drink began only in the Middle Ages. With the development of trade, brewing was booming. Even then, England, Germany and the Czech Republic stood out among the leading countries. These countries are still considered the most "beer" on the European continent.
This drink can be divided into 4 categories, depending on its strength:
- The most popular is light beer. He has an average fortress, which is 7%.
- Strong has a bitter taste and 12% strength.
- For a draft drink, the alcohol content ranges from 1 to 2.8%.
- The smallest percentage of the fortress is contained in a simple beer.
Unfortunately, many cannot determine the measure of a drink, and therefore often overdo it with a dose. If they are not abused, then you can get tremendous benefits for the body, because there are a lot of vitamins and microelements in beer.
This intoxicating drink contains alcohol, about 4.5% carbohydrates, less than 1% nitrogenous substances, and water. Among the trace elements are the following:
- A huge amount of potassium. A half liter bottle of beer contains 200 mg of this useful item. Potassium strengthens the muscles of the body, including the heart. The lack of this trace element leads to cramps and problems with the nervous system. It regulates the acid-base balance and helps to remove excess water from the body. Potassium is involved in many metabolic processes and does not allow cholesterol plaques to form on the walls of blood vessels.
- By the amount of calcium, beer differs little from milk, but unlike it, it almost does not contain fat and is well absorbed.
- There is a lot of microelement in the beer as zinc. Without it, it is impossible to imagine the normal functioning of the sexual sphere, both men and women. It enhances the action of antioxidants and is itself one of them. Without zinc, it is impossible to build an immune system, and its lack affects the protective functions of the body. It affects the condition of hair, nails and skin. Eating enough zinc daily can help prevent acne and blackheads.
- There are phytoestrogens in this hop drink. Они чрезвычайно позитивно влияют на организм человека и борются с некоторыми видами рака. Постоянный прием фитоэстрогенов способен предотвратить возникновение рака молочной железы, простаты и толстой кишки.
Phenolic acids and polyphenols get to beer thanks to malt and hop. These substances are actively fighting the first signs of osteoporosis. Polyphenol is a powerful antioxidant, which also has antithrombotic and antidote properties.
What are the vitamins in beer?
This drink contains only water-soluble vitamins. Therefore, to the question: is there a vitamin D in beer, the answer is no. Fat-soluble A, D, K, E and C it does not have.
But in beer almost all the vitamins of group B are represented. Especially there is a lot of biotin in it, which is responsible for the health of hair and pyridoxine (vitamin B6). What is useful beer, so it is a huge amount of an important element B2. It strengthens the nervous system, and its deficiency leads to muscle relaxation and anemia. B2 is also necessary for the vision and structure of red hemoglobin.
In short, vitamin B is widely represented in beer. One liter can provide 50% of the daily intake of vitamin B1 and B2. In addition, the bioactive substances of hops act soothingly, and carbon dioxide stimulates muscle activity and blood flow in the lungs and liver. Citric acid contained in this drink acts as a diuretic and, thus, prevents the appearance of kidney stones.
What is useful?
Beer has many useful properties, which many people do not realize. For example, from natural light you can lose weight, despite the fact that it is quite high in calories. Indeed, thanks to the presence of beneficial bacteria, the work of the digestive system starts and intestinal cleansing takes place. In addition, carbon dioxide stimulates the secretion of gastric juice.
Fans of the intoxicant drink are less susceptible to senile insanity and remain for a very long time with a clear memory. No wonder recently talked about the fact that beer can prevent Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.
Due to the huge content of trace elements such as calcium, potassium, silicon and magnesium, bone tissue is noticeably strengthened, and the vitamins in beer only strengthen their properties.
This drink besides benefit can bring and harm. If you drink more than 1 liter daily, you can get the following problems:
- Beer can suppress male sex hormones.
- Due to the presence of female hormones, this drink is not recommended to abuse women at any age. It can cause some types of cancer associated with the female genital sphere.
- It makes the heart work in an enhanced mode. There is even the concept of "beer heart".
Modern scientists have discovered the negative impact of beer on the psyche. If a person becomes aggressive from any alcohol, then beer is just incredibly cruel. No wonder beer parties often end up with murder, violence and fights.
How to drink?
The flow temperature should not exceed 12 degrees. Dark varieties are consumed in winter, and light varieties in summer. Nuts, cheese and shrimps are perfect for cool summer beer. At the same time, it is preferable to drink dark beer with meat or fish. It does not like haste. After the first sip should take a short break and relax. Then gradually finish up the glass to the end.
Drink is recommended to drink from glass or porcelain mugs, wooden and ceramic glasses. Plastic dishes can spoil the taste of even the best "live" beer. In order for the drink not to expire, the glass should be slightly narrowed upwards. The dishes are not specially washed with detergents, but rinsed with hot water.
Doctors do not recommend drinking more than 1 l per day. From the healing drink, it easily turns into poison. For the same reason, it can not be mixed with vodka or other beverages. It is not recommended to use both dark and light beer.