Kidney inflammation in a child is very common. It may be caused by congenital anomalies of the urinary system, as well as occur due to a weakened immune system or as a complication of other diseases. In childhood, the immune system is still imperfect, so the body is prone to the development of inflammatory processes in the body. Since children at an early age cannot yet explain what bothers them, it is very important to know what symptoms of kidney inflammation in children can manifest in order to be able to recognize the disease at an early stage.
General information and types of inflammation
Inflammatory processes of the urinary system can develop at any age. Girls are more susceptible to this than boys, which is due to the peculiarity of the structure of the urogenital system. Kidney inflammation in a child is a pathological process that can cover various parts of the kidneys, disrupting their functioning. Without proper treatment, this can lead to serious complications. Inflammatory processes in the kidneys are defined as nephritis, which has other forms, depending on the location of the nidus.
The most common kidney disease is pyelonephritis, which affects the calyx and pelvis of the organ. Most often it occurs due to hypothermia or under the influence of bacteria. This disease mainly affects children up to seven years. Without proper treatment, it can provoke renal failure.
Also there are such diseases as:
- Glomerulonephritis is an inflammation of the renal tangles that are responsible for filtering urine. Immediately suffer two kidneys. It is an autoimmune disease.
- Interstitial nephritis - inflammation of the intermediate tissues of an organ.
- Tubulo-interstitial - inflammation of the kidney channels.
There are acute nephritis that occurs due to exposure to bacteria, toxins and viruses. Chronic is manifested with the wrong treatment or its absence.
Since the symptoms of the above diseases are similar, to determine the exact diagnosis, you need to consult a doctor and pass the necessary tests.
Inflammation of the kidneys in a child 1 year and older can develop for a variety of reasons. Consider the main ones:
- Congenital malformations of the urinary system.
- Bacterial infections caused by streptococcus, pneumococcus, Escherichia coli. As a rule, provoke inflammation, getting into the body through the urinary tract.
- Autoimmune diseases, such as lupus erythematosus.
- Violation of urine outflow.
- Complications after past viral infections or vaccinations against a background of reduced immunity.
- Lack of fluid intake.
- Inadequate hygiene.
- Exposure to toxins.
- Sometimes the development of the inflammatory process is due to allergic reactions to certain drugs.
- The presence of chronic diseases.
Signs of kidney inflammation in children depend on the form of the disease. In the chronic course of the child's illness, obvious symptoms may not bother, with the exception of general malaise and pain in the lumbar region or abdomen. The temperature of kidney inflammation in children can rise to high values for no apparent reason.
The acute course of the disease is characterized by the following manifestations:
- lumbar pain
- an increase in the abdomen
- temperature rise,
- increased sweating,
- nausea and sometimes vomiting
- paleness of the skin,
- disturbed urination, which can sometimes feel pain,
- change in the color and smell of urine - becomes turbid and has a sharp unpleasant odor,
- skin tingling
- lack of appetite.
In inflammation of the kidneys in a child, the symptoms and treatment will be interrelated.
Features in newborns
Due to the small size of the kidneys in newborns, the inflammatory process is more rapid. Therefore, this pathological condition is very dangerous at this age, because the kidneys in infants perform a large number of functions. The causes of inflammation in children under one year are cystitis, dysbiosis or the common cold.
Due to the fact that a small child cannot say that he is worried, parents should pay attention to such signs as constant crying, bloating, change in the color and smell of urine, diarrhea. Frequent regurgitation, signs of dehydration and pallor of the skin against the background of blue lips and the area around the mouth also appear. Often, these symptoms are mistaken for a manifestation of an intestinal infection.
Children after two years may indicate pain in the back and sides. If such conditions are detected, it is recommended to contact a medical institution as soon as possible for advice. It must be remembered that in young children the development of the inflammatory process can cause life-threatening complications. Taking into account the fact that the symptoms may be mistakenly interpreted in favor of another disease, it is very important to promptly contact a qualified specialist.
If any of the above symptoms are detected, the doctor first of all collects an anamnesis, where he specifies the presence of chronic diseases, allergic reactions, a hereditary factor. Then the patient is sent for laboratory and instrumental studies, including the following procedures:
- general urine analysis,
- urine analysis according to nechyporenko,
- general and biochemical blood test,
- CT scan,
- ultrasound procedure,
- in the case when the treatment does not bring results, and the patient's condition worsens, a biopsy is prescribed,
- urography and others.
These methods allow you to determine the presence of infections in the body, to establish the lesion and evaluate the work of the kidneys.
Treatment of kidney inflammation in children and the installation of an accurate diagnosis is carried out by a narrow-profile specialist - a urologist or nephrologist.
Therapy for inflammation of the kidneys is prescribed by the attending physician individually. At the same time, the child’s condition, the course of the disease and the cause of the disease are taken into account. Treat kidney inflammation in children in several ways. These include conservative and operative therapy, diet and bed rest. Dietary habits should be indicated by the doctor, as in some cases, increased fluid intake is indicated, and in case of severe renal impairment, fluid and salt are limited.
There are cases when conservative methods do not bring results. In this case, as well as in the case of congenital anomalies of the development of the urinary organs, an operation may be indicated.
Treatment with drugs is the main method of getting rid of the disease. At the same time, an important role is given to antibacterial therapy. The drug is selected individually, depending on the causative agent of the disease. Often prescribed drugs such as Amoxicillin, Amoxiclav and others. Also, the doctor prescribes antihistamine, diuretic formulations and drugs that relieve symptoms - febrifugal, painkillers and others.
Very often, in the absence of allergy, children are recommended to take medicines containing natural ingredients. They relieve inflammation and fight bacteria in the urogenital system. Such drugs include "Canephron", "Fitolysin".
Prescriptions for traditional medicine should be applied after consulting a doctor. Plants very well help in the fight against inflammation, but they can only be used after the acute period of the disease has passed.
The composition of herbal, which is used for kidney disease, are the following herbs:
Also in the treatment of good juice helps the potatoes and a decoction of lingonberry leaves.
We must not forget that before using traditional medicine you need to consult a doctor. Thoughtless use of infusions can seriously aggravate the course of the disease.
Surgical intervention is advisable when there is no effect from medication or the presence of kidney stones, anomalies in the structure of organs and the formation of tumors. With the help of the operation, the focus of inflammation is eliminated and the kidneys and urinary tract function is normalized.
The procedure usually takes about 30–90 minutes. After one or two weeks, the patient is discharged.
The lack of timely treatment or illiterate therapy can provoke a chronic course of the disease, which can no longer be completely cured.
The following complications may also occur:
- the formation of kidney stones
- jade development,
- kidney or heart failure
- convulsions and loss of consciousness
- at older age, boys have problems in the reproductive sphere, and girls in the future will have complications during pregnancy.
The first preventive measures in children is hygiene. It is necessary to change the diaper in time, to wash the baby, to monitor the regularity of the chair and emptying the bladder. Avoid hypothermia. Abandon salty, fatty, spicy foods and normalize drinking regime. In the absence of allergy, herbal teas and vitamin complexes are recommended.
If the baby is breastfed, the mother must follow the diet.
It is necessary to completely cure all diseases in order to exclude their transition to the chronic phase.
Kidney inflammation in a child is a dangerous disease, which cannot always be diagnosed the first time. It is necessary to monitor the children, and if certain symptoms discussed in the article appear, consult a doctor as soon as possible. Do not self-medicate, as therapy should be prescribed only after determining the exact diagnosis.
Types of kidney and urinary tract diseases
Diseases of the kidneys and urinary tract can be congenital and acquired. Symptoms of the disease may not appear immediately. Congenital abnormalities include:
- Hydronephrosis A disease that is diagnosed in the second trimester of pregnancy. Pathology develops due to narrowing of the ureter. Urine is not excreted from the body in full, but accumulates in the kidney cups. Cups are increasing in size, their walls are becoming thinner.
- Megaureter. Develops when the urethra valve is weak or undeveloped. In pathology, urine is not excreted, but is thrown back into the organs of the urinary system.
- Multikistosis. A disease characterized by the formation of cysts in the kidney. Developed at a genetic level. If the neoplasms do not interfere with the normal functioning of the organ, treatment is not required, constant monitoring of the child’s condition is sufficient. If the cyst grows in size, surgery is necessary.
- Anomalies of the structure of the kidneys. These include doubling of the kidney or ureter, the wrong structure of the organs. This requires an operation that is best carried out before the child reaches the age of one year old.
Acquired kidney disease:
- Pyelonephritis (we recommend reading: symptoms and treatment of pyelonephritis in a child). A disease in which inflammation of one or several kidneys develops, they are constantly sore. The cause may be hypothermia. If you start the treatment in the early stages, it is enough to do with antibiotics.
- Glomerulonephritis. The cause of the development of pathology can be sore throat or scarlet fever. When the disease affects both kidneys, they lose the ability to filter.
- Kidney cysts. New growths are more often benign, but it is necessary to carefully monitor their size, so as not to miss the onset of cyst growth and the transition to a malignant tumor.
- Renal failure. A dangerous disease that, if delayed in medical care, can be fatal. Developed with pyelonephritis, diabetes, or due to abuse of drugs.
- Nephroptosis. In this pathology, the kidneys are not secured and mobile. The danger is that they are able to twist, stretching and bending the vessels.
- The formation of stones. Most often, the disease occurs due to lack of fluid in the body. You need to make sure that the child consumes the right amount of water every day.
- Cystitis. A disease characterized by inflammation of the bladder. Most often occurs due to hypothermia or infection in the urinary system. At the same time there is a frequent painful urination.
Characteristic symptoms in children of different ages
Signs of kidney and urinary tract diseases in newborns:
- an increase in the abdomen,
- discoloration of urine
- anxiety during or before urinating,
- diarrhea, vomiting,
- yellowing of the skin,
Children older than one year show the following symptoms of kidney and urinary tract diseases:
- lower back pain and abdomen
- change in the amount of urine released,
- drying of the mucous membranes of the upper respiratory tract,
- darkening or discoloration of the urine,
- the presence of impurities in the urine,
- lack of appetite,
- unpleasant smell of urine.
Causes of pathology of the genitourinary system in a child
Causes of kidney disease in children:
- intrauterine infection,
- genital infections
- genetic predisposition
- weak immunity,
- metabolic disease,
- changes in kidney tissue,
- the wrong structure of the genitals,
- the presence of worms in the body,
- operations on the organs of the urinary system.
It is possible to diagnose kidney disease using laboratory and instrumental methods. Laboratory methods to detect kidney inflammation:
- Bacteriological examination of urine. The main analysis, which allows not only to detect the presence of urogenital infection, but also to determine its type.
- General urine analysis. Determines the presence of inflammation, as evidenced by the high content of leukocytes, protein and red blood cells in urine.
- Blood test Also shows the presence of leukocytes in the blood, the number of which increases with inflammatory diseases.
- Ultrasound. Suitable for children of any age. With it, you can determine the size and structure of the urinary system, to detect stones and other abnormalities.
- Mick cystography. Allows you to trace the movement of urine during urination.
- Cystoscopy. It is performed using analgesics, since the procedure involves the introduction of a special device into the urethra. Using this method is determined by the state of the walls of the bladder.
Causes of development
The disease affects girls more often than boys. It all depends on the special structure of the urinary system: a wider and shorter urethra, which is a favorable environment for inflammatory processes.
The reasons for the development of diseases are many:
- Previously transferred infections. These include angina, tonsillitis, bronchitis, acute respiratory infections. Inflammation develops as a complication to the previous disease.
- Weak immunity. Often a sick child has an immune system disorder, which opens up opportunities for the development of new inflammatory processes in the body. Correct the situation can only competent doctor - an immunologist.
- The presence of chronic diseases (diabetes, tonsillitis) increases the risk of developing kidney problems.
- Improper nutrition. A child who since childhood has no restrictions on harmful foods disrupts the normal functioning of many body systems.
- Not enough fluid to drink.
- Hypothermia You must dress according to the weather, keep your legs and lower back warm so that there is no inflammatory process.
- Genetic predisposition - has a large effect on the incidence of the disease.
Types of diseases
Kidney inflammation in a child can be divided into several varieties:
- one way,
- two way.
Among the diagnoses in children often occur:
- Pyelonephritis - A disease affecting the renal cup-pelvis system.
- Glomerulonephritis - A disease in which there is a primary lesion of the renal glomeruli.
- Interstitial nephritis - there is a lesion of interstitial tissue and renal tubules.
TIP: The inflammatory process in the kidneys almost never goes without symptoms.
In a child, kidney inflammation may occur at different ages, and the signs will be slightly different from each other. It all depends on the perception of the baby: an older child can explain where it hurts, will not tolerate many discomfort. The baby will be capricious until the mother turns to medicine for help, where the analysis determines the cause.
Every parent should know the common symptoms of important diseases in order not to start the process until the chronic form.
Often there are vague symptoms that make it difficult to pinpoint the area of inflammation:
- surrounding pains in the abdomen and lower back, turning into the groin, back, legs,
- high fever rising suddenly
- changes in the normal urination process and urine itself.
Young and inexperienced mothers will not be able to determine by the above signs that the problem is in the kidneys. Most often, many lose precious time, do not turn to the doctor.
A few days later, the disease develops more and more, there may be other symptoms of kidney inflammation in children:
- intoxication of the body (nausea, vomiting, headaches, dizziness),
- increased pain in the lumbar region, which in the vertical position of a person can be pulling,
- severe paleness of the skin, sometimes with blue tint,
- bad sleep
- lack of appetite,
- swelling that occurs after sleep, especially on the face and under the eyes,
- strong weakness, unwillingness to play, live an active lifestyle,
- inclusions in urine: blood, turbidity, sediment,
- change in the amount of urine per day (often - a sharp decrease).
Inflammation of the kidneys in infants is not uncommon. The problem is that the baby cannot express exactly what is bothering him.
Newly minted parents should be wary of the following disturbing signs:
- The child does not sleep well, wakes up often, cries in his sleep,
- Lack of appetite, the baby does not take the breast or bottle, from this dramatically loses weight.
- A dry diaper speaks of urination problems, painful sensations are possible during emptying. It is necessary to abandon the use of diapers for a while in order to monitor the situation, because the price of the issue is the health of the baby.
- When a child urinates, you can notice his tension, whims, redness of the face.
- After eating, the newborn often spits up a lot.
- There is a sharp increase in body temperature to high boundaries.
- In the urine there are impurities, the color and smell are pronounced.
There are some signs that indicate the development of a particular disease. In pyelonephritis, in addition to the above points, there may be vomiting or sharp pains, manifested by a loud, piercing cry of the child.
If glomerulonephritis develops, there is an increased edema of the infant, high blood pressure, and protein in the urine. Recent signs can only be determined by laboratory method.
It is necessary to understand that if infants have inflammation of the kidneys, it is urgently necessary to visit a doctor who will prescribe the correct treatment under the supervision of medical personnel in the hospital. Treatment at home or a neglected form can lead to serious complications that can interfere with a child’s life.
Based on the first signs, the doctor should examine the sick baby, assign him a series of examinations that will confirm the diagnosis.
Initially, the following diagnostic methods are performed:
- external examination of the patient
- temperature measurement
- using the method of palpation in the kidney area,
- blood pressure measurement
- purpose of passing general tests.
- Ultrasound of the kidneys.
After the data collected, the doctor may prescribe therapy. At home, can be treated with mild jade, most often, sick children are observed in stationary conditions.
The main goal of therapeutic action:
- remove the inflammatory process of the kidneys,
- to establish the proper functioning of the diseased organ,
- stimulate regenerative processes
- prevent possible complications on the background of the underlying disease.
It is worth remembering that the inflammation of the kidneys in children - the symptoms and treatment - is very individual. The doctor selects the necessary medicines based on the collected material for a specific person. It may not be suitable for another child with similar signs. Also the dosage and duration of medication are different.
TIP: the following drugs should be used in a specific dosage, only as prescribed by the attending physician. Instructions must be fully observed. Thoughtless use of drugs can lead to disastrous consequences.
- Taking antibiotics. They inhibit the action of bacteria that have developed inflammation. Often prescribed children "Augmentin", "Ceftriaxone".
- The appointment of diuretics. They help to normalize the functioning of the urinary system, remove the infection from the body. For severe edema, diuretics are not prescribed or prescribed with caution.
- Antipyretic drugs ("Nurofen", "Paracetamol") are needed to relieve pain, reduce body temperature.
- Antihistamines - are given along with other drugs to reduce the likelihood of an allergic reaction.
- Medicines that stimulate the immune system ("Viferon", "Genferon").
In renal diseases, vomiting, nausea are often manifested, and there is no desire to eat. The doctor usually prescribes a sparing diet for the patient. Products included in it will not overload the work of sick kidneys, from which recovery will be faster.
The clinic where the child is staying should provide a separate meal corresponding to the diet number 7.
- Salty, smoked, spicy, fatty foods, canned goods and pickles are completely excluded.
- limited spices and spices that irritate the gastric mucosa,
- consume enough water per day, calculated by the weight of the child,
- sausages, sausages, all products of industrial production are prohibited,
- You can not eat sauces,
- Meat, fish, mushroom broths are forbidden, it is better to use vegetable, weakly concentrated in soups,
- it is better to refuse tea, soda,
- reduce the amount of vegetable protein.
In a child under one year old, the diet will not change much; fruit and vegetable purees, vegetable soups, lean meat, breast milk or a mixture are included in the diet.
Hello, my name is Maria. My son is 4 months old and recently began to notice a pronounced swelling on his face after sleep. If possible, I will send you a photo for clarity. This manifestation is very disturbing, can this be a problem with the kidneys?
Hello Maria. Swelling in a baby may indicate improper kidney function or inflammation. Are there still bright signs that cause anxiety (moods, poor sleep and appetite)? It is necessary to urgently contact the clinic, where they will conduct a full examination, dispel your doubts. Puffiness can be a sign of many diseases, do not delay with going to the doctor.
Signs that determine renal inflammation
Hello, my name is Margarita. Tell us, please, by what signs can the development of jade in a child, at the age of 3 years, be determined at the initial stage?
Hello, Margarita. Many children of this age are already able to clearly express themselves, so special problems should not arise. The difficulty lies in the fact that in the initial stages many children do not have bright signs. Headache begins, pulling back pain, fever.
After a few days, kidney inflammation develops stronger: the symptoms in children become pronounced. It may be noted problems with urination, impurities in the urine, poor health, vomiting and nausea. Be careful, if you have any doubts, call an ambulance.
Features of treatment
As a rule, the following drugs are used in the treatment:
- Medicines for lowering blood pressure.
- Diuretic drugs.
- Antibacterial agents. When bacteria are detected in the body, antibiotics (penicillins and aminoglycosides) are prescribed. In severe forms of the disease, uroantiseptics are used. The course of antibiotics is 1-2 weeks.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs - Fitolizin, Kanefron, Urolesan. They are made on the basis of medicinal herbs, so long-term treatment is required to achieve the effect. Such agents, as a rule, do not cause side effects.
- Painkillers - Paracetamol, Ibuprofen.
- In severe forms of the disease, surgical intervention is required.
Acute inflammation of the kidneys in children is manifested by the following symptoms:
- Temperature reaction. When the body temperature suddenly rises in the absence of respiratory symptoms.
- Any urination trouble, indicating soreness.
- The change in the quantity and quality of urine (the sick child urinates a little, and the color changes dramatically).
With a chronic inflammatory process, the symptoms may not be: nothing bothers the child. However, during a routine examination, a urine doctor will determine the presence of the disease.
The treatment of kidney inflammation in children is based on the use of antimicrobial drugs, which should be used according to the following principles:
- you can take only those antibiotics that are allowed for children
- the dose of medicine depends on the age and weight of the child,
- the frequency of taking the pills and the duration of the course of treatment prescribed by the doctor.
Parents should strictly follow the advice and recommendations of the pediatrician. This is especially important when using antibacterial drugs.
Of great importance in the treatment of kidney inflammation in children is symptomatic therapy. To bring down the heat, it is necessary to use antipyretic drugs. Excellent effect will give anti-inflammatory drugs. To eliminate problems with urination, it is necessary to use special herbal remedies, uroseptics in the form of decoctions of herbs or medicines. The course treatment prescribed by the pediatrician must be completed in full, in compliance with the principles of antibiotic therapy.
If a child had an acute renal inflammation with incorrect therapy in childhood, the following complications may arise in the future:
- recurrent chronic pyelonephritis,
- interstitial nephritis,
- kidney disease
To prevent inflammation in the kidneys of the child, the mother must strictly observe hygiene. It is necessary to change the diapers in a timely manner, to properly wash the baby, to monitor the regularity of emptying the bladder and intestines.
With age, great importance should be given to the regime and nutrition of the child. It is advisable to exclude from the food bitter, spicy, salty, fatty and canned foods. It is necessary to abandon carbonated beverages, preferring pure or mineral water. You must follow the diet prescribed by the doctor.
Diseases of the urinary system in children need to be timely and properly treated. Attentive parents can always notice signs of inflammation in the bladder and kidneys. When you contact a pediatrician for help, you should carefully and completely follow the doctor’s recommendations. Especially carefully it is necessary to treat antibacterial therapy. All this will be the best prevention of future complications. In addition, to prevent inflammation in the kidneys, it is necessary to strictly observe the hygienic measures necessary for children.
Inflammation of the kidneys is called nephritis. It can manifest itself in different ways, depending on what has become the affected area and how strong the child’s immunity was at the time of illness. Of great importance is also a hereditary factor. Typically, inflammation is provoked by hypothermia. It is worth noting that the inflammatory process is more often observed in girls than in boys, due to the fact that they have a wider and shorter urethra, and this contributes to the speedy penetration of pathogens.
There are such types of inflammation in the kidneys:
- one way,
For the duration of the flow of jade is:
According to the structure of the kidney that becomes the affected area, there are:
- Pyelonephritis is an inflammation of acute nature, is observed in the pelvis, renal parenchyma, and the calyx. Most often, this type of jade is observed in children under seven years of age. In almost all cases, the cause of the development of the pathology is infection of the body with bacteria that enter the kidney with the blood flow from the infection zone.
- Interstitial nephritis. The affected area is the tubules and connective tissue of the kidney, the adjacent blood vessels and lymph are affected. The exact reason for the development of this pathology has not yet been established. Bow to the version that blame immuno-allergic nature.
- Glomerulonephritis. The inflammatory process occurs in the glomerular tissues of the kidney. Characterized by bilateral lesion. Due to the fact that immediately suffer two kidneys, disrupted the process of withdrawal of toxic substances from the child's body. In most cases, this pathology develops against the background of a recent angina or scarlet fever.
If kidney inflammation is diagnosed in children, the symptoms of this disease will include the following specific signs:
- general weakness
- the amount of excreted urine decreases noticeably, a precipitate is observed, flakes are formed,
- decrease or complete lack of appetite,
- pain when urinating,
- localized lumbar pain,
- nausea, vomiting possible,
- pressure surges
- eyelid swelling,
- change in the smell and color of urine,
- a sharp jump in body temperature
- increased sweat
- pallor of the skin, sometimes cyanosis.
It should be noted that at different locations of the affected area, there are characteristic signs:
- Pyelonephritis is characterized by:
- nausea, frequent vomiting possible,
- acute pain, paroxysmal character.
- Glomerulonephritis is characterized by:
- in the study of urine reveal elevated protein and blood.
- Interstitial nephritis is characterized by the almost complete absence of specific signs.
Symptoms of illness in infants
Children of this age group are not able to tell or show where and what they have pain, so it is important to know the symptoms of kidney inflammation:
- moodiness, frequent crying,
- the baby rarely urinates, suffers to the last due to pain when urinating,
- frequent regurgitation, vomiting possible,
- the baby turns red and groans when urinating,
- restless sleep
- decreased appetite
- in the urine is observed clots and foam.
Parents should understand that the disease in a child at that age may be complicated by renal and heart failure, so you should not hesitate; you need to urgently consult a doctor if you have the first suspicions of an inflammatory process in the kidneys.
In order for the treatment to be effective, you must follow special rules:
- Diet. In the diet of the child should be completely absent fried, fatty, spicy salty foods, soda, foods high in preservatives. Food should be enriched with all biologically active substances, vitamin complex.
- Drinking regimen is regulated depending on the presence of characteristic symptoms. With severe edema, the volume of fluid intake is significantly reduced, the child is prescribed to drink up to 400 ml during the day. Otherwise, it is important that the volume of fluid consumed matches the amount of urine secreted.
- Strict bed rest.
- Moderate emotional and mental stress.
It is worth noting that the diet, drinking regime, as well as reduction of physical and emotional stress must be observed after the moment of recovery.
- Herbal preparations have a positive effect on the treatment of pathologies of the organs of the excretory system. However, any use of traditional medicine products is possible only after consultation with your doctor, and should be used only after the symptoms of acute inflammation are removed. Kidney inflammation in a child under one year is not recommended to be treated with traditional methods. In such infants, the inflammatory process can provoke the development of cardiac or renal failure, so treatment should be urgent and immediately effective.
Herbal tea may include:
- rosemary - anti-inflammatory effect, relieves cramps,
- lovage root - diuretic effect, relieves puffiness, bracing effect,
- centaury - has an analgesic effect, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory.
In addition to the above, the herbal harvest can also include celery, parsley or fennel.
There is an independent process of kidney inflammation in children or a complication after the disease. Sore throat, tonsillitis and viral infections are diseases that may precede the development of inflammation. Weak immune protection, individual congenital structure of the urinary organs can also provoke children's nephritis. Chronic processes of diseases that occur in the body, only increase the likelihood of developing pathology. In addition, the age of the baby plays an important role in the possible development of pathology.
Most often, kidney inflammation develops before the age of 5 years.
The most common causes of inflammation are:
No definitive conclusions have been made yet about the pathogenesis of the disease, since kidney inflammation in children can develop even in infants. Most often, the pathology develops due to infection with Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, enterococci and staphylococci. With the development of any source of infection in the body, the carrier of the infection enters the kidney through the blood. Less commonly, infection occurs through the organs of the urinary system.
Types and forms of the disease
The inflammatory process can affect as one kidney, so the two together. The complexity of the process of inflammation is:
According to the cause of the origin of the inflammatory process in the kidneys of the child and the place of his concentration, nephrite is classified:
- Glomerulonephritis. With this type of pathology, the tissue of the glomerulus is damaged. Immediately, two kidneys suffer, as a result of which the process of removing toxins from the body is disturbed. Most often, glomerulonephritis begins to progress 14 days after suffering scarlet fever or sore throat. It is important to establish a connection in time between the transferred illness and the complication that arose in order to prescribe a special treatment.
- Interstitial nephritis. This is a type of pathology in which kidney connective tissue and tubules are affected. The inflammatory process also affects the lymph and blood vessels. The causes of interstitial inflammation are not fully established, many experts believe that in children this pathology occurs against the background of immunoallergic disorders.
- Pyelonephritis. Acute inflammation of the kidney affects the renal parenchyma, calyx and organ pelvis. At risk are children under 7 years of age. The main reason for provoking the development of the process is bacteria. They enter the body through the blood from the source of infection from any body system or from the organs of the genitourinary system.
Using instrumental methods to diagnose kidney disease is uninformative. To make the correct diagnosis, determine the cause of the pathology, prescribe treatment and evaluate further prognosis helps:
- Medical history: heredity, the presence of allergies, past infectious diseases.
- Laboratory research:
- general urine analysis,
- biochemical and complete blood count,
- urine test for the presence of red blood cells, white blood cells, cylinders (according to Nechyporenko).
- Ultrasound of the kidneys.
Treatment of kidney inflammation in children
Jade therapy is a complex process that requires control. After detecting kidney inflammation in a baby, it is placed in a hospital and individually combined treatment is selected. The basis of therapy includes mandatory bed rest, diet, medication, herbal remedies. All methods of therapy are aimed at such goals:
- control of the inflammatory process (its complete elimination),
- normalization of metabolism
- restoration of the full functioning of the kidneys,
- enhance recovery process
- prevention of complications.
There is no difference between the treatment of jade in adults and children. Treatment of viral inflammation of the kidneys begins with antibiotic therapy. Antibacterial drugs are taken into account taking into account the pathogen, determined by analysis. The most commonly prescribed "Amoxiclav", "Cefamandol", "Amoxicillin". In addition to antibiotics, the list of drugs includes bactericidal and bacteriostatic medicines.
Depending on the form of the disease, diuretic, anti-inflammatory, promoting the restoration of renal blood flow activity, and anti-allergic medicines are prescribed to relieve the symptoms of allergy. After recovery, the child will need a course of probiotics, which will restore the intestinal microflora in the body.
Selection of the necessary drugs is carried out only by a doctor; it is forbidden to treat the child independently. The amount needed for treatment and the duration of the reception is also determined by the doctor.
An important method in the treatment of kidney inflammation is traditional therapy. Plants effectively cope with inflammation and do not have a negative effect on the children's body. It is important to know that therapy with medicinal herbs is prescribed only after the acute period of the disease has been eliminated. Herbal preparations are the No. 1 remedy for kidney therapy. As a rule, they include the following herbs:
- centaury has analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial action,
- lovage root has a tonic, diuretic, anti-inflammatory effect, as well as relieves swelling,
- Rosemary relieves spasms, has anti-inflammatory effect, lowers blood pressure.
In addition, in the herbal collection is recommended to use parsley, fennel, celery. In the acute course of the disease, as well as in the defeat of the renal glomeruli, the use of folk remedies is not recommended, since in children under one year this treatment can provoke exacerbations of the disease, renal or heart failure.