Submucous uterine myoma is one of the most aggressive types of the disease. This occurs in about 25-30% of cases.
It is characterized by pronounced severe symptoms, rapid growth and the ability to develop into a malignant tumor. However, the diagnosis is not a sentence yet. Thanks to modern methods, you can get rid of it without losing organs. And after recovery - to conceive and give birth to a child. The main thing is to consult a gynecologist in time and do not hesitate with treatment.
What is submucous fibroids: symptoms and complications
Submucous node, like other types of formations, is benign. Myoma develops in the myometrium, under the mucous membrane of the uterus, and grows in the direction of the organ cavity. The main feature is an intense increase.
Unlike other types of myomatous nodes, a woman will definitely feel that the health of the reproductive system is at risk. The disease will manifest itself in the following symptoms:
- Violation of the menstrual cycle. Its duration becomes less than three weeks. Allocations concern themselves more than seven days. They are characterized by high profusion (more than 100 ml per day), and the presence of blood clots. In addition, may occur in the middle of the cycle itself.
- Intestinal and bladder problems. A large tumor puts pressure on these organs and can cause constipation and frequent urination. And besides, - even visually enlarge the belly
- Difficulties in conception. As a rule, girls with such a diagnosis cannot become pregnant. However, even if a miracle happened, there is a high probability of miscarriage.
- Sharp pains in the uterus and lower back
- Temperature increase
The severe clinical picture of the course of the disease is exacerbated if the woman does not take any measures for treatment.
Sometimes negligence and delay in going to the doctor leads to disastrous consequences. Submucous uterine fibroids can cause the following complications:
- Myomatous node inflamed and, as a result, bleeding can go along with pus.
- Great blood loss leads to anemia, shortness of breath, weakness. Concerned about frequent dizziness and fainting. Woman's nails and hair break
- If the body has a weak immune system, it is possible the occurrence of sepsis
- When pregnancy occurs, in most cases, after about 2.5 months, miscarriage occurs. Myoma does not allow the fetus to develop normally; a submucous tumor is also a mechanical obstacle to labor.
- In case of fixation of the placenta near the nodule, premature detachment can be provoked by the node, which leads to heavy bleeding and severe pain.
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Too rapid tumor growth can lead to its rupture. In this case, the woman feels a strong pain, begins a heavy bleeding. If the patient is not immediately hospitalized, death may occur.
- In very rare cases, the tumor may turn into cancer.
Causes of the disease
The causes of tumors are not known in details. A submucous myoma can be triggered, either by one factor or by a series of reasons.
Of these, doctors distinguish:
- Excess weight
- Excessive physical activity
- Hormone failure
- Stress, depression, experiences
- Lack of physical exertion
- Malnutrition, regular diets
- Termination of pregnancy and other manipulations in the internal organs of the reproductive system
- Genetic predisposition
- Inflammation of the fallopian tubes, ovaries, cysts
- Hormone-based contraceptive use is too long
- Lack of childbirth and breastfeeding up to 28-30 years
- Systematic dissatisfaction after intercourse
Types of submucous myoma
It is noteworthy that there may be several formations. In addition, the tumors from the submucous arrangement are divided into types:
- Zero - when uterine fibroids, located below the mucous membrane, rests on the leg and does not grow into muscle tissue.
- The first is that only a small part of the formation has sprouted into the muscles.
- The second - the prevailing area of submucous fibroids has grown into the muscle tissue of the uterus
- The third - the tumor is connected with the mucous membrane, between them there is no muscle layer
If symptoms of the disease appear, it is better not to postpone a visit to the gynecologist. After all, the fact that the fibroid began to bother can testify: it is rather big in size and is in the active growth phase. By the way, other gynecological diseases, for example, Saktosalpinx (inflammation of the fallopian tubes), have similar symptoms. Therefore, an accurate diagnosis can only be made by a doctor after a thorough examination. For this is carried out:
- External ultrasound, it provides an opportunity to see the overall picture of the state of the pelvic organs, determine the location of fibroids and the number of formations
- Transvaginal ultrasound is performed using a transducer that is inserted through the vagina. Allows you to determine the size of the uterus and detect even the smallest nodes.
- Hysteroscopy examines by introducing a special device through the genital tract. This method is used not only to diagnose, but also to remove some nodes or biopsy.
- Echography. Special sensors determine the exact size of uterine fibroids, and are also able to track the blood circulation inside the node. The method allows you to understand the pace of development of fibroids with submucous growth.
Treatment and Prevention
Since the submucous myoma of the uterus is actively and rapidly developing, treatment with a conservative method does not allow to completely defeat this ailment.
It is advisable to take medications when the size of the uterus with a submucous node does not exceed 12 weeks, and the tumor is 2 cm in diameter. The action of drugs is aimed at alleviating the symptoms of the disease and slowing its development. If the formation is characterized by dynamic growth, then we are talking about the size of fibroids for the operation, and reaches, usually in weeks from 12 cm in diameter and above.
At the same time, hormonal or non-hormonal therapy may be prescribed. Anyway, most drugs are aimed at regulating hormones that contribute to the growth of education - estrogen and progesterone.
Given that the submucous form is sufficiently active, it is important to understand how quickly it develops during diagnosis. If it is relatively slow, women who will soon have a menopause can do without surgery. When regressing the site there is a chance that he will not be disturbed until menopause. And during menopause, the formation usually dries out.
In addition, medication therapy can be prescribed for too large nodes, as in this case, surgery is dangerous.
Previously, submucous leiomyoma (fibroids) was completely treated only by removal together with the uterus. In modern medicine, methods have been developed that allow one to get rid of the disease, to preserve all important female organs, to conceive and give birth to a child. Depending on the diagnosis, a radical method can be recommended - without preserving organs.
The main methods of treatment:
- Hysteroresectoscopy - today it is the most benign way. Through the external genital tract, a special instrument is introduced into the uterus, which is equipped with a small chamber. Then, submucous fibroids are gradually removed by layers, without damaging healthy tissue.
- Laparoscopy. Suitable for eliminating mixed forms of education, for example, when the tumor is interstitial, that is, on the border of two layers. For such an operation, a small incision is made in the abdominal wall, approximately 1 cm in diameter. The doctor operates a laporoscope - a tube-shaped device equipped with optical lenses and a camera.
- Uterine artery embolization, performed by microsurgical technique. A special substance is inserted through the catheter that blocks the uterine artery. Due to this, the blood supply of the formation is stopped, and it gradually decreases. Manipulation is done under local anesthesia, and the recovery period lasts a maximum of a week.
- Hysterectomy - Uterus amputation, the submucous form of the formation is removed along with the organ. Sometimes during the operation, the ovaries and fallopian tubes are removed.
- Mechanical myomectomy. A special device fixes the node through the cervical canal, and then removes it by unscrewing it. Such an operation is recommended to remove large formations. It takes about an hour.
- FUS ablation - a relatively new method of dealing with myoma. The doctor remotely focused on the tumor by ultrasound. The method is used to treat several formations. However, there is a danger of burning the abdominal wall or intestines. But this happens in 1-2% of patients.
- Uterine fibroids embolization
- Laparoscopy fibroids
Even having coped with the illness, do not forget about visits to the doctor. This form of uterine fibroids - very insidious, possible relapse.
Therefore, to forget about the disease once and for all, you should follow certain rules: eat right, take vitamin and mineral complexes, do not abuse sunbathing, trips to the solarium and saunas, take medicines only with the permission of the doctor, in case of menopause, do not drink drugs to relieve symptoms on their own - only a doctor can assign any hormonal remedy, after passing the necessary tests.
What it is?
This is a benign growth that occurs in the tissues of the uterus, and its growth is directed into the organ cavity.
Unlike other myomatous tumors, submucous fibroids grows rather quickly, has quite pronounced symptoms and often provokes malignant education.
Another name for submucous fibroids is uterine submucous leiomyoma, of all myomas, this form accounts for about 30% of cases.
The relationship of submucous fibroids and infertility is very close - every fifth woman diagnosed with infertility, nodes in the uterus - this is the only reason that prevents the onset of conception.
The submucous node formed from connective and muscular tissue has an extensive network of blood vessels.. The size of the node can reach 25 cm.
Types of education
Any fibroids can be single or multiple, that is, consist of one node or several.
Submucous fibroids are classified as follows.:
- type 0 - Myoma is located entirely in the uterine cavity, and is connected to the wall of the body through the leg,
- type 1 - such a myoma has no legs, and the node is connected to the muscular layer of the organ,
- type 2 - education is located inside the uterine wall, and inside the uterus bulges slightly,
- type 3 - The tumor is also completely located inside the uterine wall, however, its upper part is covered not with muscle fibers, but mucous.
Reasons submucous node formations are as follows:
- a failure in the hormone balance,
- late onset of the menstrual cycle
- pathological changes in the ovaries,
- overweight or sudden weight loss
- too much physical exertion on the body or lack thereof,
- frequent stressful situations
- unfavorable ecological situation
- poor or inadequate nutrition,
- the presence of infectious diseases in chronic forms,
- too frequent change of sexual partners
- difficult childbirth, cesarean, the presence of intrauterine device, abortion,
- genetic predisposition
- lack of sex,
- sexually transmitted diseases
- problems in the work of the endocrine glands, especially thyroid and adrenal glands,
- long-term oral contraceptive use,
- lack of orgasms
- inflammatory processes
- lack of childbirth to 30 years,
- long sun exposure, including a visit to the solarium.
The early stages of submucous fibroids may not manifest themselves, and can only be diagnosed during a gynecological examination or using hardware diagnostics.. As soon as the myoma node reaches a certain size, it is impossible not to notice the manifestation of submucous fibroids.
Menorrhagia or polymenorrhea - severe blood loss during menstruation, which occurs due to contractile dysfunction of the uterus.
Between menstruation in women can observe the presence of blood clots, which provokes the development of anemia. Patients complain of problems with hair and nails, tachycardia, and increased fatigue.
Submucosal myoma provokes cramping pain that can be felt not only in the lower abdomen, but also in the lumbar region. Large formations can squeeze the intestines or bladder, which can cause constipation or frequent urination.
Increase the size of the abdomen the patient is an external sign of the presence of submucous fibroids, this phenomenon occurs due to the rapid growth of the node.
Uterine fibroids vary according to different criteria.
- Underbelly orsubserous - located on the outer surface of the body, and exerts pressure on the abdominal cavity. This type of fibroids can be of three types - type 0 (presence of a leg), type 1 (slight contact of an organ tumor), type 2 (most of the formation is in the wall of the uterus).
- Intermuscular orintramural - localized in the tissues of the muscles. This is the most common type of fibroids. A characteristic feature is the change in the organ contour due to the squeezing of the internal space.
Also uterine fibroids differ in appearance:
- Nodular fibroids are round smooth formations that can consist of one or several nodes. This is the most common type.
- Diffuse fibroids - muscle tissue increases, but there is no well-formed node. This phenomenon is most often observed in the presence of chronic inflammatory processes.
By the size of fibroids vary:
- minor myoma - up to 2 cm
- average - up to 6 cm
- large - more than 6 cm.
The classification with respect to the axis of the uterus looks like this.:
- corporal - education in the body of the body,
- cervical - tumor growth is directed into the vagina,
- isothermal - mainly causes problems with the discharge of urine.
Given the variety of uterine myomas, treatment each patient should be individualized; therefore, to select a competent therapy, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
To determine the presence of education in the uterus allows regular gynecological examination. To accurately determine the size, classification and localization of fibroids appointed ultrasound examination of the body.
Hysteroscopy - a very informative research method, which is carried out using a special optical apparatus.
In addition to diagnosis, during this procedure, some fibroids can be removed.
May also be appointed:
- transvaginal ultrasound,
- x-ray examination
- MRI or CT scan.
Since anemia very often develops in submucous myoma, a low level of hemoglobin can be detected in a clinical blood test..
Is treatment possible without surgery?
The main method of treating submucous myoma is of course its surgical removal, but hormone preparations can be used in the early stages.
This treatment is most often prescribed for women over 40, because they are close to menopause, or for women who are planning a pregnancy.
Drug treatment is indicated in the following cases.:
- tumor size does not exceed 12 obstetric weeks,
- slow growth of education
- age after 40-45 years
- pregnancy planning.
As a rule, the following are appointed drugs:
- androgen derivatives,
- gonadotropin analogues.
As for specific drugs, they should be prescribed by a doctor. This could be Gestrinon, Triptorelin, Zoladex and others..
Do not interfere with vitamin complexes, as well as drugs that will eliminate anemic syndrome.
Drug treatment aims to preserve the fertility of women, because after surgery, the chances of pregnancy are reduced.
To date, there are the following methods for the rapid removal of fibroids:
- Hysteroresectoscopy - the least traumatic surgical method, in which a special instrument with a camera is inserted into the uterus through the reproductive tract. Fibroids are removed in layers, and healthy tissue remains intact.
- Laparoscopy. In this case, several small punctures are made in the abdominal wall, and the tumor is removed using a laparoscope. Most often, such an intervention is prescribed for interlayer fibroids.
- Embolization of the arteries. This intervention is based on blocking the uterine artery, as a result of which the formation ceases to receive nutrients, and gradually degrades.
- Hysterectomy - This is the complete removal of the uterus along with education. In some cases, the tubes and ovaries can also be removed.
- Myomectomy. The knot is unscrewed and removed through the cervical canal. Shown in large formations on the leg.
- FUS ablation - removal of the tumor by ultrasound.
Causes of pathology
Doctors do not agree on what factors provoke pathology. One thing is clear - the tumor is actively expanding with hormonal disorders. In addition, the most common causes of neoplasia growth are:
- Excess weight, excessive thinness.
- Heavy physical exertion.
- Frequent stress, depression.
- Regular dissatisfaction during sexual intercourse.
- Abortions and other intrauterine manipulations.
- Late delivery and lactation.
- Long taking hormonal drugs.
It is impossible to unequivocally name the cause of submucous fibroids, it is detected only after a thorough examination of the patient. However, the most common factor is hormonal imbalance.
Experts share myoma with submucous arrangement of formations on the multiple and single. In addition, there are certain types of pathology:
- 0 type - the tumor rests on the leg, is localized under the mucous membrane, but does not grow into muscle tissue,
- 1 - slightly grows in muscle tissue,
- 2 - the node is mostly sprouted in muscle tissue,
- 3 - the absence of muscle tissue between the tumor and the mucous membrane.
When the interstitial-submucous type of uterine fibroids is diagnosed, the node is localized superficially, therefore, in case of pathology, the woman may become pregnant. Fibroids of this species are rarely detected in the expectant mother, since a tumor in the uterus interferes with fertilization.
Symptoms of submucous fibroids
The most common symptom of uterine fibroids with submucous node is bleeding, which appears both during menstruation and regardless of them. A woman complains of prolonged menstruation, severe blood loss, pain. In pathology, menstruation lasts more than a week and is accompanied by the release of blood with clots in an amount of more than 100 milliliters.
Due to the large loss of blood, anemia occurs, which causes weakness and dizziness. If the tumor is pressing on the internal organs, the woman suffers from constipation, diarrhea, frequent urination, cramping pain emanating from the uterus, which gives to the lower back. With the active development of fibroids, symptoms such as an increase in the abdomen and difficulty with fertilization occur.
The method of treatment may vary depending on the stage of the pathology, its size and location. If the tumor is less than 5 centimeters and is located in the intracavitary region, surgery is not required. Large education is treated in three stages: removal of the accessible part, hormonal preparations, removal of the remaining part. Sometimes hormone therapy is prescribed first, followed by elimination.
Conservative treatment is prescribed for small myomas (less than 2 cm). In this case, the uterus should not be more than 12 weeks of pregnancy. Most commonly used such groups of drugs:
- Androgens. Used to reduce the amount of hormones of female origin, by increasing the male. The group includes Omnadren 250,
- Antigonadotropins. Needed to inhibit the production of gonadotropic hormones. Preparations - Gestrinon, Danazol,
- GnRH agonists. They block the production and activity of luteinizing and follicle-stimulating hormones. Drugs stimulate the occurrence of false menopause. The group includes Buselerin, Triptorelin, etc.
Hormonal treatment may cause some adverse reactions, consider this nuance.
Hysterectomy (removal of the uterus) is a radical method that requires the amputation of the entire organ, and sometimes the ovaries and fallopian tubes. Naturally, after such an operation a woman will not be able to give birth anymore. Hysteroscopic removal is performed with a special tool and is prescribed in severe cases when it is impossible to save the genital organs.
Sizes for operation
The operation is assigned in cases where there is a large node size (more than 11 mm), and it continues to grow. If the tumor is small, conservative therapy is usually used. The sizes for operation are defined by the doctor.
If the uterus reaches 12-15 weeks of pregnancy, surgery can not be avoided. In addition, the testimony also includes the disruption of the functioning of organs, comorbidities, bleeding, pain, torsion of the legs.
Submucous fibroids and pregnancy - a great danger to the fetus. Bearing is possible only with small education. In future mothers rarely find a benign tumor, as it interferes with conception.
Treatment without surgery folk remedies
Doctors allow treatment with alternative medicine only if the nodes are not dangerous. Often, girls try to cure uterine myoma with folk remedies with the help of douches, tampons, ointments and candles. Below are some effective methods:
- Propolis - a special drink for oral administration is prepared from the tincture (20%). You need to add 20 drops of propolis to water or milk and drink before a meal. The course of treatment is 20 days, then wait 10 days and repeat the course.
- Borovaya uterus - an infusion is made from “female” grass. You need to take 2 tsp of grass, pour 250 mg of hot water, but not boiling, steamed in a water bath for 5 minutes, insist 3 hours, drain. Take a decoction, starting from the third day of the cycle, interrupting the reception, while they go monthly. Infusion can and douche.
- Flax seeds - a recipe from Vanga, restoring hormonal balance. It is necessary to take 4 tsp seeds, pour 0.5 boiling water, boil over low heat, take ½ cup 3-4 times a day, half an hour before meals, for 2 weeks.
It is important to understand that treatment of submucous fibroids without surgery is possible only at the initial stage. Before using folk remedies, consult your doctor.
The main preventive action is regular visits to the gynecologist. This will allow you to identify pathology in time and treat it in a timely manner. In addition, avoid such manipulations:
- Frequent abortions
- Uncontrolled hormonal intake of various drugs and birth control pills,
- Lack of childbirth, late childbirth and lactation,
- Frequent partner changes, etc.
If you follow personal hygiene and adhere to the recommendations, pathology can be avoided.
Nodes with a submucous arrangement must be properly treated, lack of therapy or improper removal leads to negative consequences:
- The birth of a tumor is a phenomenon accompanied by pain and heavy bleeding.
- Anemia - comes from constant blood loss and causes various disorders in the body, from which organs and systems are seriously affected.
- Miscarriage and premature birth if pregnancy is present.
- The emergence of oncology.
- Detachment of the child's place with shock and heavy bleeding.
- Sepsis with poor immunity.
- Inflammation and infection of the tumor with the release of pus.
Complications can be very serious, so timely treatment is necessary.
The prognosis is favorable if you quickly identify uterine fibroids, the treatment of which it is desirable to begin immediately. Sometimes there is enough conservative therapy, but may need to be removed. Modern methods are effective, gentle, painless. Do not be afraid of treatment, then no complications will arise.
Irina, 40 years old
They performed laparoscopy and hysteroscopy. They made 3 holes in the stomach and thighs, first they took out one part of the tumor, the one inside the uterus, then the second, outside the organ. I agreed to be removed due to prolonged periods and pain during sex. Two months passed, the spotting remained and a little bit the place of removal during orgasm.
Natalia, 36 years old
I went to the hospital with anemia, found a submucous nodule of 3 cm, which deforms the uterus. I did not give birth, doctors say, the reason is this. Offered hysteroresectoscopy, the operation lasted about an hour and under general anesthesia. Recovery lasted 2 weeks, now we plan pregnancy with the husband.
Svetlana, 30 years old
I was cured with hormonal drugs, the stage is not running, so the operation is not needed yet. I'm afraid there will be a relapse. As she arrived from the hospital, read reviews on the forums, some girls had a new tumor. I hope that this problem will not overtake me, I am very afraid to do the operation. Doctors advise to conceive a child before it is too late, I am still afraid.
The reasons from what appears
Submucous myoma of the uterus is a fairly common disease and accounts for about 30% of the total number of uterine masses. The disease is mainly recorded in women of reproductive age. According to experts, the disease most often develops amid disruption of hormonal balance.
Nodes are formed on the smooth muscle tissue of the uterus. There are:
- submucous leiomyoma of the uterus on a thin leg,
- submucous leiomyoma on a broad basis.
The main reasons for the appearance of pathology are:
- Hormonal imbalance,
- Late menstruation,
- Ovarian pathologies,
- Overweight, also dramatic weight loss,
- Excessive physical exertion, also lack of physical exertion,
- Constant stress
- Malnutrition and poor ecology,
- Chronic infectious diseases
- Frequent change of sexual partners
- Damage to the lower abdomen,
- Frequent abortions, intrauterine device, difficult delivery and cesarean section,
- Venereal diseases,
- Pathologies of glands involved in the process of hormone production, in particular the adrenal gland and the thyroid gland,
- Prolonged use of contraceptives
- Lack of childbirth and lactation before the age of 30,
- Constant dissatisfaction after sex,
- Abuse of sunburn, frequent visits to the solarium.
Unlike other types of uterine myomas, submucous fibroids grow very quickly, and the symptoms are always pronounced. The main features are:
- Acyclic uterine bleeding,
- Excessive bleeding during menstruation, accompanied by severe pain,
- Monthly cycle exceeding 7 days
- Dyspnea, weakness, problems with nails and hair,
- Increased fatigue, indifference to the outside world,
- Cramping pain in the lower abdomen and lumbar region,
- Infertility. Myoma can act as a spiral and interfere with the fertilized egg to implant in the wall of the uterus,
- Frequent urination,
- Chronic constipation
- Blood clots during menstruation,
- Enlarged abdomen with large tumor sizes.
An interstitially localized tumor with growth inside the cavity and a rapidly growing submucous node increase the severity of menstrual bleeding, which is explained by an increase in the volume of the inner surface of the uterus and a failure of the uterine contractility.
Severe pain occurs as a result of the knot on the leg moving in the direction of the neck. The reproductive organ tries to push the knot out, considering it to be a foreign body in the cavity, but because of the vascular pedicle it fails. As a result of contractions pain appears. Sometimes these cramping pains lead to everlasting uterus.
The submucosal node receives sufficient nutrition, due to which it quickly grows in size. According to the research of specialists, nodes for 2 months can increase several times, causing bleeding and pain.
Submicose nodes are divided into several types:
- Null. Uterine fibroids located below the mucosa, rests on the leg and does not grow into muscle tissue.
- The first. Only a small part of the tumor grows into the muscles.
- Second. The prevailing area of submucous fibroids grows into the muscle tissue of the uterus.
- Third. The tumor is connected with the mucous membrane, between them there is no muscle layer.
You can confirm the diagnosis by palpation. It is not difficult for a specialist to detect a dense submucous node. If a mirror is used during the examination, a whitish seal with a vascular picture is fixed. In the uterus, dense submucous nodes are found that can grow to large sizes. If the blood circulation of the submucous nodes in the uterus is disturbed, the growths become painful.
Laboratory research methods
Assigned complete blood count. Important indicators of submucous fibroids are reduced hemoglobin levels, a decrease in color index and the percentage of red blood cells. Also moderate leukocytosis, acceleration of erythrocyte sedimentation rate is recorded.
From the vagina and cervix take swabs to determine the associated diseases.
Separate curettage of the mucous membrane of the cervical canal and the uterine cavity is performed. Such a survey allows to determine the degree of growth of the endometrium and the presence of estrogen-dependent fibroids. The results help to determine the need for the use of progestin hormone drugs before and after the operation.
Instrumental research methods
The effectiveness of the treatment of uterine submucous fibroids depends on the correct diagnosis and complete information about the location of the neoplasm and its condition. Use a number of instrumental methods to obtain an accurate and accurate picture.
Sonography (ultrasound) using transabdominal sensor
The method is quite affordable, not invasive and convenient. The informativeness of ultrasound research is high. In the enlarged uterine cavity, oval or rounded formation configurations with regular contours are determined.
If during the examination revealed necrosis, determine the heterogeneity of the structure of fibroids. In older patients, there may be a calcification zone.
Transabdominal sensors are used to examine formations from 10 cm and more.
The use of transvaginal convex sensors with high resolution gives the ability to detect submucous leiomyomas as small as 3 mm.
In modern medicine, ultrasound uses three-dimensional research, which is separated by a large informative opportunity.
Hydrosonography. It is an ultrasound study using a contrast solution. The survey allows you to accurately determine the size and location of the nodes, the degree of deformation of the inner wall of the genital organ. It is possible to conduct a differential diagnosis with focal forms of adenomyosis and endometrial polyps (zones are distinguished by less echogenicity).
Doppler ultrasound. In the course of the survey, it is possible to monitor the characteristics of blood circulation in and around the myomatous formation, to assess the degree of blood supply and deformation of the structure, to predict its further progression. The method helps in choosing the right treatment tactics.
Hysteroscopy. Inspect the uterine cavity on the screen by inserting an endoscopic device (hysteroscope) into the cavity of the optical system. The device has a 5 - 15 - fold increase, which gives the ability to detect even very small in size education, to determine the nature of their surface, texture, base width. The device allows you to see large-or small-point hemorrhages, dilated and elongated blood vessels under the injured mucous membrane layer.
What is dangerous submucous myoma
According to statistics, submucous myomas are found most often in women under 40 years of age, and the disease takes about 30% of all types of myomas.
Occasionally, such a neoplasm develops in the cervix. It has a tendency to malignancy.
The submucous form of fibroids is also dangerous due to the rapid growth rates. Basically, drug treatment can stop the increase and progression of the disease.
Depending on the size of the nodes, surgical intervention for the purpose of absolute cure is indicated. The nodes of submucous fibroids quickly grow, they are listed to benign tumors.
With and without blood flow. What is it?
With simple myoma, a single peripheral blood flow is recorded, and with proliferating, an intense central and peripheral intra-swelling blood flow.
Symptoms of the disease become more pronounced as the size of the fibroids increases, which can cause malnutrition of the tumor, as a result of failures in the blood supply. Lack of blood flow increases the risk of torsion of the myoma node. The patient complains of pulling or sharp pain, radiating to the lumbar region, legs, perineum. Necrosis occurs, the pain gradually increases, a symptom of peritoneal irritation and signs of ‘’ acute abdomen ’’ appear.
Conservative and surgical treatment is used for the treatment of submucous fibroids. The choice of the necessary method of treatment is made by the doctor on the basis of diagnostic studies, depending on the size, condition, location of the neoplasm.
In the initial stages of the disease, all efforts are directed at getting rid of the nodes using medications, using certain drugs that stop the growth of the tumor. The indications for surgery are the large size of the tumor and the dynamics of its growth. If the patient is in reproductive age, conservative treatment is mainly used in order to preserve the reproductive organ and the ability to have children after treatment.
Apply the following types of surgery:
- Laparoscopic Myomectomy. Myoma is removed using a laparoscope. The disadvantage of this method is the risk of the formation of new nodes. After surgery on the uterus, scars remain that require monitoring during pregnancy. The advantage of the method is the preservation of the reproductive organ, a short period of rehabilitation, the possibility of preserving reproductive function.
- Hysteroresectoscopy. Myoma is removed through the vagina using a hysteroscope.
- Hysterectomy. The operation is aimed at complete removal of the uterus. It is used for large tumor sizes, when the formation has a size of more than 12 weeks, and the decision of the woman in the future not to have children.
Показателями для ампутации матки также являются:
- крупный узел в сочетании с опущением матки или выпадением,
- the rapid growth of tumors,
- suspicion of reincarnation in cancer
- severe anemia
- the presence of legs, which increases the likelihood of torsion,
- the location of the tumor in the neck area,
- squeezing of adjacent organs,
- endometrial cancer.
The operation is performed under general anesthesia. Basically, only the uterus is removed, and the cervix and ovaries remain, if not affected by the lesion focus.
Treatment of folk remedies
When submucous myoma does not reach large sizes and there are no indications for surgery, traditional methods of treatment are used in parallel with conservative therapy. Different plants and medicinal herbs are used, from which tinctures are prepared, baths and douching with the addition of decoctions are made of them, the use of home remedies inside is also recommended.
It is possible to acquire a boron uterus both in a pharmacy, in finished form (tincture), and cook at home. Not recommended for use in conjunction with hormonal and contraceptive agents, also during pregnancy, lactation and the monthly cycle.
10 g of a dry plant is poured with 200 ml of warm water and simmered on low heat for 5 minutes. After insist 3 hours. Take 1 tbsp. l three times a day.
50 g of the plant is poured with one 0.5 l of vodka and insist 4 weeks. Take 40 drops three times a day before meals. The tincture is added to water.
Tincture is obtained by adding 0.5 l of vodka to 50 g of crushed grass. Insist the mixture in a dark glass container in the period of one month. The solution is shaken periodically. Take 3 times a day, before meals. The course is 30 days. If necessary, make a break for 10 days, then repeat the use.
Tincture is used for douching. 1 tsp. tinctures diluted in 0.5 liters of boiled water, cooled to room temperature. The procedure is repeated in the morning and evening, the duration of douching should not exceed 15 minutes. The course is 7 days. After you have to take a break for a week and repeat the procedure.
The tincture of the plant is prepared from 50 g of dry crushed grass (its aboveground part), which is poured with 0.5 liters of vodka and insisted for 10 days. In the water, add 30 drops of tincture and take before meals three times a day.
Effective mixture is a tincture of wintergreen, pine forest uterus and wintergreen. 50 g are taken from each plant in dried form. Collection pour 1.5 liters of vodka and insist in a dark place for 2 weeks. Use 1 tsp., 3 times a day.
10 g of celandine, St. John's wort, motherwort, nettle, valerian root, train, hawthorn, rosehip and mint pour 1 liter of boiling water and insist during the day. Take twice a day and 1 tbsp. l
Honey and Oil Tampons
In a deep bowl mix tar, butter and honey (10 g each). The swab is moistened in the mixture and placed in the vagina overnight. On the second day they make a tampon with camphor oil. Methods alternate for 25 days.
Hemp seeds are boiled and consumed 3 times in a coffee cup for two weeks.
The crushed roots of the plant are laid out in a container and poured boiling water. 700 ml of water are added to 10 g of root powder. Leave 30 minutes under the lid. Take three times a day, before meals.
Submucous fibroids - is pregnancy possible?
It is not always possible to get pregnant with uterine myoma, as myoma nodes squeeze the fallopian tubes, disrupting ovulation and preventing the fertilized egg from attaching to the uterus.
Another obstacle preventing pregnancy is that the nodes increase uterine contractility. The condition leads to miscarriage.
However, you can get pregnant with uterine myoma. If myomatous nodes are of small size and a change in the cavity is not fixed, pregnancy may occur. The condition requires constant monitoring by doctors.
If you have fibroids on a thin leg during pregnancy, there is a risk of twisting it, which can be a reason for abortion. Before conceiving a child, such nodes must be removed.
If studies confirm a tendency of rapid growth of a neoplasm (size increases 2 times in six months), then it is not advisable to plan a pregnancy with uterine myoma. In this case, there is a high risk of growth of submucous fibroids, fraught with eating disorders in the myoma node, as well as with the risk of miscarriage. The condition requires surgical intervention.
Often submucous fibroids and pregnancy are compatible. But the condition is quite dangerous in terms of the development of placental deficiency in the middle periods.
Can I give birth with large sizes
If the presence of large uterine fibroids (greater than 10 to 12 weeks) is confirmed, planning to conceive a child is not recommended because there is a high risk of miscarriages and the occurrence of blood flow failures in the nodes of fibroids during pregnancy. The condition leads to an emergency operation.
The onset of pregnancy in the presence of large nodes is unlikely, since most of these cases are accompanied by impaired endometrial structure, which is an obstacle to the attachment of the embryo.
If the pregnancy has occurred and the tumor has grown to a large size during gestation, a woman is offered a caesarean section. During caesarean section, nodes are rarely removed, as there is a risk of large blood loss after removal of fibroids. The exceptions are tumors located along the suture, that is, tumors on the anterior wall. The presence of fibroids causes complications of childbirth:
- early detachment of the placenta,
- bleeding caused by this
- incomplete detachment of the placenta,
- weakness of generic activity.
After delivery, the uterus is poorly reduced, which often leads to blood loss in the postpartum period.
The neglected state in submucous myoma of the uterus can lead to serious complications, even malignization of the tumor. Periodic preventive examinations at the gynecologist, compliance with the recommendations of specialists, will prevent the development of the disease, since the disease detected at the initial stage can be treated in a shorter period of time and irrevocably.
Reviews of treatment without surgery
You can leave your feedback, recommendations and just comments about submucous uterine myoma, below, they will be useful to other users!
I am only 35 years old. She turned to a gynecologist because of pulling pains in the lower abdomen and intermenstrual bleeding. I was very scared when the doctor said that I have a submucous myoma of the uterus, I thought that only surgery could be the solution. Calmed down when prescribed conservative treatment with hormonal drugs. Taking pills combined with taking boron uterus tincture. The pain gradually passed, the cycle became normal. Ultrasound showed that the nodes began to decrease.
She was treated for submucous fibroids by way of embolization of the arteries of the uterus. The method allowed to save the uterus, the rehabilitation period was almost not required. I pass the survey twice a year. So far, the results are good.
Against the uterine nodes took a tincture of red brushes, combining healing broth with drugs. Nodes were not large, probably this was due to the positive course of the therapeutic course. Pain and other severe symptoms of the disease passed within 30 days. I accept the tincture intermittently, for the purpose of prevention, I feel healthy.
Submucous uterine myoma
Submucous uterine myoma in medicine is also called submucosal myoma, as it develops under the endometrium. The neoplasm is benign in nature, it may partially extend into the organ cavity. This type of uterine fibroids is characterized by a rapid increase in size, severe symptoms and frequent cases of transition to the malignant form.
Submucous uterine fibroids and pregnancy are concepts that are quite compatible with small education sizes. The answer to the question whether it is possible to become pregnant in the presence of a submucosa tumor is positive, again with a small size of the latter. In this case, the formation does not interfere with the passage of male germ cells into the uterine cavity.
But if a submucous tumor quickly grows in size, then it gradually fills the uterine cavity. When conception occurred, it will impede the growth of the embryo. How dangerous is this pathology? First of all, miscarriage, which occurs most often in terms of over 11 weeks.
Uterine fibroids and pregnancy
Submucous uterine fibroids, the treatment of which must be carried out without delay, can develop in women for the following reasons:
- diseases that cause hormonal imbalance,
- inflammatory and infectious diseases of the reproductive organs,
- long-term use of hormonal contraception,
- a sharp decrease or increase in body weight,
- constant stressful situations
- hereditary factor
- lack of childbirth and lactation until the age of 30.
One cause or a combination of several can cause the development of a submucous tumor. To identify the exact cause can only doctor on the basis of survey data.
Some time ago, an operation with a large submucous myoma of the uterus was the only treatment. In most cases, when the tumor was removed, the uterus was removed.
Today, not only surgical treatment is applied, but also conservative.
If submucous myoma of the uterus is diagnosed, treatment without surgery is possible under the following conditions:
- small size of submucous fibroids - no more than 12 weeks,
- the lack of rapid growth of the node
- the patient has children and the desire to have them in the future.
The main goal of conservative therapy is to preserve reproductive function and suspend the growth of myoma nodes.
To do this, prescribe a hormonal treatment:
- Antigonadotropins. Apply with small tumor sizes. The goal is to stop the growth of fibroids. It is also appointed at the stage of preparation for the operation. Effective drug - Gestrinon.
- GnRT agonists. Drugs suspend the growth of nodes, as well as reduce their size. Such therapy relieves pain and stops bleeding. Prescribed drugs - Buserelin, Zoladex, Triptorelin, Goserelin. Responses after such therapy, as a rule, are positive.
In parallel, the doctor prescribes symptomatic therapy:
- anti-anemia drugs
- vitamin complexes.
When undergoing conservative treatment, a woman should make a visit to the attending physician at least twice a year.
The treatment of submucous uterine fibroids by folk remedies interests those women who are categorically against traditional treatment.
Opinion about the greater the effectiveness of herbal in contrast to drug preparations is not always true.
At reception of vegetative means consultation of the doctor is required. At the same time, it is necessary to understand the possible consequences of refusing therapy prescribed by a doctor.
Every woman, faced with a pathology such as uterine fibroids, it should be understood that even after successful surgery, there is always a risk of recurrence. Therefore, it is important to periodically visit the gynecologist for examination and make ultrasound. Such measures allow you to timely learn about the re-development of education and minimize the risk of possible complications.
Causes of submucous fibroids
The exact causes of the disease have not yet been established, however, there is an unequivocal opinion about the connection of fibroids with hormonal imbalances.
In addition, there are weighty assumptions that the development of submucous fibroids can be triggered by the following factors:
- pathologies that lead to hormonal disorders: polycystic ovary, pathologies of endocrine glands,
- obese or overweight,
- excessive exhaustion of the body,
- frequent stress
- prolonged use of oral contraceptives,
- frequent abortions
- genetic predisposition
- inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs,
- lack of childbirth and breastfeeding in women under 30 years of age,
- heavy physical exertion
- frequent exposure to ultraviolet rays.
The formation of myoma tumors can be caused by only one factor or a whole group of causes. The exact etymology is determined by an experienced doctor.
Submucous fibroids and pregnancy
With a small size of myoma tumor with submucous localization in a woman there is no difficulty in conceiving.
However, a rapidly growing tumor in the uterus prevents the normal development of the fetus. In addition, with the active development of a neoplasm, there is a high probability of miscarriage after the 11th week of pregnancy.
Traditional methods of treatment
In some cases, when submucous myoma has not reached a large size, it is possible not to operate on it, but to try using a conservative treatment method. But it will be more effective if you use folk remedies in parallel.
What folk remedies can a submucous site be treated with?
- Infusions of herbs. Often use boron uterus, calendula, flax seeds, motherwort, propolis. You can make a tincture or a decoction of burdock root or peony.
- Such poisonous plants as hellebore, celandine, aconite, hemlock will come to the rescue.
- If abundant menstrual bleeding, you can take special charges of hemostatic herbs: yarrow, cloves, shepherd's purse, nettle, barberry, burnet, burdock.
- Some doctors recommend making decoctions of flowering potatoes.
Treatment of folk remedies is not suitable for all women: every plant has a number of contraindications, side effects. Therefore, to select a course of treatment and dosage should be an expert.
Potato juice or infusion made from its flowers is considered effective. Apply it as a painkiller, anti-inflammatory, tonic, immunostimulating agent. But you can not use it for women with diabetes, gastritis and intestinal dysfunction.
From motherwort may be allergic or dyspeptic disorder. It is not used for hypersensitivity, individual intolerance. Contraindicated plant for peptic ulcers, exacerbations of erosive gastritis, hypotension, bradycardia.
Very careful you need to be using infusions of poisonous plants. They must be properly prepared - the slightest mistake in the dosage can greatly harm the health. Therefore, it will be better if you buy ready-made tinctures at a pharmacy or from proven folk healers.
Competent treatment of folk remedies, especially in combination with hormonal drugs, often contributes to recovery.
Not so long ago, a unique method for the removal of a submucous node was developed - FUS ablation. When exposed to the localization of the fibroids is its evaporation. That is, the surgery itself is not performed.
- Non-traumatic. After the bleeding does not open.
- There are no side effects, complications. Therefore, it does not take much time for rehabilitation.
- Do without anesthesia.
- FUS ablation is effective even in multiple, large tumors.
- There are no relapses.
FUZ ablation is also preferred because the uterus is practically not injured, which means that a woman has every chance of becoming pregnant.
A submucous uterine myoma can be treated with medication only if it has not reached a large size. In cases where a tumor has formed a long time ago (that is, it is more than 3 months old), it is growing rapidly, it needs to be operated on.
Some women are scared to undergo surgery - they are afraid of losing their uterus and eventually remain childless. But modern medicine has made a great leap forward, and now there is no need to remove the entire organ - surgeons can extract only one fibroid.
- Laparotomy myomectomy. Surgeons make an incision in the front of the abdominal wall. A significant disadvantage is that the body is then restored for a long time.
- Embolization A special substance is introduced into the uterine artery, which stops the flow of blood in it.
- Laparoscopy. The node is removed with a laparoscope. But in time, a new myoma can form.
- Hysteroresectoscopy. A hysteroscope is inserted through the vagina and, with its help, the myoma is removed.
- With a hysterectomy, the entire uterus is removed. This method is resorted to in the most extreme cases.
If you can not operate the myoma, but get along with a conservative method of treatment and folk remedies, then doctors prefer the second option. So the chances of having a baby almost always remain.