In modern society, psychology is actively developing. Now almost every organization seeks to include a psychologist in the staff. What is it for? To know the emotional state of employees, to help them relieve tension, to assist in solving various problems. The test "Non-existent animal" allows you to consider many spheres of human activity and at the same time not take a lot of time from the employee. In the article we will try to learn more about this method.
Psychological test "non-existent animal"
In general, an experienced psychologist will tell you that it would be more correct to conduct not one, but four tests with animals. It is necessary in order to fully "see" the psychological portrait of a person. Here are the tests:
- "Non-existent animal".
- "Evil animal".
- "Happy animal".
- "Unhappy animal."
But still the main and most informative is the first option, which is most often used by practicing psychologists all over the world. Other options can also be taken for analysis, but as an addition to the main test.
For the first time the method "Non-existent animal" was proposed by M. Dukarevich, but then she did not receive such popularity, it was modified and tested. Although in those days it was clear that this technique can give a lot of useful information. Now psychologists more often resort to the methodological instructions of A. Wenger and by his transcripts they give the results of a “non-existent animal”.
To understand the theory of this technique or any other, similar to it, is quite simple. While drawing, a person depicts on paper everything that happens in his soul. And he does not do it on purpose. His subconscious works for him. This is the projective test "Non-existent animal", the decoding of which shows us the inner world of the person being tested. Here everything is expressed in the form of lines: character traits, fears, desires, pressing problems and much more.
The task of the psychologist in the test "Non-existent animal" is to interpret the results, i.e. understand: why a person drew this or that line, why one has sharp corners, and the other has them all rounded. Here you can find answers to many questions. And sometimes people, listening to the results, are surprised how a psychologist can know such secret secrets. But they themselves told about everything by drawing a picture.
It is impossible to be completely sure that the drawing test of the type “Non-existent animal” gives a result that will be correct. This is influenced by many factors. If you need a more serious and accurate assessment of the internal state, then use the personal questionnaires. When processing the results of a "non-existent animal," a psychologist can give a purely subjective assessment. These are just hypotheses that require confirmation from the person being tested.
After receiving the test results, the psychologist compares them with the patient's statements, with his behavior, emotional state, and inquires about how a person lives and what worries him in a given period of time.
Validation and approbation
Before applying the method in practice, it must be validated and tested. What are these strange words? This is a kind of test of accuracy. Researchers take a group of people and find out in advance about their life situation, their problems and desires, and then offer to draw an animal that does not exist. According to the test "Non-existent animal", the interpretation of the results from the psychologist is compared with the data that are actually available. If these indicators have something in common, then the hypothesis is considered accepted and it is the turn of the next stage.
Now researchers will need a group of people about whom nothing is known. They are offered to draw the same animal, and then process the results. If during the study it was revealed that in this group there is a person who has a tendency to psychopathy, they carry out additional testing. If this diagnosis is also confirmed and experts recognize him as a psychopath, then the technique can officially be considered valid and approved, and can also be used by all psychologists.
What the picture hides
With this test you can find out:
- At what level is the mental development of the test.
- What approach to reality prevails: emotional or rational.
- At what level is psychomotor tone, increased or decreased activity.
- Does a person know how to control himself and whether he plans his future actions, as well as can be said about his impulsiveness.
- What is at a higher level: validity or rigidity.
- Is there anxiety in the person’s character, and at what level is it at the time of the study?
- What fears prevail and how strong they are.
- Are there depressive tendencies?
- How the patient responds to stressful situations.
- Does a person show aggression, and if so, in what form.
- Who is the subject: an extrovert or introvert.
- How demonstrative are his actions and expressions.
- Whether his need for communication is satisfied.
- Perhaps he avoids communicating with others.
- Is he a full member of society?
- Are there antisocial tendencies?
- What is the attitude to the sexual sphere, are there any problems in this direction, and if so, what character.
- How does the subject relate to family issues, is this topic important for him, and what kind of relationship does he have with individual relatives.
To pass the test "nonexistent animal" you need a pencil and a white sheet of paper. The task is to draw an animal that does not exist anywhere in the world. This may include separate parts of other animals, but not an exact copy of them.
It is desirable that the subject was in silence and without unnecessary witnesses. He should not think about any problems or be distracted by extraneous conversations. Now consider the options for which non-existent animals can occur during the test and what each stroke indicates.
In the test "nonexistent animal" interpretation begins with a consideration of the position of the picture on a sheet of paper. This detail can tell a lot about your self-esteem and position in society.
If your animal is painted in the upper corner of the sheet, then this indicates that you have too high self-esteem, you love yourself very much and are always satisfied with any of your actions. And at the same time, it is a sign that you are not happy with how others value you. Placing the picture in such a place, you are trying to show what heights you plan to achieve. And also the fact that you direct all your strength to please others, or rather, strive to meet the standards that are accepted in your social circle.
The animal, located at the bottom of the page, speaks of low self-esteem. You are not confident in your own strength and extremely indecisive. Most likely, you are just resigned to what is happening around, and do not try to change anything. Simply put, "go with the flow." Although nothing can be stated unequivocally. Perhaps this is due to fatigue or events that occur in your life at the time of testing.
Still to say that if the animal is in the left part of the sheet, then you stopped in the past and do not want to leave it. The right side says that a person thinks a lot about his future, makes plans and tries to realize his dreams. In the middle of the sheet, those who live in the present and do not look back at the past, and also do not look to the future, prefer to draw.
The look of the incredible beast
In the test, a non-existent animal interpretation is also carried out as to where the painted miracle is looking. To the left look animals whose authors are prone to introspection. Such people often engage in scrolling conversations in their heads that have already passed and are trying to come up with more witty phrases. In most cases, invented remarks would have been more successful at the time of intercourse, but, unfortunately, a brilliant thought did not visit the subject. The authors of such drawings are usually people who have quite serious intentions, but they all remain just in thought.
If the head or look of the beast is directed to the right, then this is a better sign. This is evidence that, unlike the previous test subject, you not only plan a lot, but also try to do it all in a timely manner. Such people have a lot of friends and are appreciated at work. Because they know what to do and how to do it. Agree, everyone likes to deal with a person who makes a promise, and then fulfills it.
In egocentric personalities, a non-existent animal looks straight into their eyes. This may also be a sign that this is a pretty contact person who communicates a lot, easily makes new friends. Such people are always noticeable even in a large company. They joke a lot, quickly find a common language with new acquaintances. There is always something to talk about with them.
In addition to individual details, pay attention to the direction in which the whole figure is more directed. The ideal is the location at the same time in three dimensions: the future, present and past. This is evidence that the author is quite a happy person who knows how to enjoy life, he has already achieved certain heights and knows what he wants.
The animal can be shifted to the left. This usually happens in people who experienced some bright negative events in childhood. This includes such incidents as a divorce of parents or the death of a loved one, as well as some not very serious problems, but they greatly influenced the child’s psyche and now even in adulthood are haunted. But it is not always the echoes of the past, it is quite possible that something in the life of the subject happened quite recently and does not give him a calm life.
If on paper you can see that the drawing goes far to the right, then this is a sign that the person is trying to protect himself from something. Perhaps these are the events that occur in this period, but it is possible that these are incidents from the past life. Such people usually dream a lot, they see themselves in the distant future and try to run away from themselves as far as possible.
When analyzing a non-existent animal, a psychologist can consider not only individual details, but also all the work. As in nature, animals in the pictures may have some classification, or rather, they are divided into:
- Those who threaten other people (they have sharp teeth, fangs or claws).
- Those who are in danger from others (cute animals that are not able to offend anyone).
- Those who have threatening parts of the body, but at the same time resemble a cute defenseless hare.
Anyway, the painted animal is a reflection of the subject. That is how he sees himself in this world. Consider this section in more detail.
If the depicted individual wears human clothing or is simply able to walk straight, then its author has not yet matured emotionally. He is too childish. Usually, normal adults do not add genitals to their animals. This is the lot of young children who still do not understand what you can draw, and what it is better to give up. But if such organs are visible, then this is a sign of an impaired psyche. Any hints of sexual characteristics are a signal that a person has an unhealthy fixation for sex, which is not considered normal.
Proportions and sizes
The figure may have an average size and not stand out too much, but its presence on the sheet will be quite harmonious. This suggests that the subject has a positive attitude to the world and to himself. He is satisfied with his life and has no evil intentions. He is satisfied with the environment, he does not hold evil on his acquaintances and, perhaps, does not even have enemies.
Drawing too large is open narcissism. Large animals prefer to draw small children. In this way, kids are trying to portray their high self-esteem. Another reason for the appearance of a huge beast on an adult leaflet is a kind of protection of the individual from being influenced by others. And these animals draw people who have recently experienced extreme stress.
It remains to make out the reason for the appearance of small animals on paper. Usually these are present in people who have mental problems. Such images are rare. This happens when testing people with schizophrenia or having other mental illnesses. In addition to small creatures at the bottom of the pages, mentally ill people like to depict diagrams and styles. Moreover, portraying absolutely illegible drawings, they see them as historical figures, famous people or representatives of the fauna.
Lines and contours
Quite often, people, even without implying this, try to provide their animals with protection. And if in nature we are used to seeing horns, shells, needles and other "weapons", then on paper these can be completely random lines that, one way or another, protrude over animals. Sometimes they are induced a little fatter than the rest. This is considered to be protection for a fictional pet. But it is much more interesting for a psychologist, not how they look, but on which side they are located.
If such a shell covers the beast from above like a tortoise, then the subject tries to defend himself against those who are higher than he: the authorities, parents, authorities, and so on. If the author is trying to ensure the safety of the lower part, then this indicates that a person is afraid for his authority. Below are the protection from people who occupy an equal position with him, or even completely are one step lower.
Armor can be drawn from both sides. Such people are ready for any life blows. They can each fight back. Special attention should be paid to the elements on the right side. A sign that a person is ready to defend his opinion until the end. He is absolutely sure that he is right.
There are cases when on a body of an animal some kind of line stands out especially strongly. This is a sign that the subject is very worried or is waiting for some kind of impact in the near future. Below is an example of a non-existent animal that shows which methods of protection may exist. But this is only a small part of what the subjects' imagination is capable of.
During the determination in the test "nonexistent animal" results you need to pay special attention to the legs. Here, about them, as about the eyes, we can say that it is a mirror of the soul. So, if the legs are well traced, this indicates that the subject is confident in himself and in his own abilities, knows exactly what he wants and how he can achieve the goal. But legs can be poorly viewed or absent altogether. Such drawings prevail in people who have an impulsive character and are too frivolous. Please note that under the frail legs may be support. She plays the role of strong, well-marked legs and has a corresponding interpretation.
If the legs are bad or not at all connected to the body, then there is a person in front of you who loves to talk a lot, but even himself sometimes does not understand the meaning of his sayings. One should not expect him to keep his word. But if you see that the legs and body are tightly connected, then this person can be trusted. He confidently speaks and understands the essence of his expressions. Most often such people keep this promise.
Lower limbs can be exactly the same: each line, bend, drawing. So draw conformists. They rarely generate new original ideas. But if the legs of the beast look in different directions, or in general each of them is busy with his own business, then you have a creative personality. She always has her own opinion and does not depend on the criticism of the people around her.
Big heads are depicted by those who prefer rational thinking. They bring up similar qualities not only in themselves, but also appreciate in surrounding people. If the beast has especially large ears, then there is a very curious person in front of you. He is not only interested in the attitude of others around him, but also tries to learn more about what is happening around.
Next you should consider the mouth. If the animal is open, and even the tongue looks out, then the subject is quite talkative. He likes to talk, gossip. Sensual people place special emphasis on the lips and draw them well. In some of the figures, teeth are particularly prominent. This is observed in people who are prone to verbal aggression. Moreover, such aggression is manifested only if a person is forced to defend himself. It happens that the animal's mouth is ajar, but its teeth and tongue are not visible there. Такой человек очень мнителен и всегда находится в состоянии настороженности.
Нос уже долгие годы считается фаллическим символом, но только если вы не анализируете рисунок мужчины. В этом случае он считается вполне ожидаемым компонентом лица. But if a girl places emphasis on this body, then this is a clear sign that she is not sexually satisfied, and her young man needs to think. When test subjects draw eyes, they can place particular emphasis on the pupils. This is a sign that at the moment something is bothering them or they are on their guard. Eyelashes are drawn by those who are very concerned about their appearance, it is not particularly appropriate for men to add this detail.
And the final touches: hair, which often simply copy from himself. But sometimes the hairstyle is a pointer to sexual orientation. If horns or other sharp objects are clearly visible on the head, then this is a clear sign of aggression. It may simply be a defensive reaction or, conversely, express a tendency to attack people. More precisely, only the author of the image can say about their purpose. But if a hairpin or a feather or another object that serves as an ornament is woven into the hair, then this is nothing more than a desire to stand out.
Quite often, people add organs or body parts to their animals that do not play too large a role, but are a great way to attract the attention of others. These items are:
If you see any additional limbs in an animal: the third leg, wings, and other "accessories", then you have a person who is trying to cover too many activities at once. This may be an indication that the subject is simply a multilateral personality, which has many interests and is fully developed. But these parts of the body can have a negative message. For example, the fact that a person climbs is not in his own business and often interferes with others with his advice or gives them extra information, and perhaps tries to perform someone else’s work.
The tail is the part of the body that is always behind and pursues its owner. In the picture of a non-existent animal, he personifies all the deeds performed earlier, various intentions and even words that were or will be said. The tail that points to the right is a sign that the subject has big plans for the future and will soon try to realize them. But if left, then a person can not let go of the past and periodically returns to those events. And also pay attention to where the tail is directed. If up, then the subject is proud of everything he did in the past, or expects big victories in the near future. And if down, the person regrets the deeds accomplished earlier, or is afraid to look to the future.
Here is the test "Draw a non-existent animal" is almost complete. The final step is to choose a name. It should be as original as the painted animal. Here fantasy can play out. And, most interestingly, each part of the name carries some meaning. Take a close look at your drawing of a non-existent animal and think what nickname you can give it.
Often people simply connect parts of already known words, and something unusual turns out. This style is inherent in those who dominate rational thinking. These people are trying to do everything strictly according to the instructions, always follow the instructions received. They make great workers.
There are names that are somewhat reminiscent of scientific. In this way, people try to show their mind and erudition. They are generally very confident in their abilities, most likely, they read a lot and can support almost any conversation. Sometimes, the subjects do not think about the name for too long and simply write a set of sounds. So do frivolous people and those for whom the aesthetic side is more important than the rational one. In everyday life, they often commit rash acts.
Funny names are chosen by those who like to laugh at others, and not always in a positive light. Perhaps a person just loves to make fun of people, point out their shortcomings or weaknesses. In dealing with them you need to be careful. Names from repetitive sounds, for example, Nuf-Nuf, choose infantile personalities. And lovers of fantasy and those who live in their imaginary world call their animals very long names.
So we reviewed the interpretation of the method of a non-existent animal. All these data will help you to know yourself, to understand many problems, to find answers to exciting questions.
What is the technique?
The use of drawing tests to determine the personality characteristics of a child is based on the principle of projection. In other words, the baby depicts his ideas, experiences, aspirations.
The method of "non-existent animal" allows you to determine the inner world of the child:
- Depicting a fictional creation, the child involuntarily and sometimes deliberately conveys his attitude towards him in the picture.
- The child will draw exactly what is most significant and important for him at the moment.
- And the factors that seem to be secondary to him, the figure will be given very little attention.
- If you understand the basics of the “Non-existent animal” technique, the interpretation of the image will allow you to “hear” the messages that the child has encrypted in the images.
- Picture tests first of all give an idea of feelings and unconscious impulses. That is why such pictures are hard to “fake”. The picture represents the child as it really is.
The technique is very easy to play. It does not take much time and does not require certain skills or special materials. Only paper and pencils are needed.
Interpreting drawing tests, one should not make unambiguous conclusions about the psychology of the child. It is important to understand that such a technique only allows one to make assumptions about certain personality traits. It is possible to make conclusions about the psychological state of a child only on the basis of numerous factors.
The author of the technique
Who developed such a unique technique, called the "non-existent animal"? The author is a practical psychologist - Maya Zakharovna Dukarevich, a specialist in projective tests.
Quite surprisingly formed the life of this woman. In the fifth year, she was expelled from the university. But it did not break the amazing student. A young girl continued self-education and found her vocation in psychology.
She began her career as a regular laboratory technician, continuing to improve herself. The experience gained over the years, despite the fact that Dukarevich did not have a psychological education and did not have scientific degrees and titles, allowed her to take up teaching work.
Together with Savenko, Maya Zakharovna translated the Rorschach test entitled “Figure of a Man”. At the same time, a unique technique “Drawing of a non-existent animal” was created. Such developments were carried out in the 1970s. And for the first time, the author of the “Non-existent Animal” technique was able to publish her writings only in the 1990s.
This method for the study of personality implied the image of an animal, which in reality does not exist. This is a projective method of research, because it has all the features, including it contains a stimulus, indefinite material that the subject had to structure arbitrarily.
The projective technique “Non-existent animal” in the original version contained only a certain catalog of interpretations of the elements of the image. There was practically no theoretical substantiation of such interpretations. Therefore, the follow-up studies of this technique continued, allowing to fill these shortcomings.
Ask a few questions
Remember that you are primarily interested in the analysis of a non-existent animal. Therefore, ask your child questions about his fabulous character. Start with the name of the animal. After all, any character must somehow be called!
Ask the child to tell about the painted animal, its lifestyle, where it lives. If a child is having difficulty, you can help him write a description of a non-existent animal by asking a series of questions:
- Where does this character live?
- What does he eat?
- What does he like to do?
- Does your character live alone or in company with someone else?
- What does this animal?
- What animal do not like the most?
- Does your hero have friends? What are they?
- Does the animal have enemies? Who is it? Why did they become his enemies?
- Is the animal afraid of something or is it not scary?
- What size is your character?
The above questions are not binding. Therefore, it is not scary if the child simply does not want to answer some of them.
But be sure to remember all the answers you get to the questions asked. And even better - write it down so as not to miss the crucial details. Deciphering a non-existent animal (described by the child’s mouth) is an answer to your questions about him. At the same time, the baby does not even suspect that he is talking about his experiences, problems, therefore he answers quite sincerely.
What can say the answers of the child?
If the baby described the type of character in sufficient detail, it means that you have mastered the method “Non-existent animal” extremely successfully. Interpretation of the answers will allow you to draw some conclusions and pay special attention to possible problems. Be prepared that the descriptions can be quite unpredictable, but they perfectly characterize the inner world of the baby.
Consider some of them:
- If a fictional animal, according to the crumbs, lives in a cave or in a difficult forest, then the baby feels a sense of isolation and loneliness. Perhaps he has a difficult relationship with peers. Take a closer look and watch his communication.
- An animal that lives in a very swampy and muddy place may indicate some neurotic reactions. In this case, it is recommended to consult a psychologist at a school or kindergarten.
- A character living on exotic islands in a colorful area signals a child’s demonstrative behavior.
The pastime of a fictional character is an equally important factor, without which the diagnosis will be completely incomplete:
- A non-existent animal, constantly sleeping, very often indicates fatigue of the baby. Perhaps, at this time, his asthenic state prevails. Pay attention to the health of the crumbs. Consult with doctors. It may be necessary for a child to take a vitamin therapy course.
- An animal that constantly prowls in search of food or is busy with household chores is not the best option. Such a child feels the dullness of life and feels monotony. Try to walk with the baby more often. Change the setting periodically. By all means trying to diversify the life of the baby.
- A jumping, playing, running animal is the perfect sign. You can calm down and not worry. Your baby is happy. His life is quite diverse, he is all right.
- A character who breaks and destroys everything around is a rather alarming signal. Antisocial behavior may be characteristic of such a child.
Pay special attention to the response of the presence of friends. If a fictional character has no friends, then your child is very lonely and lacks communication. He may not have learned to make contact. Your task is to help him in this.
Remind your child that a fictional character must have a name. This is a mandatory stage of which consists of the method "non-existent animal." The interpretation of the name of the character gives an idea of the thinking and imagination of the baby:
- If an animal is called an existing word, completely unchanged, it signals the child's orientation towards real events. And talking about concreteness. Scarce quite rational approach to solving problems. The child has a type of thinking that does not allow him to "soar in the clouds."
- If the title combines 2 or more prominent features of an animal in one word, then the child has a pragmatic and rational mind. The kid is not deprived of resourcefulness and ingenuity. Examples of such names may be: “nosoglazasticus”, “more eyeglazastin”.
- A character who has received the name of a scientific or book type (for example, “dinosaur”, “crocodile”) testifies to the erudition of a baby. Such a child seeks to emphasize their knowledge. He wants to be the center of attention and demonstrates his erudition with all his might.
- A non-existent animal with a short name, which is not perceived by the ears aesthetically and does not carry anything familiar in itself, testifies to the thoughtless attitude of the child to the world around it. Such a child does not attach importance to the tasks assigned to him.
Location on the sheet
The projective technique “Non-existent Animal” necessarily takes into account the location of the fictional character. Spend on a sheet of drawing lines (visual or real) vertically and horizontally.
Mark the place where the baby's drawing is located:
- The image located in the central part of the sheet indicates an adequate self-esteem of the child. Such a kid evaluates his capabilities correctly and treats his mistakes quite normally. This arrangement of the picture is perfect.
- The drawing, located in the upper area of the sheet, indicates an excessive self-esteem. The baby is very high level of claims. He evaluates his strength inadequately and hard failures. These children strive to be leaders. In the case of non-recognition, they are very upset. With such crumbs need to work. Try to explain to the kid that it is impossible to cover everything. It is necessary to complete one thing, and only then take up the next one. When giving out tasks to your child, make sure that he performs them in stages.
- The picture, located in the lower zone of the sheet, means low self-esteem. The child is not self-confident, shy and indecisive. He does not strive to achieve anything, since he is initially determined to fail. Such a crumb needs to be praised often. Find all sorts of ways to cheer up your baby. Praise for a great joke, the right word. Try to punish such a child for mistakes as little as possible. On the contrary, explain to the baby that it is common for all people to stumble.
- The small picture shown at the very bottom of the page is a rather unpleasant result. A non-existent animal in this zone signals serious communication problems. In this case, you need to contact a psychologist for help.
- The image, shifted to the right area of the sheet, speaks of the high sociability of the child. Scarce feels wonderful in the company, perfectly in contact with others. This is a kid of achievements and actions.
- If the upper right part is chosen for the drawing, then perhaps the baby is actively fighting for the role of leader in all areas. He seeks to be mainly at home, at school, among friends. It is very important not to overstep the reasonable edge in such inclinations.
- Drawing in the upper left corner indicates a high anxiety in the baby.
- The image on the left is a signal that the child has a pronounced sense of guilt. Baby is not very sociable and very shy. He is obsessed with his failures. This does not allow him to move forward. Such children, as a rule, are very thoughtful and constantly live in their inner world.
Keep a close look at a non-existent animal:
- An example of a character with beautifully traced hands is evidence of a child’s lack of problems in communication.
- But if the limbs are wide apart, as if they were meant to be embraced, this is a reason to analyze the child’s contact with other children. Such a picture can talk about the thirst for communication. The kid may not be communicative enough.
- If a fictional character has no hands at all, then the kid prefers to be alone with himself. Such a crumb does not like to communicate.
- Pay attention to the legs. If they are proportional to the body and are sufficiently stable in appearance, then the child feels comfortable. He takes an adequate position in society.
- Too small legs or excessively long, unstable - this is a signal of the feeling of irrelevance, the fragility of the occupied position.
The kid can depict the most diverse contours of a non-existent animal. Interpretation of body shape:
- The rectangular contour of a fictional character indicates the variability of the child's opinion depending on the influence of the environment.
- Round shape and hollow inside speaks of a closed character. Highly distorted contours can signal a child's propensity for antisocial behavior.
- The large body in relation to the head emphasizes that for the child the main values are physical qualities. Intellectuality fades into the background. For such a kid, idols are the heroes of computer games, action films, who possess extraordinary physical strength.
- A remarkable sign is the presence of a fictional animal neck. This means that the crumb has its own opinion. But if the neck is very long, then the baby is often guided only by his opinion.
- Some children depict animals that have wool on their bodies. Это свойственно ребятам, обладающим мягким характером и добродушием.
- Если на теле животного имеются функциональные дополнительные части - это прекрасно. Ваш малыш человек действия. Он стремится к своим целям. При этом всегда старается найти и использовать все возможности.
- Расположенные на теле не функциональные детали, а только украшения, свидетельствуют о преобладании в характере ребенка демонстративности. Such children tend to always be in the spotlight.
- A non-existent animal with an open mouth, without teeth and tongue, is a “reflection” of the child’s reverie or timidity. Unpainted mouth indicates unwillingness of communication. Such a child does not seek contact with other children. Big mouth - the signal of talkativeness. Parted lips with tongue also speak of increased speech activity.
- The presence of canines can characterize verbal aggression. Such a child feels ready to defend himself in any situation with words. Very often, he can make many offensive phrases.
What do eyes say?
In some drawings, they may simply be absent. In this case, we are talking about asthenia or depression.
- Lack of eyes indicates reduced performance, lack of desire to do anything, lack of strength.
- An animal that has beautifully traced eyes is a fairly positive signal. Your child is a man with clear goals.
- Pay attention: if a fictional character has big eyes in relation to the other parts, such a sign can be interpreted as fearfulness or the presence of many fears in your child.
- If, in addition to the eyes, your child carefully draws the eyelashes, and at the same time is very thick and long, the slut just wants to be admired.
Considering the fictional animal depicted by your baby, pay attention to all the subtleties of the picture. It is very important not only the presence of the head, but also many details:
- Take a closer look, in which direction the drawn character is looking. The head, turned to the right, indicates that the child is purposeful, loves to act, is confident enough in himself.
- If the painted animal “turned” its head to the left, the young artist is a real visionary. He loves to be in his thoughts, in the clouds. Unfortunately, he too often “stuck” in the past.
- If a painted animal looks directly at you, then a certain amount of egocentrism is peculiar to a child. The kid prefers to pay attention only to their problems and their own desires.
- Fictional character with fangs, spikes, sharp objects, symbolizes the aggressiveness of the baby. Such a child is always ready to defend, and sometimes just to attack. In this case, it is necessary to analyze and observe how the baby shows its aggression. Does he use it to the spot, or does he attack everyone at all?
Above was considered a lot of subtleties and nuances of children's drawings. Now, armed with knowledge, you know by what criteria children's drawings are evaluated and processed. “Non-existent animal” is a unique technique that allows you to look into the inner world of a child and help him in time to become a strong-willed and integral person.
0 02. Now draw an animal that definitely does not exist anywhere in the world, even in Australia and Pripyat.
The main condition: avoid ready-made templates, your beast must be absolutely unprecedented. It is impossible to draw neither incredible characters (Cheburashka) already invented by someone else, nor those creatures that you like to draw from school (five-armed sparrow). Picture a completely new animal for our world.
And do not forget to call her the same new name for this dimension.
Draw in silence, without witnesses.
Draw the same! What are you waiting for? For the purity of the experiment, you should not know any more details about this test. To make it easier for you to break away from reading and start drawing, we will fill the next couple of lines with some nonsense. Piu-piu-piu! Fight-dy-smoke! Wooh-wooh! Zhzhzhzhzhzh. Blup blup! Let's draw already! Vzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Plop-plop-plop!
N projection spotlight
It's time to explain what you just did.
The psychodiagnostic test “Drawing of a non-existent animal” refers to a very large group of projective techniques (“Rorschach Spots”, for example, from the same opera). Perhaps some pride will overwhelm you if you find out that the author of the “animal” test was not some Viennese psychoanalyst, but a psychologist Maya Dukarevich, who developed this technique in the last century, somewhere in the wilds of the Institute of Forensic Psychiatry. Serbian.
“The projective technique assumes that the features of your personality are projected onto everything that you do, speak or, as in this case, draw,” explains psychologist-consultant, specialist in self-relation, candidate of psychological sciences Tatiana Sviridova.
When you draw, not relying on ready-made templates (after all, you did, right?), Your personal characteristics begin to crawl out of you on paper and leave traces in each squiggle.
The brain follows the path of least resistance, and the easiest way is to project it onto the sheet itself.
Such is the (very, very short) theory.
Now, when we begin to analyze the drawing point by point, looking for your conscious and unconscious ideas about yourself in it, you either agree (“Yes, I’m exactly that!”), Or go into a deep unconscious (“Bullshit!”). Both are indications that the test is working. In the second case, the rejection is the result of the work of the defense mechanisms, since, while drawing, you tried to hide a lot from yourself. (Alas, nothing can be done: you are just a platypus, brought up by a human family.) This, of course, does not speak of the infallibility of the technique. “Many factors can affect the result, ranging from fatigue and ending with the length and clarity of a pencil.” Anyway, possible deviations are not critical and, on the whole, the test gives you quite a heap of your personality traits.
Where does your incredible pet look?
LEFT? You tend to introspection and reflection. You tend to scroll through a long-standing conversation in your head and come up with new witty replicas for yourself that you didn’t think of right away (“How could I not have told hooligans that I shouldn’t beat me ?!”). You are not a man, but intentions.
Is your amoeba head looking right? Good sign! You are not only planning something, but always starting to fulfill your plans.
The animal that you portrayed as ANFAS, not taking your eyes off you, speaks of egocentrism. This can be interpreted in such a way that you are a contact person, easily making friends.
In the drawing of a cheerful, healthy, successful person (such people usually live in bank advertising), the animal should be evenly distributed in all three times and directed from the past to the future.
If the drawing is pressed to the left side - Perhaps this is due to the negative experience gained in childhood, which is still auntting (divorce of parents or meatballs, which the singing teacher threw to you in the second grade by the collar). Or maybe recent events again reminded you of a long-standing experience and moved the beast to the left.
Strong withdrawal RIGHT can be interpreted as a defensive reaction. You run from the present (or all the same past) into the future. You live in hope for tomorrow. However, if tomorrow is Saturday, you can understand.
P Sizes and proportions
Medium size pattern, harmoniously looking on the page (it may be clumsy, but organically inscribed in the sheet), indicates a positive attitude towards the world and oneself.
Too BIG ANIMAL - narcissism. As an option: a hefty creation can appear as a defense mechanism of the individual. “Very large animals are most often painted by preschoolers. Children put their high self-esteem in drawings of animals of enormous size, ”explains Tatiana. Also, your gigantomania can be caused by a reaction to recent stress.
FINE CREATURE at the bottom of the page - a sign of mental problems. It is unlikely that this applies to you, but bear in mind: nanozhivotnyh usually draw schizophrenics and other people with an interesting device of the brain. So that tiny winged ghost, somehow drawn by Carlson, alas, makes you look at his actions in a new light.
To contours and lines
Needles, horns, armor - in general, everything that serves as protection for an animal can be replaced in the drawing with a simple outline drawn several times.
Therefore, immediately note for yourself: even if at first glance your creation is defenseless before the world, this is not at all the case if some lines and projections are thicker than others.
The most important is which side of your animal has armor.
If the shell closes the animal TOP, you defend them from those in relation to whom you are in a subordinate position. This may be the authorities, government agencies or just parents.
If the beast is closed NIH, you fear those whom you consider your equal, or those who are weaker than you. That is, fear for their credibility.
Armor BY SIDE shows your willingness to self-defense in any life situation. “At the same time,” Tatiana emphasizes, “the drawing of the lines on the right indicates that you greatly value your taste, preferences and beliefs and are ready to fight for them.” (By the way, although we disagree with your convictions, we are ready to sign somewhere in a collective letter for your right to express them.)
If any of the details is highlighted by careful drawing or a stronger pressure of the pencil (the lines are visible on the back of the page), this signals your alarm. Unfortunately, the explanation why you have drawn something more thoroughly, you can only give yourself. Interpretations can be any number. For example, in an animal, anxiety is localized in the legs. If you rely on the interpretation of images of the collective unconscious, it turns out that you are not confident in yourself. But maybe you just walked a lot today. So we throw you one to beat the interpretation of the riddle, why did you break through the paper, drawing a hump of a partridge.
About Organs and Limbs
Any non-functional, but purely decorative details that extend beyond the drawn figure, such as lush feathers, tassels on the tails and curls, indicate a certain unnatural behavior and a desire to draw attention to oneself.
Do not be surprised if an airbrush drawing of a tiger swallowed by a dragon is applied to your car tattooed on its back.
The presence of seemingly and unnecessary, but still practical limbs (tentacles, spare legs, wings, proboscis) - an indicator of what you want to cover (or maybe cover) at once many areas of activity. All these processes are the essence of your many hobbies or just your multi-banded work. Or does this mean the same thing, but with a minus sign: you often go out of your way, interfere with those around you with your knowledge;
Tail - that stretches for you. Your deeds, your intentions, your words. Here again the time scale is useful to you (if you go to the left, you will get to the past, etc.). Follow where the tail is pointing. To the right - you have some important plans for the future, to the left - you still remember and analyze past actions. To understand, positive or negative feelings cause these your future or last affairs, pay attention to that, the tail looks upwards or downwards. The tail is upright - you are either proud of something done, or looking forward to future victories. Fallen tail - fear of the future and regret about the past.
In rare cases, in the body of the beast, an inquisitive glance will reveal inanimate details.(wheels, batteries, propellers, USB inputs). Such additions appear either from a large mind (the draftsman uses all his imagination, trying to invent a non-existent animal), or, on the contrary, from a damaged mind - in patients with schizophrenia.
The details that your beast does not have are also important. No legs - you're not sure about yourself (see the meaning of the lower extremities). No hands or tentacles - you do not affect the world, but prefer to wait passively for something to happen.
If you carefully read the assignment and gave your non-existent animal an unprecedented name, and not just called it, as usual, Vitaly Sergeevich, you will surely find among these options a name that is somewhat similar to yours.
Rational connection of two or more semantic parts: elephant, creeping horse, dog-eater. Shows practicality, rationality of thinking, a clear adherence to the task, the desire to comply with the rules.
Pseudo-scientific name: Latinoemenius, Eastern European Burdock Kozloder. Indicates that you are proud of your erudition and erudition. And in general you don't consider yourself a fool.
Senseless set of sounds: Blün, jivamira, vlja. It is characteristic of a frivolous person who does not think about the consequences of his actions. In addition, such Kulyulyavu can emphasize that for the inventor of this name, the aesthetic element is more important than the rational.
Funny name: Chuchka, popence. Indicator of your ironic and condescending attitude towards pathetic others.
Repeating sounds: Flu-Flu, visas, zhum-zhum. Infantilism Sorry, but we did not invent it.
Too long name: Zelofuki-potestoral, Kolibarnofuruku. Typical for the fan to dream and soar in the clouds.
Finishing touchNow that you have found out all about yourself and you are sitting over a drawing instilled with tears, try to recoup your acquaintances. Of course, practice is needed to improve your skills.“The more of your drawings you analyze, the easier it will be to analyze the drawings of others later,” our expert promised, and then expressed herself in the sense that you should be careful not to approach the interpretation of fictional animals. All the above is only a basis and cannot explain all cheek pouches and tentacles. Trust your intuition. If it seems to you that Hitler's antennae of a mountain penguin, which your girlfriend painted, means her secret desire to have threesome sex, then, most likely, the way it is.
Head or substitute elements
This is the central semantic part of the figure. If it is turned to the right, then the artist has a high sense of purpose and activity, which adults sometimes take for excessive stubbornness. It is important to understand that his plans are realistic and feasible, and not to interfere, but to help the child set goals and achieve results.
Turning the head to the left characterizes the person being tested as a person inclined to thinking, fantasizing, his dreams often exist only in his imagination and are not realized in reality. Perhaps this is just a temperament, but such a situation may arise under the fear of failure, which leads to a loss of activity, so you need to pay attention to this.
The image with the head in the full-face position indicates the presence of egocentrism or lack of control in behavior.
If the head is much larger in size than the body, perhaps the child appreciates the intellectual qualities in himself and those around him.
Large, with clearly traced iris eyes can mean that the child is tormented by constant fear.
Drawing eyelashes - an indicator of interest in the admiration of others, the universal recognition of its attractiveness.
The toothy creature is painted by children who are characterized by protective verbal aggression. Their rudeness should be perceived as a way of self-defense from the attacks of others.
Language denotes the need for speech activity, the authors of such a creature are big talkers.
An open mouth without drawing the lips and tongue, especially shaded, shaded is a sign of readiness to be frightened, such children are often suspicious and cautious.
If they are, it is a sign that the opinion and information of others about him is important to the child. The more ears, the more attention the child pays to what they think and say about him.
Paws of an animal, pedestal, support
Paws of the animal, pedestal, support, and the like should be assessed in form and proportion to the entire figure.
If the supporting part is solid, then the child has rationality, a tendency to make well-considered decisions based on existing information. He has his own opinion, with which it is necessary to reckon, otherwise there will be a protest, which can be expressed both in direct and in latent form.
The image of the lightweight support part - small paws, for example, testifies to lightheadedness, impulsiveness, superficial judgment.
The method of connecting the support and the body itself speaks about the degree of control over their judgments and decisions. Accurate and careful connection - high level, careless and weak - a tendency to rash actions or uncertainty in their opinion.
It happens that a figure has parts that rise above the general outline of the drawing. These can be wings, additional limbs, tentacles, details of shell, feathers. They can serve as decoration or be utilitarian in nature. Ask the child what they are for. If they are needed for some kind of animal activity, most likely, the person being tested is energetic, striving for self-affirmation. Decorative pieces are painted by children seeking to attract the attention of others.
Reflects the child's self-esteem.
If it is turned to the left - we can judge the self-assessment of thoughts and decisions, to the right - actions and behavior.
The tail, raised up, means a positive self-esteem, vigor.
Downcast - dissatisfaction with oneself, self-doubt, regret about what was said and done.
Branched tails, several tails - dependence or inconsistency of self-esteem.
Два хвоста развернуты в стороны и у животного большие уши - самооценка ребенка сильно зависит от мнения окружающих.
Анализируя контуры фигуры, обратите внимание на выступы типа ребристого панциря, шипов или наростов и тому подобных деталей. Они отражают особенности психологической защиты ребенка. Степень агрессивной защиты характеризуется наличием острых выступов и их направленностью. Raised up, they say that the child is protected from people who have power over him and the ability to suppress, prohibit, restrict him in anything. It can be parents, older children, caregivers, teachers.
If the protective elements are directed downwards, this may mean that the child is afraid of being unrecognized, becoming an object of ridicule, or is experiencing that he is already in this position, afraid of losing his authority with children.
Ledges on the sides are painted by children, waiting for danger from all sides in any situation and ready for protection.
A child with increased fatigue, extreme sensitivity, sleep disturbances and similar problems associated with reduced vitality, draws weak, arachnoid lines.
But greasy, with pressure, lines, hatching are not characteristic of energetic, but alarming children. Pay attention to what parts are made with special pressure to determine what exactly can be disturbing the child. But, of course, you need to take into account that if a child learns to draw in the studio or just enjoys it himself, the hatching will be present simply as an element of the drawing.
Examples of the analysis of children's drawings
Figure number 1.
By location on the sheet (the picture is highly shifted upwards), we can conclude that the child is dissatisfied with his position in society, considers himself unrecognized, but claims to be recognized.
Head turned to the left - speaks of a penchant for reasoning, perhaps fear of active action, only part of the plans is realized.
Big ears - the great importance of information that he hears about himself. He attaches great importance to the opinion of others about himself.
Mouth with teeth - verbal aggression (snaps, defends in response to censure).
Legs - sufficient independence, control over their reasoning, conclusions.
Tail - quite a positive assessment of their actions.
The contour of the figure suggests that the child is protected from adults, and the claws on the paws indicate that he is protected from his peers. The nature of the lines indicates anxiety.
Figure number 2.
Picture of a quiet, closed girl, student of grade 5 Nadi S. Obedient, diligent in school, but she seems not to be in class.
By position on the sheet (bottom), we see that the child is unsure of himself, has low self-esteem, is depressed, is not interested in his social position, there is no tendency to self-affirmation.
Head - the tendency to activity, that is, Nadia - "a man of action", but due to lack of self-confidence, this is not manifested, but suppressed.
Legs - since there are practically no independent decisions, it is difficult to control them. No opinion.
Tail - self-assessment depends on the situation.
Test "Drawing a non-existent animal"
The “Drawing of a non-existent animal” test is fairly simple to perform and quick. You do not have to make painful calculations or delve into the memory. It is enough to surrender to the imagination and not limit your imagination to the framework.
To perform the “Drawing of a non-existent animal” test, you only need a sheet of paper and a pencil.
Test method "Picture of a non-existent animal"
The test method “Picture of a non-existent animal” is simple and does not require much time. The procedure is as follows:
- Draw an animal that does not exist even in the Chernobyl zone. Here the main thing is to give free rein to your imagination and avoid any patterns. Cheburashka or mutant chicken as non-existent animals will not do. You will have to feel like a Creator and invent something completely new.
- Come up with a name for a non-existent animal. It is better if it is also new.
- Think up the story of an animal: where it lives, what it feeds on, whether it has friends and enemies, and so on.
- Do not read the article further until you finish the drawing!
- Finished? Now you can scroll the mouse wheel and learn a lot about yourself!
In the photo: drawing of a non-existent animal. Photo source: 2diggers.ru
Figure of a non-existent animal: interpretation
So what have you been doing all this time? Let's try to explain.
The test “Drawing of a non-existent animal” refers to projective (as well as “House, tree, man” or the famous “Rorschach Spots”). “Projective” means that you project, transfer to what you are doing (in this case, draw) the features of your own personality.
Simply put, your non-existent animal is ... you yourself!
And now let's get down to interpreting your drawing of a non-existent animal.
By the way, the staff of wikipet.ru also painted their non-existent animals:
Where have you located your non-existent animal?
If your little animal is in the center of the sheet, then you are in harmony with yourself and your self-esteem is adequate. The higher to the upper edge of the sheet is a non-existent animal, the higher your self-esteem. The location of the beast at the bottom of the sheet indicates insecurity and indecision.
If your non-existent animal in the picture looks to the right, then your plans are most often brought to life. If the head of the beast is turned to the left, you often engage in introspection, scroll through long conversations in your mind, coming up with witty remarks that did not occur to you in time - in general, this is called “the back mind is strong”. If the animal is depicted from the front, then you are probably a sociable person who makes friends easily.
What does a non-existent animal look like?
If your non-existent animal in the picture is dressed as a person or resembles a person, this may indicate your infantilism.
Does your non-existent animal have a weapon of defense or attack? If, for example, the beast covers the top of the armor, then you tend to defend against those who are higher in rank. If the animal has a lower part covered, you are probably disturbed by those who are weaker or equal to you. The tools of protection (armor, needles, etc.) on the sides indicate readiness to defend themselves, always and everywhere.
Does your non-existent animal foot appear? If yes, you are confident and make well-thought decisions. If not, you are probably frivolous and prone to impulsiveness. Lack of legs is a sign of insecurity.
The big head of a non-existent animal is added by those for whom erudition and rationality are important. Big ears say that the opinion of others is important to you. And open mouth is a sign of talkativeness. If your beast has “such big teeth”, then you are probably prone to verbal aggression.
When drawing the eyes clearly highlighted pupil? Probably something is bothering you. A carefully traced eyelashes - a sign of excessive attention to their own appearance.
Horns - a sign of aggression. But this defense or attack, you better know.
If your non-existent beast is decorated with a crest or feather, it means that you are striving to stand out from the crowd.
The tail is your unfinished business or intentions. Tail up - evidence that you are proud of their actions. But the lowered or pursed tail speaks of regrets.
What is the name of your non-existent animal?
If in the name of your non-existent animal there are two semantic parts that are understandable to you (whalebone, stone-eating fish, etc.), this indicates practicality and the desire to adhere to generally accepted norms.
A name similar to scientific (kotonarius, western American cretarin, etc.) shows that the subject of your pride is erudition and erudition.
A set of sounds that has no meaning (brdypepen, etc.) is evidence of frivolity.
And repeated syllables or sounds (cru-kru, etc.) mean infantilism.