Palin - antibacterial drug from the group antibiotics quinolone series. The main active ingredient of palin is pimemidic acid. Depending on the concentration, the drug has a bacteriostatic (inhibits the proliferation of bacteria) or a bactericidal action (a destructive effect on bacteria). Lower doses of Palin are bacteriostatic, and high doses provide a bactericidal effect.
The drug effectively acts on Gram-negative bacteria (Proteus, E. coli, Enterobacter, Citrobacter, etc.), it is moderately active in relation to Klebsiella, Providence, Acintobacter.
Palin has no effect on chlamydia, mycobacteria, pyocyanic stick, anaerobic microorganisms (develop without oxygen) and gram-positive microflora.
The resistance of microorganisms to Palin develops slowly.
Palin is well absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract and reaches its maximum concentration in the blood within 1-2 hours. High concentrations of the drug are created in the kidneys and prostate gland. No more than 30% of the drug is bound to plasma proteins. Excreted in the urine, as well as through the intestines with bile. In 24 hours, from 50 to 85% of the received dose of the drug is displayed. The drug penetrates through the placenta and in small quantities into breast milk.
Palin is used to treat gynecological and urological diseases.
Indications for use
The drug can be used in the complex treatment of vaginal infections in women.
Palin is also used to prevent the recurrence of chronic urinary tract infections and the prevention of infectious complications during instrumental examinations and manipulations in gynecological and urological practice.
- Individual intolerance to any component of the drug,
- epilepsy and diseases of the central nervous system with convulsive syndrome,
- renal failure (with creatinine clearance less than 10 ml / min),
- liver failure (with chronic active hepatitis, liver cirrhosis),
- porphyria (hereditary disease with impaired hemoglobin synthesis),
- pregnancy and breastfeeding,
- age up to 14 years and older age (over 70 years),
- hypersensitivity to aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid),
- hypersensitivity to other quinolone drugs.
It is used with particular caution for patients who have previously suffered a violation of cerebral circulation (hemorrhagic or ischemic stroke).
How to take Palin?
Palin tablets should be swallowed without chewing, and drink at least 1 cup with water. During treatment, the patient should consume at least 2 liters of fluid per day and control the amount of urine per day.
In the period of receiving Palin, it is recommended to avoid ultraviolet radiation, exposure to direct sunlight.
With long-term drug treatment should be monitored a complete blood count, liver and kidney function (biochemical analysis).
Palin is usually prescribed 200 mg 2 times a day with an interval of 12 hours. In some cases (for example, in case of a staphylococcal infection) Palin is prescribed at a higher dosage: 200 mg 3 times a day after 8 hours.
The duration of the course of treatment is determined by the doctor individually. The average course of treatment is 10 days, if necessary, treatment is extended to 6-8 weeks.
Patients with severe impaired renal function are corrected dosage Palin.
Women can be administered simultaneously with tablets (capsules) and 1 vaginal suppository 1 time per day (overnight) for 7-10 days.
Interaction with other drugs
- Antacids (drugs that reduce the acidity of the gastric juice) and sucralfate can reduce palin's absorbability in the digestive tract. In case of need of their joint use it is necessary to observe an interval between reception of drugs in 2-3 hours.
- With long-term use in conjunction with theophylline and caffeine Palin can help to increase the concentration of these drugs in the blood.
- Palin can lead to increased effect of rifampicin, warfarin, nonspecific anti-inflammatory drugs, cimetidine.
- With the joint appointment of Palin and antibiotics from the group of aminoglycosides, a strengthening of the bactericidal effect on bacteria is noted.
- With the simultaneous appointment of Palin with other drugs from a number of quinolones and non-narcotic anesthetics increases the risk of seizures.
Palin with cystitis
According to urologists, over the years of Palin's use in urological practice, the sensitivity of microorganisms to the drug has changed; developed resistance to it. Therefore, Palin can be recommended for the treatment of uncomplicated forms of acute and chronic cystitis only as a reserve drug, if for some reason it is impossible to use such modern antibiotics as Monural, Tsifran, Xenavin and others.
In any case, it is both dangerous and harmful to engage in self-treatment of cystitis. Only a doctor can choose the right drugs for treatment, dosage and duration of treatment.
More about cystitis
Palin with pyelonephritis
Currently Palin can be used to treat uncomplicated forms of pyelonephritis.
It is advisable to conduct antibacterial therapy, taking into account the sensitivity of the bacterial pathogen isolated during bacteriological urine culture.
It is possible in the first 3 days of the disease to begin treatment with palin in the usual dosage (see above). After a 3-day application of Palin, the result of treatment is assessed (improvement of state of health and indicators of the general urine analysis). After 3 days, bacteriological analysis of urine will be ready.
If the pathogen is sensitive to Palin and there are positive changes in the patient's well-being, the treatment lasts up to 3-6 weeks. Periodically repeated bacteriological culture of urine and checking the sensitivity of the pathogen.
Among the reviews about Palin, there are many positive and negative ones. Some patients note a pronounced therapeutic effect of the drug at a relatively low price. Such reviews make up about 41% of the total.
But there are also many comments about the lack of effect from the use of Palin. The authors of these reviews indicate that the low price of the drug corresponds to its low quality, and urge to be treated with more modern drugs.
Many reviewers are frightened and forced to abandon the use of Palin a large number of side effects.
"Palin" - a drug from the category of antibiotics belonging to the quinolone series. The main active ingredient of this medication is pipemidic acid. The drug is endowed, depending on the concentration, with bacteriostatic (they inhibit the growth of bacteria) or bactericidal properties (harmful for pathogens). Lower dosages of “Palina” act in a bacteriostatic manner, while high volumes provide bactericidal efficacy. This drug can also effectively act on Gram-negative bacteria like Proteus, Escherichia coli, Enterobacteria, Citrobacteria, etc. It is considered moderately active in relation to Providence, Klebsiella and Acintobacter.
What else can we get from the instructions for use of Palin pills for cystitis?
The remedy, as a rule, does not have any effect on chlamydia, the pyocyanic stick, mycobacteria, anaerobic microscopic organisms (these are those that develop without oxygen) and on gram-positive flora. It is worth noting that the resistance of organisms to the drug usually develops slowly. This medicine is very well absorbed in the digestive system, reaching maximum concentrations in the bloodstream after only one to two hours. A high content of funds is observed in the kidneys, as well as in the prostate gland.
This drug is associated with blood plasma proteins by no more than thirty percent. Excreted from the human body with urine, and in addition, through the intestine with bile. In twenty-four hours, fifty to eighty-five percent of the dosage received is displayed. This tool can penetrate the placenta and in small quantities into breast milk. The cure for cystitis "Palin" is used primarily for the treatment of urological and sometimes gynecological diseases.
Forms of release: capsules, candles and tablets
The tool is available in several formats:
- There is a convenient form in tablets (one pill contains 400 milligrams of the active ingredient). They are packaged in twenty pieces in one blister.
- In addition to tablets, this medicine can be purchased in the form of capsules. One capsule contains 200 milligrams of the main ingredient. They are also packaged in units of ten.
- Another form of suppositories are. For example, one vaginal candle contains 200 milligrams of the main component. This type of medication is applicable to the treatment of pathologies in women. In one package with the medicine is ten candles.
The instruction to "Palin" from cystitis
The medicine is used to treat acute and chronic pathologies of the urinary canals and small pelvis organs as well. This tool is suitable for patients for the treatment of diseases that are caused by bacteria that are sensitive to the described drug, we are talking about the following ailments:
- The presence of patients with urethritis or cystitis.
- The development of prostatitis in men.
- Against the background of pyelonephritis.
Indications for women
Presented drug can also be used as part of the integrated treatment of vaginal infection in women. For example, this drug is often also used to prevent the recurrence of chronic pathologies of the urinary canals and various complications against the background of instrumental examination and manipulation in gynecological practice.
Is the treatment of cystitis Palin for everyone?
According to reviews of "Palin" from cystitis, in the process of using this drug, patients can not do without the occurrence of some side effects. And in each case, can manifest their pathological reactions. So, on the part of the digestive organs, the following is possible:
- The appearance of pain in the abdomen, along with diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, heartburn and loss of appetite or lack of it.
- The occurrence of increased gas formation in the intestines.
- It is worth noting that in rare examples pseudomembranous colitis is not excluded, which is inflammation of the intestine caused by anaerobic microorganisms.
From the functioning of the nervous system, the following side effects may occur:
- In extremely rare cases, convulsive seizures occur.
- Just as rarely, headache can be expected in conjunction with visual impairment, depression, agitation, hallucinations, confusion, tremors in the body, sleep disturbances, and the like.
On the part of the functioning of the blood-forming organs and blood, the following is usually observed:
- Very rarely, a decrease in the number of eosinophils acting as a type of white blood cells is noted.
- In elderly patients and in the case of renal dysfunction, a decrease in the number of platelets, that is, platelets of blood that are involved in its clotting, can be recorded.
- Patients with a congenital lack of the enzyme phosphate dehydrogenase may experience hemolytic anemia, that is, anemia due to the destruction of red blood cells.
In addition, allergic manifestations include urticaria along with pruritus, anaphylactic shock (severe immediate reaction with rapid loss of consciousness). In addition, Johnson syndrome, which is a very severe reaction with lesions of the skin and mucous membranes, is not excluded.
Other effects that cannot be ruled out include increased patient sensitivity to sun exposure, that is, photosensitization along with the development of resistance of pathogens of the pathology to the described preparation. It is also possible the emergence of superinfection, when there is a layering of pathology with other pathogens.
Treatment with this remedy
How to take "Palin" for cystitis? This remedy in tablets must be swallowed, it is forbidden to chew. Drug washed down with water (at least one glass). During therapy, the patient should consume at least two liters of fluid per day, controlling the amount of urine. During the period of treatment with "Palin" it is recommended to avoid exposure to direct sunlight and ultraviolet radiation. With long-term drug therapy, it is necessary to control the total blood analysis along with the functions of the liver and kidneys.
Typically, the drug "Palin" is administered 200 milligrams twice a day with an interval of twelve hours. In some situations, for example, against the background of staphylococcal infections, the drug is prescribed in larger quantities, namely, 200 milligrams three times every eight hours. The duration of the treatment course is determined by the doctor individually. The average course of therapy is ten days; if necessary, therapy is extended to six to eight weeks. Patients suffering from severe impaired renal function, carry out the correction dosage of this tool. Women may be prescribed simultaneously with pills, one vaginal suppository once a day at night for seven to ten days.
Interaction with various medications
In the framework of the reception of "Palina" from cystitis for women, the following interaction should be considered:
- Antacids (which are drugs that lower the acidity of the juice in the stomach) and sucralfate may decrease the absorption of the drug in the digestive system. In cases of the need for their combined use, it is necessary to observe the intervals between the use of drugs in two to three hours.
- With prolonged use in conjunction with caffeine and "Theophylline," this drug may contribute to an increase in blood concentrations of these drugs.
- The "Palin" can lead to increased effects of treatment with "Rifampicin", "Warfarin", non-specific anti-inflammatory drugs and "Cimetidine".
- In the framework of the joint appointment of "Palina" with antibiotics from the category of aminoglycosides, an increase in the bactericidal effect on microorganisms is noted.
- Against the background of the simultaneous appointment of "Palina" with other drugs from the quinolone category and with non-narcotic anesthetics, the risk of seizures increases.
"Palin" for children
The tool can cause an increase in muscle tone in children. Pipemidovaya acid, which is the main active ingredient of this drug, accumulates in cartilage tissues. For these reasons, Palin is never used for the treatment of children under fourteen years of age. As part of the treatment of children who are over fourteen years old, the medicine is used for absolutely the same reasons and in the same dosage as for adults.
Studies that would confirm the safety of the use of "Palina" during pregnancy, today is not available. In this regard, this medication is not prescribed for pregnant women. Given that it passes into breast milk, during therapy they should stop breastfeeding the baby.
Reviews of "Palin" from cystitis in women consider in more detail.
In the presence of pyelonephritis
Currently, this medication can be used for the treatment of uncomplicated forms of pyelonephritis. It is advisable to carry out antibacterial treatment, taking into account the sensitivity of bacterial pathogens isolated during bacteriological urinary culture. It is permissible in the first three days of the pathology to begin treatment with “Palina” in usual dosages.
After three days of use, the results of the therapy are evaluated, paying attention to the improvement in overall well-being, and in addition, the indicators of urine analysis. After three days, bacteriological examination of urine will be ready. In the event that the pathogen is sensitive to this medication and there are positive changes in the state of health, the therapy is continued for up to three to six weeks. Periodically conduct repeated bacteriological cultures of urine, along with checking the sensitivity of the pathogen.
In the instructions for use to "Palin" from cystitis analogues are not specified.
Analogues of the drug
The synonyms of the medication under review today are the medicines Pipegal, Pimidel, Urotractin, pimemidic acid, Uropimid and so on. Analogues on the mechanism of action are "Ciprofloxacin", along with "Ciprolet", "Ofloxacin" and "Digran".
Reviews of "Palin" from cystitis
It is worth saying that among the reviews of this medicine there are many positive, as well as negative opinions. Some people note the pronounced therapeutic effect of this tool at a relatively low cost. Such comments account for approximately forty-one percent of the total. Но много также встречается отзывов женщин о «Палине» от цистита, где говорится об отсутствии эффекта от его использования.
The authors of these reports write that the low cost of the drug is consistent with its low quality. It is also important to note that many patients in the network urge others to be treated with more modern drugs. Many authors of reviews of "Palin" from cystitis admit that they are repelled by an excessive number of adverse reactions, in this regard, people are forced to abandon its use and they have to look for analogues.
Cost of medication
So, as noted earlier, the cost of this remedy is not so big, so it is absolutely affordable for citizens. For example, for the format of tablets you need to pay from eighty to one hundred rubles. As for the capsules, they will cost the consumer between one hundred and ninety to two hundred and thirty rubles per pack.
In conclusion, it is worth saying that usually antibiotic therapy is carried out for ten days, but in more severe cases, the pill for cyanitis “Palin” is prescribed for up to eight weeks. In that case, if the doctor recommended to use this medication for a longer time, then the patients should be tested periodically, as there were cases when there were examples of the effect of this drug on blood counts.
We reviewed the instructions for use of "Palin" from cystitis and reviews of this drug.
Palin is an antibiotic of a new generation and the possibility of side effects is maximally reduced. However, it is necessary to take into account the risks of adverse reactions.
Side effects include:
- diarrhea and intestinal or lower abdominal pain,
- vomiting, nausea, bloating, heartburn and flatulence,
- partial or complete loss of appetite
- headaches and cramps,
- impaired vision and hearing
- bad taste in the mouth
- apathy and depression
- hallucinations and movement disorder,
- confusion and panic attacks,
- pruritus and urticaria.
In severe and rare cases, anaphylactic shock may occur, up to a rise in body temperature and loss of consciousness. If this happens, it is necessary to urgently do a gastric lavage and call an ambulance or a doctor.
Rules of administration and dosage
How much to drink Palin from cystitis and the frequency of intake is prescribed by a doctor after conducting appropriate tests and determining the exact cause of the disease.
Capsules and tablets for cystitis drink down 1 tbsp. water. In the treatment of drinking at least 2 liters of fluid. 2 capsules are taken in the morning and in the evening, the course of treatment takes on average 10 days, but is strictly determined by the doctor.
The dosage may vary depending on the therapeutic effect after the first dose and the occurrence of side effects. Candles with Palin with cystitis are placed vaginally 2 times a day: morning and evening.
In the case of long-term therapy, it is necessary to periodically perform biochemical blood and urine tests, in order to avoid latent negative changes in the body associated with side effects.
Palin capsules with antacid agents are prescribed with caution, due to the spontaneous reaction to an increase in gastric acidity and a sharp decrease in absorbability in the gastrointestinal tract. With the inevitability of admission, it is strictly necessary to observe the time cycle between medications - at least 2-3 hours. Palin enhances any antibacterial and anti-inflammatory drugs taken with cystitis and other bacteriological diseases.
It is not recommended to combine at the same time taking the drug and caffeinated beverages or drugs, due to the many-fold increase in the effects of caffeine, especially for patients with heart disease.
Palin's bactericidal antiseptic properties are multiplied when combined with aminoglycoside drugs. Combination with quinolone and analgesic drugs dramatically reduces Palin's drug properties and may cause cramping of the limbs.
Ichthyol suppositories are also used in combination for the treatment of vaginal inflammatory processes, when cystitis is a secondary symptom of disorders in the body.
Advantages over analogues
Palin from cystitis and milder forms of pyelonephritis is prescribed after bacteriological seeding, and after determining the type of pathogen, vaginal suppositories or tablets are prescribed.
Benefits of prescribing Palin for cystitis:
- after two doses of the medicine, there is a sharp withdrawal of the primary symptoms of the disease and an overall improvement in health,
- positive feedback from patients and the experience of using doctors revealed the minimal possibility of recurrence of cystitis,
- the drug rarely has side effects and adverse reactions,
- in some cases, the drug is able to prevent some forms of urological surgery,
- the choice of the produced forms of the tool allows you to drink Palin or use as candles,
- minimum load on the organs of the digestive tract,
- reasonable price due to the production of the drug by domestic pharmaceutical companies.
Reviews of doctors and patients
Christina, Moscow, 27 years old:
“I suffer from cystitis since I was 14 years old, during this time I tried all the preparations and none of them gave a lasting lasting effect. With each arrival of autumn relapses and long treatment began. While the doctor did not prescribe the use of palin suppositories with Indomethacin. After 3 days I felt relief, and after 2 weeks I stopped the course of treatment. Over the next 30 days there was no recurrence and the doctor prescribed Palin capsules for prophylactic purposes, which had to be taken every 3 months and so for 1 year. After following the recommendations for 3 years, as cystitis does not bother me, I lead a full life. ”
Stefania Alexandrovna, St. Petersburg, 42 years:
“For 4 years I suffer from chronic cystitis complicated by pyelonephritis. From time to time during exacerbations I used Monural and metyralucil candles, according to my experience with cystitis, I can’t say that these remedies gave a lasting effect, only for a while symptoms were removed, then everything started anew. Using the medicine Palin had an unexpected positive effect and for 1 year there was no relapse. Using candles gave the maximum effect. "
Karina Stepanovna, urologist with 20 years of experience, Krasnoyarsk:
“In her practice, she prescribed a complex for patients for a long time: candles Betadine + Monural. The effect was quite satisfactory, but they upset the extensive side effects of the gastrointestinal tract and central nervous system. I did not see any other way until this medicine appeared on the market. For experimental purposes, she prescribed to young women under 30 and found no side effects, with a persistent positive therapeutic result. In older patients, negative reactions were also not observed. At the moment, for most women Palin with cystitis is the most advantageous solution in terms of price / quality ratio. ”
Characteristics of the drug
Palin refers to antibiotics. It is used for the treatment of gynecological and urological pathologies. In the composition of the drug, the main active ingredient is pipemidic acid, which has bacteriostatic and bactericidal properties. Due to this, all bacteria not only stop multiplying, but also die at an accelerated pace.
The effect of a particular property depends on the dose of the drug. In that case, if it is large or medium, then bacteriostatic properties are observed, and at small doses bactericidal properties are activated.
Palin tablets for cystitis
In addition to pipemidic acid, the preparation also contains silicon dioxide, starches, magnesium stearate, and dye, gelatin, and methane dioxide are among the excipients. Its release is made in three forms, namely in the form of tablets, capsules or suppositories.
Let out tablets in the bottles containing 20 pieces available. Capsules are in cellular packages of 10 pieces, in a pack sold for two such packages. Candles with palin in case of cystitis in the package produce 10 pieces.
The widespread use of the drug is carried out for the treatment of inflammatory processes that have arisen in the urinary system. Palin is used as uroseptic for cystitis.
It is imperative that inflammation is the result of the presence of microorganisms, for example, isherichia, Klebsiell protei. If anaerobes are detected, the drug will not bring the desired effect.
In addition, it should be remembered that this drug contains acid, which quickly enters the kidneys, prostate gland, bladder. This can be dangerous if the woman is in position or is breastfeeding. Also, it can not be taken by children under 14 years of age.
Before you start treating cystitis with Palin, it is necessary to pass the appropriate tests and identify the cause of the inflammation, because the medicine gives results only in some cases.
Mode of application
Palin tablets and capsules can not be chewed, it must be swallowed and washed down with water in the amount of one cup.
It is very important during the course of treatment to drink plenty of fluids, at least 2 liters per day, and also to control how much urine was produced per day.
It is recommended during this period to avoid direct sunlight, and you should not visit the solarium. Along with Palin, you should not take drugs that contain caffeine, otherwise its effectiveness in this case decreases.
If the drug is used for a long period, then in most cases it is necessary to additionally take antifungal drugs, since fungal infections or superinfections may develop.
Palin dosage is determined based on the form of pathology. If it has no complications, or acute cystitis, the recommended daily dose is 400 mg, and the course of treatment lasts from a week to two.
In chronic cystitis, 400 mg of the drug is also needed per day, but the course of treatment is usually longer and can take up to four weeks.
For the prevention of cystitis medication is taken 10-14 days at 200 mg per day. In all cases, the specified dosage should be divided into two doses.
This dosage and duration of treatment is recommended and should be adjusted by the doctor after examination and testing.
The main properties of the drug
Palin belongs to the quinol antibiotics, and the active active ingredient of the drug is pimemidic acid. Palin's widespread use is due to the fact that it affects pathogens from two fronts at once: it kills harmful bacilli already present in the body, and also prevents their active division. As a result, Palin helps to quickly stop the inflammation and prevent its further spread, the therapeutic effect begins within a couple of hours after the first dose of the drug.
The susceptibility of pathogenic bacteria of different types to the effects of Palin can be expressed in the following table:
The drug effectively acts on the causative agents of cystitis, but at the same time the addiction of the body to the effects of Palin develops very slowly, so that the antibiotic will equally actively fight bacteria during the entire course of treatment of cystitis.
Possible side effects
With the incompatibility of the drug and the human body may cause the following side effects:
- On the part of the digestive system: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, digestive disorders, flatulence, loss of appetite. In rare cases, possible colitis, which is characterized by the presence of an inflammatory process in the intestine.
- From the nervous system: convulsions and seizures, insomnia or drowsiness, severe migraine, dizziness, confusion.
- On the part of the circulatory system: a decrease in the concentration of leukocytes and their varieties, as well as platelets in the blood, the destruction of red blood cells, as a result of which anemia is often observed.
- Allergic and other reactions: urticaria, pruritus, peeling, anaphylactic shock, increased sensitivity to sunlight.
Despite the rather impressive list of side effects, with proper use of the medication according to the instructions for use, the risk of any pathological reaction from the above listed is reduced to almost zero.
The drug can be found on the shelves of pharmacies in three forms:
- Preformed The pills are packaged in a small bottle, it contains 20 pieces of 400 mg each.
- In the form of capsules, which are not packaged in a bottle, and in the usual cellular packaging. One pack of Palin contains two such packs, each of which contains 10 pieces. In one capsule is 200 mg of active ingredient.
- In the form of vaginal suppositories, which are packaged in 10 pieces per package. The concentration of the active substance in the candle is the same as in the capsules: 200 mg.
Important nuances of treatment with Palin
It should be borne in mind that Palin, as indicated in the list of side effects in the instructions for use, can cause a person's hypersensitivity to the sun, so during the course of taking antibiotics, it is necessary to refrain from sunbathing and being outside for a long time in hot weather.
It is necessary to drink up to 2 liters of water per day to increase the work of the kidneys. It is important to monitor the treatment of patients who have been diagnosed with renal or hepatic failure, people who have suffered a stroke, as well as those prone to seizures.
On the background of long-term administration of Palin, the development of superinfection is possible, in which other pathogens are added to one pathogen, and the situation becomes complicated. It is also very likely the rapid development of the fungus in the female body, which sooner or later will lead to candidiasis, so it is necessary to use antifungal drugs in prophylactic doses.
People who have experience with Palist in case of cystitis, in most cases, the reviews are very positive. Patients noted that the symptoms of cystitis begin to subside within a few hours after the first capsule was taken. Due to the fact that the drug is available in capsule format, the shell of which dissolves very quickly, the active active ingredient immediately begins to be absorbed by the intestines and act on the inflammatory focus. The impact of Palin is so effective that the disease does not recur long after the end of the course of treatment.
Palin can be used by most people who do not have the above contraindications. The incompatibility of the components of Palin and the patient’s body was very rarely observed; side effects are also very rare.
In addition, the price of medication is quite small, which allows you to undergo a full treatment and not harm the family budget.
Despite the great effectiveness of Palin, there were a sufficient number of people to whom the medication did not fit for some reason and caused strong side effects. Patients complained of abnormalities in the work of the stomach and intestines, allergic reactions, rashes, and even anaphylactic shock.
That is why the choice of drugs for the treatment of cystitis should be approached most responsibly, because only in this case, you can guarantee not only the absence of side effects and good health during the course of treatment, but also the complete recovery of the patient without the risk of permanent relapse.
Cyprolet for cystitis
In cases where Palin is contraindicated for use, very often Tsiprolet is prescribed for the treatment of cystitis. It is quite a powerful antibiotic that can cure infectious and inflammatory diseases.
The active ingredient here is ciprofloxacin, which has an antibacterial effect. The drug destroys all bacteria that have arisen and ensures that their further reproduction ceases.
Ciprolet can kill 98% of the strains of viruses and bacteria that cause cystitis. The effectiveness of the drug due to the fact that the components contained in it do not cause addiction in microorganisms.
In addition, the active substance for 12 hours maintains a sufficient level of its content in the body, due to which the inhibition of microorganisms occurs all the time.
At the same time, Tsiprolet has many side effects and contraindications, due to which there are cases of refusal to accept it.
So, according to people using Palin for the treatment of cystitis, there is a rapid improvement in well-being and the elimination of symptoms of the disease.
Many consider the drug highly effective, and after the course of treatment they did not return the disease in the near future. It was noted that due to low toxicity, this medicine is well tolerated. Side effects are rare, and even with an overdose, there is no threat to life. Also, patients noticed the ease of release of the drug and its dosage.
In addition, when taking the medicine in capsules, the active substance is released much faster. The drug is compatible with most other medicines. In conclusion, patients note the relatively low price of Palin.
At the same time, there are a number of negative reviews from those patients who suffered a side effect of the drug, and also had an individual intolerance to its components.
After taking the medicine, many people had a great deal of irritability, aggression, depression, convulsions, headache.
In addition, Palin is rarely prescribed to older people because of the possible development of thrombocytopenia, and pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use the drug at all. Patients were also noted that with repeated treatment, its therapeutic effect is much lower.
"Palin" occupies a significant place among the antibiotic drugs of the quinol family. The main active ingredient of the drug is pimemidic acid. The active use of the drug is due to its ability to adversely act on pathogens: first, it blocks the process of their reproduction, and then kills. As a result, "Palin" contributes to the rapid localization of the center of inflammation and prevents the subsequent course of the infection. The effect of the drug appears almost immediately after the start of therapy.
The drug effectively affects the bacteria that cause inflammation, almost not producing an addictive organism. That is why “Palin”, as a medicine for cystitis, is actively working throughout the entire therapeutic course.
Antibiotic agent "Palin" is produced in three forms:
- tablets - 400 mg of active ingredient,
- capsules - 200 mg,
- vaginal suppositories (suppositories) - 200 mg.
After taking "Palina" absorption occurs in the digestive system. The highest content of the drug in the blood is detected a couple of hours after consumption. On the bloodstream means goes, almost unchanged. Almost all of it stands out when urinating in 24 hours.
Why you need to take with cystitis
Experienced urologists advise taking Palin for cystitis, because it has several advantages compared with similar drugs. These include:
- Soon the extinction of the picture of pathology. Patient well-being improves after two doses of the drug.
- According to statistics, after undergoing a course of treatment with Palin, there was no recurrence of the disease.
- The drug causes almost no side effects, and patients tolerate it well.
- It is convenient to make the reception of the required dose.
- Relatively low price.
True, in recent times it is increasingly possible to hear the opinion of experts that the bacteria that cause cystitis, have developed resistance to the drug. Therefore, it is not rarely used as a backup, when it is impossible to use other modern highly effective drugs. But "Palin" is actively used for uncomplicated cystitis and sluggish chronic forms.
Important! Although the drug has virtually no side effects, they need to be treated only as prescribed by a doctor.
Treatment regimen and dosage
After the examination and on the basis of laboratory test results, the doctor makes a final diagnosis and prescribes a course of therapy.
Standard adhere to the following order:
- Acute cystitis - 800 mg divided into two doses per day. Duration of treatment is 7-14 days. So you can beat the disease and remove pathogens from the vagina and intestines.
- Chronic form - 800 mg divided into two doses per day. The course is 14-21 days long, sometimes in combination with antibiotic agents.
- To prevent the manifestation of a recurrent effect, take 800 mg divided into two doses per day. Taking the drug produced 2 days after the provoking situation. Then drink 200 mg twice a day for two weeks. Longer treatment is carried out according to the recommendations of a specialist in special cases (severe and neglected forms of cystitis).
During the course of therapy, the instruction on the use of "Palin" for cystitis prescribes drinking a lot of different fluids for the normal functioning of the kidneys and the excretory system.
Alcoholic beverages cannot be consumed during treatment!
Immediately after taking the next dose of medication (for two hours), it is not recommended to stay in the sun, in the zone of exposure to ultraviolet radiation.
Women in cases of chronic cystitis or recurrent effect to prescribe therapy suppose candles (vaginal suppositories). Course treatment takes into account oral medication. "Palin" take up to 10 days with a daily dose of 200 mg.
With prolonged use of the drug there is a risk of a super infection. Often develop diseases caused by various fungi. Therefore, experienced specialists advise in parallel to produce antifungal therapy (for example, “Zalain”).
Limitations, side effects, overdose
The use of the drug "Palin" in the event of infectious and inflammatory processes do not recommend to people:
- suffering from epilepsy
- with individual hypersensitivity to the drug components,
- who have cramps and seizures,
- with renal failure,
- with liver disease,
- suffered a stroke.
Due to the fact that the main substance of the drug is able to penetrate the placental barrier and into breast milk, so as not to harm the baby, "Palin" is prohibited for women to take during pregnancy and lactation.
Its use as a therapeutic agent is not recommended for older people after 60 years, as well as for children and adolescents under 14 years of age. It has been revealed that “Palin” can influence the concentration of attention, therefore it should be very carefully taken in driving and people in specialized fields of activity.
In cases of exceeding the allowable instruction daily doses during treatment may occur:
- tremor of the arms and legs,
- obscure consciousness.
When identifying signs of overdose do detoxification with gastric lavage, intravenous administration of drugs with sorbing effect. Symptomatic treatment is performed with elimination of convulsions and pain relief.
Interaction with other drugs
"Palin" can not be taken simultaneously with drugs, including caffeine, due to blocking their actions. And the therapeutic effect of anti-inflammatory drugs, it enhances.
Simultaneous intake of "Palina" with anthracid medication is not recommended, due to the decrease in the absorption capacity of the intestine. And also there is a greater likelihood of convulsions.
When used together with anticoagulants, metabolism increases, and their concentration in the blood may be higher than normal, which requires constant monitoring by doctors.
Palin in pediatrics
The drug is prohibited to use for the treatment of children and teenagers, until they reach 14 years of age. It leads to increased muscle tone in children. The main active component of "Palina" is accumulated by cartilage tissue.
After reaching the age of fourteen, the same dosages as for adults are used to treat the child "Palin".
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Due to the fact that the effect of "Palin" on fetal development and on the health of infants is not well understood, its use during pregnancy and during breastfeeding is prohibited. In case of acute need for treatment with an antibiotic for a nursing mother, the baby is transferred to an artificial diet.
What can replace
If necessary, "Palin" can be replaced with a similar medication or pick up a drug with a similar effect.
- "Pimidel". The main active ingredient is pipemidovaya acid. The antibiotic drug works well in case of lower urinary tract infections. Available in the form of capsules coated with a gelatin shell. The drug works by enzymatic reactions that suppress the synthesis of proteins of pathogenic organisms and lead to their death.
- "Uroprimid." It is a complete analogue of "Palina". Appointed in the event of diseases of the urinary and genital systems of infectious genesis. It is also used to prevent the development of infections during surgery or catheterization. It is produced in the form of capsules with a dosage of 400 mg of the main substance (pipemidic acid).
- "Pipemidin". Similar antibacterial drug. Destroys a large number of pathogenic organisms. It is prescribed for infectious and inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary system of acute and chronic forms.
- "Nalidixic acid". The drug is used mainly in infectious diseases of the urinary and reproductive systems, triggered by microorganisms that are sensitive to the drug. It helps especially in the treatment of acute phases of disease. It is also used when carrying out preventive measures in cases of surgical intervention. It is an analogue of the drug "Palin".
Important! Before you replace your prescribed drug with a similar one, you should consult with your doctor about this possibility.
Patients who have taken "Palin" from cystitis, leave feedback on the drug in various forums and special medical