Inflammation of the bladder today worries every third person on our planet, while one of its main varieties is called viral cystitis. The pathogens of this disease are mainly pathogenic microorganisms, in particular, E. coli, penetrating into the urethra from fecal masses. But in some cases, viruses can provoke an unpleasant illness. Treatment of viral cystitis will require other drugs compared to the bacterial form, so it is very important to be examined and determine the type of pathogen before starting treatment. It is best to entrust the development of a treatment regimen to experienced specialists.
The main factors contributing to the development of the disease are severe hypothermia, a decrease in the immune forces of the body, non-compliance with personal hygiene, unprotected sexual intercourse, problems with the structure of the urethra, insufficient lubrication during sex.
The infection can penetrate to the destination in several ways: through the urinary canal (the most common method), the inflammatory processes start in the kidney area, and then gradually descend to the bladder, the spread of infection throughout the body with blood flow. Another option - with the current of lymph, inflammation starts in the area close to the main part of the urogenital system. Whatever way the infection is in the body, the treatment of viral cystitis in women must be carried out immediately in order to avoid the development of unpleasant complications. Among the likely consequences of the disease:
- the formation of other foci of inflammation,
- violation of the urinary system,
- peritonitis (with the development of necrotic or ulcerative disease).
Causative agents of viral cystitis
The main likely catalysts for viral cystitis in children and adults include:
- flu virus. When microorganisms penetrate directly into the bladder, the urge to urinate is often noticed, and after a while all the symptoms of viral cystitis appear,
- adenoviruses, provoking SARS. The infection spreads with the blood flow to all parts of the body, including the main component of the urogenital system,
- The herpes virus infects the body mainly through various microcracks. Basically, this form is subject to the female body. There is often a rash on the external genitalia,
- cytomegalovirus may not cause any inconvenience for a long time. With the fall of the body's defenses, they can be activated and provoke an unpleasant disease.
Symptoms and diagnosis of viral cystitis
It is absolutely impossible to confuse this disease with another, as it is characterized by pronounced symptoms:
- severe pain in the process of urination, especially towards the end of the process,
- constant desire to empty the bladder both during the day and at night,
- constantly disturbing pain in the lower abdomen,
- the presence of blood impurities in urine,
- fever, breakdown,
- change in the organoleptic properties of urine, there is a turbidity and a change in smell.
Diagnosis includes several stages. In order to detect inflammatory processes and determine the type of pathogen, urine and blood tests that are known to all are taken, urine culture is done on a Petri dish. Further, cystoscopy is performed. The procedure consists in guiding the device into the urinary canal and then directly into the bladder. With this method, you can assess the condition of the body, the size of inflammatory processes. Using this method, it is determined whether cysts have formed, whether there are no malignant tumors. A thorough examination allows you to fully assess the situation and properly develop a treatment regimen.
Treatment of viral cystitis
Let us turn to the question of how to treat viral cystitis. The treatment is based on the use of antiviral drugs. Taking antibiotics in such a situation is ineffective and often leads only to a worsening of the situation. They provoke a weakening of the immune system and the progression of inflammatory processes. The main drugs recommended by experienced specialists are viferon (comes in the form of a candle, quickly fights the cause of the disease), gelon (removes the cause of the disease and repairs damaged areas), acyclovir (antiviral medication). In the treatment of viral herpes cystitis suppositories are the most effective means.
With symptoms of viral cystitis, treatment should be based on following a proper diet and drinking regimen. The basis of the daily menu is porridges (oatmeal, buckwheat), dairy products (light low-fat cottage cheese, natural homemade yoghurts), fruits and vegetables, with the exception of citrus fruits, legumes, and tomatoes. In addition to non-carbonated water, some fruit juices, herbal teas, compotes, and fruit drinks will do. Cranberry juice has powerful antiviral and antibacterial properties.
We also offer to visit our cystitis forum, reviews can help you a lot or leave your comments. Remember that by sharing your experience you can help someone as much as you can.
Diagnosis and treatment
For proper cure, it is necessary to determine the type of the disease, its stage. For accurate diagnosis, blood and urine tests must be taken (bacterial culture and sensitivity to antibiotics) and examined by a urologist. You may need cystoscopy or ultrasound. Women also should not forget about regular visits to the gynecologist.
When medicamentous relief of urinary tract inflammations, the attending physician prescribes a course of medication, nutrition correction, compliance with a benign mode of life for the duration of treatment.
According to test results, the doctor prescribes treatment. For each type of inflammation there is an appropriate therapy. Treatment of viral cystitis will require antibiotics, antiviral drugs (arbidol, amixin) and immunomodulators.
There is a wide range of modern antibacterial drugs that have been successfully used to treat all sorts of inflammations of the urinary system:
- Monural - broad spectrum antibacterial drug.
- Nolitsilin - is prescribed for urinary tract infection.
- Furagin - can also be used to prevent infection.
- Nitroxoline - this antibacterial agent is perfect for children.
The group of plant phytodrugs, such as cystone, canephron, and monurel, have proved themselves to be good for treating cystitis
When pain syndrome may need a spasmolytic or pain medication, for example, no-shpa, spazmalgon.
Combined therapy of pathologies of the urinary system of various etiologies includes taking anti-inflammatory drugs: indomethacin, nimesulide.
It is easier to prevent the possibility of the occurrence of the disease than to treat it. Therefore, following a simple set of recommendations, disorders can be avoided:
- drinking mode - at least 2 liters of water per day,
- do not supercool
- not to allow constipation, delays in urination (dysuria rate for an adult 5-6 times a day),
- observe personal hygiene, including in the intimate sphere,
- for personal care procedures use products with a neutral alkaline balance,
- do not wear too tight clothes, thongs,
- change gaskets more often.
At the first sign of suspicion of exacerbation, it should not be delayed with prevention. With chronic undertreated disease, the kidneys are affected, there is a risk of developing pyelonephritis.