I looked through the materials of the forum, but did not find specific recommendations. Maybe someone can tell or share experiences.
The loin hurts, and very much. It hurts to walk, and especially to get up from a sitting or lying position. Raising the baby is also painful. I would not like to interrupt breastfeeding, but I picked it up very well. What can be done without interrupting breastfeeding? In some post, Elena Petrovna wrote that while breastfeeding something can still be taken from the pain, but what? All the drugs I know, according to the instructions, are not suitable.
There was a similar situation with the first child, but neurologists all spoke in one voice - nothing is possible, you can drink vodka and that's all. But one vodka, I fear, will not do. Tried Nurofen gel, it seems he is not contraindicated, but there is no special effect yet. Another neurologist advised fixing bandage, while just starting to try to wear it.
I would be grateful for the advice and feedback!
I have a hernia of the back and, accordingly, periodically severe pain. The one-year-old child, when she was 5 months old, and on GW there was another severe infringement. In general: 1) if there is an opportunity to agree in the clinic for physical procedures - do amplipulse (provided that there are no problems in gynecology) and ultrasound.
2) if there is a possibility of massage - Very calm, non-traumatic massage.
3) Viburcol candles can be used (But these candles are homeopathy, so at your discretion).
Based on the instructions of the drug nurofen gel, you can use with GW.
No vodka and other lotions! it does not help + alcohol is absorbed into the skin, it can get into your body.
Show all 6 comments
During acute pain and not necessary. It is recommended as follows: in the acute period of 4-7 days rest, after the opposite physical tension, namely hotba. This is the most optimal charge for the spine.
Painkillers during pregnancy and breastfeeding
The pain is familiar to everyone. And as well, that modern medicine can offer a wide range of drugs that relieve pain. But what kind of painkiller is possible during pregnancy and breastfeeding? Indeed, during these periods of life a woman is responsible for the health of her child. And each mother tries not to harm her baby. At the same time, a pregnant or nursing woman, like the other person, is subject to pain. Therefore, it is very important to choose the right painkillers during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
What anesthetic is possible during pregnancy
It is natural that the expectant mother taking any medication causes concern. But there are painkillers that can be taken by pregnant women. Of course, it is better if you prescribe such medicine will be a doctor.
All experts agree that paracetamol is the safest analgesic during pregnancy. This tool is most often recommended by doctors as an analgesic for future mothers. Paracetamol has the ability to reduce pain of low intensity, while having antipyretic and anti-inflammatory effects. Although this drug penetrates the placenta, it does not adversely affect the development of the fetus. The only contraindication to receiving Paracetamol may be an individual intolerance to this remedy. This painkiller can be used on any period of pregnancy.
Paracetamol-based medicines (Efferalgan, Fervex) are recommended to be taken in the second trimester of pregnancy. They are successfully used in the treatment of colds, which are accompanied by headaches and sore throat.
Well-known Analgin is forbidden to take as an analgesic during pregnancy in the first and third trimesters of pregnancy. It is possible to take this drug once in the second trimester. Long-term use of Analgin can cause pathology in the development of the fetus. In addition, doctors indicate that due to the property of Analgin to thin the blood, its reception may contribute to a decrease in hemoglobin level.
The approved painkillers during pregnancy include Riabal and No-spa. They have an antispasmodic effect and at the same time do not have a negative effect on the fetus. Another advantage of No-shpy for a pregnant woman is her ability to weaken the tone of the uterus of a woman.
Such drug as Diclofenac (Voltaren) is approved for use in future mothers. It refers to nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Voltaren Gel, which is an analogue of Diclofenac, is successfully used to relieve back pain during pregnancy, pain in the ligaments and joints. It can be applied to pregnant women in the first and second trimesters. In the third trimester - only under the supervision of a specialist.
Sometimes Nurofen is used as an anesthetic for pregnancy. This tool is very important to take with strict compliance with the dosage and under the supervision of a physician. But in the third trimester, a pregnant woman should refuse to accept it.
There are many painkillers ointments. But during pregnancy, many of them can not be used. So it is necessary to abandon Dimexidum, ointments that contain bee and snake poisons.
All the drugs that the nursing mother takes are fed into the child’s body with breast milk and are deposited in it. It is characteristic that in babies these substances accumulate in the same organs as in adults. But in babies, the negative effect of the drug is much stronger and faster than that of its mother.
So how to choose a painkiller when breastfeeding?
Experts have compiled a list of drugs that can help the mother to relieve pain, and at the same time will not have a negative impact on her child.
Doctors allow a nursing woman to take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as Ibuprofen, Ketoprofen, Naproxen. But it is very important that these drugs are not used for a long time, it is better if these are one-time receptions.
If you have a headache as a painkiller for breastfeeding, you can drink Paracetamol tablet. Knowledgeable people are advised to drink a tablet of green tea strong tea.
Lactocaine or Ultracain can soothe a nursing mom. Doctors point to a very short action of these medicines and their rapid removal from the body.
You can not use as an anesthetic for breastfeeding Analgin, which has a negative effect on the kidneys and the hematopoietic system. Analgin is contained in Tempalgin, Sedalgin, Pentalgin.
Citramon containing aspirin is also not recommended for women who are nursing a baby. It can cause a breakdown in the liver and can prevent the testicles from dropping into the scrotum in boys.
To entrust the choice of painkiller during pregnancy and breastfeeding a woman must a doctor. Only in this case, you can minimize all the risks from taking the drug in both mother and baby.
Back pain after childbirth
Childbirth is both the most important event in the life of a woman and a period of ordeal. The load on the skeleton and vital organs during pregnancy increases many times. The vertebral curves change, the muscles and ligaments of the lower lumbar and pelvic regions stretch. All this leads to back pain even with symptoms of lumbar ischialgia. But pregnancy and childbirth are over, and the pain has not gone away. Women worry and worry: why does back pain after childbirth .
Back pain after childbirth is a natural occurrence due to many causes.
Causes of back pain after childbirth
Back pain after childbirth - the same natural phenomenon as pain during pregnancy
There are many reasons for this:
- Changes in the female body occurred for nine months. It is impossible for the biological mechanism that triggered these processes to instantly reorganize after childbirth for reverse processes.. It will take at least six months and even more so that everything returns to normal
- Gradually, the weight, shape, and posture of the woman will change. But while she still has lumbar lordosis: the belly is pushed forward, the shoulders are pulled back. This posture with a displaced center of gravity leads to tension in the back muscles. The muscles of the abdomen, on the contrary, are stretched and weakened. Lumbar triangles are weakened: there is a gap not only for the occurrence of pain, but also for the lumbosacral hernia L5 - S1.
That is why therapeutic exercises after childbirth are so important. This is not to please the desire of a woman to be always attractive, although this is an important factor, but simply a vital necessity in order to avoid serious vertebral pathologies.
The effect of birth injury on back pain
The very nature of childbirth also affects: few of them have a smooth flow. During labor, the pelvic bones diverge, and huge loads fall on the joints, muscles and ligaments of the pelvis. The following birth injuries may occur:
- Subluxations of the lumbosacral and femur joints, especially:
- women with more weight
- untrained mothers
- when taking painkillers during childbirth
Without feeling pain, the woman does not participate in childbirth, which leads to birth trauma.
What does it mean to participate in childbirth? Proper breathing is very important during contractions, the adoption of posture that contributes to the normal exit of the fetus.
During labor, the pelvic bones diverge, and joints, muscles, and ligaments may be injured.
Stitched seams heal for a very long time, and cause a lot of trouble:
- Pains worse when walking
- Pelvic distortion
- Violation of the biomechanics of the spine, especially in the lumbosacral (transition L5 - S1)
- A woman instinctively tries to take a position in which it does not hurt, and this leads to spinal curvature in all parts of the back and muscle asymmetry.
How to treat this postpartum pain, when it is impossible to use painkillers because of feeding?
The fact is that they will not help, as pain is not the fault of inflammation.
Eliminate the pelvic bias, and hence the problem, can only osteopath, producing a balance of the pelvic muscles
Lactation and postpartum back pain
Accelerates dystrophic processes in the spine and hormones of a nursing woman.
The entire lactation period for a woman is an increased amount of prolactin and insufficient estrogen, which causes menopause. And although women usually feed a child up to a year, and during this time, bone density due to estrogen deficiency is not much reduced, however, along with the additional factors that are available, lactation can lead to osteoporotic events and back pain.
However, this does not mean that a woman should give up artificial feeding as soon as possible after giving birth. The harm from such a rash act will be much greater than from breastfeeding, both for the child and for the mother. Why?
- Everyone knows that breast milk boosts baby's immunity. As long as he sucks, does not have colds and is growing healthier
- Women who have switched to early breast-feeding have a much greater risk of breast cancer than mothers who faithfully nursing for the entire term
After the end of the lactation period, the hormones return to normal, and the bones very quickly recover to their previous density.
How to protect yourself from back pain
The back sometimes hurts a lot from the very lifestyle after birth. A young mother is not up to rest, although thanks to progress, the life of a modern mother is much simpler than that of our grandmothers:
- No need, hunched over, continuously wash diapers: good, there are diapers and automatic machines
- There is no need for the hands to carry the child to the children's clinic, as there are comfortable strollers, kangaroo bags, slings
However, you still need to bathe the child, swaddle him, feed him, sometimes lull in his arms. And all this requires dynamics and effort for the back.
What can advise women with back pain after childbirth?
When caring for your child, try to ensure a comfortable posture, do not provoke pain
Do not provoke pain.
Make your posture during all this pleasant work as comfortable as possible for you:
- Bathing is quite a long process, and it will be difficult to hold it with a bowed back. Create a stand for the bath so that it is at the level of the waist
- The height of the crib and changing area must also be adjusted. You can swaddle and sitting on the couch
- Feed comfortably baby lying on its side or sitting in a chair, putting a pillow under his back, placing his feet on a low bench
- If you want to take the baby in your arms from the floor, do not do this with a stoop: sit with your back straight and slowly rise with your legs. But it requires a certain strength in the legs and training. On the one hand, this is a useful exercise, but if you feel that the strength is clearly not enough, do not overload yourself, but rather ask someone to do it for you and pass the child from hand to hand
- Train your back muscles and abdomen daily with exercises, ranging from the simplest in the first days after birth, then gradually complicating them.
- If you have a bad back and there is a birth trauma, a hernia of the spine or some other disease, then all work on caring for a child that requires increased tension, perform in a corset
To treat or not to treat - the question
The main cause of back pain during breastfeeding is degenerative-dystrophic changes in the spine, which occurred before pregnancy and worsened during its course.
The least protected parts of the spine are the cervical and lumbar spine (the thoracic part is “strengthened” in the form of ribs), and it is in the lower back and neck that the patient risks to feel pain most often.
Nursing mothers for several months experienced loads on the back, for which the body was not sufficiently prepared.
To these loads are added forced postures during feeding, often incorrect, violation of the regime - women do not sleep long enough and qualitatively, uncomfortable postures during sleep, etc.
The main question is how to treat your back during breastfeeding? The answer depends on what kind of diagnosis is made to the patient - jokes with the spine can end badly, up to loss of limb mobility in the future, therefore timely and accurate diagnosis is the key to health and successful treatment.
Diagnosis of spinal diseases
Diagnosis of spinal diseases consists of several stages:
- Clinical picture: the doctor on the basis of a conversation with the patient and examination makes a preliminary diagnosis, which can be subsequently confirmed or refuted.
- X-ray. With this method, the doctor identifies possible pathology in the bone tissues of the spine: fractures, improper location of the disks, etc.
- Magnetic resonance imaging. One of the safest methods of investigation, since MRI is not a beam diagnosis. At the same time, the results of the study give an idea not only about the bone tissue, but also about the soft tissues too: cartilage, tumors, hernia - all this can be seen on an MRI.
- Computed tomography - a method similar to radiography, but more accurate in identifying pathologies of the bone structure of a particular vertebra.
- Ultrasound. Absolutely not a risky method, it is often used to study vessels in the detection of pathology in the cervical spine.
- Electromyography allows to assess the state of the motor nerves and is the only invasive method listed in the list.
So, the patient has a back ache during lactation, diagnostics is necessary. Many are concerned about the safety of research methods.
Radiation techniques (radiography and CT) are the most dangerous, and doctors prefer to refuse them when diagnosing and treating back pain during breastfeeding in the absence of need, that is, if the risk to the child exceeds the benefit to the mother.
An MRI during lactation does not adversely affect the health of the mother or child.
In any case, the decision on the use of a particular diagnostic method is made by the attending physician, guided by considerations of the safety and health of the patient - sometimes back pain is a greater cause for concern than the minimum dose of radiation.
If you still treat ...
You can get rid of back pain, while breastfeeding imposes certain restrictions.
Ways to get rid of back pain:
- Traditional medicine: rubbing, herbal baths, etc.
Exercise therapy is always good, especially when it comes to gentle exercises, mainly designed to relax the muscles in the area of pain.
And this is precisely the method of treatment that can be used during breastfeeding, while maintaining a healthy measure - without undue diligence.
Грудное вскармливание не является противопоказанием к массажу спины, а вот боли не выясненной этиологии - являются: есть риск значительно ухудшить состояние пациента. Массаж стоит использовать как метод избавления от боли или лечения только по рекомендации врача.
Anesthetic effect is mainly provided by the drugs of two groups - non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and antispasmodics.
NSAIDs in any form of release should be used with caution during lactation and only after consulting a doctor.
Antispasmodics are ineffective in the treatment of back pain, and their use is also possible strictly for the purpose of a specialist.
Folk remedies in their arsenal have rubbing with various warming substances - alcohol-containing, for example, or herbal infusions that cause reflex irritation.
Rubbing back with alcohol during breastfeeding is possible if the doctor considers it safe.
Herbal infusions can cause allergies in the baby, and they can smell and cause disgust in the baby before feeding.
It is very important to avoid any heating of the painful area: no heating pads or hot baths should be present before making an accurate diagnosis. Back pain can be not only neurological in nature.
They can be caused by inflammation in the kidneys and the pelvis. High temperature increases inflammation, so any provocation should be avoided before undergoing differential diagnosis.
In the presence of pain in the spine, it is necessary to look wider and take into account all the features of the body that are relevant for the diagnosis at the moment. And only a specialist can fully do this.
A selection of my useful materials on the health of the spine and joints, which I recommend you to look at:
Also look at a lot of useful additional materials in my communities and accounts on social networks:
Denial of responsibility
The information in the articles is intended solely for general information and should not be used for self-diagnosis of health problems or for medical purposes. This article is not a substitute for medical advice from a doctor (neurologist, therapist). Please consult your doctor first to know exactly the cause of your health problem.
Causes of a woman's back pain after childbirth
During pregnancy, there is a serious restructuring of the body. Closer to childbirth cartilage becomes soft and supple. The pelvic bones diverge to the sides. This happens to make it easier for the child to pass through the natural birth canal.
These processes entail changes in the lumbosacral spine. The root cause of back pain is the process of cartilage tissue returning to its normal position.
Young mothers after childbirth begin to be disturbed by many problems, including back pain
But there are other causes of back pain:
- returning the internal organs, displaced by the uterus, to their former places, which often occurs painfully,
- the child’s exit through the birth canal, during which the vertebrae can be displaced and (or) pinched discs, nerve endings,
- stretching the muscles of the back and spine, triggered by weight gain during pregnancy,
- a change in posture during pregnancy due to a growing abdomen,
- scoliosis or osteochondrosis, aggravated during childbirth,
- effects of epidural anesthesia
- intervertebral hernia,
- exacerbated chronic diseases (diseases of the kidneys, intestines, etc.).
After a few months after birth, the joints, muscles and ligaments return to normal. In the postpartum period, women need to monitor their posture, not to overstrain their backs.
Back pain treatment for breastfeeding
Do not ignore the pain in the back and let the situation flow. During the period of breastfeeding, a woman should ensure herself as comfortable as possible. There are several ways to treat back pain.
Massage promotes muscle relaxation and the removal or reduction of pain. However, it can affect lactation both positively and negatively.
For the formation of breast milk, the hormone prolactin is responsible, the production of which in the presence of pain may decrease, and, conversely, if the woman experiences pleasant sensations during the massage, the intake of milk may increase.
Therefore, the massage should be pleasant and relaxing and in no way cause pain.
It should be borne in mind that massage affects not only the zone of contact between the hands and the body, but also the work of the body as a whole. In this regard, the most correct will be the appointment of a massage by a doctor, and its holding by a specialist. A professional will select a massage complex optimally suited to a nursing woman and promoting recovery after childbirth.
However, if for some reason you do not want to resort to the help of physicians, it is quite possible to ask a loved one to massage the lower back, shoulder blade area, and neck area.
You will learn more about massage after giving birth in the article - Massage for nursing mothers: what is possible and what is not.
Back massage is a procedure that often helps with severe back pain.
Recommendations that should be followed by a nursing mom receiving a massage:
- massage should be carried out immediately after feeding, when the breast is emptied,
- the duration of the procedure should not exceed 30 minutes
- massage course lasts no more than 10 days,
- in order to avoid allergies in the newborn for massage use the same tool (milk or butter) that is used to care for the baby,
- take a warm shower before a massage
- Massage should be carried out either in a sitting position on a chair or lying on its side. It is permissible to lie down on the stomach only for a few minutes, having previously placed a soft roller under the breast,
- It is impossible to prevent the occurrence of pain. At the first sign of discomfort, you should inform the masseur to change the massage technique.
Pepper plaster is a local anti-irritant painkiller that warms and accelerates blood circulation.
For back pain, pepper patch is used successfully.
This tool is a small piece of fabric base on which the active ingredients are applied: extracts of beladonna and paprika. It is attached to the body with a sticky layer applied, the basis of which is rubber glue. To accelerate the penetration of therapeutic extracts into the skin, lanolin oil and petrolatum are included. None of these components is contraindicated during breastfeeding.
Capsicum affects skin receptors and muscle fibers, activating blood circulation at the site of application, due to which blood vessels dilate. This increases the nutrition of tissues, muscles, tendons and ligaments, relieves inflammation and pain disappears. Belladonna relaxes smooth muscles and relieves spasm.
In the first minutes after sticking the patch, a burning sensation is experienced. Then it passes, leaving a feeling of pleasantly spreading heat.
This is a very effective, safe and inexpensive remedy for the treatment of back pain, elimination of discomfort in osteochondrosis, hernia and other diseases.
Ointment Finalgon and Voltaren when breastfeeding
For back pains, it is often recommended to use warming ointments. It is important to clarify whether they are compatible with breastfeeding.
Final – It is a preparation of local irritating and analgesic action.
Finalgon is permissible to use when breastfeeding
The composition of the ointment includes two active ingredients:
- nonivamide. It is a synthetic analog of capsicum. Interacting with skin receptors, it affects nerve endings, dilates blood vessels and blocks pain,
- nikoboksil. Is a synthetic derivative of nicotinic acid, which has the properties of the expansion of blood vessels, relaxing their walls and activating the blood flow. It has an analgesic effect.
These two substances complement each other. Acting simultaneously, they successfully stop pain.
According to the instructions, Finalgon is not recommended for use during breastfeeding, since studies of the effect of the drug on lactation have not been conducted. Before using this tool, a consultation with a doctor is necessary, which, based on the specific situation, taking into account all possible risks and expected benefits, will decide whether or not to use this ointment.
The active ingredient of the drug Voltaren is diclofenac diethylamine, which acts on the inflamed muscles, regenerates damaged tissue and suppresses pain in the joints.
Voltaren and breastfeeding incompatible
A distinctive feature of this ointment is the effect of cooling the skin, giving a feeling of comfort.
In addition to diclofenac, the ointment contains liquid paraffin, which improves the penetration of the main active substance and enhances its effect.
In the instructions for use for Voltaren ointment, the lactation period is listed in the section "Contraindications". Voltaren is considered to be a very effective treatment for back pain, however, since it is contraindicated for breastfeeding, you should either stop breastfeeding or consider other therapy options.
To relieve pain, it is recommended to follow the following rules:
- in case of discomfort in any area of the back, try to lie down and relax,
- correctly distribute the load on the spine when lifting objects: do not bend down, but lift the object from a sitting position,
- while feeding the baby try to take a comfortable position
- often walk, which contributes to muscle recovery,
- try not to carry a child in your arms for a long time. If the need arises, you should use a sling that performs a dual function: transporting the child and supporting the back muscles.
Surgeries for back pain
If a breastfeeding woman doesn’t feel any pain in the back and doesn’t take proper care of the child, she needs to consult a neurologist. A competent specialist will form a picture of a clinical case and, depending on the conclusions made, will either prescribe treatment if the diagnosis is obvious, or prescribe examinations for accurate statement of a medical report.
Radiography is the most common method for studying internal organs by electromagnetic radiation.
Spinal x-rays are a common type of analysis for pain in the back.
This procedure is prescribed when it is necessary to diagnose the condition of internal organs (in case of back pain - of the spine and joints) in order to obtain a visual representation of pathological changes.
Although, in terms of evidence-based medicine, breastfeeding is not a contraindication to this type of examination, many doctors still recommend abstaining from it. The negative effect of X-ray radiation on breast milk has not been proven.
Considering the prevailing stereotypes, it is not accepted to prescribe X-rays in the lactation period, rather than contraindicated.
Some doctors believe that after the procedure X-ray should not breastfeed the whole day. Others recommend to refrain from feeding for several hours. Others do not even see the relationship between this type of diagnosis and breastfeeding. For example, the well-known pediatrician E. O. Komarovsky is sure that there is no reason to decant or wait for any period after an x-ray. Only a woman is exposed to radiation.
Magnetic resonance imaging
Magnetic resonance imaging is much more informative than radiography. This is a method of obtaining images of internal organs using nuclear magnetic resonance. Electromagnetic waves emitted by the device are completely harmless. Therefore, an MRI scan can be performed without fear for the health of the baby.
MRI - one of the most informative studies in diseases of the spine
In addition, this diagnostic method is considered the most reliable, because the image is issued in three planes.
More information about MRI for nursing mothers in the article - MRI during breastfeeding: is it permissible?
In some cases, for an MRI, it is necessary to inject a contrast agent subcutaneously into breast milk. Since the effect of this substance on the health of the baby has not been studied, experts recommend taking safety measures and refrain from breastfeeding for the next day after the study.
Spinal osteochondrosis in a nursing mother: symptoms and treatment
Osteochondrosis is a disease in which intervertebral discs are affected, compressed by a constricted spine, which subsequently leads to its dysfunction. Vertebral mobility and disc flexibility are reduced.
Spinal osteochondrosis is considered the main cause of back pain.
Recognize osteochondrosis by the following symptoms:
- aching pain in the back or neck
- possible pain in the chest, arm and shoulder, buttock, leg,
- numbness of muscles, feeling of being overstressed,
- headache, tinnitus, dark spots in the eyes, severe dizziness, nausea, and even vomiting if blood vessels are constricted.
Cervical osteochondrosis affects the cervical spine.
Distinctive signs of cervical osteochondrosis:
- severe prolonged headaches
- a feeling of compression of the skull,
- weakness in the legs
- numbness in the shoulders
- impaired vision and hearing
- lack of coordination of movements,
- difficulty turning the head.
Osteochondrosis is diagnosed and treated only by a doctor. A qualified specialist in the results of the examination and depending on the severity of the disease may appoint:
- physiotherapy treatment, such as swimming,
- physical therapy,
- drug treatment. It may be resolved during lactation analgesic and warming drugs, but there is a possible treatment option that is incompatible with breastfeeding,
- surgery - in the presence of serious complications.
Symptoms and treatment of intervertebral hernia
Hernia in the spine is one of the most serious diseases of the musculoskeletal system. There is a destruction of the intervertebral disc, its extension beyond the vertebral canal. The intervertebral disc connects the vertebrae, providing the motor function of the spine. Hernia contributes to the emergence of severe pain, interfering with a full life. Symptoms of a hernia in the spine: ·
- sharp pain at the slightest movement, ·
- severe pain at the site of hernia with pressure,
- bulging of the intervertebral discs so that it is noticeable upon visual inspection, ·
- severe pain in the abdomen, if hernia affects the lower back,
- pain in the heart, stiffness in the chest, shortness of breath with a hernia in the thoracic spine,
- jumps in blood pressure, severe headaches and pain in the neck with a hernia in the cervical region. Often one of the causes of back pain is a herniated disc.
Tactics treatment produces a doctor. Possible options:
- drug treatment. In especially serious cases, doctors advise you to stop breastfeeding, because it is impossible to fully treat it,
- wearing a postpartum corset, which can be recommended at the initial stage of the disease to reduce pain,
- spinal traction - stretching the back with the help of mechanical devices,
- hernia surgery.
Causes of pain
The causes of back pain during breastfeeding may be different. Their nature, intensity, frequency and some other signs are important. Only a specialist can definitively establish the true cause of pain, and one should not hesitate to go to it if something is constantly troubling.
Every modern person has manifestations of spinal osteochondrosis. Light crunching in the neck when turning it is one of the symptoms. Osteochondrosis - dystrophic-atrophic changes in the spine and its structures (disks, etc.). The progression of the disease leads to constant back pain, radiculitis, hernias and their protrusion, the development of osteophytes, scoliosis, etc.
The development of the disease leads a modern sedentary lifestyle, food on the run or in fast foods and many other reasons. And often the first signs of osteochondrosis appear in a woman during the period of breastfeeding with back pain. This is due to several reasons:
- Increased load on the lumbar spine during pregnancy. The more kilograms gained during the period of gestation, the more pronounced manifestations. Also, with multiple pregnancies, the load increases proportionally. Sometimes women try to wear supporting belts, but they do not always save, especially if a hernia has already been formed, which for a long time may be asymptomatic.
- Flat feet in a woman who was before pregnancy. It can also be formed in the process of gestation due to an increase in body weight and a change in the center of gravity. In this case, it is functional and takes place gradually after delivery, sometimes the process may take several years.
- Неудобные позы во время кормления малыша, а также постоянные повышенные нагрузки на поясницу при пеленании (если неправильно выбрана высота до площадки), при поднятии крохи и т.п. Поэтому очень важно рационально организовать свой режим дня и места для отдыха, в том числе с ребенком.
- Малоподвижный образ жизни, с которым сталкивается большинство женщин после родов, особенно в зимние месяцы и первое время после родов. It is important to go back to the former way of life as quickly as possible, including exercise, warm-up, yoga, back exercises, etc.
It is necessary to consider, if the manifestations of osteochondrosis (and these are hernias, acute radiculitis pains, after injuries, etc.) were before the woman before pregnancy, then you need to carefully monitor your well-being during gestation, to take all necessary preventive measures to prevent the situation from worsening .
The clinical picture of osteochondrosis is diverse, it all depends on the degree of neglect of the pathological process. Most often, pain is localized in the lower back, but it can also be in the cervical and thoracic regions. It arises suddenly, with sudden movements, turns.
In a stationary state, the pain is reduced, as well as during fixation (for example, with an elastic belt). But for a long time to be in such a forced position is difficult. The pain may radiate to the hip along the sciatic nerve, and even give to the heel. Sometimes there is numbness and decreased sensitivity in certain places.
Sciatic nerve impairment may occur. At the same time, pain in the lumbar region begins and sharply “shoots” into the thigh.
Renal colic, pyelonephritis
After birth, various chronic diseases often become acute, especially the infectious pathology of the urinary system. The clinical picture and pain may not be quite classic.
If a woman has ever had pyelonephritis, then the probability of recurrence of the pathology during pregnancy and immediately after giving birth is very high. There are back pain, high fever (sometimes up to 39 - 40 degrees), general symptoms of intoxication (weakness, lethargy, drowsiness, apathy). Also in the analyzes of urine obvious changes of inflammatory nature.
Sometimes general well-being and back pain are so little pronounced that women may pay little attention to it. Therefore, all risk groups are subject to detailed examination on the eve of discharge from the hospital and after some time.
Back pains are also localized at the level of the kidneys, they are so intense that the woman can neither sit nor stand. Immediately after antispasmodics and analgesics, all symptoms stop.
Back pain occurs in the area of localization of the inflamed muscle. Any movements that involve this area lead to unpleasant sensations. Most often, this condition is observed in the neck and shoulders or lower back. The general condition does not suffer. The pain passes after warming up and the use of anti-inflammatory drugs.
Myositis may occur in mom with uncomfortable postures when feeding. Especially if a woman falls asleep in such positions. Therefore, it is important to properly and comfortably organize a place of rest, so as not to provoke pain.
Pathology of internal organs
Often, various diseases of internal organs can be manifested by increased sensitivity in the areas of projection. So, with a rigid diet, a nursing mother may have a fit of cholecystitis or pancreatitis. In this case, the pain will be localized in the right or left hypochondrium, at this level in the back, its “shingles” character is often described.
For problems with the esophagus, stomach, or duodenum, discomfort of varying intensity occurs in the thoracic region and at the beginning of the lumbar spine.
Diseases of the pelvic organs
Pain in the sacrum or lower back can also indicate endometritis, inflammation of the appendages, etc. This can happen a week or two after childbirth, and a few months later.
Against the background of pain, as a rule, there are excretions of a pathological nature - with an unpleasant smell, brown, dull or greenish tint.
Also, if a uterus myoma has been detected in a woman before pregnancy, a delivery disorder with a clinical picture similar to the inflammatory process may occur after delivery.
Sometimes back pain can indicate a developing cancer pathology. So, pulling discomfort in the bones and adjacent muscles may indicate myeloma, metastases of other tumors, various forms of leukemia.
Watch the video about back pain after childbirth:
When you need to visit a doctor
It is not necessary to wait that all symptoms disappear independently. Even a weakly disturbing osteochondrosis may ultimately turn out to be a hernia protrusion, which often requires surgical treatment.
Only a qualified specialist, after examining and clarifying the disease, can give advice on how to prevent the progression of the disease. He will also prescribe the most effective and safe treatment for mother and baby in back pain during breastfeeding.
But women first of all monitor the health and well-being of the baby, leaving everything up until "it is already impossible to endure." In the following situations, you should not postpone a visit to the doctor:
- With constant back pain, which is only stopped for a while by taking analgesics. Often it is necessary to take a forced position.
- With the occurrence of paroxysmal, unbearable pain, when even getting out of bed is impossible.
- If the body temperature rises above 37.5 degrees when measured in the elbow bend. And also in the case when a long subfebrile condition persists.
- If the pain "shoots" in the leg, is shingles or other atypical character.
- In the case when there are parallel pathological discharge from the genital tract.
- If the pain is accompanied by digestive disorders - a bitter taste in the mouth, flatulence, belching, loose stools, nausea, vomiting, etc.
What examination is desirable to pass
If you suspect a disease, you can contact a specialist. But if there are no assumptions, you should go to a general practitioner or a local / family doctor who, if necessary, directs him to an additional examination. Most often, when back pain occurs, the following studies are listed:
- General analysis of blood and urine, biochemical examination of blood (if necessary, extended).
- Examination of the gynecologist, taking smears from the vagina and cervix. Ultrasound examination of the pelvic organs according to indications.
- Examination by a neurologist. A CT or MRI scan of the spinal column corresponding to areas with suspected complications of osteochondrosis.
- Ultrasound examination of the abdominal cavity.
- Fluorography / radiography of the chest.
- Bone marrow puncture for suspected cancer of the blood or multiple myeloma.
Acute attack of back pain: what to do?
In 90% of cases, when back pain occurs, one has to deal with either osteochondrosis of varying severity or myositis. In the first variant, an attack can last from several seconds to days or more. When myositis pain worries from 2 to 4 hours to 1 to 3 days. When an acute attack occurs, do the following:
- Take a comfortable position. Often it is horizontal on a hard surface (orthopedic mattress beds or just the floor). In an immobile state, muscular and vertebral pain subsides or disappears altogether.
- Drink analgesics. It may be antispasmodic drugs, as well as from the group of NSAIDs or anything that turned out to be at hand of such an action.
- If the attack of pain does not stop, you should call an ambulance or go to the hospital with the help of close people. If any movement brings unbearable sensations, it is better to wait for the SMP brigade.
- In the case when the pain subsides, you can slightly delay the doctor's appointment, depending on the general state of health and associated symptoms.
- You can try to gently stretch the muscles in the place of their spasm, if this does not lead to aggravation of the state.
If the state of health does not improve after taking anesthetic, this may indicate a neglected form of the disease or another, more serious pathology. Therefore, in such situations, it is necessary to consult a doctor as soon as possible, even if the pain has decreased and the woman has become accustomed to her presence.
Back pain prevention
If a woman has a backache during breastfeeding periodically, she has been examined and the cause has been established, the progression of pathology should be prevented.
First of all, you need to look at your lifestyle. Of course, those extra pounds, hypodynamia, over-nourishment, constant stress - all this will sooner or later lead to serious complications and back pain.
In order to maintain the health of the spine at the proper level, it is not necessary to be a super athlete or to study daily for a long time. For this, a small set of exercises is enough, which is quite possible to fit into the morning exercises. One of the popular methods - "Crocodile". Also useful are various yoga asanas, stretch marks, etc.
Any activity is also welcome, but you should avoid increased loads on the spine, for example, it is better to give preference to Nordic walking, rather than jogging.
It is important to understand that by strengthening the muscles of the back, you can create an additional frame for the spine. And even with destructive changes that are sometimes difficult to prevent, this “skeleton” will prevent squeezing of nerve endings, which provokes pain.
No matter how trite it may sound, but extra pounds is a direct path to back pain. The fact is that each additional gram of weight creates many times greater load and pressure on the vertebrae under the action of gravity. As a result, the destruction of bone and discs is much faster, and periods of acute pain occur more often.
Choosing a position for sleep and activity
How comfortable a woman is during sleep is also of great importance for the prevention of illness. Here are the main recommendations on this:
- Choose should be the most comfortable position.
- If you sleep on your back, you can put a small cushion and a small pillow under your calf under the lower back. Comfortable should be a pillow.
- If you sleep on your side, it is better to put something between your knees for comfort. The pillow under the head should fill the space between the shoulder and neck, and not be overly large and soft or hard.
- Better to sleep under a large and heavy blanket, which, according to research, allows you to feel more secure and helps to fight stress.
During your activity you should monitor your posture: straight, straight shoulders, no stoop. Otherwise, back pain will recur.
Physiotherapy and alternative medicine
Both for prevention and in the treatment of back pain, multiple methods of physiotherapy are used. The main - massage. His goal is to relax the muscles that are in high tension in order to hold the spinal column and prevent pain as far as possible. Sometimes, even with a visual examination or palpation, this spasm, the “symptom of the reins,” is clearly visible. At the same time along the spinal column is determined by a thickened and tense muscle groove.
Manual therapy sessions are also helpful, but for this you need to find a good specialist. This technique is especially useful in the period of exacerbation of the disease, when there are obvious disturbances or displacement of intervertebral discs on the background of back pain.
These methods also have the right to exist. Firstly, they are one of the safest in backache during lactation, and secondly, they have a significant effect.
Most commonly used are various compresses, the purpose of which is to relax spastic muscles and have an anti-inflammatory effect.
Recipe 1. Prepare a hot solution of chamomile, thyme, and hypericum. Make a compress on the sore back area.
Recipe 2. You can prepare various kinds of mustard powder mixtures, but it is easier to use ordinary mustard plasters. Impose them for 15 - 20 minutes along the spine. By analogy with this, you can use a variety of warming stickers.
Recipe 3. To carry out the rubbing, you can use the following: for 2 standard jars of valerian take 50 drops of iodine alcohol solution and one or two red hot peppers. Mix and let stand for two days, then apply to the place of back pain, intensive rubbing. Course 5 - 7 days.
Back pain is often a symptom of an already far from the initial stage of osteochondrosis. But so can other other, more dangerous and serious diseases. Therefore, if you experience unpleasant sensations, and especially additional symptoms, you should seek medical help. Only a doctor will be able to establish the final diagnosis and prescribe the most effective therapy. Self-treatment during lactation can harm not only the mother, but also the baby.
After all, a headache can be of different intensity, and one cannot endure endlessly. . Back pain during breastfeeding: causes.
When this occurs, pain in the upper back and chest, neck. They are enhanced by turning the head.
In addition, breast size 4 and above with its mass can cause constant pain in the back and spine, and over time they begin to sag and spoil the appearance.
Welcome to the information site about the health of the female breast! All about the anatomy and enlargement of the mammary glands. The most common diseases of the breast, as well as their prevention and treatment. How to feed the baby and care for the breast during this period.
Information on this site is provided for reference purposes only. Do not self-medicate. At the first sign of disease, consult a doctor.
In the near future we will publish information.
Causes of pain
How to cure your back and joints forever?
A woman after childbirth, the body within six months or more begins to return back in reverse. Muscles and Bone System the level of hormones is restored, in particular progesteronethat leads to reduced elasticity in cartilage tissue. All this may be accompanied by back pain.
Body recovery after childbirth
The main thing is to understand whether a painful sensation in the back is caused by a disease or just ordinary physiological changes.
Our readers write
Theme: Healed the joints and back in 15 days!
From whom: Maria N. ([email protected])
To whom: Administration Spinolog.com
Hello! My name is Maria Ivanovna. I want to thank you and your website. I was finally able to completely get rid of pain in my back and joints. Now I am full of energy, nothing hurts me, which makes me very happy.
And here is my story. At 43, I had severe back pain, and the pain in the joints literally tied my arms and legs. And a year later, complications appeared in the form of constant aching back pain and constant stiffness of movements in the affected joints. The pain literally did not allow me to exist normally. She turned to doctors, drank pills, pricked injections, smeared ointment. It helped only for a short period of time.
I have changed everything when a friend gave me to read an article on the Internet. You can't imagine how grateful I am to her. This article literally made me a different person. Do not believe it, but I 15 days completely cured sore back and joints. Already as 1.5 years I live a full life, not remembering how the pain drove me crazy. I spend a lot of time in the country, and also became involved in sports. Everyone is surprised what happened to me. I was born again.
Who wants to live a long and happy life without pain in the back and joints, take 5 minutes and read this article. Go to article >>>
These reasons are understood body regeneration process women to a natural state, which may be accompanied by various states. Physiological reasons that may cause pain in the lower back and back after pregnancy:
- Return muscles and ligaments to the reverse statethat are attached to the vertebrae.
- Reduced length of the lower back muscles due to tension of the abdominal muscles. After birth, the lumbar muscles are in tension, and therefore there is pain in the lower back after the birth of the child. This is especially felt when bending, lifting weights, squats.
- Rapid weight change. Excess weight also contributes to the appearance of pain in the back and lower back. Since an average pregnant woman gains up to 13 kg in just 9 months, the spinal column begins to experience additional stress. As a rule, after childbirth, weight is reduced, and the spine becomes the same, and the pain disappears.
Gained weight during pregnancy
- Permanent strong slopesFor example, when bathing or swaddling a baby, also affect the appearance of pain in the sacrum and lower back.
- During the birth process, some organs of the body are in the wrong positionfor example, the kidneys. After giving birth, they need to return to their former place. In this process, dull pains in the lower back may appear, which give up in the leg or the crotch area.
- Inconvenient place to sleep. It is desirable in this case to get an orthopedic mattress.
- Stretching the muscles of the pelvis during childbirth. If a pregnant woman did not engage in special gymnastics and did not prepare her body for the birth of a child, then she may experience pain due to sprains and pelvic muscles. Occupations by special gymnastics can significantly reduce the appearance of pain syndromes after childbirth.
- Reposition of bones в предродовой период, чтобы малыш не травмировался при рождении.
- Нарушение осанки и центра тяжести тела. Будущая мама держит свою спину, отклонившись назад и вверх. Поэтому со стороны, кажется, что беременные ходят с важной походкой.This leads to excessive muscle tension in the back and an increase in the load on the lower back, where pain occurs. Posture is independently restored in 30-60 days after delivery.
Spinal changes during pregnancy
- Constipationwhich often appear in pregnant women. When the stools normalize, the pain disappears.
Constipation during pregnancy
- Hormonal changes. Special female hormone - progesterone causes muscles and bones in a softened state. Against this background, the vertebrae can sag, squeezing the nerve endings. This can lead to pain.
- Labor contractions. To reduce pain, doctors use epidural anesthesia. The lower body of a pregnant woman becomes less susceptible to pain. When the effect of the drug is terminated, there may be very severe back pain.
- Birth injury. When a child goes out through the birth canal, he can move the vertebrae, joints, bones, or squeeze blood vessels to sometimes cause pain.
- Hypodynamia - sedentary lifestyle. To prevent lower back pain, swimming and yoga should be practiced during and after pregnancy.
What diseases can cause back and loins
- Scoliosis, lordosis, kyphosis. If a pregnant woman had problems with posture before pregnancy, then when the fetus was born it becomes more bent. After birth, the body tries to return to its normal state, and this sometimes goes away with back pain.
Scoliosis, lordosis, kyphosis
- Appearance intervertebral hernia during pregnancy. As a rule, it appears if the pregnant woman has a crack or predisposition to such a disease.
- Thoracic osteochondrosis. It manifests itself with an increase in breast size. At the same time, the back of the place where the bra is fastened is between the shoulder blades. Also, pain between the shoulder blades can occur in diseases of the lungs and stomach.
- Intercostal neuralgia. This disease can occur due to nervous tension, stress or hypothermia.
- Flat feet. This is the body’s usual temporary response to increased body weight during pregnancy. Therefore, due to flatfoot increases the load on the lower back. Unfortunately, after birth, some girls can not return the weight to the opposite state, and therefore flatfoot is more pronounced.
Types of flatfoot
- Osteochondrosis. More than 75% of cases of back and back pain are associated with this particular disease. Osteochondrosis can affect any department: lumbar, lumbosacral, cervical, thoracic.
- Pancreatic diseases. The nature of the pain - shingles, it is felt under the ribs. Abdominal distension, nausea and vomiting also appears.
- Kidney disease. Pain with urolithiasis and acute pyelonephritis can be given in the back. At the same time, there may be increased body temperature, intoxication of the body. Symptoms appear unexpectedly. Diseases are exacerbated during pregnancy and after childbirth. A woman’s prolapse may appear in a woman due to a sudden weight loss or injury during childbirth.
- Myositis - This is an inflammation of the muscles of the back. The disease starts to develop very quickly, especially if you get an infection or just get overcooled. At the same time, there are pains in the lower back when bending and turning the body and problems with urination appear.
- Oncological pathology.
- Inflammatory processes in the pelvis. The pain is localized in the sacral area. At the same time, there may be discharge with an unpleasant odor, increase in body temperature, nausea, weakness in the body, pulling the lower abdomen.
- Symphysiopathy or symphysiolysis. This is the rupture of the symphysis at birth. Pain may occur in the sacrum and the pubic area. Painful sensations appear immediately after the birth of the child and can last more than one month.
- Various diseases of the rectum - hemorrhoids, anal fissure et al. Diseases are aggravated during pregnancy and can cause pain mainly in the sacrum.
- Diseases of the genitourinary system. The most common disease is cystitis, which can reappear due to the low immunity of the pregnant woman. Inflammations in the bladder can cause catheterization after a cesarean section. Pain occurs in the bladder and sacrum.
- Pinched nerve in the spine. This may occur due to difficult childbirth. This may cause numbness or tingling in the lower extremities. It is difficult for a pregnant woman to just walk or climb. When talking loudly, sneezing, coughing, the pain becomes stronger.
- Appendicitis or cholecystitis. Pain in these diseases is reflected in the lower back. The symptoms accompanying these diseases are nausea and dull pain in the right side.
- Pancreatitis. The pains at the same time surrounding. Nausea and constipation are also possible.
Which doctor to contact
If a woman complains about back and back pain after delivery, you should contact the following specialists:
- chiropractor. His help will be most effective in displacing the vertebrae or the coccygeal region,
- a neurologist. He will check if there are any problems with the spine, inflammation, pinching in the muscles. There is a possibility that he may recommend wearing a postpartum bandage or corset. If there is a suspicion of intervertebral hernia, the doctor will refer to an MRI that is safe for pregnancy.
After consulting a doctor you may need the following diagnostic methods:
- general blood or urine test
- Ultrasound - ultrasound examination of the pelvic organs or other problem areas,
- X-ray of the spinal column
Ultrasound of the pelvic organs
- computed tomography (CT),
- MRI - magnetic resonance imaging,
- x-ray examination of the lungs.
After studying the data obtained, the doctor can make the correct diagnosis.
If the doctor does not reveal any pathology on an MRI, the reason is probably in diseases of the internal organs. They can be identified by ultrasound.
A week after the birth of the child, the young mother should enroll in the antenatal clinic. If severe back pain occurs, the woman should tell her symptoms to the doctor.
What to do with sudden pain
If you experience unexpected back pain and if you do not know the exact cause, then the best call the doctor at home. When waiting for a doctor, find out the following symptoms:
- What type of pain - in one place or shingles all over?
- Does the pain in the legs or other parts of the body?
- Is there numbness or tingling?
- It is necessary to measure the temperature of your body.
- Look at the language - is there a raid?
If you know the exact cause of back pain, then take Ketoprofen or Ibuprofen (a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent).
For pain in the kidney area, take Canephron H once. This is a good diuretic drug that will eliminate swelling and remove toxic substances from the body.
Fix the lower back muscles in one position with a special corset or bandaging.
"Doctors hide the truth!"
Even "neglected" Osteochondrosis, Arthritis, Arthrosis can be cured at home, without surgery and hospitals. Just do not forget 2-3 times a day.
Analgesics. They are taken by women after childbirth in order to maintain their former way of life. These are the following high-speed medications for back pain:
- No shpa
Muscle relaxants. This type of medication relieves spasms in the vertebral muscles.
Sirdalud and Mydocalm
Antibacterial agents. They are taken to relieve inflammation in the pelvic area, for example, cystitis.
Calcium and vitamin D3 preparations. This type of medication is necessary for the young mummy, since she gives all the useful substances to the child through milk. This can result in osteoporosis. Therefore, it is necessary to take drugs containing calcium and vitamin D3, as well as eat foods that contain these elements.
- Alpha D3-Teva,
- Calcium-D3 Nycomed,
- Vitrum Osteomag,
Chondroprotectors. These drugs are needed to restore cartilage and prevent its destruction. They can also be taken for prophylaxis to avoid recurrence of the disease.
- Goal t
- Traumel S.
Vitamin complexes. As a rule, these are vitamins of group A, D, C, E. They are necessary to improve the state of nerve impulses in the body and postpartum recovery. Contribute to the reduction of pain.
- Milgamma compositum. There are ampoules and tablets.
Ointment. Only some types of ointments are allowed to use during lactation. It:
A chiropractor can help if a woman has problems with muscles, ligaments, nerve endings and the skeletal system. Very good manual therapy will help if there is pain in the lower back and in the area of the shoulder blades.
Directs to sessions of manual therapy can only a therapist, if not contraindications. Manual therapy doctor set joints and vertebrae in placeto remove the pinching in the nerve roots. Indications for manual therapy:
- reduced mobility in the spine
- acute back pain, extending to the legs or pelvis, or resulting in numbness in the extremities,
- discomfort in the shoulder blades,
- release of trapped nerves in neuralgia or radiculitis,
Additionally, you can use other methods of unconventional treatment:
- hirudotherapy - treatment with medical leeches,
- reflexology (acupuncture) - effect on biologically active points with thin needles,
- other methods of physiotherapy treatment.
Professor Liao Chan: Joints and spine to be treated without chemistry, but with a simple plant complex >>>
This procedure consists in kneading the soft tissues of the back. Starting a massage is only necessary to start. 14 days after delivery.
What is the benefit of therapeutic massage?
- Improving blood circulation in the tissues, muscles and joints.
- Normalization of muscle tone and ligament apparatus.
- Faster recovery of women's health after pregnancy and childbirth.
- Removal of inflammation and muscle spasms.
If there is no time or money, then Kuznetsov applicator can help very well.
There are many popular treatments for back and back pain after childbirth. Each recipe has its own action - pain, spasms are eliminated, blood circulation improves.
Infusion of Hypericum
This plant reduces pain due to nervous tension, overwork or lack of sleep, and also has antidepressant properties. Hypericum Infusion Recipe:
- Take two tablespoons of dried leaves of Hypericum,
- put them in a container and fill with 0.5 liters of hot water
- Let the leaves infuse in a dark place for at least 7 hours,
- take a decoction 2 times a day, one glass.
The effect of woolen things - warming and massage. When the back is covered, blood circulation increases, pain is eliminated and inflammation is relieved. There are many different products, such as belts, jackets, scarves, etc.
Woolen Warming Belt
Important! If it is not known why the back and the loin hurts after childbirth, then it is strictly prohibited to warm it with the help of ointments, compresses and other means.
This is a very popular remedy for back pain. They not only warm the painful place, but also have other effects on the body.
- prepare the St. John's wort, chamomile, thyme in equal proportions,
- fill the plants with hot water and let the solution brew,
- moisten the cloth with a solution and apply it to the sore spot.
Mustard Powder Compresses
- take mustard powder or ordinary mustard plaster,
- apply a compress to the sore area,
- pepper plaster can be used instead of mustard plaster.
Pepper patch application
It can work well rubbing in the sore area. Rubbing recipe:
- Prepare 60 ml of valerian spirit tincture, 75 drops of iodine and a little hot pepper,
- let the solution infuse in a dark place for two days,
- then rub this sore area with this solution.
If back pain did not appear due to illness, then you should start wearing an orthopedic corset immediately after childbirth to relieve muscles and improve posture.
- Physical stress on the body is allowed only with the advice of a doctor. But in the first 6 months after birth, any physical activity should be limited, because the muscles are weak and injured. If you ignore this advice, the effects of pregnancy can affect the rest of your life.
- Physical therapy is allowed, unless approved by the attending physician. The load should be increased gradually.
- Caring for an infant should not cause tension in the lumbar region. The bed and changing table should be placed at a comfortable level to prevent tension in the back. Wearing is forbidden, including that of a child. If this does not work, then you should use a sling.
Baby changing table
- For back pain after childbirth, bend as little as possible. The slopes can be replaced by ordinary squats, in which the back should be flat. In this case, the load falls on the legs, not on the back.
- You should find a comfortable position for feeding the baby. In moments of breastfeeding, the back should be relaxed. You can use a pillow, stand on his feet. It would be worthwhile to try to start feeding the baby lying on its side.
- When cleaning the apartment, always use a mop and keep the correct posture.
- Wear a bandage or corset when your doctor permits.
- Sleep only on a hard mattress.
- Find a diet or another way to lose weight. It is very important that the weight returns to its former shape.
The first exercise after childbirth
Already on day 3 after the birth of the child, you can begin to perform a set of exercises.
- Starting position - lying. Gently lift the pelvis 15 cm up and gently lower it back. Repeat 10-15 times.
- Perform in the same position. Bend your knees and gently lower them to the left and right. Feet and back should not come off the floor. Repeat 10-15 times.
- Lie on your back, arms spread out in different directions. Slowly lift the upper body, elbows while reducing to each other. Do not lift the head off the floor. Repeat 10-15 times.
- Lie on your back for at least 10 minutes. This should be done every day to improve posture and relax the muscles of the back.
Exercises after childbirth
Some time after delivery, add the following exercises:
- Put a chair on the floor, two hands lean on his back. The legs should be straight, shoulder-width apart. In this position, place one palm in front of the lumbar section, and the other on the stomach. Try to tighten the muscles of the loin, imagining that they are straightened.
- Go to the wall, stand back to it. Only the back of the head, shoulders and buttocks should touch the wall. In this position, you need to stand still for 2-3 minutes.
- The original position of the body is standing. Arms and shoulders are pointing down, try to touch your chest with your chin. In this case, it is necessary to exhale, and when inhaling to return to its original position, but the hands wake back. Repeat 10-15 times.
Full course of exercise
The following exercises will help with back pain and back pain. When performing them, it is necessary to relax the muscles when you exhale, and to strain when inhaling.
- Stand with your back to the wall. Lean on the wall a little back. Lift your left leg, bending it at the knee. Stand in this position for 15-20 seconds. Then rest for 20 seconds and repeat the exercise with the right foot. Repeat 15-20 times.
- If the loin hurts on the right, then you need to perform a lateral tilt of the body to the left. You need to be in this position for at least 15-20 seconds, then rest for 20 seconds. If the loin hurts on the left, lean to the right. This type of exercise will relieve muscle tension. Repeat 15-20 times.
- Position - standing. Put your thumbs on the sacrum. It is necessary to bend the spine while inhaling and at the same time press the fingers on the spine. Stand in this position for 10-12 seconds. Next, try to relax your back muscles and bend back as much as possible. We do not remove the fingers from the sacrum, but we do not press either. Stand for 5-7 seconds. Repeat the whole exercise 5 times.
- Go to the table, put your upper body on it, the pelvic bones should rest on the table. It is necessary to relax, legs should be in a half-bent state. Take a deep breath with your belly, counting up to 5, and then hold your breath. Then you should make a slow exhale. Repeat the exercise with breathing 8-10 times, and then slowly remove the torso from the table. This exercise relieves tension and spasms in the lumbar region.
- Gently stand on all fours. Legs spread apart to the maximum. The arms should be lowered perpendicular to the body. Keep your back straight. Muscles in the body are relaxed, head tilted down. Take a deep breath in your belly and exhale slowly. При выдохе ягодицы должны быть сильно напряжены, а пупок должен притягиваться к позвоночнику.In this position, freeze for 5 seconds. Repeat 10 times.
- All movements during exercise should be smooth and accurate.
- Do not exhaust yourself workouts.
- It is best to do exercises in the morning.
- After sleeping, you cannot rise abruptly out of bed. First lie on your side, bend your legs at the knees, place your hands on the bed and sit down slowly.
A set of exercises with a fitball is allowed to do 2 months after delivery. With the help of such exercises the muscular corset is well strengthened and the muscles responsible for balance are restored.
- Starting position - lie down on the fitball belly, hips to rest on the side of the ball. The head should be tilted down, the back should be rounded as much as possible, stretching the back muscles.
- While inhaling, use your hands to straighten the body, the head should look down. Feel the muscles, strain them. Buttocks should be relaxed. Stand in this position for a few seconds. On the exhale, return to the starting position.
- Exercise should be performed 10 times every 2 days. There are more complex types of fitball exercises that should be performed over time.
Pilates are special exercises, ideal for rehabilitation. Neat and smooth action aimed at muscle strengthening and improve posture without heavy physical exertion. These exercises help women well after childbirth:
- eliminate muscle spasms and pain syndromes,
- strengthen the muscular system
- reduce weight
- improve posture.
When can I do pilates?
- If a woman has back problems and such studies are recommended by a neurologist.
- With strong and sharp pains you cannot do Pilates.
- The first classes should be conducted with a coach. When mastering technology, you can do it yourself
- Doing Pilates should be regular - 3 times a week. The effect of the exercises will appear only after 2 months.
In order to reduce the likelihood of back pain after childbirth, you should listen to the following helpful tips:
- Do not engage in heavy physical exertion in the first six months after birth. It is necessary for the muscles of the back and abdomen to recover. With the additional load may cause pain.
- Keep track of your weight. With a high weight on the spine has a strong load, while the body is extremely difficult to recover from childbirth. Eat right!
- When feeding your baby, choose a position that is convenient for you. Most women choose a side position. If it is convenient for you to feed in a sitting position, then sit on a high chair with a backrest; you can put a small stand under your feet. There are also special pillows for feeding. They relieve the load from the back with long feeding of their crumbs.
Pillow for feeding
- Do not sleep on soft mattresses. Get better orthopedic mattress. If you constantly sleep on a soft surface, the muscles will always be in a relaxed state, which will lead to a violation of the spine, and back problems may worsen.
- Regularly engage in medical gymnastics for the spine. It can be practiced when your doctor allows you. Exercises should strengthen the abdominal muscles and lower back. The main thing to do constantly, and not to exhaust yourself with rare and heavy loads. Use therapeutic exercises to prepare for childbirth.
- If possible, avoid different sudden movements.
- Weight lifting should be only on outstretched arms.
- When cleaning the apartment with a vacuum cleaner, try to lean your hand on your foot. This will reduce the load on your back.
- Choose the right stroller for the baby. The main condition is that the handle of the stroller should be above the woman’s waist. The most convenient carrying is a sling or sling-scarf.
This type of carrying can be wound in various ways, and it gently loads the spine of a woman. When choosing a sling, be oriented so that the head of the baby is at the level of the chest, so that you can kiss him on the top of his head.
Real patient reviews
Stop fooling yourself
Before reading further, I will ask you one question: are you still looking for magic means or a product capable of restoring the joints and the diseased spine from the first time, or of a “tested” grandmother’s remedy, or are you hoping for a “lucky blow”?
I hasten to disappoint you: restore joints and spine almost impossible in the advanced stage of the disease! The sooner treatment begins, the higher the chances of not staying. disabled forever and ever!
Some soothe the pain with anti-inflammatory and analgesic pills and ointments from commercials, but the joints from this never Do not cure. Marketers just make a lot of money on the naivete of ordinary people.
The only remedy that will somehow help not sold in pharmacies, and it is not advertised on the Internet.
So that you do not think that you are being sniffed out with the next “panacea for all illnesses,” I will not describe what kind of effective medicine this is. If interested, you can read all the information about it yourself. Here is link to the article.
Olga, 35 years old
Helped me chiropractor. I had some changes in the pelvis immediately after birth. The doctor said that many women in the postpartum period have such problems with their backs and small pelvis, because there is an excessive load, which can be compared to unloading the coal car. The manual man perfectly corrects the displacement of joints and vertebrae, the main thing is to find a qualified specialist.
Vera, 26 years old
For pain in the back after childbirth, I made an appointment with a neurologist. I was discharged Milgamma compositum. I have constant back pain and it is this drug that always helps me. They are produced in the form of injections and tablets.
I was carried out during the epidural period. Doctors said that after epidural anesthesia there are similar side effects and after 6-8 months of back pain will pass by themselves. With this pain, pain pills may not help. A couple of months after birth, the pain subsides, and then completely pass. This pain is due to damage to the spinal cord during epidurals.
Valentina, 27 years old
When I had pain in the back after giving birth, I went to the doctor. I was prescribed Milgamma injections, and after 10 injections, I drank the same pills for a month. Milgamma can be taken with other medicines, for example Movalis or Artrozan. 2 weeks after the start of treatment, I almost had pain. At the same time I was still engaged medical exercises and wore supporting corset.
Maria, 19 years old
When my lower back got sick during the childbearing and after the birth, I found exercises Bragg's for the back. I started to do them gradually, but every day. In general, at first I couldn’t do them, my muscles are so weak. But over time, the back muscles hardened, the back pain disappeared. Until now, I occasionally perform these exercises to improve my posture.
Olesya, 26 years old
If the tailbone hurts or the loins after childbirth, it will help yoga. Immediately after birth, you can make different deflections and twists without much effort. All the girls who walked with the kids on the playground with me, the loin was aching, but I didn’t have one.
Of course, these are only subjective reviews, and in any case you should visit a doctor. Suddenly find a disease in which you can not do yoga or other exercises.
The most important thing to prevent back pain is to do therapeutic exercises long before the onset of pregnancy.
The most important thing is not to endure the pain, but to do everything to eliminate it. Do not overload yourself with exercise, do not hesitate to ask for help from your loved ones and friends. Be healthy!
The story of our readers. Letter to the editor!
Very bad back in the back. I went to the hospital, did an MRI, they said: “You have osteochondrosis 4 degrees. Get ready for operations". I almost fainted there! Horrible! What operation, I am only 38? It turns out that at this age osteochondrosis 4 degrees can be earned.
But it all started with the usual back painwhich then became chronic, aching, then a lumbar hernia formed! She interfered with sleep and walk. I refused the operation because I was afraid of anesthesia: suddenly I would fall asleep and won’t wake up again. I also have heart problems. As a result, I was prescribed a bunch of useless medications, and when I returned, the doctors simply shrugged, that you want, the operation must be done.
A couple of months ago, on the Internet, I stumbled upon one article that literally saved me. I regained my health and the pain is gone! I am so grateful for the fate, the occasion that led me to this article! Finally, my spine is healthy, and all thanks to this article! Anyone who has pain in the back - read MANDATORY! Now NO PAIN, sleep normally, go and work in the country.