The date of the official birth of the hepatitis C virus can be considered the year 1989. Until that time, no specific diagnostic systems had been developed for its identification. Once in the human body, the hepatitis C virus, in simple words, provokes an inflammatory process in the liver. Worldwide, infection with them is currently an extremely serious problem. In order to understand with what methods and with what drugs hepatitis C is treated, it is necessary to familiarize yourself with the problem more thoroughly.
Who is who
The causative agents of hepatitis types A and B were identified as early as the 70s of the 20th century. However, after this, scientists have speculated that there are other types of this disease (“neither A nor B”). The point of all doubts was raised in 1989, when, in the process of conducting numerous human blood tests, another specific viral agent was identified, which was given the name "hepatitis C virus". Immediately, there appeared a lot of various questions about the danger of hepatitis C, how to treat it, and which medications to use.
The bulk of scientists and medical specialists agree with each other in the opinion that this form of the disease is the most dangerous of all known. It is this form that is commonly referred to as “a tender killer”, because an infection can not manifest itself for years, so to speak, to be “quieter than water, lower than grass”, and meanwhile intensively infect liver cells and provoke serious complications. At this time, a person is not exactly interested in what hepatitis C is being treated with, but does not even suspect that there is such a dangerous disease.
Possible ways of infection
The mechanism of hepatitis C virus infection is parenteral, hematogenous (that is, infection occurs through the blood). This is possible in several situations. First, the transfusion of donor blood to the recipient. According to statistics, up to 2% of donors worldwide carry the virus. For this reason, before blood is transfused, it is examined for the presence of the pathogen in it (it is cheaper than then treating a person). And, nevertheless, about 4% of all infections occur in the process of blood transfusion.
Secondly, the use for medical procedures and the injection of a single needle by different people. Most of these infections are among drug addicts and people who receive intravenous drugs. What drugs are used to treat hepatitis C will be described below.
Thirdly, the probability of infection increases in those people who are obliged to come into contact with blood products (we are talking about the medical staff).
Further, you can "get" an infection during sexual intercourse. The chance of becoming infected within the family when dealing with a regular partner is negligible. However, during irregular contacts, the risk of infection with the hepatitis C virus increases many times, since its carriers are about 3% of homosexuals, about 6% of women of mild behavior and 4% of regular "clients" of the venereologist.
From mother to child, the virus is extremely rare. Infection with breast milk during lactation does not occur at all, so nursing women wondering what hepatitis C is treated for and if it is not dangerous for the baby, there is no need at all.
Further, it is likely to be infected while applying a tattoo on the body or performing piercing, acupuncture, ear piercing with unstable needles. And about 40% of patients do not know or do not remember what or who could be the source.
Before considering the question of how to treat hepatitis C, one should understand when a person should start to worry, listen to his condition and as soon as possible consult a doctor.
The main feature of the hepatitis C virus is its variability, ability and propensity for mutations. The disease can occur in two forms. If the virus replicates intensively, it imperceptibly affects humans in the liver cells, and the speed of this destructive process exceeds the liver’s own ability to regenerate. In this case, the process of replacing hepatocytes (liver cells) with cicatricial (connective) tissue is observed. In such a situation, the functions of the organ suffer. If the replication process is slow, the regenerating ability of the liver restores the damage.
The alarming symptoms are not always present. During the incubation period (approximately 50 days), a person may feel normal and learn about infection by accident. However, there are non-specific symptoms of hepatitis, in which there is a need to seek medical advice. These include weakness, fatigue, asthenia (chronic fatigue syndrome).
Stages of the survey
As a rule, for the vast majority of patients a positive response to the hepatitis C virus is a complete surprise. However, it’s not worth it to fall into despair and ask yourself a sacramental question, and whether hepatitis C is treated at all. The next step should be the passage of further examination. First, you need to re-do a blood test to make sure that the virus is the causative agent. If the reaction is still positive, the doctor will prescribe a number of additional procedures.
Ultrasound of the liver (ultrasound) will enable the doctor to thoroughly examine the structure of the liver tissue and the state of the organs adjacent to it. This procedure can be done many times without any harm to health.
Fibroscanning of the liver or elastometry will evaluate the course of chronic processes in the liver and the effectiveness of the therapy (if it is already underway).
The most important examination that will give the doctor maximum information about the state of the liver is a biopsy. Taken for analysis and microscopically evaluated liver cells will allow the doctor to draw conclusions about whether the process is already chronic, whether a complication in the form of cirrhosis has not developed by the time of the study. It is after this analysis that the doctor will decide what method to treat specifically for this patient, with what drugs (hepatitis C is treated with the use of certain complexes of special medications).
The procedure for taking a biopsy is generally quite simple and does not carry any danger. The patient lying on his back is given local anesthesia in the upper right abdominal segment, the skin is punctured with a special needle and a small piece of liver tissue is taken for research.
Standard treatment regimens
In order to decide on a treatment regimen and a set of medications, their doses and the frequency of their intake, the information on the genotype of the hepatitis C virus will be important for the doctor. turn, each genotype has subtypes / subtypes, which are denoted by Latin letters and are attached to the number of the genotype (1a, 3b, etc.).
The first and fourth genotypes are extremely rare in patients, but at the same time they are the most resistant (approximately twice as many as others) to antiviral therapy, regardless of how hepatitis C is treated. 3 genotype, like all others, are amenable to therapy by several methods, approved by the whole world community.
The most economical scheme is to take any injectable interferon (no candles, capsules, drops, etc.) in a volume of 3 IU (million units). Frequency - at least every other day. Additionally assigned to the daily intake of any ribavirin. The dose depends on the weight of the patient. With a body weight of up to 65 kg it is necessary to take at least 800 mg per day, with a greater weight - 1200 mg.
The most optimal scheme involves the introduction of interferon in a dose of 6 IU daily until the ALT is normalized. Over the next 12 weeks, 6 IU, but every other day. Then 3 IU until the end of the course of therapy. Ribavirin - throughout the course of the treatment in a dose, as indicated above.
For those who are not constrained by financial means, there is generally no question of what hepatitis C is most effective with. Antiviral therapy in this case is ribavirin and Peginterferon once a week.
Regarding the duration of therapy, the standard period is 24 weeks with a dose of 800mg of ribavirin, regardless of weight. If during genotyping it turned out that the patient has genotype 1, the duration of treatment doubles to 48 weeks, and ribavirin is prescribed (and accepted) in full.
How is hepatitis C treated in Europe? In principle, interferon therapy is relevant worldwide. However, the EU has approved a new combination of drugs for treatment of type C. These drugs are called "Viechirax" and "Exviera." The release form of both drugs is a pill (i.e. there is no need for multiple injections of interferon). Ombitasvir, paritaprevir and ritonavir are included in Vierakax. The main operating component of Exxier is dasabuvir.
Treatment of chronic viral hepatitis C genotype 1 is approved with the use of a new combination of drugs in combination with or without ribavirin. These drugs will also be effective for patients with compensated liver cirrhosis, patients undergoing replacement therapy, and those who have undergone liver transplantation. Clinical studies involving more than 2,300 people showed that 95% of patients with hepatitis C genotype 1 were completely cured. In addition, the new scheme is well tolerated (98% of patients completed the full course of treatment).
Alternative Treatments for Hepatitis C: Herbal Medicine
By alternative methods of treating hepatitis C, we mean various options for self-treatment using a variety of roots, fruits and herbs, of which there are a great many. However, before asking the question of how to treat hepatitis C with folk recipes, you still need to consult with a phytotherapeutist doctor, since many plants, their fruits, leaves and roots are toxic.
Patients consider the rhizomes of marsh calamus, from which an infusion is prepared, to be an effective remedy. 1 teaspoon of chopped root pour 1 cup boiling water and let it brew for 20 minutes. Take this infusion four times a day for half an hour before meals for half a cup.
The answer to the question of how to treat hepatitis C at home, many patients consider such a tool as mummy. 4 grams of the substance diluted in warm milk, add grape juice and honey. This composition is taken twice a day before meals. After it is recommended to eat a raw homemade egg.
There are a lot of different recipes and recommendations that will help if not to cope with hepatitis C, then at least improve your well-being.
Juices and Hepatitis C
Another alternative answer to the question of how to treat hepatitis C at home is to use juices.
A good effect will be given to cabbage juice (2-3 times a glass per day) or a mixture of cabbage and beet juices (the latter is not more than a quarter of a glass). Important: after squeezing, the juice should be allowed to stand for at least 4-5 hours.
Further, they say that positive results can be achieved by taking half a glass of freshly squeezed pumpkin juice daily. Improve the human condition and when taking tincture of peanuts, zizifus berries and sugar. 50 g of each ingredient are poured into boiling water (250 ml) and boiled for 30 minutes, then cooled. It is recommended to take before bed for 30 days.
What is the treatment for hepatitis C? Yes, a simple dandelion. Someone cooks jam from this flower, and someone is sure that an infusion from the roots will help him (chopped raw material is poured with boiling water and insisted for 40 minutes). Take this medicine before eating 1 tablespoon.
Diet and lifestyle of a patient with hepatitis C
Herbal medicine, fruits, juices and infusion of plants - this is all, which exhausts the answer to the question of how to treat hepatitis C at home? It turns out that it is fundamentally important to follow a certain diet. It is necessary to increase the proportion of dairy products, cereals and cereals in the total diet. We will have to reduce to a minimum the consumption of different types of smoked meat, chocolate, canned and marinades, alcohol and fried foods. In addition, it is important not to overeat before bedtime and drink at least three liters of liquid during the day.
Medical experts agree with all these recommendations. A special role in the deterioration of health, doctors take away alcohol. Lovers of alcoholic drinks most often develop a complication in the form of liver cirrhosis. All that the patient can occasionally afford is a glass of wine or beer.
If cirrhosis of the liver has already been confirmed, the doctor will most likely recommend a low-salt diet to minimize fluid retention.
With regard to lifestyle, with ordinary household contacts the probability of transmission of the hepatitis C virus is almost zero. The main thing is to pay attention to cuts, burns and other damage to the skin, since infection occurs only through blood. Very little risk exists during sexual intercourse. To avoid stressful conditions and unnecessary experiences in such cases, doctors recommend the use of condoms.
Hepatitis C got its second name because it can not manifest itself for years, actively affecting healthy liver cells and replacing them with fibrous tissue. The incubation period lasts from 20 to 180 days, and the carrier of the infection often does not even suspect the presence of this insidious disease.
The clinical symptoms of hepatitis C appear dim and gradual. First, the patient feels body aches, fatigue, general weakness and loss of appetite. With these symptoms at home, a person may not be suspicious of such a serious illness as hepatitis C, writing off the ailment to overwork. Later there is a feeling of heaviness and pain in the right hypochondrium, nausea. After a few weeks, the color of feces and urine changes, the sclera of the eyes and the skin turn yellow, and itching may occur.
Hepatitis C is diagnosed using a serological blood test that detects the presence or absence of antibodies. For final confirmation, a PCR (polymerase chain reaction) method is used, based on the detection of infection material in the blood sample and determining the amount of virus, which allows the doctor to determine the type and course of hepatitis C and helps to cure it.
Hepatitis C folk recipes
Folk remedies to combat this disease are quite diverse: healers advise the use of various herbs, roots and fruits. However, before you start treating hepatitis C at home, you should definitely consult with an infectious diseases specialist, a hepatologist and a phytotherapeutist about this, as some of the medicinal plants used can be toxic.
There are many recipes of traditional medicine that are well proven in the treatment of hepatitis C:
- A teaspoon of crushed calamus root root pour a quarter of a liter of boiling water and leave for about 25-30 minutes. Strained infusion taken four times a day for half a cup half an hour before meals.
- 12 tablespoons of a mixture of leaves of Hypericum, buckthorn bark and immortelle flowers, taken in equal quantities, pour one liter of boiling water and infuse for a couple of hours. Insist drinking filtered 1 glass 5 times a day for 25 days.
- 4 teaspoons taken in equal proportions of chamomile flowers, buckthorn bark, mint leaves and yarrow, pour in a glass dish with a glass of boiling water and, insisting, covered with a lid, for 2 hours. Take twice a day, 100 ml before meals.
It has perfectly proved itself in the treatment of hepatitis C at home with juice therapy, which, after pressing, should definitely settle for 4-5 hours.
Traditional healers advise:
- drink a glass of white cabbage juice several times a day, diluting it with beet juice by a quarter,
- drink half a glass of freshly prepared pumpkin juice every day.
An important component of home treatment for a disease such as hepatitis C is adherence to a special diet, which means:
- An exception:
- fatty, smoked, salty and spicy foods,
- sweet carbonated drinks
- fresh fruit and vegetable juices,
- boiled vegetables
- low-fat soups,
- milk porridges,
- at least 3 liters of fluid per day.
Hepatitis C vaccine does not exist, therefore, to prevent infection, they need to take simple preventive measures, including:
- strictly observe personal hygiene,
- use at home individual household items
- use protection during intercourse,
- visit only proven beauty salons and dental clinics.
Regularly undergoing the necessary examination and testing for hepatitis C, it is possible to detect this insidious disease in the early stages, which will make it possible to quickly and effectively get rid of it, avoiding various complications.
How to behave with hepatitis C?
Curing hepatitis C is very difficult. It can turn into the chronic form of the disease. An important role in the risks of relapse in addition to drug therapy is played by the emotional and physical state of a person, so how long a quiet period without a severe clinical picture lasts depends on the person himself.
The general rules for the patient are as follows:
- Inflammation of the liver, which is hepatitis C, has a very negative effect on the body. In the period of exacerbation of the symptomatic picture, the patient needs to rest longer, refusing active pastime and prolonged brain activity. This is the first rule of home treatment for hepatitis.
- In the absence of pronounced signs of the disease, when the patient feels well, you should not give up moderate physical exertion. Regular exercise, without much fanaticism, will help strengthen the body and improve the general condition of the person. Before you choose the type of physical activity, it is recommended to discuss this issue with your doctor.
- To deal with severe liver disease is only necessary in a comprehensive manner. In addition to drug therapy, the patient is prescribed a therapeutic diet. Wrong diet, frequent use of too heavy, fried and fatty foods has a very large load on the liver, causing a new round of illness. From the power of the patient who is struggling with hepatitis, any alcohol is excluded.
Bad habits - smoking, taking drugs, provoke complications, because they must be abandoned as soon as the diagnosis was made.
What tools can be used at home?
Before treating hepatitis C at home, you need to undergo drug therapy in the hepatocenter. The folk technique is used to relieve the symptoms of the disease, increase the effectiveness of medication courses and prevent relapse.
The main means of traditional medicine used in self-therapy:
- milk thistle
- Castor oil,
- natural antioxidants.
Milk thistle is a famous natural medicine that is used in the treatment of various diseases. Broths based on this product are best suited for cleansing the liver of toxins, promote relief of inflammation, prevent the destruction of soft tissues and cells. Milk thistle is used during the exacerbation of the symptomatic picture, contributing to the rapid relief of pain, and during remission, protecting the liver from the negative effects of toxins.
Treatment of hepatitis C with folk remedies involves not only the internal use of medicinal decoctions and teas with herbs that have an antioxidant effect.
- To relieve inflammation of the liver, with severe pain in the acute stage or appearing due to improper nutrition, it is recommended to make a compress of castor oil. To prepare it, you need to soak a piece of cloth in a slightly heated oil and apply it on the right side to the liver.
- The well-known spice of turmeric, which includes the substance curcumin, is actively used to combat liver diseases, including hepatitis. For its reception it is necessary to season ready meals with turmeric. The healing substance helps to relieve inflammation, activates the protective functions of the immune system, actively fights pathogenic microflora. Taking turmeric regularly, remission will be long.
- Your doctor may prescribe drugs based on zinc and colloidal silver. These chemicals actively protect the liver from toxins, strengthen the immune system, stop inflammation and reduce the risk of exacerbation. Take these drugs should be very cautious, if you do not comply with the dosage zinc intoxication is possible.
To defeat hepatitis C, i.e., to prolong the remission as much as possible, you can use simple home-made recipes, which must be regularly applied:
- If the liver is damaged, emphasis should be placed on vitamin A. It can be obtained from carrots with the maximum concentration of this substance. Daily use of 1-2 glasses of fresh carrot juice will significantly improve the patient's condition.
- In the diet every day should be present corn stigmas in the form of decoction. Take up to 4 times per day.
- Drink for the treatment of hepatitis C - lemon juice mixed with mineral water and honey added.
- Mumie is a panacea for almost all diseases. Mumiye is diluted in slightly warmed milk, grape juice and honey are added. Drink must be consumed immediately after preparation, before breakfast and at night.
- A mixture of beet and cabbage juice - taken daily, 3 times.
- Bilberry - improves immunity, helps protect the liver from toxic substances, effectively cleans it. Drink 3 glasses of juice (or fruit drink) blueberries during the day. Both blueberries and leaves are used to treat hepatitis C. From the leaves is preparing a decoction, which must be taken up to 3 times per day.
- Lemon juice with soda - take 5 minutes after preparation, 3 days. At the end of the course, you must pause for 4 days, after which the reception is repeated.
Along with the use of various decoctions and juices are used probiotics. Probiotics are microbacteria that are always present in the human body, helping to maintain the normal digestive process. Probiotics are dairy products with bifidobacteria. They protect the liver from toxins, actively fighting with pathogens. Regular intake of probiotics is an effective remedy for the prevention of cirrhosis, often occurring as a complication of hepatitis C.
Patients with hepatitis should use dietary supplements with amino acids, which are one of the best antioxidants.
Substances contribute to the active cleansing of the liver, remove toxins, increase the protection of the body against the penetration of pathogenic microbes and viruses.
How to eat?
If the remission has entered a long stage lasting several years, and there is no symptomatic picture, it can be argued that hepatitis C is defeated. In order not to provoke a relapse, take decoctions based on healing herbs, fresh juices and adhere to proper nutrition is necessary to permanently forget about a serious illness.
Fatty meats and fish, fried foods, pickles, hot spices are excluded from the diet. A strict ban applies to the period of exacerbation of the symptomatic picture. During the calm period, a small consumption of fried foods or fatty meats is allowed, but not often. Mayonnaise is also excluded, which can be replaced with sour cream.
The basis of the food should be fresh fruits and vegetables, greens (but not spicy), dairy products and non-fat milk products. A small amount of legumes and nuts is allowed.
Chicken eggs are better to replace with quail. The use of vegetable oils is reduced to a minimum.
An important role is played by the diet. It is necessary to avoid overeating, which will lead to a heavy load on the liver and provokes the appearance of a painful symptom.
Meals should be fractional, you need to eat often, up to 6 times a day, but in small portions.
Pumpkin - a useful vegetable in the diet of a person suffering from hepatitis. You can use it in any form and in any quantities: boil, make juice from it, bake, eat seeds.
Recommended to practice yoga. Yoga exercises will help you learn how to control your breathing, improve your well-being, stop panicking during attacks of pain.
Using the methods of treatment at home, you should know that all herbs have a cumulative effect, and therefore they should not be taken after the exacerbation of the clinical picture of the disease, but constantly.
Before taking any decoctions of healing herbs, you should consult with your doctor. There may be contraindications to the use of certain medicinal plants due to the individual characteristics of the organism.
Hepatitis C is a serious liver disease. Although drugs that have completely cured this disease (sofosbuvir) have already appeared, the popular auxiliary methods are used quite often. They are aimed at improving the patient's quality of life, stopping the symptomatic picture and improving the functioning of the liver.
No matter how effective the treatment of viral illness at home, you need to regularly visit a doctor to monitor your health.
What is dangerous disease
Hepatitis has the apt nickname "affectionate killer", because the symptoms of the disease are often completely invisible to the patient. However, this increases the pathological changes in the liver, making it impossible for the normal functioning of the body. Severe complications are possible, such as cirrhosis and liver cancer, hepatic encephalopathy. Fortunately, if the disease is detected in time, then it is quite treatable. Therapy of the disease can be carried out at home, but it must be supervised by a hepatologist. Self-medication here will not bring any result and may even harm. Below will be described in detail how to treat hepatitis C at home.
Hepatitis C - features of the pathological process
The disease is caused by a microscopic virus that is transmitted by a hematogenous route, that is, through the blood. How can I get a virus? Actually it is very simple. This can occur through sexual intercourse, blood transfusion, visiting hair salons, tattoo parlors, beauty salons, dental offices. Often the cause of infection is non-disinfected syringes, scissors, razors, etc. Not always in each case, it is possible to establish the path of infection.
Once in the body, the virus initially causes acute hepatitis. Symptoms of acute hepatitis C include yellowness of the skin, fever, nausea and vomiting, heaviness in the right hypochondrium, bitter taste in the mouth, an increase in liver size, a pale color of excrement, and a dark urine color.
Then the hepatitis C virus after the short acute phase gives the disease a chronic course. Treatment of chronic hepatitis is extremely difficult. This is due, among other things, to the fact that there are more than 10 genotypes of the virus and about a hundred of its subtypes. Therefore, drugs developed for one type of virus may not be suitable for another. In addition, the presence of a huge number of virus types hinders the development of a reliable vaccine.
How to treat hepatitis C?
Hepatitis C is a serious illness, and not everyone knows how to treat it. There are many treatments for chronic hepatitis. There are quite expensive drugs that allow you to get rid of the virus with a high degree of probability. You can also use cheaper treatment regimens for hepatitis, which, however, do not give a full guarantee.
There are auxiliary methods of treatment. Chronic hepatitis C is also treated with diet and folk remedies - decoctions of medicinal herbs.
Thus, it is quite possible to effectively treat the chronic form of hepatitis at home. Do not be afraid that the patient will infect other family members, because the virus is transmitted only by hematogenous, and not airborne or fecal-oral. Consequently, if certain precautions are observed, the transmission of infection from the patient to other people will be excluded.
Protective measures include the allocation of the patient separate dishes and cutlery, towels, etc. This is necessary not only to prevent hepatitis from other members of the patient’s family, but also to protect the patient from other infections that he can receive from his household. After all, any additional infectious disease can complicate the course of hepatitis C.
Principles of treatment of hepatitis C imply an exception for the patient of heavy loads. When the symptoms of the disease worsen, bed rest is indicated.
Treating hepatitis C at home is allowed with herbal recipes. Nettle received good recommendations in getting rid of the disease. 1 tbsp. l The leaves of the plant are required to be filled with a glass of boiling water and infused for an hour. Then a decoction of the roots of nettle (25 g per 300 ml) is prepared. Means is left for 60 minutes. After that, both drugs are combined and mixed with natural honey. It is necessary to take medicine 3-4 times a day before meals.
Peppermint has been used successfully to fight hepatitis C. 2 tsp. fresh crushed plants pour 2 cups of water. It is recommended to insist the drug for 24 hours, and then it must be filtered and consumed in small portions. In the day you need to do 3-4 reception. Hepatitis C is applied sage. 30–35 g of herb brew 300 ml of boiling water. Means to insist, mix with 25 g of honey. The drug must be taken during the day 30 minutes before meals.
In the treatment of hepatitis are used calamus roots. 0.5 tbsp. l Raw materials (crushed) pour in a glass of hot water, leave for 20-22 hours. Before use, the drug must be filtered. The recommended dose is 75 ml per day. Widespread in the treatment of hepatitis C has received blueberries. 50 berries need to brew with boiling water, insist 20–40 minutes, and then use 3-4 times a day. You can make fruit drinks from the fruit and take it during the day instead of tea.
You can fight the disease with other plant-based agents:
- Medicinal decoction. Hypericum leaves, buckthorn bark, immortelle inflorescences (1 tbsp.) Pour a glass of boiling water. Insist the drug for 120 minutes, then strain and take 250 ml every 3-4 hours. The duration of therapy is 25–27 days.
- Herbal collection. Chamomile flowers, mint, yarrow, calamus root mix (1: 1) and pour water (300 ml). Means to insist 2 hours. Take the medicine 150 g 2 times a day.
- Based on Caucasian hellebore. 30-40 g of fresh raw materials pour warm water, put on the stove for 20 minutes. Then strain the product and leave for 24 hours. In the morning, add to the broth 2 tsp. lime honey. Medicine to drink in one gulp on an empty stomach. The course of therapy is 10 days. During this time, the Caucasian hellebore will destroy all infections in the body, including the hepatitis C virus.
- Often the therapy of the disease is carried out with the help of the means of the fruits of dill. 35 g of raw materials are poured 250 ml of boiling water. Means infused for half an hour, then filtered and cooled. Take the medicine 100 ml 2 times a day.
- In the treatment of hepatitis is used St. John's wort. 40 g of a dry plant is filled with 200 ml of cold water and put on medium heat. You need to boil the medicine for 12–15 minutes, then strain and take 3-4 times a day.
Some more home ways
How to treat hepatitis C with home remedies? To do this, you can prepare medicine from lemons. 70 ml of fresh juice of this fruit mixed with 0.5 tbsp. l soda and drink the drug 30 minutes before meals. The duration of therapy is 3-4 days. After that, you need to take a break for 48 hours, and then repeat the course. To eliminate the hepatitis B virus, fresh cabbage juice is used. This drink should be taken 1 glass up to 2-3 times per day.
Another way to defeat hepatitis C is based on mummy. Healing glue is considered a universal cure for many diseases. You should take 500 ml of water, put it on fire and heat it to + 67 ... 71 ° C, then melt the mummy in it (12-15 g). It is recommended to take the drug in 20-25 drops for 7 days, then the dose should be increased 3 times. On the day should be 2 doses. The duration of treatment is 4 weeks.
To overcome hepatitis C, use oatmeal broth. 350 g of cereal should be filled with cold water (3 l). Put the mixture on the fire, boil and hold for another 20-25 minutes. To distribute broth in a container, with a capacity of 0,75 ml. Take 1 bottle of the drug daily. Course duration - 2-3 months. Bite medicine recommended honey.
Улучшить самочувствие при гепатите С можно с применением специального сбора:
- 8 ч. л. сухой измельченной полыни,
- 30 г листьев шалфея,
- 25 г плодов можжевельника.
Залить ингредиенты 1 л кипяченой воды, потом оставить на 24 часа, процедить и принимать по 1 стакану в день. Справиться с заболеванием под силу средству на основе корней одуванчика, цикория и бессмертника (1:1). Components are filled with 350 ml of water, then the medicine is left for 25 minutes, filtered and drunk in 3 doses.
Hepatitis C therapy can be carried out independently using milk. 250 ml of liquid mixed with the same amount of warm water, 2 tbsp. l juice from fresh shoots of hops. Mass should be consumed in the form of heat. The course of healing effects - 12 days.
Honey in the treatment of disease
Hepatitis C treatment at home is carried out using beekeeping products. 75 ml of juice from apples mixed with 1 tsp. honey The drug is taken 2 times a day. Good reviews received the drug on the basis of currants. 500 g of berries must be mixed with the same amount of honey. It is necessary to use medicine on 1 tsp. half an hour before meals.
Hepatitis C virus can be eliminated with the help of black radish juice. 250 g of linden honey must be mixed with vegetable extract (200 g) and take 6 tsp. up to 4 times a day. Also during the month it is recommended to eat parga. The substance should be consumed in 2 tsp. every morning.
Widespread in the treatment of hepatitis C has received a remedy based on Hypericum. 4 tsp. crushed raw materials need to be poured with 1 cup of boiling water and left for 30–40 minutes. You need to drink the medicine 5 times a day, 40 ml each time, adding liquid honey to it.
Use of traditional methods of therapy is possible only after the permission of the attending physician.
What treatment is prescribed for doctors with hepatitis C?
Only a qualified doctor has information on how to treat and cure hepatitis C. Doctors may prescribe various treatment regimens for chronic hepatitis C, depending on the degree of development of the disease, and the patient’s material resources. Treatment of the disease is always carried out on an outpatient basis. The exception is a severe form of acute hepatitis C. Antiviral medications form the basis of the therapy.
Disease treatment with drugs will be meaningless without measures to change the lifestyle of the patient. In addition to drugs, an important component of the treatment of hepatitis C is diet. Tasks of the diet - to exclude from the diet foods that cause the liver to work with overloads, as well as get rid of the negative symptoms that accompany violations of the gastrointestinal tract. Diet for chronic hepatitis involves the rejection of spicy, spicy, fatty, fried, pickled, salty foods, canned food.
Alcohol, coffee, cocoa, sweet sodas are contraindicated. Meals should be fractional, the number of meals per day - 5-6 times. Preference is given to boiled or steamed dishes.
It is necessary to consume water in significant quantities - at least 2-3 liters per day. Water, on the one hand, contributes to the elimination of toxins from the body, and on the other, it helps to restore the volume of fluid that the patient loses due to vomiting and diarrhea.
- lean meats,
- low-fat soups,
- boiled vegetables,
- porridge with milk,
- vegetable and fruit juices (primarily containing beta-carotene in large quantities, for example, carrot, pumpkin).
Also useful will be the use of reasonable amounts of butter and vegetable oils, eggs.
Therapeutic gymnastics can also be one of the ways to treat hepatitis. Exercise prevents stagnation of blood and contributes to the removal of toxins from the body, which facilitates the work of the liver, improves the overall tone of the body. Similar effects have water treatments - baths, douche.
How much is hepatitis C treated in adults?
This question cannot be answered unequivocally in all cases. The duration of the treatment of the disease depends on many factors:
- how far the liver degradation has gone,
- what medicines are used for therapy,
- Does the patient have any concomitant diseases that aggravate the course of hepatitis?
Of course, hepatitis is a serious illness, and you will not be able to cure it the next day, like a runny nose. It takes quite a long time before the patient can feel the results of the treatment. In most cases, you need to be prepared for the fact that the treatment will take long months or even years.
Drugs of direct action new generation
These drugs act directly on viral RNA, interfering with the reproduction of viruses. Practice has shown that these drugs with properly selected dosage can get rid of the virus in 95% of cases. These drugs include ledipasvir, sofosbuvir, veltapasvir, daclatasvir. They allow the most effective therapy for hepatitis.
A serious disadvantage of these drugs is that they are still very expensive. And the course of treatment can cost the patient $ 10000-30000. However, this statement is true only if you use drugs officially sold in pharmacies. There are also analogues of antiviral drugs produced in the countries of South Asia, primarily in India, which are focused on the local market. Antiviral agents can also be purchased in Russia by ordering their delivery from India. Treatment with these medicines may be several times cheaper than using original drugs.
The combination of velpatasvir 100 mg and sofosbuvir 400 mg provides an effective antiviral treatment in case of illness caused by viruses of genotypes 1-6 and not burdened with liver cirrhosis.
The combination of sofosbuvir 400 mg and daclatasvir 60 mg can be used to treat a disease associated with compensated stages of liver disease, including cirrhosis. The drug is active against the most common type of virus 1b in Europe.
The combination of Ledipasvir 90 mg and sofosbuvir 400 mg is used in the treatment of hepatitis C caused by viruses of genotypes 1-4, less often caused by viruses of genotypes 5 and 6. It is effective in hepatitis C, aggravated by HIV, decompensated cirrhosis and hepatitis C caused by 1 virus genotype.
Directions for use of antiviral drugs
The course of treatment can be from 4 to 12 weeks, depending on the recommendations of the doctor. In rare cases, if a 12-week course is not effective, the doctor may extend the course to 24 weeks.
It is necessary to take a pill per day, so a pack of 28 pills is enough for 4 weeks. Take antiviral pills with food and water. It is best to take the medicine every day at the same time. If the moment of taking the pill is missed, but no more than 18 hours have passed, you should take the missed pill, otherwise it is better to skip the trick.
Tablets usually do not cause significant effects associated with the gastrointestinal tract, but a patient with hepatitis may experience various stomach disorders, including those accompanied by vomiting. If the patient took the pill, and then vomited it, then another pill should be taken. If the patient vomited more than 2 hours after taking the pill, then a new pill should not be taken.
Antiviral drugs can cause a deterioration in the reaction rate. Therefore, during therapy is not recommended driving.
Contraindications to taking antiviral drugs - pregnancy, age up to 18 years, recently undergone surgery.
Regular use of antiviral drugs is a reliable means to defeat hepatitis at home.
Antiviral drug of the previous generation, still not lost its relevance. It is usually used in conjunction with interferon preparations. However, this treatment regimen has certain drawbacks - a large number of side effects and relatively low efficacy, since complete cure for hepatitis is achieved only in about half of the cases.
Side Effects of Taking Ribavirin:
- stomach ache,
- changes in the composition of the blood.
Interferon injections can cause adverse reactions that are similar to flu symptoms - fever, severe indisposition, muscle pain. These symptoms may occur for several days.
These drugs do not affect the virus itself, but they slow down the destruction of the liver tissue, support the liver and help it to better perform its functions. Hepatoprotectors contribute to the restoration of the walls of hepatocytes, prevent the formation of connective tissue, normalize the metabolism in the liver, stimulate the output of bile. Hepatoprotectors can be used in combination with antiviral agents.
The main classes of hepatoprotectors:
- artichoke, milk thistle, sillimarin,
- drugs with ursodeoxycholic acid,
- essential phospholipids (Essentiale forte).
Also used vitamin complexes, immunomodulators.
How to treat hepatitis C with home remedies
Funds for strengthening the liver of natural origin (mummy, honey) have become very popular. Also for liver diseases, broths of the following herbs are widely used:
- highlander bird
- St. John's wort
- calamus roots
- Caucasian hellebore,
Folk remedies will strengthen the immune system, have a choleretic effect, neutralize pain.
However, it is necessary to understand that, although herbal remedies have anti-inflammatory, choleretic, analgesic and strengthening effect, not a single popular recipe will help to kill the virus. The cause of hepatitis is a viral infection, and not at all the slagging of the liver or of the organism as a whole, as many are mistaken.
Many patients are interested in how to treat hepatitis C at home and which recipes are the most effective.
There is an alternative treatment for hepatitis C using recipes of traditional therapy.
These funds are safe, made on a natural basis, do not have any side effects.
They have miraculous features, require minimal financial costs. The main task of every popular medicine is the maintenance and strengthening of immunity.
This will strengthen the body and prevent further development of a dangerous virus. The use of folk therapy should be carried out under the control and with the permission of the attending physician in combination with traditional treatment.
Carrots are among the healthy vegetables. Its composition contains vitamin A, which helps to restore and clean the liver cells.
It is recommended to use fresh carrot juice daily for 1 glass. Such therapy should be carried out in combination with traditional methods of treatment.
Many patients interrupt the course of carrot juice treatment due to yellowing of the skin. This is due to an overdose of vitamin A, so it is important to know the measure in everything.
With a large amount of vitamin A in the affected organ, the process of self-purification. As a result, too much excreted bile, toxins, and other harmful substances are released into the blood.
In natural bee honey contains all the necessary substances that are important for the human body, especially for the heart muscle and liver.
It effectively removes bile, has natural antiseptic properties, suppresses pathological and inflammatory processes in the affected organ.
This tool helps to effectively cope with hepatitis C. You can use the following recipe:
- Brewed tea in a container of 0.5 l, let it brew,
- After brewing and cooling the tea to a warm state, add 2 tbsp. l natural bee honey,
- Drink this medicine in small portions.
There are miraculous recipes based on medicinal herbs that can cope with the symptoms caused by the disease.
Which of them can be used:
- Often with hepatitis C, there is a violation of the chair. The main purpose of this miracle cure is stools normalization, taking medicinal tincture. It will require fennel, cumin, mint, buckthorn bark, centaury, yarrow. Mix all ingredients in equal proportions, take 3 tbsp. l this mixture, pour boiling water over, insist for 1 hour. Take daily or until full recovery.
- Tincture of Ivan-tea. 20 g of the dry crushed ingredient is poured with boiling water (1 cup), insist. After complete cooling, filter, take 3 tbsp. l before meals for a month.
- Thistle tincture. Brew 1 tsp. Milk thistle seeds in boiling water (250 ml), insist 15 minutes. Then filter, drink before bedtime and on an empty stomach.
- A decoction of horseradish. Purify and chop the horseradish root, take 4 tbsp. spoons of the obtained ingredient, pour 1 glass of milk. The saucepan with the contents sent to a slow fire for heating, but boil is not required. Remove from heat, insist 30 minutes, filter. Accept during the day in small portions.
- Nettle. 20 g of nettle leaves pour boiling water, insist 60 minutes. Another 20 g of nettle is poured with water in the amount of 1 cup, sent to a slow fire in a saucepan, boil for 10 minutes. Infusion and decoction mixed with each other, add 1 spoon of natural honey, take 0.5 cups before meals.
- Birch infusion. Will need birch leaves in the amount of 4 tbsp. l and kidneys 2 tbsp. l Both ingredients are mixed together, poured boiling water. In the resulting mixture send soda 5 g, insist 1 hour, carefully filtered. Take the infusion 4 times a day before meals.
- Birch decoction. Dry and crushed leaves of birch in the amount of 2 tbsp. l pour 1 glass of boiling water. The resulting mixture is sent to a slow fire, boil until the liquid is reduced by half. Remove from heat, cool, filter. Take daily for 1 tsp. before meals for 3 months.
There are several useful recipes for treating hepatitis C with mumiyo. This wax of mountain origin is suitable for the treatment of many diseases, has excellent properties on the affected liver to restore cells, oxygenate, reduce blood sugar levels.
There are 3 cooking recipes:
- At 0.5 warm purified water take 15 g of wax. Mix the ingredients, take in the form of drops. Begin reception with 25 drops, then the dosage is increased to 60. This dosage is designed for the first week of treatment. After that, the dosage is increased to the amount of 1 tsp, which must be drunk before meals in 30 minutes.
- Take 3 liters of purified water, adding to it 3 grams of therapeutic wax. This medication is taken for 10 days in 1 glass 3 times a day. Then a short break is taken (5 days), after which the therapy is resumed.
- 4 g of useful wax is diluted in milk, adding natural bee honey, freshly squeezed blueberry juice. After taking this medication, you should drink 1 chicken egg. The course of treatment is 1 month.
For therapeutic therapy and for the restoration of damaged liver tissue cells in hepatitis C, it is recommended to undergo a course of treatment with a medicine based on stigmas of corn.
- Infusion. Corn silk crushed, take 1 tbsp. l The obtained ingredient is poured with 1 cup of boiling water. The resulting mixture is infused for 2 hours. Then everything is carefully filtered, taken 30 minutes before a meal, 2 spoons 5 times a day.
- Decoction. 1 tsp. crushed corn rylets pour 0.5 purified water, the saucepan with the contents sent to a slow fire, boil. Remove from the plate, insist 1 hour, filtered, take 0.5 cups 4-5 times a day.
Onions with garlic
3 onions fray through a sieve, add 2 tbsp. l wormwood and 100 ml of natural bee honey.
All ingredients are thoroughly mixed with the addition of 650 ml of white wine. Pour the mixture into a separate clean container, tightly close the lid, send to infuse in a dark cool place, sometimes mixed.
The resulting tincture take 2 tbsp. l before every meal. 2 heads of garlic, squeeze the juice out of them, mix it with lemon juice.
Received medication taken after eating in the amount of 1 tsp. The course of treatment is 1 month, after which they must take a break.
All traditional methods of therapy are necessarily discussed with your doctor in consultation.
Alternative medicine must necessarily be carried out under the supervision of a doctor and be an auxiliary method of treatment. Dosage, prescriptions, methods of treatment and treatment is determined exclusively by the attending physician. Self-medication is not allowed.
The doctor will conduct a detailed diagnosis of the body, assess the condition of the liver and the whole body, prescribe the correct treatment methods.
Additionally, it is recommended to drink more fluids to remove harmful substances and toxins from the liver and the whole body.
Not only purified, non-carbonated water, but also freshly prepared juices can be considered as liquids.
They will saturate the body with beneficial vitamins and important elements that are essential for maintaining the body’s immune defenses against the virus.
Also, the beneficial properties of natural freshly squeezed juices will allow to clean and restore the affected liver.
Particular attention is paid to a healthy lifestyle. It is recommended to be more often in the open air, play sports, go for a walk in nature.
Not the last place in the treatment of hepatitis C is the right diet. Thanks to a balanced menu, you can restore the body and the liver, eliminating all harmful foods in the direction of healthy.
How is the disease treated: outpatient or inpatient?
Лечение вирусного заболевания печени можно проводить в больнице, или в домашних условиях.
Госпитализируют пациентов с осложнениями и сопутствующими болезнями печени
Patients are placed in the hospital with advanced forms of the disease, in which cirrhosis began to develop on the background of hepatitis, hospitalization is necessary in order to identify the extent of organ damage, the presence of other complications. In the hospital, under the constant supervision of a physician, acute hepatitis is being treated, the exacerbation of the chronic form of the disease is underway, since it is necessary to constantly monitor the patient's condition and the effectiveness of therapy.
It is possible to completely get rid of hepatitis C, but for this you need to consult a doctor in a timely manner, complete a full course of treatment, give up bad habits, carefully monitor your own health, and lead an active lifestyle. One of the main conditions for successful recovery is diet.
- lean meat, minced meat dishes in boiled, baked,
- lean fish - must be present in the diet more often than meat,
- sauces based on sour cream, yogurt, milk,
- soups in light vegetable broth,
- bread can be any, but only in dried form,
- vegetables, raw or stewed,
- ripe berries and fruits
- sweets in a small amount - meringue, marmalade, marshmallow, caramel, honey, jam,
- boiled eggs, scrambled eggs,
- Butter - 20-30 g / day,
- all the cereals
- low-fat dairy products
- water without gas, herbal and green tea, natural juices, decoction of rosehips.
- radish, radish, mushrooms, garlic, onions, cabbage,
- pickled, pickled vegetables, legumes,
- fried foods, rich broths,
- food with any chemical additives
- fatty meat, fish, cooking oils, sausages,
- smoked products, lard, canned food, fatty dairy products,
- fresh bread, pastry from yeast, puff pastry, pastries with cream, chocolate,
- foods with oxalic acid, high cholesterol,
- hot sauces,
- black coffee, cocoa, alcoholic beverages.
Patients with hepatitis need to eat more protein foods - 1 g protein / kg, the amount of fat per day is 80 g, complex carbohydrates should leave half of the total energy value, the amount of salt should be reduced to 2-8 g.
The basis of therapy for hepatitis C is interferon preparations, doctors recommend using several drugs from this group at once, the dosage, the duration of treatment depends on the virus genotype, the concentration of viral RNA, the level of immunity reduction.
The basic scheme of treatment with injectable interferon:
- genotype of virus II, III species - Ribavirin 800 mg / day for half a year,
- genotype of virus I, IV - after biopsy, ribavirin is prescribed at 1000–1200 mg / day for 48 weeks,
- for any type of virus - Altevir three times a week.
Modern drugs based on sofosbuvir and daclatasvir are produced in the form of tablets, they have a destructive effect directly on the virus, which provokes the development of hepatitis. The original drugs Sovaldi, Daklinza are produced in Europe and America, but there are also Indian generics that, in terms of their therapeutic effect, are not inferior to the originals.
Take Sofosbuvir and Daclatasvir at the same time - 1 tablet per day of each drug. The duration of treatment is 12–24 weeks, with severe forms, the presence of HIV and cirrhosis, ribavirin is also prescribed.
In case of IV virus genotype, only Daclatasvir in combination with Interferon and Ribavirin can be used in therapy; in the presence of HIV and drug intolerance, medication based on daclatasvir and sofosbuvir is contraindicated.
In addition to antiviral drugs, prescribe hepatoprotectors - Phosphogliv, Silimar, Essentiale. Be sure to take vitamins of group B, ascorbic, folic acid, immunomodulators.
Contraindications to drug treatment
Drug treatment is contraindicated in patients younger than 3 and adults over 60 years of age, combined antiviral therapy is not carried out in the presence of certain chronic diseases.
- heart failure, ischemia,
- severe hypertension,
- bronchial asthma,
- thyroid dysfunction,
- pregnancy, breastfeeding,
- heavier mental disorders.
Pregnancy is a serious contraindication to the drug treatment of hepatitis C
Drug treatment of hepatitis B cannot be performed to patients who have undergone organ transplantation, are severely allergic to drugs.
From the "gentle killer" no one is immune. We all get sick, treat our teeth, do manicures and pedicures, go to public places with abrasions and cuts. In all these situations, it is potentially possible to become infected with hepatitis C and not to notice it (and not to notice for quite a long time). If the disease is already an accomplished fact, you should not independently look for information about how and how hepatitis C is treated. The doctor chooses the drugs and treatment regimen individually for each particular patient based on the results of the clinical examination. What really matters is to seek qualified help as quickly as possible. After all, you can not give the acute inflammatory process to transform into a chronic one.
As for the treatment of hepatitis C at home, it is possible, of course, to significantly improve the state of health with the help of herbs, tinctures of leaves and roots of plants, fruit and fruit juices. However, not a single case of complete recovery with such treatment is known. And would scientists all over the world have been spending years of their lives, and corporations — billions of dollars in research and development of new drugs, if everything was so simple — drank tincture a month (or a year — the term is not important) —and got rid of the hepatitis C virus ?
Hepatitis C treatment with folk remedies
It is impossible to cure hepatitis C with folk remedies, with unconventional methods help strengthen the immune system, restore, improve the functioning of the liver.
How to treat hepatitis C with home remedies:
- Boil 220 ml of boiling water 10 g of crushed corn stigmas, leave in a sealed container for 2 hours. Drink 25 ml 4 times a day for a quarter of an hour before meals. The drink has a pronounced choleretic effect.
- Grind into powder 3 tbsp. l seeds of thistle, pour 500 ml of boiling water, simmer on the steam bath for half an hour, strain. Take 15 ml three times a day after meals.
- Grate 3 tbsp. l fresh horseradish root, pour 250 ml of homemade milk, heat over low heat, but do not boil. Drink the entire portion of the medicine in small sips throughout the day.
- To strengthen the immunity, drink honey water on an empty stomach in the morning - 5–10 g of product per 200 ml of warm water. Aloe helps well - take 10 ml of fresh plant juice three times a day before meals. Before going to bed you can drink a glass of natural grapefruit juice.
- To restore the liver cells will help mummy - 15 g of raw materials pour 500 ml of hot water, but not boiling water, stir. To begin reception with 25 drops, gradually increase the dose to 5 ml, you need to drink the medicine in the morning and in the evening half an hour before meals.
Taking mumiyo will help restore the liver cells.
Traditional healers recommend that patients with hepatitis each morning, half an hour before breakfast, eat 1 raw yolk of homemade eggs, drink 250 ml of a mixture of equal parts of fresh parsley, carrot, celery and pumpkin juice twice a day.
How much does it cost to cure hepatitis C?
Treatment of hepatitis C with modern drugs will cost about 1 million rubles. for the course, since most drugs have not yet been certified in the territory of the Russian Federation, they will have to be ordered via the Internet in Europe, America, India, and interferon preparations also have a high cost.
What if there is no money? There are quotas and benefits for getting free therapy, but since there is no unified federal program for treating this disease, people with hepatitis will have to make a lot of effort to get an opportunity to get treatment for free.
Participation in clinical trials is one way to get free treatment.
Options for free treatment for hepatitis C:
- State funds for the treatment of viral hepatitis - the quota applies to patients with grade III, IV fibrosis, elevated hepatic rates,
- preferential therapy for citizens of certain categories,
- participation in clinical trials of antiviral drugs, which are conducted by pharmacological companies,
- medical insurance.
If you do not treat hepatitis C, how long can you live?
Without proper treatment of viral hepatitis, a person will sooner or later develop cirrhosis, cancer of the liver, life expectancy depends only on the degree of immunity, the patient's age, the presence of chronic diseases, lifestyle. Asymptomatic disease can develop 15-25 years.
Viral Disease Prevention
To avoid infection with hepatitis C, you must avoid contact with someone else's blood, do not forget about condoms, you can not use someone else's razors, toothbrushes.
To avoid hepatitis C infection, use only personal hygiene products.
When visiting a dentist, manicure and tattoo parlors, you need to insist on using disposable tools, or ask to sterilize again, personally check the process.
Viral hepatitis C is a dangerous disease in which there is a violation of the functions of the liver, in the absence of proper treatment develops cancer and cirrhosis. Pathology therapy is long, expensive, so it is better to follow the rules of prevention, try to avoid infection in every possible way.
Rate this article
(3 ratings, average 4,00 from 5)