Often, women go to the doctor with complaints that they have a stomach ache in the middle of the cycle. The reason for this may be the physiological processes in the female body, for example, the onset of ovulation, but sometimes they may indicate the presence of a pathological process.
Pain is not a disease, it is the defense mechanism of our body, which signals the presence of a developing pathological process. Some people suffer pain more easily, others are more sensitive. It is extremely important to establish the true cause of your condition; a qualified specialist will help.
First of all, a specialist pays attention to the nature of pain. The attack may be mild, moderate or intense. A pain outbreak can be temporary or bother a woman all the time.
It is important to establish whether there is a relationship with the menstrual cycle. Perhaps the pain signals the onset of ovulation. In addition, it should establish the relationship of abdominal pain with urination, defecation and food intake.
Why does the stomach hurt in the middle of the cycle? Depending on the location, abdominal pain can be unilateral (right or left), bilateral or diffuse. Causes of pain flashes are divided into physiological and pathological. The physiological factors include stressful situations, the premenstrual period, pregnancy, hypothermia, the period of ovulation, changes in sexual activity.
In the early stages of pregnancy, the uterus has not yet reached such a size that the pelvic bones support it, so the entire load falls on the ligaments. Squeezing of nearby receptors and provokes the appearance of pain. The pain increases gradually and has a mild nature.
Age features can also affect the appearance of pain. Thus, in adolescence, the menstrual cycle is often unstable. Critical days may come two weeks earlier or later. In this case, the girl's pain may be associated with the onset of menstruation, and she thinks that she is still very far away.
Abdominal pain in the middle of the cycle can occur against the background of such pathological processes as:
- ovarian disease
- venereal diseases,
- adhesive disease
- bowel disease.
The appearance of pulling pain in the lower abdomen upon the onset of ovulation is due to the rupture of the thin sheath of the follicle coming out of the ovary. This happens every month and is an indicator of the reproductive health of women.
It is believed that ovulation occurs in the middle of the menstrual cycle, but sometimes the birth of a mature egg can occur at the beginning or even at the end of the cycle. This may be due to some factors:
- health status,
- temperature drop
- stressful situations
- physical exercise,
- intensity of intercourse.
In this case, the pain outbreak can last from several hours to two to three days. During intercourse, painful sensations, as a rule, increase. Pain in ovulation occurs due to sprains in the ovaries. Also, the pain causes a rupture of the ovarian follicle when the egg is released.
This causes damage to the blood vessels and minor bleeding. It should be noted that the release of the egg itself lasts only a few minutes. Pain in ovulation in most cases is one-sided, because of what a woman may think that she has problems with the ovaries.
Pain may appear on the left or on the right. It depends on which ovary produces the egg. Experts say that the right ovary is more intense than the left. Pain syndrome becomes pulling in nature, and sometimes turns into acute attacks.
Severe pain during ovulation may indicate an elevated level of prostaglandins. This causes the so-called ovulation syndrome. The essence of the pathological process is associated with an increase in pressure inside the matured follicle, which causes its permanent ruptures and bleeding into the peritoneum. In this case, the pain can give in the tailbone and lower back.
All the processes in the female body is controlled by hormones. Progesterone and estrogen are responsible for puberty and the onset of menstruation, as well as in general for the functioning of the entire reproductive sphere.
That is why hormones must be in a certain balance. A decrease or increase in female hormones affects a woman’s well-being, her appearance and the functioning of internal organs. Hormonal imbalance can occur even at a young age.
It is characterized by the appearance of the following symptoms:
- violation of the menstrual cycle. This can include algodysmenorrhea - painful periods, delay, scarce or, conversely, bloody discharge of blood, as well as pronounced manifestations of premenstrual syndrome,
- problems with conception,
- fatigue and irritability
- dizziness and headaches
- weight gain
- pressure surges and more.
The reason for such a violation can be constant stressful situations, unhealthy diet, hormonal drugs, overweight, intense physical exertion. An accurate diagnosis will help tests for hormones. Hormonal imbalance is a serious enough violation, which can lead to infertility, the development of malignant tumors, heart attacks, strokes.
The disease is characterized by the growth of the endometrium - the inner layer of the uterus. Regular infectious and inflammatory processes of the reproductive sphere, weakened immunity, endocrine disorders, bad habits, complicated labor, and surgery can provoke the appearance of the pathological process.
Endometriosis in some cases is asymptomatic. The disease is not characterized by the presence of specific signs, yet you can suspect the development of the process by the following symptoms:
- hurts lower abdomen in the middle of the cycle. Unpleasant sensations often give in the groin and lower back,
- painful prolonged periods with heavy discharge of blood,
Vaginitis is a disease in which the vaginal mucosa is inflamed. The cause of the development of the disease often becomes the penetration of pathogens. Women complain of the appearance of itching, burning and a feeling of spreading in the area of the external genital organs.
If gonorrheal infection has become the causative agent of vaginitis, purulent thick discharge of white-yellow color appears. When trichomonas defeat appear yellow-green discharge frothy consistency. For bacterial vaginitis, white-yellow abundant vaginal discharge is characteristic. About fungal infection indicate cheesy loose discharge.
This is one of the most common surgical pathologies of the digestive system. The danger of the disease is associated with the risk of dangerous complications. Appendicitis can occur in a person at absolutely any age. According to statistics, women suffer more often than men.
The basis of the disease lies inflammation of the appendix of the cecum. As the pathological process develops, the organ grows in size and becomes painful. This leads to the rupture of the walls of the appendix and the release of purulent secretions outside.
The causes of appendicitis are still not fully understood. Nevertheless, experts identify some theories in the occurrence of the inflammatory response. Occlusion of the appendix with feces, bacterial infection, vascular spasm, abdominal trauma, a tendency to constipation - all this and much more can lead to appendicitis.
The disease causes an acute attack of pain, fever, nausea, vomiting. First, the pain has a diffuse nature and occurs in the upper abdomen, and after a few hours it moves to the lower right side.
Cystitis is an infectious-inflammatory disease of the walls of the bladder. The urethra in women is wider and shorter, so they suffer from cystitis more often than men. The main cause of the disease are bacteria. Pulling pain in the suprapubic region accompanied by painful and frequent urination, turbidity of urine.
In some cases, the temperature rises, and nausea and vomiting appear. Patients are shown bed rest. The leading principle of the treatment process is the fight against bacterial infection. For the relief of unpleasant symptoms, herbal preparations are prescribed.
Pain and brown discharge
First, let's talk about the physiological reasons for which the appearance of brown secretions is considered a variant of the norm:
- approximation of menstruation,
- deliverance of the uterus from excess drops of blood after the end of menstruation,
- taking oral contraceptives
- violent intercourse,
- the beginning of sex life.
Unfortunately, not always brown discharge is the norm. In some cases, they are a symptom of serious pathologies. This may indicate such signs:
- spotting appears in the middle of the cycle, while the woman does not take contraceptives,
- the appearance of pain, burning sensation, itching, dryness in the vagina, discomfort during sexual intercourse,
- for more than a year there are no menstruation due to menopause,
- persistent discharge after intercourse.
Now let's talk about the pathological causes of brown secretions. Experts identify two main reasons: uterine and intermenstrual bleeding. The first reason occurs against the background of diseases of the uterus: endometritis, fibromas, sarcomas, erosion and cervical cancer.
Intermenstrual bleeding can occur due to the following reasons: the effect of hormonal contraceptives, endocrine disorders, sexually transmitted diseases, hormonal imbalances, stressful situations.
So, the stomach can hurt in the middle of the cycle for a variety of reasons - both physiological and pathological. Often this is due to the onset of ovulation or hormonal disruption. Diseases such as appendicitis, cystitis, vaginitis, and endometriosis can cause soreness. To determine the true cause of the doctor will be able after the examination.
Phases of the menstrual cycle
The female cycle is divided into several phases:
In the follicular phase of the cycle, an egg cell matures in one of the ovaries, in which the dominant follicle is formed. Female hormones estrogen help this process. This phase lasts an average of 2 weeks, but each woman has different ways. Sometimes more days, sometimes less. When the follicular phase is completed, the follicle is fully matured and must burst.
When the ovulatory phase, which is the shortest, estrogen in the female body decreases. As a result, the follicle is broken, and the egg moves through the fallopian tube. The hormone progesterone is also low. The duration of the ovulatory phase is a maximum of 36 hours. It is at this time that abdominal pain occurs in the middle of the cycle.
During the next, luteal phase, the amount of progesterone in the woman’s body significantly increases. This helps the uterine lining to prepare for the fixation of the egg. But since conception does not occur, progesterone stops producing. As a result, rejection of the upper layer of the uterine lining, which is called the endometrium, occurs. This process of rejection is called menstruation.
As it became clear from the above, the gap between the follicle itself and the process of release of the egg is ovulation. In this case, the pain experienced by a woman in the middle of a cycle is a variant of the norm. This is the so-called Mittelshmerts syndrome, or ovulatory syndrome.
Let us see in what cases a woman does not need to worry, and when she should immediately consult a doctor.
What can pain intensity depend on?
First of all, from the receptivity and sensitivity of women. Also, in the presence of gynecological diseases, the painfulness of all processes is exacerbated.
It is important to note that in rare cases, egg maturation occurs in both ovaries. If fertilization had occurred, then the woman would have a multiple pregnancy. And during ovulation, the pain is not localized in one side, but “spreads” in the lower abdomen. This is how abdominal pain appears in the middle of the cycle.
Why does libido increase in the middle of a cycle? This condition is logical, since ovulation is the best time for conception.
The nature of the discharge from the genital tract is modified - they become completely transparent, like egg white. This allows sperm to more easily penetrate into the uterus of a woman. In rare cases, there is blood in the secretions, but in very small quantities. This is due to the detachment of a small endometrium as a result of the cessation of estrogen and progesterone production at the same time.
Breast soreness occurs as a result of hormonal changes in the body of a woman, that is, the mammary glands begin preparing for the process of feeding the future baby. But this may not be observed. And most often the lower abdomen hurts in the middle of the cycle.
The main causes of pain during ovulation
Often women do not understand why they have a lower abdominal pain in the middle of the cycle. Consider this question in more detail:
- pain occurs due to too large follicle, which stretches the ovary,
- the follicle is broken, and a small amount of fluid enters the abdominal cavity, which causes peritoneal irritation,
- blood vessels are also damaged when ruptured, and blood enters the abdominal cavity with fluid. This also irritates the walls,
- normally, pain does not last more than two days, since blood and fluid are absorbed into the mucous membrane,
- the fallopian tubes work hard for the successful capture of the egg, this process can give a woman discomfort,
- In rare cases, the pain causes the onset of pregnancy.
If the pain is quite severe, adhesions in the abdominal cavity are not excluded. They occur after suffering an inflammatory process, surgery, and also if a woman has endometriosis. This is what hurts the belly in the middle of the cycle. Ovulation will pass, and with it the pain subsides.
Pulling pains in the lower abdomen are often associated with the health of the genital area. If a woman notices a clear connection with the periods of the menstrual cycle and the time of the appearance of unpleasant sensations, to solve the problem, first of all she needs to consult with the gynecologist.
Also pay attention to the presence or absence of other symptoms. For example, discharge may appear, it may be nauseous, and in some states it is even possible to faint. In order to understand how to get rid of discomfort without hurting yourself, it is important to be very careful and figure out what exactly is happening.
If the stomach hurts in the middle of the cycle, this is not necessarily a sign of some kind of illness. This is especially true in cases where the discomfort is very weak and recur regularly in certain situations. Usually in such cases, women themselves know or guess what happens to them.
Possible natural reasons why the lower abdomen pulls in the middle of a cycle:
- Ovulation. It usually happens 12–14 days before the expected date of the next menstruation. On this day, the mature egg leaves the ovary, which is accompanied by microscopic bleeding. Blood can enter the abdominal wall and irritate it, causing a slight inflammation. This can be felt, especially if the girl has a low pain threshold. The discomfort does not last longer than 2 days, usually only a few hours. Most often, it seems that the ovary hurts, but can be similar to pain during menstruation.
- Pregnancy. In the early stages of pregnancy, the uterus has not yet reached such a size that the pelvic bones can support it, and the load is on the ligaments. This factor and the fact of an increase in the uterus can lead to squeezing of nearby receptors, which causes aching pain in the lower back. But this happens gradually and is not so pronounced as to interfere with living in the usual way.
- Age features. In adolescence, the cycle is unstable. Monthly can start earlier or later for a couple of weeks, the duration of the cycle may vary. In this case, the pain may be associated with the approach of menstruation, while the girl thinks that they are still far away. In addition, in different cycles, the sensitivity to hormonal fluctuations can be different, so it is not surprising if in some month ovulation is felt strongly, although it has not been felt before.
Usually such unpleasant sensations in the lower abdomen or in the lumbar region pass or markedly decrease at rest. For this you need to lie down comfortably, cover yourself, apply heat, it is advisable to drink enough warm liquid. Therefore, if the pain is pulling and does not interfere with living and working normally, the woman knows that she must have ovulation during this period or she could become pregnant, and in no case should we worry too much. Sometimes it is enough to wait a few hours for everything to go away. Если беспокойства остаётся, можно сходить к врачу.
If abdominal pain in the middle of the cycle appeared for the first time or is very pronounced, most likely, this indicates the development of some pathological process in the body. If the discomfort is not strong, but permanent, it is worth going to the hospital without delaying it. If, in addition to painful sensations, there is weakness, pallor, nausea, bleeding or loss of consciousness, you should immediately call the doctor at the house.
There is a huge number of pathological conditions that can manifest pain in the abdomen. However, their severity can vary from pulling or whining, which only slightly interfere, to acute, capable of causing pain shock.
Here are some of them:
- Infection. There may be discharge, possibly with an unpleasant odor. In the area of the external genital organs, itching or burning occurs. But in the transition to the chronic form of the disease, only aching pain in the lower abdomen may be present. This factor can not be ruled out if there was unprotected sex, but after it has not yet been tested for infection.
- Hypothermia If your legs, belly or back have recently frozen, there are big risks to catch a cold ovary.
- Chronic diseases of the reproductive system.
- Neoplasms: cysts, polyps, oncology. The pain is usually combined with a slight discharge of bloody or brownish discharge.
- Ectopic pregnancy, tube rupture. Usually the pain is localized on the one hand where the affected tube is located. The condition quickly deteriorates, the temperature rises.
- Miscarriage or missed abortion. Characteristic cramping nature of pain, bloody discharge.
- Hormonal disbalance. Usually, this diagnosis is made if the woman’s well-being is markedly different from the usual menstrual period during this period, but there are no visible factors that could contribute to this. Confirmed by analyzes. May be caused by any severe stress.
- Rupture ovarian cysts or the ovary itself. The pain is sharp, up to shock.
- Spikes. Soreness is felt not only in the middle of the cycle, but also in some other situations, for example, during sudden movements or during sex. Acute pain occurs when the spikes break.
In any of the above conditions, treatment is necessary, sometimes emergency (for ectopic pregnancy, miscarriage, cyst rupture). But in any case, you need to start as soon as possible. But the drugs should not be selected on their own, so as not to aggravate the situation. If the causes of poor health are unknown, it is undesirable to apply a heating pad or other heat, as this may increase bleeding.
Of course, the stomach can also hurt for other reasons that are completely unrelated to the sexual sphere. It can be any diseases of internal organs, especially acute conditions. In such situations, pain usually occurs without regard to the period of the menstrual cycle.
- Kidney inflammation. A characteristic feature of this condition is a change in the appearance of urine (turbidity, reddish hue, the presence of flakes). Often it hurts not only the lower abdomen, but also the loin.
- Renal colic. Sensation can cause painful shock, usually localized on one side.
- Intestinal problems. The stomach may ache because of constipation, a sharp pain occurs when obstruction.
- Cystitis. Feel pain and burning, which increases with urination.
It can be concluded that if from month to month in the middle of the cycle pulls the abdomen, this may be just a sign of ovulation. Therefore, do not worry too much. But it will not be superfluous to go to the doctor and make sure that everything is in order. Every woman needs to visit a gynecologist every six months. But if the pain is sharp, long, accompanied by unusual symptoms, the visit to the hospital to postpone nel
Abdominal pain in the middle of the cycle: causes and help
Some women experience pain in the lower abdomen in the middle of the cycle, without paying much attention to them. These pains have different causes. Most often they are associated with problems in gynecology.
Although there is a whole range of diseases and disorders that are sources of lower abdominal pain.
This is usually aching, nagging pain. Although the concentration of such pain in the lower abdomen, there is a return to nearby organs, such as the vagina, rectum, and sacrum.
Statistics and practice show: for every sixth woman these pains are frequent. So why does the lower abdomen hurt in the middle of the cycle?
Causes of lower abdominal pain
Pain during ovulation: the causes and ways of relief. When the age of reproductive opportunities comes, the menstrual cycle will be paramount to determine the causes, if the lower abdomen hurts.
Its characteristic features can help clarify the pattern of such pains. And the most common cause of their appearance is ovulation.
Knowing the length of your menstrual cycle makes it easy to determine the days of ovulation.
The range of days in the menstrual cycle varies from 24 to 35 days for different women. Some women have a classic 28-day cycle, when egg maturation falls on its middle.
Usually, when the stomach hurts, this condition can last for several hours or several days.
The cycle of 24 days is characterized by the time of maturation of the egg on the 10th day, and for the cycle of 35 days - on the 20th day. This is an approximate time.
We must always remember about the features of the female body. At the time of the appearance of ovulation, many factors affect the woman because of her sensitive nature will react in her own way.
Emotional experiences that stimulate the nervous system associated with stress (positive / negative), can "shift" the time of onset of ovulation on the 10th day from the onset of menstruation.
If there are hormonal disorders, failures of the menstrual cycle, then this time will be on the 20th day.
The threshold of sensitivity, characteristics of the character and emotional sphere, the presence of female diseases affect the pain a woman experiences - strong or weak.
Any pain in its intensity associated with ovulation poses no threat to the reproductive sphere.
To understand that the cause of pain is in ovulation, you need to know its features:
- the pain is concentrated either on the right side or on the left, although there is girdle pain on both sides. It depends on which ovary the egg comes from - right or left. Typically, the pain moves to the other side in the next cycle. And this movement is constantly from cycle to cycle,
- vaginal discharge can become fluid, transparent white, sometimes with small amounts of blood. This makes it easier for the sperm to enter the uterus and fertilize the egg,
- increased libido. This is due to the natural readiness to conceive, when the egg has matured,
- some women may experience breast tenderness.
The doctor may also prescribe an ovulation test. His positive result will confirm that the egg has left the ovary and is ready for fertilization.
The pain in the middle of the cycle and the listed symptoms collectively speak of a woman's ovulatory syndrome. It may be associated with a recent infectious disease.
There are effective methods to facilitate it. They can only be resorted to after a medical examination that determines the cause of the pain.
If only ovulatory syndrome is confirmed, then the following methods will help you ease it:
- try to maintain a calm, even mood. Avoid stress if possible. If it is difficult to do this, then arm yourself with express techniques for psycho-emotional stress relief. It can be simple breathing, relaxation techniques, water procedures. The so-called “fetal posture” has proved itself well in practice, when a woman turns off kolachikom and is in this position for some time. This allows you to relax.
- lightweight diet, with the exception of "heavy" food (all fatty, spicy, caffeinated products, legumes),
- antispasmodics prescribed by a doctor, such as "No-shpa" or "Spazgan",
- painkillers, anti-inflammatory drugs such as "Ibuprofen", the purpose of which is to reduce pain and prostaglandin production,
- There are cases when, according to the recommendation of a doctor, oral contraceptives and warm herbal baths can be used (not all are shown). Why? Contraceptive drugs are prescribed if an abnormal, painful change in the hormonal composition is detected.
Their goal is to help lead to a balance of hormones and suppress the process of ovulation. Then the pain in the middle of the cycle stops.
The doctor chooses the treatment of ovulatory syndrome, based on two points:
- how badly the menstrual cycle is disturbed
- what is the desire of a woman. If she wants to get pregnant, the doctor treats only the symptoms with painkillers and antispasmodics in order to relieve pain in the middle of the cycle.
The spectrum of diseases causing mid-cycle pain
Abdominal pain may occur for psycho-emotional reasons. These are stresses, especially associated with “things” that are significant for a woman, with her feminine kind.
It is common for her to experience, worry, and sometimes painfully respond to stressful situations.
The stress that it is experiencing, directly affects all systems and organs, or only weakly affects the body. Vessels constrict and muscle spasms occur, which disrupts the work of the organs.
If a stressful situation occurs in the middle of the menstrual cycle, it can cause pain.
Diseases of different genesis causing abdominal pain in the middle of the cycle:
- neoplasms (cysts, uterine myoma),
- inflammatory (appendicitis, inflammation of the fallopian tubes, appendages),
- infectious (urogenital infections),
- oncological diseases,
- ectopic pregnancy.
In the middle of the cycle the lower abdomen hurts. A condition when the stomach hurts can be characterized by unusual secretions. They should alert you.
The appearance of bloody intermenstrual discharge from the genital tract may indicate the presence of various female diseases.
These diseases include hormonal changes in the endocrine system, endometrial diseases, pelvic inflammatory diseases, infection, cervical disease.
The presence of bleeding after intercourse may indicate trauma to the vagina.
In order to properly diagnose, you need to contact the gynecologist-endocrinologist, who will prescribe the necessary research for you.
It will necessarily include a study on sexually transmitted infections, a study using colposcopy of the cervix.
To exclude the pathology of the uterus and appendages prescribe ultrasound. To eliminate the endocrine nature of your bloody intermenstrual secretions, it is necessary to examine the level of hormones in the blood.
It is also recommended to pass a general blood test and hemostasiogram, that is, to examine the blood for clotting. This will eliminate blood disease.
With the full range of tests, it will be possible to identify the cause of the discharge and determine the violation.
When you need emergency help
If you don’t know exactly what caused intolerable abdominal pains, you should immediately seek medical help. How to determine when it needs to be done immediately?
Here a list of obvious signs will come to the rescue:
- fever, freezing,
- feeling weak
- nagging, sharp pains in the abdomen, in the lumbar region,
- increased nausea, gag reflex,
- bleeding from the vagina, bleeding,
- urine with blood
- chair with mucus of "unnatural" color (black, green, red).
These signs are a cry for help. Only a doctor can help. Self-medication is contraindicated, as you risk losing the most important thing - your life.
So, pain in the lower abdomen in the middle of the cycle has different causes and, quite possibly, is associated with serious violations.
It is important to identify the true source of pain and resort to the help of a specialist, using his recommendations.
We hope the information from this article will allow you to get to know your body and understand its signals to help you cope with the problem and not get sick.
What are the causes of abdominal pain in the middle of a cycle?
Such pain is very often caused by bleeding from the ovary, however, this bleeding is minor. It occurs mainly in the middle of the cycle. This bleeding often irritates the abdominal wall, which causes it to inflame and ache. Later, the bleeding does not bother, the blood coagulates. But pain during bleeding can be both strong and weak. It depends on the characteristics of the woman’s body and the nature of the bleeding - whether it is strong or weak.
One of the causes of abdominal pain in the middle of a cycle can be the distance between the abdominal wall and the ovary. If it is small, the pain may be more intense. And the pain in the middle of the cycle is usually caused by ovulation - the release of an egg from the ovary. Although ovulation causes severe pain in the lower abdomen, it does not provoke other diseases of the genitourinary system. This is a positive thing. It is also good that these pains do not provoke additional diseases of the reproductive system.
Abdominal or mid-abdominal pain during a cycle can be the result of many diseases of the reproductive system. These diseases are an ovarian cyst, inflammation of the appendages, uterine fibroids, infections of the urogenital system. If such pains occur, it is best to immediately consult a doctor to find out the reasons. If the urogenital system is healthy, then it can be diseases of the pelvic organs. Causes can also be stretching of the muscles, as well as ligaments connecting the internal organs.
Emotions caused by stress can damage the health of a woman’s internal organs. But how can stress affect the health of the liver or kidneys? Very simple. The organs are attached to the spinal column with ligaments. When a woman is nervous or has experienced shock, ligaments are spasmed and organs can change position. In this way. The nerve endings and the vessels that permeate the organs can also twist, and this causes severe pain. If this coincides with the middle of the cycle, the pain may increase. Cramps caused by muscle contraction must be treated to neutralize the pain. The doctor will advise and help to cope with this condition.
Abdominal pain in the middle of the cycle due to gynecological problems
One of the most popular reasons why a woman develops pain in the middle of a cycle is inflammation of the reproductive organs. If the destructive processes inside the abdomen in the middle of the cycle become acute, the pain may be localized in one area. In this case, a woman can be ill, her body temperature can greatly increase.
Pain in a woman's abdomen during a cycle can be pulling and exacerbate or occur after being examined by a gynecologist, as well as after examining a rectal area. This is quite dangerous because the pelvic organs become inflamed, and this requires the help of a doctor as soon as possible. It also greatly affects the reproductive capacity of women.
Why do pains occur during ovulation?
Pain during ovulation may occur due to the fact that the follicle emerging from the ovary develops its thin shell. It can cause pain, quite strong. These pains are deployed in the pelvic area and are shingles. Such pain lasts from 3-4 hours to 2-3 days. It is quite a long time. Therefore, such pains require additional consultation with a doctor. Especially if the pain is accompanied by lethargy and fatigue. In this case, you can take a pill no-shpy - it relieves spasms and anesthesia.
If lower abdominal pain is also accompanied by discharge of blood from the vagina, it is worth worrying. Then you need to immediately contact a gynecologist for advice. The causes of pain can be diseases such as a cyst in the area of the cervical canal, endometritis or myometritis.
Other causes of mid-cycle abdominal pain
- Ovarian cancer.
- Cervical cancer.
- Cystitis in acute form.
- Varicose veins in the pelvic area.
Abdominal pain in the middle of the cycle is a serious problem that can occur in the presence of serious diseases. Therefore, if this pain lasts more than two hours, it is better to consult a doctor for consultation.
Pain as one of the signs of ovulation
The duration of the menstrual cycle for most women is 24-35 days. If the cycle lasts 28 days, then ovulation occurs approximately in its middle and can cause nagging pain, as well as other discomfort. The duration of the discomfort usually varies from 3 hours to 2-3 days. And they can be both frequent and periodic.
It should be borne in mind that the body of each woman is individual. Therefore, ovulation will occur approximately on the 20th day of the cycle for those who have a cycle of 35 days duration. But at the same time, there are quite a few women who have a cycle that lasts no more than 24 days. In such a situation, the discomfort is most likely to appear around the 10th day of the cycle.
Also, certain factors can influence the time of onset of ovulation. For example, late ovulation is characteristic of women who have irregularities in the duration of the menstrual cycle or hormonal disruptions. Если же у женщины были эмоциональные перегрузки или стрессы, усилились физические нагрузки или был слишком страстный секс – овуляция вполне может начаться на 10 сутки от начала месячных.
Какой будет интенсивность боли, зависит от таких факторов:
- character traits - creative, sensual natures feel discomfort more intense,
- the presence or absence of gynecological diseases (for diseases the pain will increase)
- individual perception of pain - the higher his level, the less pain in the lower abdomen will be in the middle of the cycle.
The main thing to remember is that ovulation does not affect the urinary system diseases.. In addition, regardless of the intensity, pain does not pose a danger to the reproductive function of women.
When is urgent medical care needed?
A woman needs to get to a doctor’s consultation as soon as possible or to call an ambulance if she notices the appearance of such symptoms:
- body temperature rises steadily,
- pulls the waist in the middle of the cycle over a long period of time (more than 24 hours),
- nausea, urge to vomit,
- the ovary constantly hurts, the patient's condition continues to deteriorate,
- a woman may suddenly faint,
- bleeding occurred (regardless of the intensity of the discharge),
- in the past, the patient underwent gynecological surgery or diseases of the reproductive organs,
- ovaries are sore on the background of taking drugs to stimulate ovulation.
Solving problems with women's health, even if they seem to be quite harmless and insignificant, should be handled by a specialist. Self-medication is strictly prohibited! This can result in serious problems for a woman. At best, they may be related to the functioning of the reproductive system. Some pathologies may threaten the patient’s life and require emergency surgical intervention.
Normally, discomfort in the lower abdomen occurs on the 10-12th day of the cycle and lasts from several hours to 2-3 days. It is important to know that the discomfort comes with the onset of ovulation. Such pains in the middle of the cycle appear due to the rupture of the follicle in which the egg cell was formed. As you know, in one cycle one follicle in one ovary matures - right or left. Therefore, discomfort for a woman usually appears on one side of the abdomen.
At the moment of rupture an egg cell leaves the follicle, and its contents are poured out. The fluid enters the pelvic cavity, irritates the fallopian tubes and uterus. The activation of the nerve receptors of these organs causes the appearance of unpleasant sensations. Note that feelings during ovulation resemble pain during menstruation. Some women pulls not only the lower abdomen, but also the lower back.
In addition to pain, other symptoms indicate ovulation:
- Changing the nature of vaginal discharge. They become more liquid and in structure resemble the protein of a raw egg. This is to ensure that sperm is easier to penetrate into the uterus. Thus, a change in the structure of secretions contributes to fertilization, that is, pregnancy.
- Change the color of vaginal discharge. Usual whitish discharge becomes translucent. This is a physiological phenomenon that should not cause any concerns.
- Sensitization of the mammary glands. Many women have chest pain in the middle of the cycle. The mammary glands become painful and too sensitive.
- Increased sexual desire. During ovulation, the chance of becoming pregnant is the highest. Increased libido is a natural reaction of the female body, which contributes to the onset of conception.
If you have a stomach ache in the middle of the cycle - be extremely careful. Especially if you are not going to have a child yet. During ovulation, the chances of getting pregnant are very high, so protect yourself very carefully these days.
It is curious that the intensity of pain during ovulation depends on many factors. First of all - from individual pain sensitivity. In some women it is higher, in others it is lower. Creative sensual natures experience ovulation much more than all the other women.
If you have a lot of pain and pulls the lower abdomen in the middle of the cycle - you should worry. Such symptoms often indicate serious gynecological diseases, diseases of the urinary system or intestines. In sick women, ovulation is always more painful than in healthy ones.
Possible causes of pain:
- Acute appendicitis. When an inflammation of the appendix pain is localized in the lower abdomen to the right. It is more intense than with ovulation, and is accompanied by an increase in temperature. A woman feels chills, general weakness and apathy. Initially, appendicitis pains are mild, but soon worsen. A woman needs immediate hospitalization and surgery.
- Rupture ovarian cysts. A cyst is a fluid-filled cavity that is located inside the right or left ovary. She breaks during intercourse or while performing heavy physical work. At this point, the woman has severe pain, which is hard to confuse with the pain of ovulation. A woman needs immediate medical attention.
- Sexually transmitted infections (chlamydia, ureaplasmosis, trichomoniasis). Women with STIs, along with pain, develop pathological discharge. They have an unpleasant smell and unusual color.
- Adnexitis. When adnexitis in a woman, the appendages become inflamed, that is, the fallopian tubes and ovaries. The disease is manifested by aching pain in the lower abdomen. From the vagina may appear purulent discharge with an unpleasant odor.
- Malignant and benign tumors of the uterus. Painful sensations in tumors appear independently of the phases of the cycle. Quite often, women find in their fetid discharge with blood.
What to do if a lower abdominal pain in the middle of the cycle? With weak aching pains during ovulation, there is no point in worrying. As a rule, they disappear on their own the very next day. If the pain causes discomfort - you can cope with them with the help of painkillers.
If the pain does not go away for a long time or are accompanied by alarming symptoms - immediately contact the gynecologist. The doctor will examine and examine you, after which he will say whether there is cause for concern. If he finds you have any disease, he will select the optimal treatment regimen.
Never take antibiotics or other medications without a doctor's permission. So you can seriously harm your health.