Vilar (Russia), Moscow Pharmaceutical Factory (Russia), Rostov Pharmaceutical Factory (Russia)
International non-proprietary name
Calendula Flowers Extract + Chamomile Flowers Extract + Yarrow Herb Extract
A mixture of liquid extracts of chamomile, calendula and yarrow (in the ratio 2: 1: 1).
Anti-inflammatory, enhances the processes of reparative regeneration in the mucous membranes, has hemostatic properties.
Indications for use
Inflammatory diseases of the oral mucosa of various etiologies and periodontal diseases (aphthous stomatitis, periodontal disease, necrotizing gingivostomatitis).
Hypersensitivity to the plants contained in the preparation.
No information available.
No information available.
No information available.
Dosing and Administration
1 teaspoon of rotokan diluted in a glass of warm water. Parodontosis is treated after removal of dental plaque and curettage of the pathological gum pockets. In the gum pockets injected for 20 minutes thin turunda, abundantly moistened with a solution of rotocan. The procedure is carried out daily or every other day (4-6 times). For diseases of the oral mucosa, applications are used (15-20 minutes) or oral baths (1-2 minutes) with a solution of rotokan 2-3 times a day for 2-5 days.
No information available.
In a cool, dark place.
Rotokan (flowers of marigold medicinal (Latin Caléndula officinlis) + camomile flowers (Latin Matricia chamomīlla) + yarrow herb (Latin Achilléa millefólium) - a three-component herbal medicine that has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, imperative, imperative, imperative, imperative, imperative, imperative, imperative, 100-hp; It is used both externally and systemically.It has a healing effect and helps to restore the integrity of the mucous membranes.It is used mainly for diseases of the oral cavity of inflammatory origin:
• aphthous inflammation of the oral mucosa,
• inflammation of periodontal tissues,
• necrotic inflammation of the mouth and gums.
Another area of application of Rotokan is gastroenterology: the drug is included in the protocols for the treatment of inflammation of the duodenal mucosa and the pyloric zone of the stomach, chronic inflammation of the small intestine, and inflammation of the large intestine. Has the dosage form of the solution. In the treatment of inflammatory diseases of the oral cavity, the drug is diluted in water and applied by application to the affected area or oral baths. Frequency of use - 2-3 times a day. The course of treatment is 2-5 days. In the treatment of periodontitis, the instillation of the drug is carried out with the help of turunds inserted into the recess between the tooth and gum (t.
n “Gum pocket”). The procedure is carried out every day for 5-6 days. When used in gastroenterological practice, Rotokan is used half an hour before meals or after the same period of time after it. Frequency of use - 3-4 times a day, the course of treatment is carried out within 2-3 weeks. Another way to administer the drug is through the rectum by enema. The procedure is preceded by a cleansing enema. The course of treatment in this case is 4-6 days.
Rotokan is a dark brown liquid with a specific odor. The presence of sediment is not a sign of poor-quality medicinal product: before use, the bottle must be shaken to obtain a homogeneous solution. Due to its plant nature, the drug has virtually no clinically significant side effects. In the rarest of cases, allergic reactions can develop. The only contraindication to the use of Rotokan is individual intolerance to any component (s) of the drug. Cases of overdose with Rotokan, as well as acute drug poisoning, were not reported. From pharmacies, the drug is sold without presenting a doctor's prescription. It is recommended to store Rotokan in a cool (8-15 ° C) place, protecting it from direct sunlight.
Composition and release form
The drug Rotokan is produced in the form of a liquid, which has a dark brown hue and a specific smell.
- The composition includes water-alcoholic extract from plant materials: calendula flowers, chamomile, and yarrow herbs in proportions 2: 1: 1. The liquid is placed in a dark vial.
The drug is available in 25 ml, 50 ml, and 100 ml.
Instructions for use
Description of the active substance (INN): Calendula flowers extract + Chamomile flowers extract + Yarrow herb extract
Dosage Form: oral and topical extract [liquid]
Pharmacological action: The combined drug of plant origin, has a local anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, hemostatic effect. Promotes regeneration of the damaged mucous membrane.
Indications: Inflammatory diseases of the oral cavity (aphthous stomatitis, periodontitis, necrotizing gingivostomatitis). In gastroenterology (as part of combination therapy): gastroduodenitis, chronic enteritis and colitis.
Side effects: Allergic reactions.
Dosage and administration: Local. 5 ml of the solution is diluted in 200 ml of warm water. For diseases of the oral mucosa, applications are used (15-20 minutes) or oral baths (1-2 minutes), 2-3 times a day, for 2-5 days. In the treatment of periodontitis, after removal of tartar and scraping of pathological gum pockets, thin tur- cudes, richly moistened with a solution, are injected into the gums pockets for 20 minutes daily or every other day (4-6 times). Inside - 1 / 3-1 / 2 cups (60-100 ml) of the solution 30 minutes before a meal or 40-60 minutes after a meal, 3-4 times a day. The course of treatment is 2-3 weeks. Microclysters: rectally - 50-100 ml of solution after cleansing enema, 1-2 times a day. The course of treatment is 3-6 days.
Description of the drug Rotokan is not intended to prescribe treatment without the participation of a doctor.
Dosage and administration
Apply an aqueous solution prepared at the rate of 1 tsp of rotocan per 1 cup of warm boiled water (with good tolerance, the concentration can be increased up to 3 tsp.).
For diseases of the oral mucosa, a solution of rotokan is used by the method of applications (15–20 min) or rinsing of the oral cavity (1–2 min) 2-3 times a day for 2–5 days.
Periodontal treatment is carried out after the removal of dental plaque and curettage of the pathological gum pockets. For 20 minutes, thin turunds, abundantly moistened with rotocan solution, are introduced into the gum pockets. The procedure is carried out 1 time per day, every day or every other day, only 4–6 times.
In gastroenterology, rotocan is used internally and in microclysters. Inside - 1 / 3–1 / 2 glasses of solution 30 minutes before meals or 40–60 minutes after meals 3-4 times a day. Course - 2-3 weeks.
Microclysters with 50–100 ml of solution are used after a cleansing enema 1–2 times a day. The course is 3–6 days.
Indications for use
- inflammatory diseases of the oral cavity (stomatitis, periodontitis, atrophic ulcerative gingivitis),
- as part of combination therapy for chronic enteritis and enterocolitis, gastroduodenitis.
Each of the ingredients "Rotokana" is a natural drug:
- chamomile stops the inflammatory process and reduces pain due to the content of essential oil and organic acids in its flowers
- calendula perfectly heals injuries, relieves inflammation, soothes and tones
- yarrow improves blood circulation in the tissues, promotes healing of wounds and counteracts inflammation. It is used with caution because of the content of poison, so the concentration of yarrow in the preparation is small
The drug has the following types of actions:
- pain reliever
- regenerative (regenerating mucous membranes)
The only contraindication to the external and local use of herbal medicine is an allergy to any of its components. When taken orally Rotocan is forbidden to use under the following conditions:
- individual intolerance to the components
- severe violations of the liver and kidneys,
- age up to 18 years
- chronic alcoholism,
- brain damage or traumatic brain injury.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use Rotocan is used in the form of an aqueous solution. It is prepared immediately before use at the rate of 1 teaspoon of extract per 1 cup of boiled warm water. If Rotocan is well tolerated, the dose can be increased to 3 teaspoons per 1 cup of water.
- In dental practice for inflammatory diseases of the oral mucosa, an aqueous solution of the drug is used 2-3 times a day by rinsing for 1-2 minutes or applications lasting 15-20 minutes. The duration of treatment is from 2 to 5 days.
- When periodontitis after the procedure of removing tartar and cleansing the pathological gum pockets, thin turunds are introduced into them, which are abundantly moistened with Rotocan solution. This procedure is carried out daily or every other day for 20 minutes (only 4-6 applications are required).
- In gastroenterological practice, the drug is used inside, as well as in microclysters. Inside Rotokan take half an hour before meals or 40-60 minutes after a meal. A single dose is 60-100 ml of diluted solution (1 / 3-1 / 2 cup). Frequency of use - 3-4 times a day. The duration of therapy is 2-3 weeks.
For microclysters, 50-100 ml of Rotokan solution is required. The procedure is carried out 1-2 times a day, making a pre-cleansing enema. The duration of treatment is 3-6 days.
How to breed Rotocan mouthwash
The concentration must be changed, taking into account the age of the patient, the disease and the localization of inflammation. For diseases of the throat (ARVI, tonsillitis, sore throat, pharyngitis, laryngitis and others) make the solution:
- A weakly concentrated solution for children is 1 tsp. in a glass of water.
- For adults, the dose is increased to three teaspoons with normal tolerance to the components of the drug.
Since this is an alcoholic infusion, children make a weak rinse solution, and use half of the prepared medicine. Means even in weak concentration has an unpleasant taste for the child. When treating children, one should observe what the reaction to the extract will be. If there are side effects, it means that the child has a hypersensitivity to the components and it is worth to stop using the drug.
When using a concentrated solution of Rotokan alcohol tincture, a burn of the mucous membrane is possible in the area of its application.
In this case, the use of the drug should be stopped, and the affected tissue should be washed with a large volume of running water. In the future, the need for anti-inflammatory therapy is determined by the doctor. Systemic adverse effects of the drug have not been described.
The drug itself contains ethyl alcohol, so the use of Rotokan limits the ability to manage transportation and employment related to the need for increased attention.
We offer to read the reviews of people who used the drug Rotokan:
- Anna I have chronic tonsillitis and Rotokan, I always have at home. The price he has more than affordable - up to 20 rubles, enough for eight rinses. The composition is completely natural. It should be stored in the refrigerator, so I dilute it before rinsing in warm water, after rinsing for half an hour, do not eat or drink anything.
- Irina . If you choose between chemical and natural medicines, it is better to give preference to the medicine from nature. These include "Rotokan". This is a tincture of herbs on alcohol. Mom had severe stomatitis, ulcers all over her mouth. No drugs really did not help until the Rotokan was advised at the pharmacy. After 3 rinses, there was a noticeable relief, after a week there was no trace of the sores. Since then, he has always been in our family medicine chest just in case, a good and inexpensive medicine.
- Marina I learned about Rotocan even when I was carrying a child. I started having tonsillitis and the doctor prescribed this medicine. I did not expect such an effect from him, but the inflammation disappeared very quickly. Now my child is already breastfeeding, and Rotokan is always in the first-aid kit. With colds and stomatitis, our family uses it very often, and its cost is low.
Rotokan has several structural analogues, which contain the same plant extracts. These are drugs such as Diarotokan, Rotokan Vilar and Zhekaton.
Analogues of drugs, that is, medicinal drugs similar to Rokotan, according to indications for use and exposure, are:
- Bimmunal and others.
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
The drug should be kept away from children and pets.
The drug must be stored at a temperature that will not exceed 15 ° C. Avoid contact with direct sunlight and water.
Under all conditions, the medicine can be stored for 2 years. After the time the drug is strictly contraindicated. The drug should be disposed of.
Pharmacological (immunobiological) properties
It has a local anti-inflammatory effect, has hemostatic and antispasmodic properties.
In dentistry: inflammatory diseases of the oral mucosa and periodontal disease of various etiologies (aphthous stomatitis, periodontitis, ulcerative-necrotic gingivostomatitis).
In gastroenterology: gastroduodenitis, chronic enteritis and colitis (in complex treatment).
Liquid extract for oral administration and local use.
On 25 ml, 50 ml in bottles droppers of orange glass with a screw mouth.
On 25 ml, 50 ml, 90 ml, 100 ml or 110 ml in bottles, banks of orange glass with a screw mouth. Each bottle, dropper bottle, jar, along with instructions for medical use are placed in a pack of cardboard. It is allowed to apply the full text of the instruction for medical use on a pack of cardboard.
Vials, dropper bottles, banks with an equal number of instructions for medical use are placed in a group container ("for hospitals").
There are good reviews on the use of the drug for nebulizer. Coughing inhalations promote sputum secretion and help moisten the cough. The procedure has been widely used in both adults and children’s practice. Despite the contraindications prescribed in the instructions for children, the use of tinctures topically for inhalation, as an effective anti-inflammatory cough, is popular with many parents.
Rotokan’s throat is actively used by patients when angina. Mark rapid relief and decrease symptoms.
It is known that the medicine has become widespread in gynecology in the form of douching. Thanks to a combination of antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effects, they are obtained with various inflammations.
Rinse is widely used during pregnancy in case of sore throat, pharyngitiswhich gives excellent results.
The drug is used in cosmetology from acne, positive reviews. Many girls claim that such a remedy, when applied locally, is well dried and disinfected, which reduces redness and the number of inflammatory elements.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Due to herbal components that are part of the alcohol tincture, Rotocan has anti-inflammatory (reduces the severity of the inflammatory reaction), hemostatic (helps to stop bleeding) and antispasmodic (reduces the tone of the smooth muscles of the walls of the hollow organs of the digestive system) for external use. Data on absorption, distribution in the body, metabolism and elimination of the active components of the drug to date there.
Dosing and Administration
The drug Rotokan is applied externally in the form of an aqueous solution, which is obtained by adding 1 teaspoon of tincture to a glass of warm boiled water. If necessary, and well tolerated by the patient, a more concentrated aqueous solution is made by the patient - 3 teaspoons per 1 cup of warm boiled water. Methods of application of the solution differ depending on medical indications:
- Treatment of inflammatory pathology of the oral mucosa - applied with a solution for 20 minutes or gargling for 1-2 minutes, 2-3 times a day. The average course of treatment is 5 days.
- Therapy of periodontitis - in the pocket of the gums after removal of pathological deposits of the tooth root, the doctor injects a small cotton-gauze turunda for 20 minutes, abundantly moistened with an aqueous solution of Rotocan tincture. The procedure is carried out 1 time per day or every other day, only 4-6 times.
- Pathology of the upper gastrointestinal tract (stomach, duodenal ulcer, small intestine) - the solution is ingested by 1/3 or ½ cup half an hour before meals or one hour after eating 3-4 times a day. The course of treatment is on average 2-3 weeks.
- Inflammatory diseases of the colon - an aqueous solution of alcohol tincture Rotocan is used in the form of microclysters with a volume of 50-100 ml 1-2 times a day after cleansing enema. The course of treatment lasts from 4 to 6 days.
If necessary, the method of use and dosage of the drug the doctor can correct individually.
In general, the drug is well tolerated. Sometimes it is possible to develop allergic reactions in the form of a skin rash, itching, urticaria (a reaction resembling a nettle), angioedema, angioedema of the angioedema (swelling of soft tissues with predominant localization in the region of the face and external genital organs). When negative reactions appear, the doctor determines individually the possibility of further use of the solution for external use. Rotocan.