It is difficult to find a woman who would not want a child. Sooner or later, every girl thinks that it’s time to give birth to her baby. To date, very often miscarriages occur in women. It is difficult to say why this is happening.
It is not always possible to determine the cause of miscarriage
Many women believe that they are completely healthy and are horrified when their pregnancy abruptly fails. Today we will talk about how to get pregnant after a miscarriage and when to do it.
Why does a miscarriage occur?
One of the causes of miscarriage may be bad habits in the expectant mother
There are many different opinions on this issue. Some gynecologists say that the reason for this is ecology, bad habits, a very fast and impulsive lifestyle. Others are confident that this is natural selection and this happens to many people occasionally.
What awaits the female body after a miscarriage?
Psela miscarriage woman's body is under severe stress
Of course, for any girl this is a very big stress. Losing your child is very difficult and most important is to recover and live on. We dealt with the cause of miscarriage a little, but the main thing is not why it happened, and what consequences are expected after it.
Miscarriage is considered a natural overlap of pregnancy that occurs without any medical intervention.
Regardless of the exact period at which the miscarriage occurred, you should understand that this is a huge stress for the body, especially in terms of hormones. After a woman becomes pregnant her body completely changes and with a sharp interruption there are very big changes with which the body is very difficult to cope. This will affect not only the general state of health, but also the work of the ovaries.
In addition, after a miscarriage, it is likely that you will need to do curettage, since very often some particles remain inside the woman and, if not cleaned, this can result in inflammation that will lead to very serious consequences. During curettage, the mucous membrane is damaged, and this is also very bad.
It is also worth noting that a miscarriage is usually accompanied by heavy bleeding, and the loss of a large amount of blood is also not good. After such a blood loss, the body also needs a long time to recover.
When can you get pregnant again?
It is not advisable to have a baby soon after a miscarriage.
Many are interested in whether you can get pregnant after a miscarriage. In fact, you can get pregnant literally the next month, since a miscarriage will be considered the beginning of the next cycle and in a couple of weeks there will be ovulation. But, despite this, doctors do not recommend to start fertilization immediately after a miscarriage.
Of course, many couples think that the faster they can become pregnant again, the faster they switch and forget about the situation. But doctors are extremely advised not to do so. If you look from a moral point of view, then, of course, it will be much easier for a woman, but from a physiological point of view.
If you miscarry after a miscarriage after three months, in most cases you will take out a healthy baby and safely give birth. But if the pregnancy comes right after a miscarriage, there is a very high probability that the miscarriage will happen again, so you should not hurry. The body should rest, recuperate and only after that it is worth planning a child.
Many doctors argue that the less time has passed after a miscarriage, the greater the risk that it will happen again. If to be truthful enough, in order for the female body to fully rest should pass one year, therefore, the most ideal solution is considered to plan a child 12 months after a miscarriage.
What you need to be tested after a miscarriage?
After miscarriage, you must undergo a medical examination.
After the woman comes to his senses, after what happened, it is necessary to undergo a medical examination to find out what was the reason for the miscarriage. If the existing problem is not resolved, the situation may recur even after 12 months.
First of all, doctors must send the embryo itself for examination. This is necessary in order to determine whether it was viable. Also during this examination, doctors will see if there were any abnormalities or abnormalities in the embryo from the norm.
Further, the woman will have to undergo a series of tests that can show whether the mother had any infections at the time of the pregnancy. There are some infections that cause a miscarriage and if they are found in a woman's body, they should be treated so that the miscarriage does not recur.
It is also very often the cause of miscarriage becomes an insufficient amount of hormones.
Therefore, it will be necessary to undergo several tests for sex hormones, and in case of incorrect indicators, it will be necessary to correct the hormones of the woman. In addition to all of the above examinations, you will need to do an ultrasound examination. An ultrasound scan will show whether the woman has problems with the uterus and tubes, and you can also see if there are septums in the uterus, as well as endometrial readings.
How to make a healthy baby after a miscarriage?
Again, getting pregnant, you should not think about miscarriage
After a woman to get pregnant again you need to be very careful from the very beginning of the pregnancy. Firstly, it is desirable to completely eliminate any physical stress on the body. Any stressful situations can also have a very detrimental effect on the health of the mother and child. It is necessary to spend as much time as possible in the fresh air and stay in places with a large number of people less so as not to catch any infection.
In addition, you should pay attention to your diet. It is best to abandon harmful products that adversely affect human health, since everything that the mother eats gets into the child. It is necessary to carefully study the composition of each product, and avoid those products that include chemicals, dyes, flavor enhancers. The whole diet of a pregnant woman should be properly balanced and have enough vitamin for both mother and baby. It is also necessary to follow the calories, so as not to gain excess weight.
It is very important to be ready for a new pregnancy after a miscarriage, and this applies not only to physical health. Do not be afraid that the situation will happen again and you lose the child. On the contrary, try to think only about the good and enjoy every day of pregnancy. The baby feels everything that the mother feels, so rejoice more and smile.
Miscarriage and its types
Miscarriage called spontaneous abortion up to 22 weeks. At a later date, this process is called preterm labor, when medics do everything possible to save the life of the infant, who was previously laid out of the womb. Up to 22 weeks to conduct resuscitation is considered inappropriate.
Types of miscarriage are separated for reasons of its occurrence. Possible causes of this phenomenon include:
- Miscarriage can provoke an excessive concentration of androgen (male hormone) in the blood of a pregnant woman. An excess of androgen can indicate a large amount of hair on a woman’s body, especially on her legs, stomach and face. Having learned about such a problem, before planning a subsequent pregnancy after a miscarriage, it is important for a woman to examine blood for hormones. If according to the test results everything indicates a hormonal imbalance, then Dexamethasone therapy is carried out to correct male hormones. According to medical indications, such treatment may continue during pregnancy.
- Infectious diseases in pregnant women. To exclude the possibility of interruption for this reason, both prospective parents should undergo a joint survey at the conception planning stage.
- Tumor neoplasms, for example, cervical fibroids. It creates an obstacle to the normal fixation of the egg in the uterus, thereby causing early miscarriage.
- Pathology of the cervix can cause miscarriage in the later stages. The uterus itself and the fetus put pressure on the cervix, which may cause its premature disclosure. The cause of weakness of the cervix is either a genetic predisposition, or injury to it during previous births or abortions. If this situation happened, the doctor should put a special suture on the cervix, which will be removed almost before the birth. In especially severe cases, a woman will have to stay in bed after applying such a suture in order to maintain a pregnancy.
- Diseases of the endocrine system (thyroid disease or diabetes mellitus) can lead to negative consequences. That is why expectant mothers are strongly advised to conduct a comprehensive examination before pregnancy in order to know about all the problems in the body. It is also very important during the pregnancy to be observed by an endocrinologist.
- Immunological incompatibility of spouses. In such a situation, the mother’s body simply rejects the father’s cells in the embryo. It may require a course of immunological therapy.
- Excessive physical stress on the female body, weightlifting or injury. If this is the case, then the next pregnancy immediately after the miscarriage should occur and proceed with the complete elimination of these factors.
If none of these reasons is confirmed, it is more likely that the cause of the interruption was some genetic abnormalities in the fetus. That is, a sort of natural selection took place, during which natural removal of the non-viable embryo took place.
In such cases, pregnancy after a miscarriage in the early stages is possible only after consulting a geneticist and conducting chromosomal tests to detect abnormalities. It is also necessary to study the rejected embryo to determine its pathologies.
Attention! If you can not get pregnant after a miscarriage, you should immediately consult with your doctor.
Examination after miscarriage
If a miscarriage occurs - do not despair and panic. You just need to more carefully approach the planning of the next pregnancy. This will require a serious examination and determine the existing problems in the body. It should be remembered at the same time that a huge number of such problems lends itself to successful medical correction. For these purposes, the following surveys are conducted:
- detection of infectious diseases in the mother,
- a blood test after miscarriage for planning a next pregnancy,
- on sex hormones, to establish their possible imbalance in the body,
- ultrasound examination of the organs of the female reproductive system. Any deviation can cause interruption of labor, be it uterine bend, poor endometrium, or uterine septum,
- Keto-steroid urine test - performed with the same purpose as a blood test,
- determination of the functioning of the adrenal glands and thyroid gland.
Dangerous complications after miscarriage
As a rule, the interruption is always accompanied by a strong loss of blood. It is very important that the uterine cavity is freed from both the ovum and the membranes of the embryo. In order to prevent residual effects in the uterus, vacuum aspiration is done, during which the uterus cavity is scraped. Such a procedure may have undesirable consequences:
- heavy bleeding
- infection in the uterus,
- hormonal imbalance
- the remains of the ovum may still remain in the uterus.
Because of any complications, the menstrual cycle cannot be adjusted for a long time, and this is what affects the ability to become pregnant. In order for everything to return to normal, the body must recover. You may need to resort to the help of special restorative therapy. If ovulation after a miscarriage at an early period does not occur within a year, then the help of specialists will be required.
How long after the miscarriage can pregnancy be planned
The timing of pregnancy varies within 3-12 months. It depends directly on the circumstances of the miscarriage. If there were no complications, then it will come much faster. Sometimes, in the absence of any health problems, conception may occur even in the next cycle. Need to know how to prepare for pregnancy after a miscarriage.
How to prepare the body for pregnancy after a miscarriage
Since the ovaries begin their functioning immediately after abrupt interruption of labor, one can become pregnant after one month.
It should be remembered that the recommended time of the next pregnancy is six months, since it is worth preparing for pregnancy after such a load on the body. After all, the less time passes, the higher the risk that everything will happen again from the beginning. What is important here is not haste, but the realization that the body needs a period for normal recovery.
It is necessary to approach the subsequent conception thoroughly, having passed all the necessary examinations and carefully planned everything. Pregnancy a month after a miscarriage is too little to properly prepare.
Basic training measures:
- calm down after the shock and bring your psycho-emotional state back to normal,
- if necessary, remove excess weight,
- stop taking medicines and take a break from them,
- eliminate bad habits
- take a course of folic acid and vitamin E,
- balance your diet.
Pregnancy 3 months after miscarriage
Conception in such terms after a spontaneous abortion, of course, no longer carries such a threat, as in the previous case. The body has already received some respite and, if there were no complications, it will be able to successfully endure the upcoming pregnancy 3 months after the miscarriage and give birth to a healthy child.
Here, the emotional state of a woman plays a huge role - it is important to tune yourself to the best result and get rid of the fears of carrying a pregnancy.
During the new pregnancy
A woman who has at least once suffered such a situation automatically falls into the risk group with a high probability of complications in the process of carrying. This is particularly affected by the period of time elapsed after the interruption of labor.
It often happens that the termination of pregnancy coincide. In the case of the first suspicions, a woman urgently needs to see a doctor. When half the time passes, the risk will decrease slightly. However, there are also factors complicating the 2 and 3 trimesters of pregnancy. Very important among them is the lack of oxygen to the child due to phytoplacental insufficiency.
Also, women who have experienced previous miscarriages, can give birth to a child prematurely using cesarean section. To make any predictions in this case is very difficult. However, due to qualified medical support, most pregnancies after one or even several miscarriages end in the safe birth of a healthy baby.
Miscarriage and its consequences
Miscarriage is called the failure of pregnancy due to pathologies in the development of the fetus, or poor state of health of a woman without medical intervention.
Miscarriage can happen for many reasons, among which are:
- having bad habits
- history of abortion
- stress and nervous tension
- hormonal imbalance
- infectious diseases
- physical exercise:
- abnormalities in the development of female genital organs,
- diseases of the thyroid gland, heart, kidney, blood vessels, the presence of tumors,
- use of drugs, etc.
At whatever time period a spontaneous abortion occurs, a woman experiences a serious hormonal change. The balance of hormones is disturbed even more than at conception, which affects the whole body.
Often, miscarriage is accompanied by a process of scraping. During cleaning, the uterus cavity and its mucous membranes are damaged. A thin layer of the endometrium in the future may be the reason for which the fertilized egg will not be able to attach.
In addition, though not always, miscarriage leads to severe blood loss. Excessive bleeding requires a long recovery.
In addition to the physiological upheaval, the woman is under psychological stress. She needs time to relive him. Not every woman can cope with this situation herself, she needs the help of her spouse, close people, and often a psychologist. The term of emotional recovery is individual and can take several weeks or several months or even years.
Examination after miscarriage
If a miscarriage occurred in a hospital setting, it is possible to analyze the embryo and identify its viability and the absence of abnormalities and pathologies.
A woman will have to go through the following studies to find out the reasons for what happened:
- Karyotyping Often a miscarriage occurs due to serious genetic disorders of the fetus, incompatible with life. Если у эмбриона присутствуют пороки развития, дефекты, то он погибает, после чего начинается самопроизвольный аборт.To identify chromosome inconsistencies in a married couple, it is necessary to donate blood, after which the geneticist will examine the number and structure of chromosomes under a microscope and determine if there are any violations of the genetic code. Based on the analysis, a conclusion is made about the possible risks of having a baby with genetic abnormalities.
- Hormonal examination. Miscarriage can occur as a result of hormonal disruption, when there is a surplus or deficiency of certain hormones in the body. To find out, it is necessary to pass a test for sex hormones, for example, progesterone, thyroid stimulating hormone, prolactin, testosterone, as well as thyroid hormones.
- Research immunological status. An examination by an immunologist will detect the presence of infectious inflammatory processes, as well as latent chronic diseases. The doctor will individually select which tests to pass to both spouses in order to assess their state of health.
- Gynecological examination. The cause of a miscarriage could be the pathology of the female genital organs, among which are the two-horned or saddle-shaped uterus, myoma, polyps, etc. You can identify them using ultrasound, as well as hysteroscopy, laparoscopy. Before planning a new pregnancy, a woman will need to re-do an ultrasound and examine the ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus, and her endometrium to assess whether he has recovered from a miscarriage. The cause of miscarriage can be genital infections. To exclude them, a genetic smear is taken, bacposev, PCR diagnostics is performed.
In addition to basic research, additional ones may be required. If a woman has such diseases as thrombophilia, antiphospholipid syndrome, the doctor will prescribe a coagulogram for her to determine blood coagulability. In the case of chronic diseases, consultation of a therapist, surgeon, nephrologist, cardiologist, etc. may be required.