- 1. After menstruation pulls the lower abdomen and lower back.
- 2. Why is still pulling the lower abdomen after menstruation
- 2.1. A bit about the menstrual cycle
- 3. Why does stomach ache after menstruation
- 4. Stomach ache after menstruation as before menses: anxious symptoms
- 5. How to get rid of pain after menstruation
Why is still pulling the lower abdomen after menstruation
The onset of menstruation in many women is accompanied by pain, which should not be at their completion. But this occurs. Women experience pain and discomfort in the lower back, lower abdomen and pelvis. This may be a symptom of other serious disorders. It is impossible not to respond to such signals of your body.
Especially, if the pain does not go away or decreases after taking the pills for a certain time, then it is urgent to consult a doctor.
No need to panic, if only appeared weak back pain. But why this happens to your body, you need to know.
A bit about the menstrual cycle
Monthly - a blood discharge of a special nature. They can be mixed, lumps and clots. They are darker in color than blood from a wound. This is an indicator of a woman’s health and that she’s not pregnant right now.
The period from monthly to monthly is called the menstrual cycle. Between the bleeding should take place no less than 21 days and no more than 36. Pre-discomfort occurs in the lower abdomen, lower back, there is mild nausea and headache.
Painful sensations arise due to increased stress on the organs of the reproductive system and increased irritation of the nerve fibers.
Why does the stomach ache after menstruation
If, after the menstrual period, the abdomen is sore and aching, there may be several reasons:
- Violations of the gastrointestinal tract.
Part of the organs belonging to the gastrointestinal tract, are located near the genitals. Therefore, intestinal problems may affect other “neighboring” organs. For example, bloating, constipation, adhesions after surgery, appendicitis or infectious disorders.
Abdominal pain can occur due to various inflammatory processes in the pelvis.
Inflammation of the infectious nature of the genitals. Causes: non-compliance with the rules of intimate hygiene, unprotected sexual intercourse, fungus. Manifested in the form of gray purulent discharge, itching of the external genital organs, swelling.
- Inflammation of the fallopian tubes and ovaries. Accompanied by acute pain and a sharp rise in temperature.
- Endometritis or endometriosis.
All women know that pregnancy can be determined by the absence of menstruation. But it happens otherwise. After menstruation, lower abdominal pain just might indicate this. This may occur due to the individual characteristics of the organism.
- Violations of the genitourinary system.
Inflammatory processes can also give pain. This may be cystitis, pyelonephritis, or the presence of kidney stones. If the pain does not stop, and even intensifies, then it is necessary to urgently consult a doctor.
Stomach ache after menstruation as before menses: anxious symptoms
There are a number of symptoms, in the presence of which you need to urgently consult a doctor.
- Blood discharge that dragged on.
- There is an unpleasant smell during discharge.
- Painful sensations. And so intense that it is impossible to touch the stomach.
- The chest has become a size larger. Discharge from the nipples of white or clear liquid.
- The temperature that indicates the inflammatory process in the body is 37.2 degrees.
How to get rid of pain after menstruation
There are several ways to reduce pain.
- The pain can be psychological. Surround yourself with good people and positive emotions. If the work constantly delivers stress, then it is desirable to change it. Perhaps you need to go somewhere to rest.
- Take a horizontal position and attach a very warm, but not hot, heating pad to the sore spot. Thus, you will bring blood flow to the affected area and reduce pain.
- Feet should always be kept warm. Protect them from excessive moisture and hypothermia.
- Temporarily exclude reception of the use of coffee and tea. Give your preference to lemon balm, St. John's wort, chamomile, that is, natural ingredients.
- There is one good painkiller, although not very pleasant to use. This wormwood bitter. Take 2 teaspoons of wormwood and cover with 2 cups of hot boiled water. This is one serving. On the day you need to drink at least two: in the morning and in the evening.
- If the pain is of such intensity that you cannot tolerate, then you can turn to medications.
- Play sports. This will help improve the structure of muscle tissue. Recommended especially for people who lead a sedentary lifestyle. Perhaps you opt for yoga. It helps to train the muscles of the pelvic organs.
Causes of lower abdominal pain may be different. Consult your doctor, establish the diagnosis and then decide on the method of treatment and prevention.
Why does lower abdomen ache after menstruation
The causes of pain after menstruation are varied. Such symptoms in certain situations are considered normal, but often pathological.
It is quite difficult to independently determine why the discomfort appeared after the end of the regulation. A woman needs to listen to all the changes that occur in her body, and tell the doctor about them. After a complete diagnosis, the gynecologist will be able to identify the cause of the discomfort and make an accurate diagnosis.
In situations where after menstruation, lower abdomen and lower back ache, endometriosis is often diagnosed. This pathology is characterized by the proliferation of the functional layer of the reproductive organ beyond its natural location. Ovaries and peritoneum may be affected.
Among the main symptoms of the disease, in addition to discomfort in the abdomen, are the following:
- menstruation becomes long and intense
- my chest hurts a lot
- there are painful feelings when urinating, intimacy and defecation,
- brown is observed on the last day of regul.
The danger of endometriosis is that it provokes the inflammatory process and the growth of connective tissues, which leads to the development of adhesive disease and infertility.
This is a benign growth that can appear from the outer and inner parts of the genital organ. In the process of its growth, the muscles and ligaments are stretched, and the neighboring organs, vessels, and nerve endings are compressed. At the same time, the abdomen increases in size and, after the end of the critical days, aches, as before menstruation. Outside the menstruation period, spotting appears.
Sometimes uterine fibroids with endometriosis cause severe symptoms. Learn how to deal with this pathology in a separate article on our website.
Inflammatory diseases of the female genital organs
The risk of developing inflammatory diseases during the regulatory period and immediately after their completion increases significantly. For this reason, it is recommended to observe all the rules of intimate hygiene with special care, properly care for the genitals and avoid hypothermia. These pathologies are capable of rapidly developing, affecting the ovaries and the genital organ. As a result, after the monthly pain in the lower abdomen.
Endometritis and salpingoophoritis are manifested primarily in the form of uncharacteristic secretions. There is also nagging pain, fever.
These diseases require mandatory therapy. The doctor will tell you in detail which medicines and antibiotics for endometritis will help and prescribe a course of treatment.
The cysts formed in the ovaries may not immediately manifest themselves. Often they are detected during the ultrasound of the pelvic organs. The main symptom of pathology is pain in the lower abdomen on the right or left.
Among the complications of the disease are the rupture of cysts and twisting their legs. In this case, the pain syndrome becomes cutting and the woman needs urgent medical assistance.
Adhesions in the pelvic cavity
This pathology is characterized by the formation of adhesions in the genital organ or fallopian tubes, which is caused by the inflammatory process, which provokes an intensive production of the adhesive substance fibrin. Due to this, adjacent tissues are glued together, and inflammation does not spread to other areas. Tissues that are interconnected, gradually grow together and form adhesions.
The severity of the clinical picture directly depends on how much the adhesions have spread.
If the pathology is acute, in women after menstruation pulls the lower abdomen and lower back, there is hyperthermia, nausea, vomiting and weakness. In the case of a chronic course of the disease on a monthly basis (after menstruation ends), there is aching pain.
In some cases, the disease is asymptomatic.
How to find out the reason for yourself
If the periods have passed, and the lower abdomen pulls, and the pain even passes into the lumbar region, then these symptoms often indicate the development of various pathologies, and not only in the gynecological field. It is quite difficult and almost impossible to determine the causes of their appearance on their own. Therefore, a woman should seek medical advice.
Sometimes these symptoms are considered normal. The admissible clinical manifestations in this case are the following:
- pain syndrome, having paroxysmal character - gives to the lumbar region, thighs and groin,
- a slight rise in temperature - up to 37 degrees,
- irritability, distraction and anxiety,
- excessive appetite and craving for sweets. State of health and mood after eating significantly improved,
- weight gain
- swelling of the legs and arms.
If, in addition to these clinical manifestations, other symptoms are observed, you should seek medical advice as soon as possible. Only he is able to identify the causes of pain and choose the best course of treatment. The reason for the visit to the gynecologist are:
- body temperature in the range of 37-37.5 degrees, observed for a long time,
- breast enlargement in size and discharge of clear fluid from the nipples,
- menstruation lasting longer than usual
- an increase in pain to unbearable, it is even impossible to touch the stomach,
- vomiting and nausea
- painful defecation and urination,
- deterioration of the general condition.
Such clinical manifestations often signal serious health problems. When they appear, you need as soon as possible to seek help from a doctor. Only with timely initiated therapy will it be possible to eliminate unpleasant symptoms and avoid complications. Self-treatment in this case is considered an unacceptable measure.
Factors causing spasm and pain
Pain in the lower back after the end of the regulation can occur under the influence of various factors. The cause of discomfort in the abdomen is often stress or sleep disturbance. Problems with the endocrine system, on which hormones directly depend, can also provoke the appearance of unpleasant symptoms.
In some cases, the explanation for the pain after menstruation is the underdevelopment of the reproductive organ or its incorrect position. Often, such symptoms appear on the background of the inflammatory process in the urogenital system and the installation of the intrauterine device, which irritates the walls of the organ and creates a barrier to its reduction.
Hormonal imbalance can provoke the appearance of unpleasant sensations in the abdomen. This is due to the fact that the functioning of the reproductive system is directly dependent on hormones. As estrogen levels increase, critical days become longer and more painful. The cycle at the same time goes astray. In addition, the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome can persist even after the end of the regulator, due to which there is pain in the abdomen at the end of critical days.
In the absence of equilibrium between prostaglandins (substances that contribute to the reduction of the reproductive organ) and sex hormones, pains also appear in the lower abdomen.
Such symptoms may occur due to a banal hypothermia, the development of colds, excessive physical exertion during the critical days and chronic fatigue.
In the case of depression of the immune system, the body is subject to various pathologies and is unable to resist them. Due to this, a favorable environment for the growth of bacteria is created, and painful sensations caused by the development of pathologies appear.
If the discomfort disappears a couple of days after the end of menstruation, then most likely they were caused by hormonal disorders. There is no cause for concern.
If the symptoms do not disappear after this time and are accompanied by other uncharacteristic changes in the body, you should seek medical help. Tightening a visit should not be, because the pathology of the urogenital system, intestine or thyroid system can cause pain and in the absence of proper treatment lead to serious complications.
Causes of discomfort in the lower abdomen after the end of menstruation are different. In some cases, there is no cause for concern, but often these symptoms indicate the development of serious pathologies. At the same time resort to self-treatment is strictly prohibited. Suppressing pain, eliminate the cause of its occurrence is impossible. Without proper therapy, the condition may worsen significantly. Therefore, it is important to seek medical help in a timely manner.
Why does the stomach hurt before and during menstruation?
A week before the menstruation, many girls are pulling in the lower abdomen, engorgement of the mammary glands, slight pain and bloating appear - these are symptoms that signal the onset of critical days.
Some ladies immediately try to find out the reasons why the lower abdomen hurts and whether these are signs of some kind of disease. But, in most cases, all the symptoms “write off” to premenstrual syndrome and wait for the next bleeding.
The usual signs of upcoming menstruation are manifested in a weak localizing pain.
This may be due to various reasons:
- Before menstruation, a sharp drop in progesterone and estrogen in the blood occurs in the body, and as a result, the level of endorphins falls. And any unexpected hormone surges can not go unnoticed by the female body. That is why the deterioration of health, and the stomach does not stand aside.
Pain in the period of menstruation is also possible, but after two days, the maximum should pass, although there are exceptions.
Such feelings are associated with:
- nerve endings in the uterus,
- the individual structure of the female organ,
- state hormonal level of women.
No matter how it was there, but at the end of bleeding, all the painful discomfort must end. If the situation is reversed and the pain remains, you should consult a doctor.
Why pain after menstruation are dangerous
When the lower abdomen hurts after menstruation, while pulling the lower back, the situation can be much more serious than the girl suggests. Under these sensations can hide a whole "bunch" of diseases that are accompanied by other symptoms and signs.
What to do in such cases, why the pain does not pass after menstruation? Visit the gynecologist's office. An accurate diagnosis can be made only by a qualified specialist after the results of the examination and analyzes.
Pain in the lower abdomen and lower back may indicate many causes that require immediate resolution.
Consider the most common:
- Hormonal disorders may well cause such a condition. Failures affect the contractile function of the uterus, and the more such contractions, the more pain. In fact, there are always other symptoms associated with this disorder: migraine, chills, nausea.
- Feature of the structure of the uterus. It may be located in particular proximity to the nerve endings. If we add to this uniqueness the increased excitability of the nervous system, we get cramping pains in the lower abdomen and lower back.
- Hormonal drugs. Often, a woman who took hormonal contraceptives for the treatment of infertility, there are violations of the structure of the ovaries - overstimulation. This refers to cysts on the ovaries, increasing them in size. Severe form of such problems can cause discomfort after menstruation.
- Increased thyroid activitywhich also affects women's health. In addition to pain in the lower abdomen and lower back, the following symptoms may occur: psycho-emotional disorders, loss of appetite and sleep. In such women PMS occurs in a more pronounced form.
- Endometriosis. Problems with the process of increasing the endometrium can also disrupt the condition of the woman. For example, if the uterus enlarges beyond the limits of the female organ, into the abdominal cavity. Это заболевание – эндометриоз. За счет скопления крови в этой области происходят спазмы живота после месячных.
- Ectopic pregnancy may cause lower back pain after menstruation. It hurts the lower abdomen, but the focus of pain is localized on the one hand, where the fertilized egg is attached in the "wrong" place. With ectopic pregnancy appear bloody discharge after menstruation. Such “abnormal pregnancy is dangerous for the woman’s life, therefore it is urgent to correct the problem using laparoscopy.
- Cyst, tumor on the genitals - All this can also be the cause of pain after menstruation. Such neoplasms tend to increase in size, which leads to a feeling of internal constriction. All this leads to blockage of the normal blood supply to the female genitals. As a result, there is discomfort in the lower part of the pelvis - the lower abdomen hurts and gives to the lower back even after the end of menstruation.
- Appendicitis or inflammation of the appendix can cause sharp stabbing, aching or dull pains not only in the right side, but also give in other areas of the abdominal cavity, pulling the entire lower back. Of course, the main focus of inflammation is on the right, therefore, strong pain falls on the very focus of the problem. This disease is characterized by nausea, even vomiting, fever and chills. What to do in this situation? Eliminate possible other causes, but if the pain is clearly pronounced on the right, immediately consult a doctor. An inflammation of the appendix can occur on any day of the cycle, not only after menstruation.
Another disease can cause back pain after menstruation, although this disease is less common. Who would have thought, but tuberculosis can also cause similar symptoms that affect the stomach of a woman. With this disease, the genitals can be completely affected. But in 90% of cases the pathology strikes the ovaries, fallopian tubes and uterus. Rarely, tuberculosis affects the external genitals - the vagina and cervix.
What if a woman observes the symptoms of genital tuberculosis? Urgently consult a specialist. Genital tuberculosis can cause an acute stomach. A specialist in such cases may be mistaken with the assumption of diagnosis, because the symptoms resemble appendicitis, ovarian apoplexy, ectopic pregnancy.
It is necessary to pass all tests, to undergo a complete examination, in order to determine the exact diagnosis by 100%.
The symptoms of this disease are quite wide:
- The absence of monthly more than 2 cycles
- Intense pain during menstruation,
- Intermenstrual blood smearing
- Severe bleeding for more than a week
- Low-grade body temperature
- Sharp weight loss
- Increased sweating compared to the usual,
- Bad general well-being.
In any case, when after menstruation the lower back and lower abdomen hurts, especially if the pains are cramping, you should not postpone the visit to the doctor.
Inflammatory nature of lower abdominal pain
Often the cause of pain in the lower abdomen and lower back after the end of critical days can be diseases that are inflammatory in nature. It can be diseases that have become chronic, with periodic relapse, so a woman is suffering from ailments for more than one cycle of menstruation. Although painful sensations can appear on any day of the cycle.
Inflammations often provoke pain in the lower abdomen and lower back after menstruation.
Among them are the following diseases:
- Adnexitis - inflammation of the appendages, sometimes due to infection. The source can be chlamydia, mycoplasma, ureplazma. Such a problem may worsen and cause infertility. Therefore, if a woman discovered lingering pain in the lower abdomen, passing into the lower back - immediately worth going towards the gynecologist.
- Oophoritis - acute inflammation in the ovaries. Pathogens are various cocci, tuberculosis and E. coli, chlamydia. The disease can develop into adnexitis and salpingo-oophoritis (damage to the fallopian tubes and ovaries). Oophoritis has several stages of the disease: acute, subacute, chronic with periodic recurrence. During the acute form, the woman feels the whole “bunch” of symptoms: an increased body temperature of about 38 degrees, the abdomen hardens and tension is felt in it. Between this, woman’s well-being suffers: nausea, headache, uncharacteristic vaginal discharge, urinary retention, and the like. Chronic oophoritis is not as pronounced, but also unpleasant. Do not wait for improvements, but rather start treating the problem.
- Endometritis - inflammation of the internal endometrium. The source becomes an infectious nature: genital infection, complications after childbirth, cleaning the uterus, cesarean section, even the installation of an intrauterine contraceptive can be a cause if it is not properly selected or installed. Symptoms of endometritis are localizing pain in the lower back, lower abdomen and vaginal secretions of brown color with mucus.
- Vulvitis - inflammation of the vulva. The "root of evil" can be infections and fungi. Deviation from simple standards of hygiene, cramped and synthetic underwear - all this can provoke the development of vulvitis. In such cases, the girl notes in her swelling of the vulva, burning and itching of the perineum, purulent discharge from the vagina, the stomach also suffers.
- Cervicitis - inflammatory process in the cervix area. Quite often, this disease is accompanied by stretching pains in the abdomen, lower back, and purulent vaginal secretions. The cause of cervicitis can be various infections, viruses, injuries after surgical interventions on the genitals of a woman.
- Cystitis - problems in the urogenital system can be attributed to this list - inflammation of the urinary bladder. The disease can come from different directions: infection, allergies, promiscuous sex, bowel disease and many others. Symptoms of cystitis rather pronounced: painful urination, abdominal pain after menstruation, blood in the urine.
- Pyelonephritis - bacterial inflammatory kidney disease. Symptoms: high body temperature, severe chills, lower back pain, nausea, vomiting, frequent urination, blood in the urine.
- Urolithiasis disease - not an exception. Pull the lower abdomen and lower back can be a consequence of urolithiasis. Stones appear on the background of various failures in the health of a woman. A sign may be a dull pain in the spinal region, rarely - blood in the urine.
When to go to the doctor
As you can see, pain after menstruation in the stomach can be of different origin. Therefore, it is important to visit a gynecologist. He pinpoint the source and rid of it.
Not all women at the first discomfort run to the doctor. However, there are situations that do not tolerate objections, but require an immediate appeal to a specialist.
So, if a girl, in addition to the discomfort of the abdomen, discovered the following problems after menstruation, what should be done?
Seek help from specialized locations:
- Increased body temperature
- Low-grade fever for several days
- An increase in the mammary glands, in addition, an incomprehensible fluid is secreted from the nipples
- Vaginal discharge has a strong odor
- Abdominal pain are intense, and pulls not only in the middle, but also outside.
For any progressive symptoms, either before the menstruation, during menstruation, or after it - self-treatment can only aggravate the situation. A warm heater, bath or spasmalgothic, will solve the problem for a while, and qualified therapy will relieve the disease forever and the stomach will no longer be disturbed.
“You have oophoritis,” the doctor says.
Perhaps the most common disease. This is an ovarian disease caused by overwork, prolonged stress, hypothermia, various infectious or inflammatory processes.
Today, many young girls treat their health lightly and in the cold wear short skirts, nylon tights and boots with thin fur. Hence, inflammation of the ovaries, pain, cramps, discharge and, as a result, long treatment. A long-term or not fully treated oophoritis easily becomes chronic and is expressed precisely by postmenstrual pain.
“Friend” of oophoritis adnexitis
Inflammation of the fallopian tubes - adnexitis - often goes "hand in hand" with oophoritis. Both diseases at the initial stage are similar to the common cold and are accompanied by fever and chills.
Few women go to the doctor (especially to the gynecologist) with such trifling symptoms and cost the simplest medicines from the first-aid kit. However, if in addition you have a backache after menstruation, this is no longer the common cold.
Cyst or tumor
When a cyst or tumor only begins to grow, the body does not "produce" these neoplasms. It is only with their growth that the adjacent organs and nerve endings are compressed.
There is pain in the spine, abdomen and lower back. Ignoring these pains can lead to tissue necrosis or peritonitis. Then surgical intervention and, possibly, removal of an ovary will be required.
Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome
Sometimes in order to complete the work of the body and improve the reproductive function, women are given drugs to stimulate ovulation. On the second or fourth day after the drug is swallowed, this syndrome occurs. You can not take drugs often and in large quantities: this can lead to the fact that the ovaries increase, there will be cysts, and each menstruation will bring severe pain.
The reason is emotions
Incredible, but true: the emotional state can cause exactly the same pain as the above reasons. Hysteria, prolonged stress or depression (also referred to as “borderline emotional states”) are very rare and, fortunately, are easily treatable. But the most important doctor in this case is you. Cope with your emotions, relax, find your outlet and you will not torment the "menstrual nightmare."
A little bit of everything
The simplest hypothermia (for example, during the previously mentioned frost walks in light clothing), human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), sexually transmitted diseases (chlamydia, mycoplasmosis, ureaplasmosis, trichomoniasis, and many others), use of the intrauterine device, as well as a large number of sexual partners, - All these factors are favorable for the appearance of bacteria.
Therefore, in addition to abdominal cramps, aching pain in the lower back, body temperature jumps sharply and the general condition of the woman's body worsens. However, if time does not pay attention to such changes, the pain after menstruation will become common. In this case, the serious consequences are unlikely to be avoided.
- Articles on the topic: why does ponica hurt before menstruation and during them
How to start treatment
To identify the cause of pain in the lower back and abdomen after menstruation, it is necessary to undergo a number of examinations.
- Ultrasound examination will reveal the presence of inflammation of the pelvic organs (this includes the uterus, fallopian tubes, cervix, ovaries)
- The result of the blood test for hormones will tell about the violations that cause the growth of tissues of the appendages and the uterus
- A vaginal smear will show the fungi and bacteria that exist in the genitals.
- Another mandatory procedure is a blood test for the presence of genital infections.
When the body transmits pain signals to you, it most likely warns you of inflammation in the fallopian tubes, ovaries, or the presence of tumors, cysts or other tumors in your body. Listen to him. He asks you for help.
Finally, I would like to say a few more important and kind words: do not self-medicate, this can end badly and lead to infertility. Whatever herbal collections and plots your grandmother did not treat, no matter what the neighbor said about the infirmities of modern medicine, whatever drugs are recommended by the best friend, none of them can determine the true cause of back and abdominal pains. Only a qualified doctor will examine, call the cause of the discomfort and prescribe treatment. Love yourself and be healthy.
Pulls the lower back at 39 weeks of pregnancy, what to do?
Pulls the lower back at 40 weeks of pregnancy, what to do?
Pulls the lower back at 8 weeks of pregnancy, what to do?
Self-cure for this ailment
Everyone at least once in his life engaged in this fascinating activity. This brings the highest sensations of joy, when the pain or symptom can be overcome and the most embarrassed look in the eyes of the doctor when it comes to him.
You can talk a lot about where modern medicine is strong, and where burdock leaf will fit as a compress, but if you have discomfort in the pelvic area, you shouldn’t delay with the definition, as well as with the decision. The reason for this can be a very real pathology, which should be diagnosed as soon as possible and properly treated. Neither the first nor the second can be done independently.
Of course, you should not immediately sound the alarm, but you will not be superfluous to watch your body more carefully, as well as to consult a specialist.
Related symptoms of pain
If the monthly period is over, and the lower abdomen pulls, this is a clear signal that it is time to “surrender” to the doctors. At the doctor's appointment, it is necessary to describe as many of the symptoms and associated sensations that accompany the pulling or aching pain of the abdomen. A woman may complain about such manifestations as:
- the backache hurts too,
- the temperature rises
- mammary glands become sore and aching with aching pain, etc.
All of the above should be carefully monitored, as this will help in the process of diagnosis.
At the appointment with the diagnostician, first of all, it is necessary to indicate the nature of the pain: is it constant or periodic? What is acute or dull, aching, pulling or sticking in intensity? If this is not enough to build a clear picture, then the doctor may prescribe a complete gynecological examination by ultrasound of the pelvic organs. Do not be afraid to talk about this problem, since any disease is easier to defeat at the beginning of its development.
Pregnancy and feeding period
The reasons for which the lower abdomen hurts women after menstruation may be many. And from this list pregnancy and breastfeeding cannot be excluded. Sharp hormonal changes and endometrial conditions during this period usually rule out the appearance of menstruation. But often such changes occur gradually, accompanied by bloody discharge for 2−4 months. It is easy to take them for menstrual. Moreover, if a woman does not know about her position, then the pulling pains in the area of the uterus will cause her anxiety.
Another possible developmental option for pregnancy that causes abdominal pain may be a lack of progesterone and, as a result, an abortion that has begun. If the day when menstrual flow should begin, breakthrough bleeding occurs, then this is a clear sign of threatened abortion. Progesterone serves to maintain the tone of the genital organ, not allowing it to contract, but if it is not produced enough, then the uterus is reduced.
There is a detachment of the ovum, and the hematoma resulting from this process is emptied, causing blood discharge. The woman takes them for menstruation, after which the pain comes.
Possible pathologies and diseases
Pulling pain in the pelvic area in women may occur due to the pathology of the urinary system. Pyelonephritis, bacteriuria, and cystitis most often serve as sources of pain, during which the lower abdomen can ache, pull, become immensely heavy. Ultrasonic examination of the bladder and kidneys, as well as urinalysis, can help diagnose something like this. Additional factors that signal bladder or kidney disease can be:
- urinary incontinence,
- general temperature.
Another source of pain can be the intestines. A stool delay of more than three days indicates constipation. In this case, flatulence and bloating are also added to the pulling pains. Pressure in the abdominal cavity occurs when the intestines are filled, which presses against the uterus. This causes unpleasant soreness before and after menstruation. If everything is limited to these symptoms, then most likely you should not worry much. But when you hang up the temperature, you can talk about infection or intoxication. Here you just need to see a doctor.
A common cause of why pulling the belly after menstruation is the formation of a tumor. A peculiar vial of fluid that forms in the ovary can be quite large. This causes pressure on organs that are located nearby, causes ovarian tissue to overstretch. If, after the menstrual period, the loins also hurt, then it's time to make an appointment with a gynecologist to remove all suspicions of this type of tumor. It may well be benign and go through a few months, but the extra risk has not yet brought anyone to good.
But the tumor can be located not only in the ovary. Fibroids or polyps (a tumor directly in the cavity of the reproductive organ) cause, as a rule, sharp, cutting pains.
Коричневые выделения во время месячных сигнализируют о развитии эндометриоза. В этом случае, чаще всего, брюшная стенка, фаллопиевы трубы и яичники поражаются из-за разрастания оболочки матки. Реже это происходит в кишечнике и надпочечниках. Bleeding occurs not only in the uterus, but also in the affected areas, due to which menstruation becomes more protracted. Together with a brownish tinge of release, an increased period of menstruation indicates the development of this type of pathology.
The inflammatory process in the body can also cause abdominal pain during menstruation. It is accompanied by an unusual nature of discharge. An untreated infection or sexually transmitted disease causes inflammation and an increase in the affected organ, causing pain.
The pain increases with movement or during intercourse, and the discharge takes on a yellow tint and an unpleasant odor. Infection is a fairly common cause of disease today. Not only sexual intercourse can cause it to enter the body. The low level of personal hygiene when visiting public baths and saunas, toilets and showers in the pool can cause many consequences for a person.
The stomach hurts after menstruation during the first months of adolescent girls. Genital organs vary in size, the tone of the uterus changes, hormonal background is unstable. The first periods can be generally painful.
There are even more reasons why when menstruation goes, the lower abdomen hurts, it appears in women at the end of the reproductive period. These include childbirth, abortion, surgery on the uterus or ovaries, as a result of which scars can remain on the genitals. The bend of the uterus and the change in its usual position can also be attributed to the list of causes of discomfort in the lower abdomen. Therefore, after 40 years, women are recommended to be more attentive to their body and to the appearance of new, especially uncomfortable, sensations.
On top of that, the lower abdomen on the right can pull even with appendicitis. In this case, delay the treatment to the doctor is prohibited. It is best to call an ambulance.
General recommendations for patients
Self-medication, traditional medicine and the advice of "good" acquaintances will never be the key to good health and getting rid of all possible ailments. Effective such treatment happens only in exceptional cases that fall under the conditions of a total error of the total number of observations.
Consultation with a specialist can never be neglected, since only the result of examinations and analyzes can guarantee the absence of contraindications, abnormalities and physiological features of the organism. Only after the general good condition of the body has been confirmed can the general strengthening and tempering procedures be added to your life. Charging will help not to get sick, but she is unable to cure.
If there are no serious diseases and contraindications, then it will be good to strengthen your own body. To improve the condition of muscle tissues and ligaments, as well as the tissues of internal organs, it is recommended to do pilates and general gymnastics. The elasticity of the tissues of the genital organs for women will be the key to a healthy body and healthy children.
Ask your doctor: why pulling the lower abdomen after menstruation?
The causes of the sensation of this symptom may be different. Among them are the absolute norm and pathology. It’s almost impossible to figure out on your own what caused the onset of this symptom. However, you can listen to your feelings.
See your doctor and tell me if you have any accompanying signs. These include weight in the lumbar region, fever, engorgement of the mammary glands, and so on. Most likely, the gynecologist will schedule an examination for you. Only after receiving the results of the diagnosis can you say exactly why after your menstrual period the lower abdomen pulls. Consider the main causes of the symptom.
Pregnancy and the threat of its interruption
When you have after a month of pulling the lower abdomen, pregnancy is not excluded. It can be diagnosed during a gynecological examination or during an ultrasound examination. How, in this case, to explain the fact that menstruation has passed, and the lower part of the abdomen pulls?
Some women start breakthrough bleeding on the day of the alleged menstruation. In this case, the allocation is not monthly. Doctors in this case talk about the threat of termination of pregnancy. Often this situation is due to a lack of progesterone. This hormone maintains the normal tone of the reproductive organ, not allowing it to contract. If this substance is produced in insufficient quantities, then the uterus is reduced, and there is a detachment of the ovum. The resulting hematoma is often emptied. This is accompanied by bloody discharge, which the woman takes for the next menstruation. After it there is a nagging pain, which also indicates the threat of abortion or abortion.
Implantation of a fertilized cell
Why after menstruation pulls the lower abdomen and chest? The cause of this process in the female body can be the introduction of the ovum into the wall of the reproductive organ. Let us consider this situation in more detail.
During the rupture of the follicle, small vessels are damaged. This causes slight bleeding. A woman can take this fact for another menstruation. If an unprotected sexual contact has occurred after the release of the egg, then conception occurs. Next, the cell travels through the fallopian tubes of a woman for several days and descends into the uterus. This is where the so-called implantation takes place. Often these actions are accompanied by pulling or unpleasant sensations in the lower peritoneal region.
Urinary System Pathologies
Why does a woman after menstruation pulls the lower abdomen? This symptom may appear due to diseases of the urinary system. The most common pyelonephritis, cystitis, bacteriuria, and so on. You can learn about them after an ultrasound of the kidneys and bladder, as well as urine tests.
During menstruation, the woman's body becomes more vulnerable. It is during this period that a wide variety of bladder diseases can be acquired. As soon as the bleeding ends, nagging pains begin. Also, symptoms such as burning, urinary incontinence, fever, and so on are sometimes joined.
Why pulling the lower abdomen after menstruation? The reason for the appearance of this symptom may be hidden in the state of the intestine. Typically, these feelings cause a delay in the chair. If the act of defecation was not observed for more than three days, then we are talking about constipation. At the same time, meteorism and bloating join the pulling sensations in the lower abdomen. The explanation of the occurrence of such sensations is as follows.
With the fullness of the intestines in the abdominal cavity in women there is pressure. The digestive organ puts pressure on the uterus. As a result, discomfort and unpleasant pulling pain develops. These symptoms are especially pronounced during and after menstruation. If fever is associated with the above symptoms, then we can talk about infection or intoxication. For such complaints, you should contact a specialist in the near future.
Tumors of benign and malignant nature on the ovaries
Why does a woman after menstruation pulls the lower abdomen? The reason may be in the formation of a tumor. In this case, a kind of bubble with a liquid is formed on the ovary. It can be quite large. At the same time, the pulling pain develops as a result of pressure on neighboring organs or overstretching of the ovarian tissue.
In most cases, the resulting tumor is benign. However, it can be functional and go on its own in a few months. Malignant cysts do not usually grow so rapidly. They increase gradually and cause periodic pain over many cycles.
Inflammation in the cavity of the reproductive organ
If a woman after menstruation pulls the lower abdomen, and the discharge is unusual, then it is an inflammatory process. Often it develops after an untreated infection or a sexually transmitted disease.
The pain in this case is due to an increase in the inflamed organ. Unpleasant sensations are aggravated by active movement, during sexual intercourse. The discharge after menstruation may have a yellow tinge and an unpleasant odor. If untreated, the pathology becomes chronic. The pain in this case becomes less pronounced. However, it is already quite difficult to correct this state.
Why after menstruation pulls the lower abdomen and lower back? The reason may be hiding in particular the structure of the internal organs. Often these sensations increase during bleeding and subside by the middle of the cycle. Doctors say that after the birth of a child, such pains go away on their own.
The main reasons for such discomfort are hidden in the uterus bend, septum formation and other ailments.
In conclusion of the article ...
The main reasons for which pain often occurs after menstruation have become known to you. If you encounter this symptom, you should not look for pathology yourself. You just can't do it. Consult a doctor, take the necessary tests. After that, the doctor will prescribe a suitable correction. If you follow these recommendations, your condition will soon improve. I wish you health and well-being!